Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

RE: COMBINING ASU AND GHSU: Nobody has asked the college students who are working to get their degrees and want to have the title of their college on their diploma. Nobody has asked the professors or teachers about whether they want this.

THIS IS A MAJOR rant to the James Brown Arena. The RiverHawks are an exciting hockey team; they are doing everything they can to grow the sport in the area and make a night at the James Brown Arena a fun family night – until you want to purchase some concessions. Way to gouge the public on concessions at the arena. You’re not at an MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA event; you’re minor league hockey. Wake up, Augusta, and stop killing your fan base.

WHAT IS MR. ROMNEY’S first name? I don’t think his mother named him Mitt. I think it may be short for Mitchell. If anybody knows, I would really like to know.

THESE PEOPLE SAYING Mr. James is doing such a wonderful job don’t know what they are talking about. Chief Willis was fire chief and EMA manager. Mr. James is not doing the EMA; an assistant chief is doing that.

SINCE DR. AZZIZ flew into town, there have been changes. First the name of MCG. Then he wanted to close the street. Now he is going after ASU. I guess the name of the new college should be the Azziz Medical & Arts of Augusta Georgia. Right.

PATHETIC THAT ONLY three commissioners showed up to interview David Greene for fire chief. It looks like the rest already had their mind made up.

SUGGESTED WORD OF THE DAY: Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and the most capable of reproducing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. Kind of defines our society, doesn’t it? What a crying shame.

HOW CAN A READER (say) MCG should merge with Paine College when Paine is a private Methodist college? It is not owned or funded by the state of Georgia, but by the Methodist church. I am sure Dr. Azziz would love to take over Paine, but tell all of the dreamers to dream on!

countyman
19719
countyman 01/23/12 - 12:39 am
I've read on here Augusta

I've read on here Augusta State should have merged with Augusta Tech instead.. A four year college and a two year technical school don't fit together..

I think people say things without thinking because it's the internet..

GeezeLouise
GeezeLouise 01/23/12 - 12:55 am
Makes a heck of a lot more

Makes a heck of a lot more sense for a 4 year community college to merge with a 2 year community technical school then merge with a post graduate level medical school

countyman
19719
countyman 01/23/12 - 02:38 am
Several people have graduated

Several people have graduated from ASU, and then went on to attend GHSU.. 12.7% of the current student population at GHSU went to ASU.. GHSU offers four other colleges including the Medical College of Georgia(medical school)..

Some people tend to forget we have the only dental college in the state..

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 07:50 am
WOW....I'm baaaccckkk----DEAL

WOW....I'm baaaccckkk----DEAL with it you know who!

OK now after 2 routers/1 broken wire/1 new toshiba/2 geek guys /over 1000 bucks.....we are back in the saddle again.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 07:53 am
Why complain about Dr

Why complain about Dr Azziz....I'm convinced now the man can get whatever he wants........he has charmed the guys downtown...what did he do with them.....

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 01/23/12 - 07:56 am
LOL...no need seenit...there

LOL...no need seenit...there is no news...just yesterdays.......(.sad little paper). I am off to read some real newspapers...Telegraph here I come.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 08:18 am
wonders ...we know how to

wonders ...we know how to stir the news ....we can do it!!

btw---I'm 100% convinced a woman should have 1 good dog & 1 good husband living with her at all times----for the last 2 days we have had a squirrel hiding out inside our house----yesterday he chewed through the bathroom wall & came flying out---it was action time around here.....the dog went after him--gob was chasing---the whole house was turned upside down---FINALLY with all doors left wide open he took off into the night.....whew.

Techfan
Techfan 01/23/12 - 08:19 am
Willard.

Willard.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 08:20 am
One thing I noticed on

One thing I noticed on here....while some of the big posters have been missing from here.....the complainers didn't post-didn't put anything worthwhile on here---didn't get their word to the masses....so where's the beef??

