Rants & Raves

IT WOULD BE A LOSE-LOSE deal in many ways to merge GHSU with Augusta State.

HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND those weak minds under the “Gold Dome.” We want employees laying out of work so as not to accumulate any unused sick leave because we can’t afford to pay. We consolidate tech schools and colleges, but we continue to build and open more. I certainly feel better now, between Waynesboro, Augusta, Grovetown and Thomson I’m never more than 15 minutes away if I feel the need to stop and attend any classes. With this kind of reasoning I’m really scared of what these places might be teaching.

A RANT FOR ALL the people wearing pajamas to public places like Walmart. I just left there and one young man was wearing pajamas down at his knees.

TO THE PERSON(S) that found my purse in the North Augusta Walmart parking lot, could you please put the purse in a post office brown bag and mail me the contents (using my driver’s license address) and put a big POSTAGE DUE on it since I know you have already spent my cash and used one of my credit cards to get almost $50 worth of gas. I will pay the mailman the postage so you won’t have to – the cards that were in there are very hard to replace and some were very sentimental, and the credit cards have already been canceled so they are no further use to you. PLEASE!!!???!! Thanks.

EACH TIME I HEAR of Obama’s latest “actions” I have less respect for him as president, leader and person.

BIG RANT FOR ASU and GHSU. It has been MCG for a long time and it will always be MCG to me. I do not think the founding fathers of this hospital would want this name change or merger. If they want this to be a research institution, then let it be a research institute. Take care of the patients and stop messing with this. It is a bunch of hullabaloo.

THIS IS A RANT FOR anyone opposing ID card for voting. My wife has lived in Georgia for more than 40 years. She does not have a driver’s license. She has a military ID, but in order to be issued a handicapped permit, she must have a Georgia-issued ID card. Which is more important, voting or parking?

THE GAS COMPANIES gave us a break so we would spend our money on Christmas. Well guess what? The holidays are over and so are low gas prices.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/12 - 05:58 am
Well...Ya didn't beat this am

Well...Ya didn't beat this am did ya Appling Ga???

I'm listening to Wanda Jackson sing "Making Believe"

Loving it!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/12 - 06:05 am
I saw that countyman

I saw that countyman mentioned "certain posters" in one of his posts......could he be specific please....:)
I feel certain posters are more fun sometimes....certain posters are smart....certain posters have "cute"names.....certain posters can see what Augusta is about to do...(land swaps)....certain posters don't live in downtown Augusta or even the county of Richmond....BUT they sho can think clearly....I say thanks to "certain posters"...
btw--they were great last night ...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/12 - 06:18 am
Dang....now they are playing

Dang....now they are playing "Making Believe" by Kitty Wells....wow someone is hung up on that song........
NOW Conway is singing "It's only make believe"...I might have to go back to bed....
These tear jerkers are getting to me...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/12 - 06:25 am
I have to give RM

I have to give RM credit....he keeps the earlybird am posting going plus the pm late posting too....how does he do it....I'm taking B-12 like crazy & I can't....at the same time he is planning his walk at 2am (nakkid) with $$$ plastered all over his body---just to prove a point..
I do believe he could make some $$$ for charity if HE REALLY goes through with it...:)

Tots
Tots 01/17/12 - 06:44 am
Good morning to all of

Good morning to all of you.

What's up seenit? Guess you couldn't get much sleep thinking about a certain poster on here walking (nakkid),LOL!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/12 - 06:55 am
Hi tots.....well that THOUGHT

Hi tots.....well that THOUGHT does go through my mind at times....but to be honest I can imagine "others" running beside him ...all of them with their rear ends glowing in the moonlight...It's kinda fun thinking of over 55 year oles doing fun things....I can imagine some other stuff too BUT thanks to rules & regulations I will just have to keep them to myself!!!!:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/12 - 07:01 am
THINK---big

THINK---big trucks-livestock-guns-roofs-& more to be added...:):)

add seafood to the list...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/12 - 07:00 am
EXCUSE ME...for those not

EXCUSE ME...for those not over 55....ya don't look it either..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/12 - 07:29 am
And Tots.....this could be

And Tots.....this could be the theme song while running in the moonlight..

