Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THANK YOU TO the person who found and turned in my lost wallet and cellphone to the post office, and to Ms. Harris at the post office for contacting me. I still can’t believe it! God bless you!

THE BCS SYSTEM is what it is. Oklahoma State lost to lowly ranked 31-point underdog Iowa State. Dogs embarrassed second half to LSU. We know the rest of the story. Get over it. Roll Tide

RANT FOR THE people complaining about Magnolia Trace. It’s ridiculous. It sounds like it is going to be a pretty nice area with very expensive homes. Those of us in Richmond County have much less desirable developments everywhere you look. Don’t be so snobbish.

NORTH KOREA’S “Great Leader” has nothing on America. In President Barack Obama we have a “Great Complainer,” a “Great Blamer,” a “Great Campaigner,” a “Great Teleprompter Reader” and unfortunately, a “Great Deceiver.”

RANT FOR THE people with no life who use the rant/rave section as their personal chat room. Express an opinion, either pro or con, but stop leaving messages, attaching YouTube videos and telling stupid jokes.

COMBINING GHSU and ASU, what will the NAME be? Another $3 million down the drain.

WHY DO TV COMMERCIALS GET so loud during the news? Do they assume everyone is deaf? Do they honestly believe I will buy their products because of the excessive loudness of the commercial?

I NOTICED THAT the combined GHSU-ASU university still does not have a name? Well you won’t have long to wait to see the university named “The Azziz National University.” You just wait!

RANTS TO THE Columbia County Commission about the Magnolia Trace development. When politicians cease to do what is best for their constituents, they need to go. These commissioners did this behind closed doors without an open vote. It is appalling.

IF THE IRS ALLOWS about 50 cents per mile, no one working for the city needs a $7,000 car allowance unless they are driving to Las Vegas.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW if it takes an act of God to get a cable channel lineup. I talked to six people who said they would send me one in the mail right away, but it has been four months.

allhans
allhans 01/20/12 - 05:32 am
Home owners are not snobs

Home owners are not snobs when they complain "there goes the neighborhood". You only need go through it once to understand.

Techfan
Techfan 01/20/12 - 06:13 am
"Win one for the Gippet."

"Win one for the Gippet."

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/12 - 06:14 am
Oh boy ...does this ring a

Oh boy ...does this ring a bell with anyone...:):)

We are expressing an opinion when we post---you just don't care for our opinion.......& believe me ...when AC doesn't like it..they let us know...last time I checked AC is the only authority here...soyeehaw!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/12 - 06:17 am
Yes Magnolia Trace will have

Yes Magnolia Trace will have some nice homes & if the owners were paying for them 100% paying for them there wouldn't be a story on here.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/20/12 - 06:19 am
SeenIt, ain't that the truth.

SeenIt, ain't that the truth. Hey all my fellow, Get-a-lifers. I'm out of here today.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/12 - 06:21 am
Question.....Why do we have

Question.....Why do we have soo many unhappy people in the world??
I've read that the richest are not the happiest....what does it take to make a person happy?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/12 - 06:39 am
systemtble.....Hi RM....I'm

systemtble.....Hi RM....I'm going to check computers today---this thing is driving me crazy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/12 - 06:41 am
Some might be happy to know

Some might be happy to know that I have very little time for posting today..that thing called life gets in my way.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/12 - 06:43 am
What makes me

What makes me happy...

Healthy family
Funny jokes
Great friends
Comfortable life
Good books
Friends on here
Beautiful mind.....

Tots
Tots 01/20/12 - 06:50 am
Good Morning to all of

Good Morning to all of you...

Now it's off to work i go,because i do have a life,and bills ...

BamaMan
BamaMan 01/20/12 - 07:40 am
I agree about the posting

I agree about the posting here. I think this was envisioned to be a place for comments on the happenings of the day, not a chat room, nor a place to monopolize space.

Trouble
Trouble 01/20/12 - 07:50 am
morning all, sb4, that 5th

morning all, sb4, that 5th rant seemed a bit prersonal didnt it? lol

if you dont like it just ignore it, there is even a little button you can click that lets you ignore it and not even see it.......it aint that hard....

