Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THANK YOU TO the person who found and turned in my lost wallet and cellphone to the post office, and to Ms. Harris at the post office for contacting me. I still can’t believe it! God bless you!

THE BCS SYSTEM is what it is. Oklahoma State lost to lowly ranked 31-point underdog Iowa State. Dogs embarrassed second half to LSU. We know the rest of the story. Get over it. Roll Tide

RANT FOR THE people complaining about Magnolia Trace. It’s ridiculous. It sounds like it is going to be a pretty nice area with very expensive homes. Those of us in Richmond County have much less desirable developments everywhere you look. Don’t be so snobbish.

NORTH KOREA’S “Great Leader” has nothing on America. In President Barack Obama we have a “Great Complainer,” a “Great Blamer,” a “Great Campaigner,” a “Great Teleprompter Reader” and unfortunately, a “Great Deceiver.”

COMBINING GHSU and ASU, what will the NAME be? Another $3 million down the drain.

WHY DO TV COMMERCIALS GET so loud during the news? Do they assume everyone is deaf? Do they honestly believe I will buy their products because of the excessive loudness of the commercial?

I NOTICED THAT the combined GHSU-ASU university still does not have a name? Well you won’t have long to wait to see the university named “The Azziz National University.” You just wait!

RANTS TO THE Columbia County Commission about the Magnolia Trace development. When politicians cease to do what is best for their constituents, they need to go. These commissioners did this behind closed doors without an open vote. It is appalling.

IF THE IRS ALLOWS about 50 cents per mile, no one working for the city needs a $7,000 car allowance unless they are driving to Las Vegas.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW if it takes an act of God to get a cable channel lineup. I talked to six people who said they would send me one in the mail right away, but it has been four months.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 11:44 am
Good Morning Tots. I'm

Good Morning Tots. I'm delighted to meet you.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/20/12 - 11:54 am
Had to be

Had to be done.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqCxipLU79o

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 12:02 pm
Tots
Tots 01/20/12 - 12:03 pm
It's nice to meet you too

It's nice to meet you too Willow...

Hi Allhans, i like tear-jerking ,crying in your beer songs..But i really like most any song by Adele,look up her "Set Fire to the Rain" very good words and music..

BamaMan
BamaMan 01/20/12 - 12:04 pm
"justthefacts" no, we're not

"justthefacts" no, we're not "allowed" a certain amount of space. MY POINT is, post after post after post when that person could say it all in one space, so the rest of us don't have to scroll forever, and NO this is NOT a party place. Seems as though THOSE are the ones that have nothing else to do. As another posted, get on Facebook or email and party away; not here please.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 12:20 pm
I find it rather interesting

I find it rather interesting that someone would post on here that those who post on here have nothing else to do. (shhh, don't tell them, they are here, too...)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/20/12 - 12:23 pm
Thanks seenit, one of my

Thanks seenit, one of my favorites by one of my favorites

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 12:26 pm
RK, WHAT, thanks seenit?

RK, WHAT, thanks seenit? You've got your women mixed up again!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/20/12 - 12:33 pm
I drove all night and I'm

I drove all night and I'm tired..... sorry. But all of you know I love all of ya.

fftaz71
fftaz71 01/20/12 - 12:37 pm
I find the comments on here

I find the comments on here fairly entertaining...RK, willow, Seenit, Riverman, CG and the regs keep em coming. Its not that hard to scroll down and read what wants to be read. The Ignore User button would eliminate all that anyway if the people who find it offensive would just learn how to use it! Kind of ironic...by complaining the person who did it gave everyone a chance to comment AND be on topic...haha. Kinda defeated their own cause when you think about it....:-)

daphne3520
daphne3520 01/20/12 - 12:37 pm
"RANT FOR THE people with no

"RANT FOR THE people with no life who use the rant/rave section as their personal chat room. Express an opinion, either pro or con, but stop leaving messages, attaching YouTube videos and telling stupid jokes."
WELL SAID!!!!!

And, "last time I checked," this is for comments sakient to ants and Raves, NOTHING elsw.

