Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THEY CLAIM THE aim to merge ASU and MCG is to save money, but since when have politicians ever saved money, and what’s Augusta State got to do with improving health? Is this government concentrating more power in one person? Ricardo Azziz? He’s wasting no time.

I WOULD LIKE TO rant about the people who are ignoring school speed zones and who are also ignoring the school buses that are stopped with their lights flashing on Belair Road in the mornings. Slow down and pay attention before you hurt someone’s child. By the way, if you left home a few minutes early you would not have the need to speed or ignore school buses to get to work on time.

IT’S A TERRIBLE thing to combine ASU with GHSU. You know jobs will be lost. My only hope is that instead of eliminating positions, as MCG was known for, that early retirement packages will be offered. There will be enough of us willing to take such packages than suffer through a supposed change to be completed by fall 2013.

AZZIZ WAS HIRED by the Board of Regents to kill MCG in Augusta and pave the way for the eventual move to Athens. We are a majority black, Democratic city in the largely white, Republican state. I think you all know how this turns out.

I FEEL THAT if you have a pet or pets, then they should be inside and protected from the elements and other harmful conditions. If you do have outside pets, please take care of them and especially when the weather is cold, hot or rainy. Think of how you would feel to be left outside.

LOWELL GREENBAUM portrays President Obama as the “ultimate hero” for pulling troops out of Iraq and for fulfilling a promise made in 2008. Keeping a promise is very good, and I commend someone for that. But to me a hero represents someone who shows bravery, courage, character, willingness, consideration, trust, protection and goes beyond the call of duty to help and rescue and many times put their lives on the line for others. Unfortunately, many heroes have lost their lives and the names of Deputy J.D. Paugh, Scotty Richardson and many others come to mind.

copperhead
copperhead 01/12/12 - 04:23 am
Question for hussein

Question for hussein worshippers-how could hussein mandate,through his epa, that businesses use a NON-EXISTANT (this means there is no such thing) biodiesel? What are you gonna do when hussein mandates that you can't operate your car unless you use a fuel that DOES NOT EXIST? I know my car won't run on NON-EXISTANT FUEL. Kinda like putting you in a round room and telling you to sit in the corner. Another of husein's silly epa mandates is to fine states that don't control the sulfur out put of volcanoes located in said state.

copperhead
copperhead 01/12/12 - 04:24 am
Question for hussein

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 08:36 am
Hey....shrimp...I'm waving my

Hey....shrimp...I'm waving my hand over here...:)

RM is on a roll this am....LOL...you are killing me...:)

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 08:38 am
The ranter said.... AZZIZ WAS

The ranter said....

Now...I don't think that the CSRA is majority black....yeh...we know how the story ends...

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/12/12 - 08:44 am
SeenIt, so you think it will

SeenIt, so you think it will be named James Brown University?

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 08:47 am
Beautiful song btw....written

Beautiful song btw....written by Kris Kristofferson--who really wants to know how the story ends...

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 08:49 am
RM...With the power of this

RM...With the power of this PLACE---it very well could be named River University----write in votes would push it over the top...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/12/12 - 08:49 am
SeenIt, I'm going to do some

SeenIt, I'm going to do some crime scene investigating today.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/12/12 - 08:51 am
If it's named River

If it's named River University, I want a bronze statue of me at the entrance to represent the patriotism and community involvement of all the internet commenters. That and a free parking pass if I go down there.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/12/12 - 09:08 am
I do believe Somali pirates

I do believe Somali pirates are trustworthy under some conditions. If you are the Captain of a U.S. Navy vessel and you come upon Somali pirates who have captured an Iranian ship saying they will kill everyone on board if you try to capture them, I believe you should take them at their word and just sink the thing.

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 09:33 am
Now if Perry should ever

Now if Perry should ever become President...you know with his drawl & boots & stuff...he very well could select riverman as his VPresident or at least a member of his cabinet....then we might get rid of some bad guys...once he starts blowing things up---they will get skeeered of what will he do next....like we wonder on here....what will he SAY next!!!!:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/12/12 - 09:38 am
SeenIt, if they saw the

SeenIt, if they saw the emails you send out to your group of friends, me included, you would be the one they are skeered of. Crime scene light exposing the STUFF and all. Haha.

allhans
allhans 01/12/12 - 09:39 am
Kris Kristofferson..My

Kris Kristofferson..My favorite, one of the all time great song writers
"See the way our shadows come together
Softer than your fingers on my skin
Someday these may be all we remember of each other

Please don't tell me how the story ends"
Of course he was a Rhodes scholar.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/12/12 - 09:43 am
SeenIt, in keeping with my

SeenIt, in keeping with my reputation, I've already blown-up the Columbia County News times this morning. I called every politician, school board member and judge in the county at least one name and want them all to be replaced next election or next available opportunity. In the past, I've even gone after coroners and dog catchers. I mean you really have to be observant to find something wrong with coroners and dog catchers.