Ya got me going girl..........imagination is a wonderful thing....:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/12 - 07:39 am

I really loved this movie......I dream about ole George Clooney too.....
such a smooth actor.....nice looking man...& laughs a lot.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/12 - 07:58 am
I've enjoyed as much of this

I've enjoyed as much of this as I can stand
There's so much more between us than this table
All those years all those dreams all those plans
Guess you know without me saying I still love you
But I've enjoyed as much of this as I can stand

Like Porters song....I've enjoyed as much of this as I can stand....have lots to do.....have a great day..:)

Trouble
Trouble 01/17/12 - 08:20 am
morning all......to the 4th

morning all......to the 4th rant, why would you leave your purse in the north augusta wal mart parking lot for someone else to find it? that is not a very secure place for it.....i hope you were not shocked when it turned up missing.

Techfan
Techfan 01/17/12 - 08:26 am
Voting is a Constitutional

Voting is a Constitutional right, parking is not.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/17/12 - 09:05 am
Good mourning

Good mourning Augusta...

Police: Teen stabs stepfather

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/17/12 - 09:10 am
I still want to know what the

I still want to know what the big deal is with showing some type of identification in order to vote. An ID card is not that hard to get. And if you live in GA you have until March 6 to get an ID if you don't have one already.

Trouble
Trouble 01/17/12 - 09:13 am
rk, they aint hard to get,

rk, they aint hard to get, but i wish they would give them out for free.......lol

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/17/12 - 09:22 am
Dang Trouble, now you are

Dang Trouble, now you are joining the entitlement crowd, gimme gimme gimme.

Trouble
Trouble 01/17/12 - 09:27 am
well, im just saying, it

well, im just saying, it would have been nice.........$20 for a 5 year card that all i can do is vote and buy booze on is a bit steep......lmao

David Parker
David Parker 01/17/12 - 09:29 am
Ain't nothing goin' on

Ain't nothing goin' on now
But the rent-ah
A whole lotta bills and my money's spent
Mmm
And that's on my bad foot
.....

yep, morning all!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/17/12 - 09:30 am
You can buy booze with a

You can buy booze with a state issued ID card??? And I have been paying for it all these years. Why don't they publicize this stuff?

Trouble
Trouble 01/17/12 - 09:32 am
shhhhhhhhh, it is a secret,

shhhhhhhhh, it is a secret, if it gets out, they will quit letting me pay with it

JRC2024
JRC2024 01/17/12 - 10:07 am
Roadkill, did I understand

Roadkill, did I understand you right. Are drivers permits not good id's for voteing anymore?

Trouble
Trouble 01/17/12 - 10:09 am
ok people, when i said

ok people, when i said shhhhhhhhhh, i was joking, it is ok to post......lol

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/17/12 - 10:17 am
My understanding is any type

My understanding is any type of state issued identification, so a permit should be good. But I could be wrong.

You know, I thought I was wrong once before but I was mistaken.

allhans
allhans 01/17/12 - 10:55 am
Listened to a woman with the

Listened to a woman with the ACLU on CSpan lambasting SC on the voter ID matter, even mentioned Ga as in their sights. Didn't the courts already make a decision on the GA ID law and it is now settled.
Folks like the ACLU crowd irritate the daylight out of me. They give folks no credit at all for taking care of themselves. Seniors should be insulted to hear that they can't get all the paperwork when most all of them already produce ID to get support of some kind.
Man! All that holier than thou attitude while taking away one's self-esteem. WE are not dummies ACLU!!!
allhans 1/2

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/17/12 - 11:03 am
Allhans, I wonder where it

Allhans, I wonder where it stops with this no voter ID? Will it be the person doesn't even have to identify himself? Not even speak to give his name? Anyone who comes in just votes without verifying anything? Is this bizarre or what?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/17/12 - 11:06 am
About this pajamas in public

About this pajamas in public fad, let's all go for it. If y'all will I will, too. I just won't wear them to bed.

allhans
allhans 01/17/12 - 11:12 am
Why not stop them at the

Why not stop them at the door? No shoes, no shirt, no pj's.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/17/12 - 11:15 am
PJs, fine with me. The

PJs, fine with me. The skimpier the better.

itsanotherday1
41950
itsanotherday1 01/17/12 - 11:16 am
Just like with smoking, the

Just like with smoking, the business owners have a right to set dress codes as they wish.

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.