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/20/12 - 07:59 am
To the person who doesn't

Mornin' Everybody! Even to the one who complain's about us!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/20/12 - 08:03 am
Shrimp for breakfast makes me

Shrimp for breakfast makes me happy!
This morning it's buscuits and eggs and ummm....ummm..Instant Grits!
Yea I know but it's quick and they have different flavors and they're really not that bad!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/20/12 - 08:05 am
Now I shall go have breakfast

Now I shall go have breakfast and get ready for my 8:30am Dentist appointment. I seem to have a life too!

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/20/12 - 08:31 am
"Instant Grits"...shame!!

"Instant Grits"...shame!!

bigclaude
bigclaude 01/20/12 - 09:19 am
I agree about the posting

=============================================
Well said Bama man. I share your opinion on this. These folks that want to use this space for all of their personal stuff should just become Facebook friends and leave it at that. That kind of thing is what FB was intended for, so wouldn't that be a better place for this activity?

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/20/12 - 09:59 am
"nor a place to monopolize

"nor a place to monopolize space." I didn't realize there was a limitation of space in here to monopolize. I'm not one of the "offenders", but I don't see how it hurts anyone. Anyway, those who want to discuss issues, take off, looking forward to seeing your contributions.

David Parker
David Parker 01/20/12 - 09:59 am
Lo and Behold, I give you "

Lo and Behold, I give you " Ignore user". Use it wisely my children and remember, refrained free-speech is an oxyclean, moron, i meant moron. rip Billy

JRC2024
JRC2024 01/20/12 - 10:06 am
I like to read all the stuff.

I like to read all the stuff. Kind of addictive in a good way.

Dudeness
Dudeness 01/20/12 - 10:46 am
I agree with the R&R rant to

I agree with the R&R rant to the point where posted comments have no relevance to anything in the R&R of the day or add any further R&R that can be commented on. Many times it just becomes an Off-Topic message board.

happychimer
happychimer 01/20/12 - 10:55 am
To the 4th ranter, then go to

To the 4th ranter, then go to North Korea and live. Our President was voted in office by the people. The same will happen November 2012. Whoever wins the election will be our President. That's the way it works, whether you like it or not. Whoever wins the next election I will support him, because he will be our President.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/20/12 - 11:06 am
What does it take to make me

What does it take to make me happy... well, if I told you here Sean would ban me forever. With good cause this time!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/20/12 - 11:07 am
Good morning T, SB4, WB, KSL,

Good morning T, SB4, WB, KSL, Madame. Y'all have a cup on me and hang around a while l_P

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 01/20/12 - 11:14 am
Ranter 5 - Please be aware of

Ranter 5 - Please be aware of AC's TOS policy that includes:

"USE OF AUGUSTACHRONICLE.COM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE."

The "Whine Line" is printed by the Metro Sprit......

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 11:19 am
Good Morning Seenit!! Yes, we

Good Morning Seenit!!
Yes, we should comment on the rants and raves here. That is the purpose.

Let's see

Ranter 3, Re: Magnolia Trace. In our area, these are not considered very expensive homes. Any entire area with a great numer of single family homes as rentals or home purchases with financial subsidy will be a future ghetto.

Ranter 5, here's my very loving suggestion to you: Do yourself a favor and don't hang out in places you don't find likeable, challenging, comforting or interesting. Life is too short, go find some happiness.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 11:23 am
Good Morning RK & SFB,

Good Morning RK & SFB, happychimer
I hope you have a great day.

Anyone seen River this a.m.?

What a beautiful day!!

Seenit, we need a song or two today! We've got some grumpy ones.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/20/12 - 11:26 am
Oops, I almost forgot... Good

Oops, I almost forgot...

Good Morning David Parker! TNTThomson, JTF, & JRC!! Tech, & Allhans!
Did I leave anyone out?

Tots
Tots 01/20/12 - 11:30 am
Shrimp @6:59 said-To the

Shrimp @6:59 said-To the person who doesn't like our little party here in the R ands R's every morning. Sounds like you need to get a life or lighten up or better yet join us. You might like it.

Mornin' Everybody! Even to the one who complain's about us!

I agree,and i like the stupid jokes.. LOL!!

allhans
allhans 01/20/12 - 11:35 am
And even the "tear-jerker,

And even the "tear-jerker, crying in your beer" songs.