Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I WOULD LIKE TO see a story on the procedures they used to approve the GHSU-ASU merger. I have never seen any government decision rushed through so quickly. It makes me very nervous. Now we will have to assess the potential impact after the decision has been made. If they find out the mergers will ultimately hurt us, will they stop them? How much would that cost?

HAS THIS ADMINISTRATION and Congress set us in motion for a repeat of history? We blindly send millions of dollars in foreign aid to any country that expounds to follow our democratic ideals even though in actuality they do just the opposite. At the same time this administration has proposed further cuts in an effort to decimate our military. This appears to be the same type of action that was performed after World War I. Who will make the next sneak attack?

HOLD A MONTHLY lottery to raise money the Augusta coffers. Auction off livable abandoned houses. The “winner” has to fix up the property and live in it. After a year, if not done, the house is forfeited and gets lotteried off again. Lots of people can afford “rent” but not the enormous down payment on a mortgage. Why don’t they try it?

WHAT IS THE problem with moving the graduation ceremonies? Do they have to be that weekend? People are acting like it’s chiseled in stone or something.

HOW VERY NICE TO know there are still honest people in the world. I lost my blank grocery check in Kroger while shopping. I used a reserve check I carry, but I went home very worried that someone might use my check if found. How very nice is was to receive a call from a Miss Monique that she and her son found my check and tore it up and trashed it. It certainly renewed my faith in people. Thank you again dear lady.

ALABAMA WILL always be known now as the National Champions. They got a “do over.”

RICHMOND COUNTY drug enforcement. We need you out here in the Rosier Road and Windsor Spring Road area – especially at those apartments and the convenience stores. Those places are full of drugs. You need to concentrate on them.

THE WAFFLE HOUSE has a new menu and everything is more expensive. If you can afford to eat there, you have no business being on welfare.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/21/12 - 12:04 am
David Parker, I just saw War

David Parker, I just saw War Horse, what a movie.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/21/12 - 12:05 am
Hey, seenitB4, hope you got

Hey, seenitB4, hope you got your new stuff working. We can't do without you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/21/12 - 03:09 am
OK AC YOU PRINTED THE

OK AC YOU PRINTED THE RANT

This place (r&r) was on its last legs til some of us revived it....
Btw---how many gripers are paying customers???

Soo if you need me---I'll be with CGee...we won't be picking cotton either...

SEEYA!

Gamecocks5
Gamecocks5 01/21/12 - 08:44 am
where'd everybody go? even

where'd everybody go? even though i don't comment very much, it was always fun to read people go back and forth about issues in the r&r section. come back people!

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 01/21/12 - 09:01 am
dejavue......................

dejavue.....................................

allhans
allhans 01/21/12 - 10:00 am
C'mon posters. Just because

C'mon posters. Just because you aren't allowed all the back & forth, you quit?
Say itm is not so.
So much to do, so many things to talk about.

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 01/21/12 - 11:20 am
S.N.A.F.U. on the R&R thread?

S.N.A.F.U. on the R&R thread? Just when it was becoming somewhat interesting once again?

Probably will have to lay off some moderators if SB4 boycotts.

daphne3520
daphne3520 01/21/12 - 11:34 am
Hurrah!

Hurrah!

raul
raul 01/21/12 - 11:45 am
To the AC Editors. Censorship

To the AC Editors. Censorship is a powerful sword and should be wielded wisely.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/21/12 - 11:53 am
Good Morning Seenit, TNT,

Good Morning Seenit, TNT, allhans, Gamecocks!
Seenit, remember that Sean Moore doesn't have anything to do with what is printed in the Rants and Raves column. It is completely separate from the online comments. So somebody's pompoms can go back into the moth closet.

If the online edition had to depend on certain posters who have nothing relevant, fun or interesting to say, and who make the same negative, redundant remarks every day, they would lose every online subscriber and advertiser that they have. Just so all are aware, we haven't been asked to change anything about our online posting practices on R & R.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/21/12 - 11:58 am
Good Mornng River, harly 52,

Good Mornng River, harly 52, Chillan, Asitis, Patty-P, RK, Trouble, Tots, ICL, It'sanotherday, David Parker, & Raul!

And Carleton Duvall! Sargebaby,too.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/21/12 - 12:10 pm
Morning all, from the sunny

Morning all, from the sunny panhandle of Florida!

harley_52
harley_52 01/21/12 - 12:10 pm
Good morning, Willow Bailey.

Good morning, Willow Bailey. You liked "War Horse," I see. Good, I was planning to go see it next week.

harley_52
harley_52 01/21/12 - 12:12 pm
Raul, what was the

Raul, what was the "censorship?"

harley_52
harley_52 01/21/12 - 12:13 pm
Good morning, itsanotherday1.