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 01/23/12 - 08:26 am
seenit..I HATE

seenit..I HATE squirrels...nasty vermin..tree rats...sorry the dog didn't inflict deadly force......

Trouble
Trouble 01/23/12 - 08:26 am
dang sb4, you musta really

dang sb4, you musta really wanted to make that come back......lol

morning all

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 01/23/12 - 08:28 am
the most interesting thing

the most interesting thing about this article are the comments on socialism by the British people.......and that our economy would have fixed itself without barry's meddling.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 08:33 am

trouble----i've been missing you......all of the group!!

allhans
allhans 01/23/12 - 08:45 am
One poster wanted to know...I

One poster wanted to know...I simply typed his named into Google amd lookee:

Born: Willard Mitt Romney on Wednesday March 12th, 1947 • Mitt Romney is 64 years old.
----------
Frankly I think he should use Will rather than Mitt..tougher sounding, not newtish.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 01/23/12 - 08:48 am
It's amazing how people can

It's amazing how people can look up everything that there is publicly available about Pres. Barack Obama, yet, they are too lazy to look up things about candidates who are running for president. Just makes me wonder........

allhans
allhans 01/23/12 - 09:03 am
Don't you fret onlysane1left.

Don't you fret onlysane1left. We use it more than enough. The good, the bad and the ugly. We even recognize the truth when we see it...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 09:14 am
JTF....I don't want to scare

JTF....I don't want to scare you with this BUT last night I had this strange dream......you were in it....what stood out is you had the body of a 26 year old......nice/smoking/muscled.....you were leaning againat a banquet table & said..."Yeh..it's me..jtf.".....my mouth dropped wide open in amazement......I guess all that running through airports will keep you in shape ..HEH??

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/23/12 - 09:52 am
River is going to be jealous.

River is going to be jealous.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 09:57 am
River who?? Since I've been

River who?? Since I've been away a few days I had a memory lapse...:)

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/23/12 - 10:01 am
Typical female. "What have

Typical female. "What have you done for me lately"

David Parker
David Parker 01/23/12 - 10:06 am
Good looking morning out

Good looking morning out there. Make sure to put on some sunscreen before exiting the hizzy!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 10:07 am
Aww come on......we have

Aww come on......we have some great females on here.....

smart-different-hard workers-good sense of humor--& some a little strange at times but that makes them interesting....

Where are they this morning...I'm wondering?

JRC2024
JRC2024 01/23/12 - 10:24 am
Good morning sb4. Missed your

Good morning sb4. Missed your humor and insight.

happychimer
happychimer 01/23/12 - 10:27 am
Good morning everyone.I think

Good morning everyone.I think February will have some cold weather, because birds are feeding heavy now. Animals know more about the weather than weather men.

happychimer
happychimer 01/23/12 - 10:28 am
Well I said good morning and

Well I said good morning and mentioned the weather, and my comment is being held.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 10:33 am
Thanks JRC.....you are

Thanks JRC.....you are special in my eyes.....funny how we get to "know" others on here & miss them like dear friends from years ago....so a great good morning to all!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/23/12 - 10:50 am
Hey, SeenIt and others.

Hey, SeenIt and others. Usually, I just say hey SeenIt, but she's making me jealous dreaming about JRC. Been a rainy couple of days. A good thing we had football yesterday. JRC, I think the receiver had the ball long enough on the endzone pass, I'd have complained if I had been the Ravens.

David Parker
David Parker 01/23/12 - 11:04 am
Poor guy choked it all up

Poor guy choked it all up there at the end. Hate to see the Pats back in the bowl now. GO NY !!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 11:06 am
Don't worry river...you are

Don't worry river...you are hard to forget......:)

The ole mind wonders at night.....looking/searching ..ya know whatta mean......

Sometimes it is Scarlett & Rhett.....and you get to play Rhett....& let me say...you do a better job!

raul
raul 01/23/12 - 11:07 am
@allhans. But Mitt sounds so

@allhans. But Mitt sounds so preppy, Ha.

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.