Go yo Google, there are ALOT of FREE Bulletin Boards. So, "soyeehaw."

Tots
Tots 01/20/12 - 12:37 pm
Oh-my goodness

Oh-my goodness Willow@11:26-you nearly made me choke on my coffee,i'm LMFBO...

kmb413
kmb413 01/20/12 - 12:38 pm
I can't get to the You Tube

I can't get to the You Tube videos at work. People need to learn how to use their scroll bar, scroll past comments you don't care to read. If you seriously don't want to see them, use the ignore user button. Gonna end up with no comments!

Reading the comments passes time for when I am bored at work. I like the jokes.

reba530
reba530 01/20/12 - 01:06 pm
THIS COMMENT IS FOR THE

THIS COMMENT IS FOR THE PEOPLE BACKING UP MAGNOLIA TRACE. LETS PUT THIS LOW INCOME HOUSING DEVELOPMENT IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD AND SEE HOW WELL YOU LIKE IT. AND THE COMMENT WAS MADE ABOUT COLUMBIA COUNTY SNOBS. THATS RIGHT WE ARE AND IF YOU LIVED IN CC YOU CAN BE ONE TOO

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 01:14 pm
Etta James has passed away.

Etta James has passed away. I loved her music..this is her best.
I hope she is singing away in heaven...At Last.

animate
animate 01/20/12 - 01:48 pm
the truth hurts...speak it

the truth hurts...speak it elsewhere...

kmb413
kmb413 01/20/12 - 02:23 pm
You too can be a snob in CC,

You too can be a snob in CC, just not in low income housing.

HA HA. I live in CC, guess I am a snob.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 03:25 pm
How did I miss "Ants in

How did I miss "Ants in Raves"; great words like "sakient", "soyeehaw" and not know to "Go Yo Google"?

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 03:20 pm
Anyway, I've got another

Anyway, I've got another great book recommendation.

"One Of Us Must Be Crazy ...And I'm Pretty Sure It's YOU!"
by Tim & Joy Downs.

David Parker
David Parker 01/20/12 - 04:07 pm
Fiesty Friday hey Willow. I

Fiesty Friday

hey Willow. I didn't mean to stray off topic by that.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 04:27 pm
Hey David, "I didn't mean

Hey David, "I didn't mean to stray off topic by that." By what???

Yes, it's Fiesty Friday. Going to see War Horse tonight.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/20/12 - 04:32 pm
Willow... I KNOW it's me. And

Willow... I KNOW it's me. And good news, I just found out that if you don't grow up by 50, you don't have to. :)

David Parker
David Parker 01/20/12 - 04:42 pm
saying "hey" could be

saying "hey" could be construed as chatter, which is frowned upon by the comment meanies.

War Horse looks epic. Been waiting myself to catch it.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 04:57 pm
David, ohhh, well, don't stop

David, ohhh, well, don't stop saying hey. It would be a boring place without it. I also wouldn't want to be someone no one wanted to say hey to.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 04:58 pm
Rk, haha. That sounds like

Rk, haha. That sounds like lots of fun. Read the book anyway, you do want to know how to manage "Trouble" don't you?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/20/12 - 05:03 pm
Trouble is unmanageable. But

Trouble is unmanageable. But I loves her anyway... and she lets me keep my other girlfriends.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/12 - 05:03 pm
KISS MY GRITS & PUT ME ON

KISS MY GRITS & PUT ME ON IGNORE!!!

Hi friends & everyone else....I'm trying to get new puter going...talktoya later...

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/20/12 - 05:07 pm
Willow, I’ll agree with about

Willow, I’ll agree with about anything you say just because you are a beauty….okay, maybe you make some good points too. But if it’s close, I’m going with Willow just because of the way she looks. Riverman never gets any kind of help with those who have met him.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/20/12 - 05:10 pm
Chilli Dogs fer supper YUM

Chilli Dogs fer supper YUM YUM!!!
I know that's not on topic but they sho nuff tastes like real goodly!

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 05:11 pm
Finally, seenit! River, thank

Finally, seenit!

River, thank you, you are a favorite of mine too! And I have met you.

Faces of Survival: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...