Good morning, itsanotherday1.

etlinks
20922
etlinks 01/21/12 - 12:15 pm
Come on guys and girls don't

Come on guys and girls don't remove yourself to the sweet ole boys that complain, fight the good fight. I will miss out on some very good info if you choose not to post on this site again. Hope you have a change of heart.

harley_52
harley_52 01/21/12 - 12:16 pm
Willow, I enjoyed translating

Willow, I enjoyed translating your Spanish language post last evening.

Last time I wrote just one tiny word in another language my post was pulled and I was threatened with banishment. I think it was mainly your fault.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/21/12 - 12:17 pm
harley, it's a beautiful

harley, it's a beautiful film, one of the best that's been done in awhile, imo.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/21/12 - 12:18 pm
Itsantherday1, have a great

Itsantherday1, have a great weekend!

justthefacts
22004
justthefacts 01/21/12 - 12:18 pm
A woman stopped by,

A woman stopped by, unannounced, at her son's house. She knocked on the door then immediately walked in. She was shocked to see her daughter-in-law lying onthe couch, totally naked. Soft music was playing, and the aroma of perfume filled the room.
"What are you doing?!" she asked."I'm waiting for Mike to come home from work," the daughter-in- law answered.
"But you're naked!" the mother-in-law exclaimed.
"This is my love dress," the daughter-in-law explained.
"Love dress? But you're naked!"
"Mike loves me and wants me to wear this dress," she explained." It excites him to no end. Every time he sees me in this dress, he instantly becomes romantic and ravages me for hours on end. He can't get enough of me"The mother-in-law left.
When she got home, she undressed, showered, put on her best perfume, dimmed the lights, put on a romantic CD, and lay on the couch, waiting for her husbandto arrive.
Finally, her husband came home. He walked in and saw her lying there so provocatively. "What are you doing?" he asked."This is my love dress," she whispered sensually."Needs ironing," he said. "What's for dinner?
He never heard the gunshot.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/21/12 - 12:22 pm
harley, OMG, I didn't know!!

harley, OMG, I didn't know!! That's funny. I wonder if River saw it. I was just messing with him. You should hear what I was going to say! Glad I changed my mind:) Next time, I'll email him and be sure to send you a bcc!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/21/12 - 12:26 pm
JTF!!! That was a great joke!

JTF!!! That was a great joke! Can't wait to tell it to my ladies group.

harley_52
harley_52 01/21/12 - 12:35 pm
Willow, just don't ever say

Willow, just don't ever say "atfay."

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/21/12 - 12:46 pm
I remember, harley:)

I remember, harley:)

raul
raul 01/21/12 - 01:21 pm
@harley52. Email sent to your

@harley52. Email sent to your contact address.

harley_52
harley_52 01/21/12 - 01:22 pm
Thanks, raul.

Thanks, raul.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/21/12 - 01:47 pm
Y'all be careful when

Y'all be careful when discussing local businesses. Apparently we can't call them by name. Just FYI. I assume we can mention "the buffet restaurant on BJE that is closing". I will let you know.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/21/12 - 01:48 pm
Hi Willow........... awwww

Hi Willow........... awwww crap, I just used this to say "HI" to a friend. Bad me, no hot dog tonight.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/21/12 - 02:15 pm
Hi RK, go ahead and have

Hi RK, go ahead and have your hotdog. Honk, honk!

Cdr4500
Cdr4500 01/21/12 - 03:44 pm
I have a rant that has

I have a rant that has nothing to do with the rants above. I just want to say that I read rants similar to this just about every other day in The Chronicle:

"I am really tired of the woman in line in front of me who has a designer handbag worth more than my car and salon fake nails paying with food stamps. You spend more money in a week on manicures than I spend on groceries but you can't afford to feed yourself? People have learned that they shouldn't have to pay for food, the governemnt will do it for you. Why is a sap like me paying my own food bill? I could sure use the extra money every month. Apparently I am one of the few people left in this country with an outdated notion of integrity. My income falls below the poverty level and I would qualify for food stamps and housing and utility assistance, but I still have no problem paying my mortgage or my bills, I just don't have money for expensive luxuries. If you own a 60 inch flat screen, YOU DONT NEED FOOD STAMPS!"

It really gets to angry when I hear you all make this argument or agree with it.

Why?

Well how do you know they got that 60" tv while collecting food stamps and not while they were making a decent living and could afford those luxuries? How do you know the lady got her nails done someplace? Could she possible be resourceful and have done it herself? There are many DIY kits out there that cost very little and with practice, turn out looking just about as good. Or maybe, she has a good friend that does nails for a living and trades manicures for watching her friends child sometimes? Are you really so worried about what someone's purse costs? How do you know it's a real designer purse and not a knock off? How do you know that it isn't a five year old design that a friend gave her, or one she got years ago when times were good and is saving money by NOT buying something new? How do you know it wasn't a gift from a well to do friend or family member? Passing judgment based on a few things that you see while in a checkout line is ridiculous. Ever wonder what people are judging you for without even knowing you?