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 09:46 am
RM...Pleeeze don't get

RM...Pleeeze don't get bounced from here--I don't have time to come to Augusta & protest in front of AC...

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 09:49 am
BTW...You know everyone will

BTW...You know everyone will want to be on the email list now...they need to get on Cgees list....bigger & better!!

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 09:52 am
"See the way our shadows come

"See the way our shadows come together
Softer than your fingers on my skin
Someday these may be all we remember of each other

allhans ...I'm glad others see the sweet words just like I do....
gives me the chills.......:) He was a GREAT songwriter.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/12/12 - 10:07 am
Okay, here's a real rant.

Okay, here's a real rant. I've been listening to local talk radio the past few days with everyone lamenting how much they have to pay for books in college. The radio host and others want to know why the books at colleges can't simply be put online for all the students to use for free. Are you serious?

I spent a couple of years writing a text book with the idea of making money on it and I did. I know my book contributed a lot to my career field as has been evidenced since it's publication.

But I would have never have spent all that time and energy doing it if I had known some college would simply put the thing online for everyone to use for free. Have you people never heard of copyright violations?

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 10:15 am
Evidently not river.... My

Evidently not river....

My smart dog just brought me her dog dish...it is metal so when she drops it in front of me it makes NOISE....dang dogs are smart today...I have to make grits for her.....she is sick of dog food....ooooh the things we do for those we love...seeya later
(try to stay on the boat rm)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/12/12 - 10:22 am
I mean the money that comes

I mean the money that comes from selling books is put to good use. When I got my first check, I took everybody I work with out for dinner at Calverts and to get drunk. We had a great time.

allhans
allhans 01/12/12 - 10:34 am
CNN reporting that the

CNN reporting that the earlier figures on unemployment and retail sales from December have now been revised..not nearly as good as first reported.
Anyone surprised?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/12/12 - 11:00 am
River, I think the point is,

River, I think the point is, there is no way the books cost the amount students are being charged for them. It's just another way of the school making money. Now, there's nothing wrong with making a profit in business, but then the question becomes is government's role that of a business or public service?

As to the merger, change always creates fear. I do think, handled properly, this may prove to be a great idea for Augusta, if it changes the economical and social atmosphere of DT. It also opens the door for growth for GMC or another junior or private college in the area, as well as Augusta Tech.

Both administrations appear to have handled the process in back room meetings and purposely put out false information that is creating so much distrust, particularly for the community, staff and students at ASU. The Dr. Bloodworth move was an outright lie. Most people have a hard time trusting liars.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/12/12 - 11:02 am
Good Morning seenitB4, River,

Good Morning seenitB4, River, allhans and copperhead!!! I don't see Shrimp, but Good Morning, absentia.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/12/12 - 11:06 am
Good morning, Willow. Don't

Good morning, Willow. Don't forget to go over to the name-the-university story and tell Tom Corwin you want to join SeenIt, RM, and LL in voting for

CSRU

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/12/12 - 11:56 am
Good Morning LL, you get the

Good Morning LL, you get the most creative award with SHAMU.

Dudeness
Dudeness 01/12/12 - 12:01 pm
When other people who don't

When other people who don't even know the student are paying at least 3/4 of their tuition as is the case for public institutions, the least the student could do is pay for the books. I rarely listen to local talk radio anymore, but I can't believe this is even an issue.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/12/12 - 01:31 pm
Good morning, Willow, or

Good morning, Willow, or afternoon as it is now. Naps on a day off are priceless. Yeah, LL named it and "river" is in the name so I'm happy.

Dudeness (and Willow again), sure the students should buy the books. I'm not talking about ripping them off with excessive prices, but that concept of putting all online for free is a copyright violation and downright criminal. You are stealing from the author when you do that. I thought the radio guy was smarter than that.

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 01:34 pm
The opening of the

The opening of the Progressive Atlanta Boat Show will be delayed until 2 p.m. because of flooding caused by a 200,000 gallon tank collapse.

Read more: http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/16505350/water-tank-collapses-at-atlanta...

This just struck me as ironic...at a boat show....

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 01:36 pm
Dang....Just read Gov. Deal

Dang....Just read Gov. Deal is looking at taxing online purchases....

What isn't TAXED??? This is maddening to the folks paying the dang taxes.. :(

seenitB4 01/12/12 - 01:43 pm
If they ever find away to tax

If they ever find away to tax posts on this....some of us are cooked!

Taking a short lunch break & the more I read the paper the madder I get...at least GOB is taking me to a good movie.....War Horse.....maybe.