Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE SCHOOL MERGER will be very bad for Augusta. I don’t trust the politicians to make a good decision on this. They are only concerned with rewarding their cronies. In 20 years, MCG in Augusta will be a satellite of MCG in Athens – or whatever inane name they come up with by that time.

WHO’S GOING TO PAY Stephon Carter’s enormous hospital bill? Will it be Scotty Richardson’s friends and family and the other people of Aiken County he was trying to protect?

CHINESE GOODS ARE substandard even when made in China for an American company.

HELP! THERE HAVE been 10 water main breaks on our street in the past 10 years. Seven were in one man’s yard, one next door, two down the street (one of which was two weeks ago.) Now I have a sinkhole in my yard not near my incoming water or outgoing sewer. The county says it’s my problem. I think it’s another underground water burst. What can I do before my entire yard sinks in the ever-enlarging hole? Talking to the county is no help. They won’t even consider it’s their fault.

SAVANNAH RIVER­KEEPERS, great job. Last year you managed to enlist 500 new volunteers and have a major chemical plant closed, putting hundreds of people out of work in these economic times. But now the creek above the plant you put out of business is turning green and milky again. Maybe you should turn your efforts from closing chemical plants and do what you’re supposed to do: clean up our waterways. It seems like since you have been keeping an eye on the river and creek it’s only gotten worse.

PLEASE CALL THE government department in control of the weather. We need rain or snow. We haven’t had hurricane water since 1991 and no real hurricanes since Katrina. Can we get a hurricane this year? Don’t push them up the coast to New England.

THERE ARE OLD TIRES in the old front yard of an abandoned house in south Richmond County. All spring and aummer I tried to get code enforcement to remove tires because of mosquitoes. Tires are not removed. Can’t imagine why one wants to live in Richmond County.

A HEARTFELT RAVE to Starling Funeral Home. God bless you Darron, Polly and staff for the compassionate care you provided to my son AJ Allen and his family.

countyman
20129
countyman 01/16/12 - 03:33 am
The person is rant 1 really

The person is rant 1 really expects the Athens medical school to gain more than 150 students in 20 years, and the Augusta campus gain none.. I think they need to know GHSU students are choosing the Augusta campus six to one over Athens.. The medical school at the University of South Carolina in Columbia(a much bigger city than little Athens) can't even rank ahead of GHSU in Augusta..

The rant makes no sense similar to building a TEE Center in South Augusta, or thinking Costco would open in the area.. There are no upscale hotels in South Augusta only a few midrange.. The only collection of decent hotels is located at Gordon Hwy/I-520(Holiday Inn, Fairfield Inn, Comfort Inn & Suites, Value Place).. The TEE Center connects to the existing Marriott confrence center and former Cotton warehouse.. The Marriott($160 a night with Augustinos, Starbucks, Quiznos,) is much nicer than Holiday Inn and Fairfield Inn. Gordon Hwy/I-520 can't compare to the 372 rooms at the Marriotts, artist row, museums, riverwalk, bars, restaurants, theatres, augusta common, etc within walking distance of Reynolds street. I'm not even going to waste my time comparing I-520/Peach Orchard rd(best chance for the Target, Ruby Tuesday, Chick Fil A, etc shopping center) vs I-20/Riverwatch Pkwy in terms of demographics.. South Augusta needs to worry about getting Target first, then focus on stores who have one location in the metro..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/16/12 - 04:38 am
Good Morning America & AC

Good Morning America & AC Friends.

"God Bless America"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/16/12 - 04:40 am
Ha, Ha, beat you B4.

Ha, Ha, beat you B4.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/16/12 - 04:56 am
Victoria Antonacci, "Obama

Victoria Antonacci, "Obama Saps Our Freedom"

I Applause you.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/16/12 - 05:04 am
#4, If you trully believe it

#4, If you trully believe it is the county's fault "seeing is believing" Then let it sink away because it will bring the truth to light. I can guarantee you they will fix it along with a little punitive damage issue.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/16/12 - 05:09 am
countyman, "Suspect sought in

countyman, "Suspect sought in Augusta shooting"

Augusta is going for a record this year....be proud.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 01/16/12 - 05:45 am
To the person complaining

To the person complaining about the tires, I don't know if this will work, but I heard it worked for someone else. They complained about seeing snakes and rodents in the yard, living amongst the tires. I guess the homeowner was notified and the tires were removed. Worth a try.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/16/12 - 08:16 am
That's ok CGee...I need a

That's ok CGee...I need a spanking now & then...heheh

Good am

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/16/12 - 08:18 am
I just don't get countymans

I just don't get countymans post on here...which rant is he talking about?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/16/12 - 08:50 am
raul
raul 01/16/12 - 08:53 am
@B4. #1.

