Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THANKS TO THE CONGRESSMAN who can’t even spell “Brown,” next November I will be casting my first non-Republican vote in 93 years.

ANOTHER POINT OF
illogic: not providing officers with Tasers. Why are higher-ups willing to flap their jaws with praise of a deceased officer but so unwilling to provide the most minimal of equipment to preserve their lives?

HELLO? IF THERE are going to be parade closings of roads on bus routes, can someone from the city please get word to Mobility/Augusta Public Transit so they can plan the alternate routes for the sake of drivers and bus riders?

TO THE READER commenting on transit of students hopefully to downtown: Many students already have that option. ASU, Paine and Augusta Tech students already pay a transportation fee that covers them riding the public transit buses wherever they want. MCG has their own private shuttle among the various areas of their campus.

SOME PEOPLE TREAT waiting rooms and restaurants like it’s their own private living room –
staying all day long and leaving a mess for someone to clean up. Please don’t even throw a TV into the mix!

ONE MAN GETS 10 years in prison for “enticing a minor,” but Scott Richardson’s suspected killer was known to be violent and was out on the street.

WHY WILL THE CHRONICLE not print my comments on the weather? The government, primarily the military, is messing with the weather. Floods and droughts, maximum snowfall, no hurricanes in the U.S. since Katrina (which was an experiment gone wrong,) cloud seeding, machines controlling the jet stream. Some are calling it global warming, but that won’t fit. Ask them about that place in Alaska, shuttered from the world with a high fence and guards with big guns. Can someone please find out? Other than Jesse Ventura.

DOES IT REALLY take this long to investigate the Warren/Hancock football fiasco? How is the coach? I hope he is well and is able to still do his job and not be disabled. He had a horrible injury. Could you please do a story about him when the investigation is over?

IF THE CHRONICLE is going to continue to increase the cost of the paper, you need to add some other sections to the newspaper.

allhans
allhans 01/18/12 - 11:19 pm
Rant#1. So who is the

Rant#1. So who is the alternative?

Rant #7..There likely is no such place in Alaska. Jesse Ventura suspects a conspiracy if the person sitting next to him sneezes.

I have a friend, an older man, who doesn't sleep well and listens to 3 AM radio programs. The things those people say are enough to make one laugh...

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 06:05 am
*Shave and a Haircut* * An

*Shave and a Haircut*
An old man walks into the barbershop for a shave and a haircut, but he
tells the barber he can't get all his whiskers off because his cheeks are
wrinkled from age.*
*The barber gets a little wooden ball from a cup on the shelf and tells
him to put it inside his cheek to spread out the skin.*
*When he's finished, the old man tells the barber that was the cleanest
shave he's had in years.*
*But he wanted to know what would have happened if he had swallowed that
little ball.*
*The barber replied, "Just bring it back in a couple of days like everyone
else does".*

Hehheh...think about it!!

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 06:11 am
Well let me see...in the

Well let me see...in the news..

Gingrichs ex-wife will have a bombshell to unload on him---sez he isn't right for the WHouse....that will teach him to run around on her..heh
Romney has multi millions in the Cayman Islands accounts.....hey..this is just the Reps. bashing each other...betcha can't wait til they bash each other.....
can politics get dirty or what...

We probably "ain't seen nuthin yet"...

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 06:19 am
I'm beginning to hate this

I'm beginning to hate this computer...it actually has a mind of its own....I want country music--it changes to todays r&r....& when I try to play MY music it drops the sound off ....either I'm losing it or someone has entered my system & is living there making decisions that are opposite to what I want.....I hope I don't have to vote on this thing because I can just imagine what this theeeng would vote for.....
I am drinking regular coffee...thankya verymuch!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/12 - 08:20 am
SeenIt, lol...funny post.

SeenIt, lol...funny post. Good morning.

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 08:32 am
Yeh River...They should pay

Yeh River...They should pay us for this fun...esp.some of your posts yesterday......heh...
I will probably look for a puter this week...maybe at Sams....betcha I won't find one made here....btw RKill...I did find a dryer that was made in Michigan(or so it sez) at Lowes....
Amazing isn't it.....we invent so much here but NOTHING remains here....I'm so tired of the excuses for that too.....somesay that we need to concentrate on college type jobs....well guess what..everybody won't fit that mold....some are factory workers & need factory work.....so they need to stop with the B***** & get some darn good paying jobs going again in the USA..

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 08:48 am
This is for Cgee---I know ya

This is for Cgee---I know ya still reading us--can't fool me...

Won't you come home, Bill Bailey, won't you come on home
I've moaned that whole day long
I'll do all the cookin' honey, I'll even pay the rent
I know, that I have done you, oh so, wrong

You remember that rainy evenin'
I throwed you out, with nothin but a fine tooth comb
I know I'm to blame, now... ain't it a shame
So baby, won't you please come

I said now, won't you please come

Bill Bailey, won't you please.... come on home

I would put the song youtube on here BUT this dang thing won't let me play my music....I know ya'll think I'm joking BUT honest...it won't!

seeya....later

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/12 - 08:59 am
I bought a computer at Sams a

I bought a computer at Sams a few months ago. Don't ask me anything about it because I don't know. It was the next to the most expensive one is the reason I got it. Heh. One thing, though, I love the big monitors. You can put everything on 150% magnification and it fills the screen perfectly. It makes things so much easier.

