Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man found guilty in drug deal murder

Bennie Lorenzo Bell will spend the rest of his life in prison for killing Henry Mendez Stokes, a judge said Wednesday.

Bell, of Augusta, was found guilty on all charges after a three-day trial during which witnesses testified about a drug deal that ended in gunfire at a house in the 1600 block of Cleveland Street.

Bell was charged with felony and malice murder, aggravated assault, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. Superior Court Judge Sheryl Jolly sentenced him to life in prison without the possibility of parole, a concurrent sentence of 20 years for the aggravated assault and two consecutive five-year sentences for the firearm charges.

raul
raul 01/12/12 - 08:19 pm
Thank you, Judge Jolly!

Thank you, Judge Jolly!

cokoa706
cokoa706 01/13/12 - 09:32 am
Also My son isn't sorry for

Also My son isn't sorry for anything because my son did not kill anyone.... Someone needs to start repenting..... Can't always go by what you hear.... Before you look out the window look in the mirror!!

cokoa706
cokoa706 01/13/12 - 09:17 am
I know one thing This hateful

I know one thing This hateful remark this person just made in reference to MY SON needs to be deleted!!! Like everything else thats deleted.... Hint Hint... Augusta Chronicle I think you need to read your own POLICY! I will be back shortly.... Peace

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/13/12 - 09:36 am
cokoa706, it is

cokoa706, it is understandable that you are going through a very difficult time. Whether you believe your son did not kill Mr. Stokes, according to the article there were several witnesses that testified your son did. Your son's character comes into question just due to the fact that he is a convicted felon, he was in possession of a firearm, and he was at a location where drug dealing was taking place.

myfather15, although what you state in Revelations is God's Words, we must also remember that Christ did not come to this world to condemn but to save, and we must stress first that no matter what our sin is in life, whether big or small, Christ is always faithful to forgive if we ask. Yes, we can judge whether conduct is Christ-like or not, but to judge someone's eternally destiny is best left in God's hand. Prayers would be best for this young man that although his future is incarceration, God will place someone in his path to heal his spiritual heart and use him for God's glory.

cokoa706
cokoa706 01/13/12 - 09:52 am
I appreciate your words of

I appreciate your words of encouragement InChristLove... But please read the transcripts before you trust and believe anything thats wriiten outside the bible...... No witness could say that they ever saw Bennie Bell my son at the scene of the crime..... That is not accurate.... When crossed examined ALL witness from the witnesses to the investigators was asked did they Know WHO shot and killed Henry Stokes EVERY WITNESS said they DID NOT know..... NOTHING LINKING MY SON TO THIS!! NOTHING! TAKE A STAND! DIVIDED WE FALL. I promise you will read about this again!!! This CASE will be overturned.... I can say because people quote the bible, not ALL live by it... InChristLove.... I can say you are an angel... God Bless

cokoa706
cokoa706 01/13/12 - 09:52 am
Thats What Man Said! God Gets

Thats What Man Said! God Gets The Last Word! Before you look out the window, Augusta needs to look in the mirror. "Bennie Lorenzo Bell" is my son. For the charges that he was charged and sentenced to is unjust! Yes, I was in the courtroom throughout the entire trial and "Cherly Jolly" as I call her was not fair and prejudice to the defense. She overturned every objections in my sons defense. My sons case is being appealed. She favored the D.A. I was told she was a prosecuter before becoming a Judge. He was not identified by not one witness as to the death of the victim, as the The Augusta Chronicle Says. What ALL the witness did say was that they never saw Bennie Bell!!!!!! No Evidence AT ALL to link my son to this crime! The Citizens of Richmond Cty put her on the bench and I will go to my grave to prove that she shows prejudice and did not give my son a fair trial. Augusta you will read about this again!! My son will get a FAIR Trial! Stay tuned!!!

cokoa706
cokoa706 01/13/12 - 10:28 am
InChristLove also to comment

InChristLove also to comment on what the article said.... Verbatiam it said that witnesses testified about a drug deal that ended in gunfire......... Period. Yes the witnesses stated that they were there when gunfire broke out... THAT'S ALL.... They only talked about how many gun shots they heard. LOL! But not one witness can link MY SON Bennie Bell to this crime. This article was designed & written to cover up the truth of prejudice and a unjust, unfair system that's in place. To cover the real truth.... People we need to really and truly not believe everything we read outside the bible.......