@B4. #1.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/16/12 - 09:24 am
pro for·ma adj

pro for·ma adj \(ˌ)prō-ˈfȯr-mə\

Definition of PRO FORMA

: made or carried out in a perfunctory manner or as a formality

Senator Harry Reid, Democrat from Nevada and Senate majority leader said on Meet the Press that Congress was in session pro forma when Emperor Obama made his latest recess appointments. So there ya have it, Congress was in session so the appointment is illegal. This from Prince Harry himself.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/16/12 - 09:29 am
raul.....thanks...but I think

raul.....thanks...but I think he is referring to a post of mine...(ain't ya)
I said that other parts of Augusta needed nice restaurants & hotels....but of course that is NOT where the cabal wants the $$$ to go...funny thing that they THINK they can upgrade Laney-Walker but NOT South Augusta...duh....
If Ilived in South Augusta right now I would be protesting like a crazy woman..you know where...

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/16/12 - 09:30 am
Morning ya'll. Had to read

Morning ya'll. Had to read your comments before I can look at the R&R's.
Seenit, how are you doing this a.m.? Roadkill and CG should have been in our group session last night. We had fun. Where's LL & River this a.m.? We must have worn them out!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/16/12 - 09:32 am
Well we know where he can put

Well we know where he can put his PRO FORMA..

HI RK...

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/16/12 - 09:37 am
Ranter 4, you are in Richmond

Ranter 4, you are in Richmond County, right?
Ranter of the Old Tire Mosquito Farm, countyman says it ain't so....
My suggestion to you is take photos and show up at the next commission meeting...and the next, and the next...get the picture?

Trouble
Trouble 01/16/12 - 09:38 am
hotsaucemom, i highly

hotsaucemom, i highly recommend you talk to john as discount tire on washington road, he is great. i would not even consider taking my car to anyone else.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/16/12 - 09:42 am
Republicans don't get a pass

Republicans don't get a pass either. A guy from a super PAC supporting Newt in reference to Bain. Bain bought troubled companies with the intention of helping them become profitable again. 30 percent of the time these companies were split up and sold.

Can't argue that point, but wouldn't that leave a 70% success rate?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/16/12 - 09:42 am
Hi WB....River is floating

Hi WB....River is floating around somewhere...who knows...I usually can't hang at night.....GOB sez that is his time....you know the theeeengs we do to make our man happy...he gets jealous of the dog sometimes...:)..They never get enough attention....
I guess we aren't having "shrimp for breakfast" this am...

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/16/12 - 09:45 am
hotsauce, what Trouble said

hotsauce, what Trouble said

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/16/12 - 09:51 am
OK LL....Now that you have me

OK LL....Now that you have me under your thumb...you will have to continue with the sweet words...addictions have pain yaknow...

Last night at the IHOP I musta been putting out some"vibes" the goodlooking waiter kept touching my shoulder & even when we were leaving he told me his hours of working & would we please come back...
even GOB picked up on it & (usually doesn't)

Soooo.....yaknow I will have to have breakfast there again-again-again..:)

raul
raul 01/16/12 - 09:57 am
@hotsaucemom. If you feel you

@hotsaucemom. If you feel you have a valid complaint, you should direct your disatisfaction to the Better Business Bureau or a simailar consumer advocate agency. I don't have any personal knowledge or interest in the firm you are disatisfied with, but to disparage their reputation in a public forum is not appropriate.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 01/16/12 - 10:04 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 01/16/12 - 10:05 am
David Parker
David Parker 01/16/12 - 10:14 am
here here now. If that is

here here now. If that is what transpired between the customer and proprietor, I think this is about the MOST appropriate place to air out some frustration. I can't say calling the guy a moron is respectful and it doesn't really accomplish anything but if the story is accurate, this would be a good way to get the attention of a business owner who's business didn't provide a satisfactory level of service for it's customer.

If someone comes on here and attacks a business for unreasonable expectation, that's another can of worms.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/16/12 - 10:15 am
Up on Sugar Hill there's a

Up on Sugar Hill there's a wealth of treasure
Down it's memory lane I go walking still
What it means to me is more than I can measure
Golden moments up on Sugar Hill

Up on Sugar Hill with the fireflies glowin'
Sound of katydids and the whipperwill
Honeysuckle bloomin' and a mountain stream flowin'
A little spot of heaven up on Sugar Hill

Thanks Dolly Parton....

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/16/12 - 10:30 am
Good Morning David Parker,

Good Morning David Parker, and yes, it is a Rants & Raves thread. And Eddie just got a RANT.

Seenit, whose "Pro Forma"?

RK, Good Morning, where are you?

How about some Shrimp For Breakfast?

And where is Sean Moore?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/16/12 - 10:35 am
The Roadent is in Chicago.

The Roadent is in Chicago. Waiting for a 16:30 appointment to get loaded for Alabama. The boss is trying to get them to let us come in early.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/16/12 - 10:40 am
Hey, RK, is it snowing in

Hey, RK, is it snowing in Chicago? My niece just moved there last August. Her first winter. She works for the company that schedules all the truckers with their deliveries to move products across the nation. It's a very interesting process and one that we take for granted. Truckers keep America going!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/16/12 - 10:42 am
Not snowing now. But it has

Not snowing now. But it has been, ground is covered but the streets are fine.

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.