Trouble
Trouble 01/19/12 - 09:26 am
morning all, i love it when

morning all, i love it when the conspiracy people get a rant in, always makes for a good laugh.........if we can indeed control the weather like that, why did we send troops to the mid east? we could have just taken them out with a few well placed tornadoes and hurricanes......

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/19/12 - 09:37 am
Hoooooooowwwwwwwdddeeeeee!!!!

Hoooooooowwwwwwwdddeeeeee!!!!
good joke seenit!!!
Has anyone noticed Newt's wife's hair? I mean not one hair out of place.
Kind of looks like a manequen. (Or however you spell it.)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/12 - 09:41 am
Whatever Newt's wife is using

Whatever Newt's wife is using on her hair, we should give it to soldiers. They wouldn't need to wear helmets with that stuff.

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 09:48 am
Whenever a woman's hair looks

Whenever a woman's hair looks like that.....it means one thing..
She's sleeping in a single bed..

I just don't like her looks...if I voted for the wife/hair it would be Perrys or Romneys..

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/12 - 09:49 am
SeenIt, I remember you said

SeenIt, I remember you said you got your hair done before our last group luncheon. What does that mean?

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 09:52 am
Done-Fixed--...don't ya know

Done-Fixed--...don't ya know nuthin....are you from the South fo sho??

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/12 - 09:55 am
Why does all this remind me

Why does all this remind me of Rosalynn Carter who used to FIX hair in the trailer business she ran before meeting Jimmy?

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 09:57 am
Because Carters wife was

Because Carters wife was probably always sexy toya...just admit it..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/12 - 09:59 am
I never lust after a

I never lust after a Democrat...well maybe a few.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/12 - 10:01 am
If I had been at the bar

If I had been at the bar where Nikki Haley used to attend meetings it would have been a good thing she was a Republican.

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 10:04 am
Trouble as soon as I can take

Trouble as soon as I can take the hex off of shrimp & RM I will work on the weather....shrimp knows he has a hex but River doesn't know.....so I'm hoping he won't notice when I remove it...lol

Trouble
Trouble 01/19/12 - 10:10 am
sb4, it sounds like it might

sb4, it sounds like it might just be a little while before you get around to it.......lol

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 10:13 am
Trouble...you know me too

Trouble...you know me too well.......so glad you are coming back around..missya.

Trouble
Trouble 01/19/12 - 10:15 am
sb4, i will try to be

sb4, i will try to be patient, but you also know me, it is not a virtue that i have much of.........lol

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 10:21 am
Some headlines in

Some headlines in AJC..

Ex-sheriff of Clayton county indicted on 37 counts..

Teacher resigns after outcry on slave lesson...(shouldn't have imo)

Economic surge--factory output goes up...

Good help hard to find restaurants report--(going to mailbox & picking up check is easier I guess..

Obama cites timeline in rejecting pipeline...heh

WE SPENT MILLIONS ON BRACELETS HONORING 9-11....where doyou think they were made...heheh....not here---we are hopeless in DC...

David Parker
David Parker 01/19/12 - 10:30 am
Give the cops phasers but

Give the cops phasers but tell them to put them on stun. Hope the coach is okay as well and get the skinny on what happened under the Friday nite lights.

Re: public transit being used for shuttling students.

The school should be providing shuttle service that is exclusive to students. Their routes limited to school related destinations. Students pay good money and shouldn't be pushed off into public transit to get from destination to destination. It also taxes the public transit system to run those routes. Students need to get from point a to b 3-4 times a day just for classes, not to mention other locations they would typically visit daily (cafeteria, library, etc). It's far more logical to seperate public bussing and university shuttles.

and a good morning too. :)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/19/12 - 10:31 am
"Riverman1Thursday, Jan. 19

"Riverman1Thursday, Jan. 19 8:59 AMnew
Report Ignore user
I never lust after a Democrat...well maybe a few."

Well duh! Janet Reno, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, The NOW gang, Donna Shalala, et. al. YUCK!!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/12 - 10:33 am
Isanother, I tend to agree

Isanother, I tend to agree with you..haha, but there are some of those Hollywood types who are Dems.

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 01/19/12 - 10:38 am
Today is Robert E. Lee's

Today is Robert E. Lee's birthday. I remember that because the 19th is also a friend of mines bd - so Happy Birthday to both Robert E.s.

Perry is gone. Guess the Yellow Rose of Texas is not up to it.
Newt! Newt! Newt!.

Nobama 2012.

seenitB4 01/19/12 - 10:57 am
anotherday...All this time I

anotherday...All this time I thought Janet Reno was your type....heheh...
:)---(forgive me)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/19/12 - 11:01 am
My coffee just turned bitter!

My coffee just turned bitter! :)

allhans
allhans 01/19/12 - 11:06 am
I don't think it is her REAL

I don't think it is her REAL hair. If the hair never changes it is usually fake, or as the liberals like to say,"faux".