Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IF SOMEBODY MAKES it to death row, he doesn’t need a lawyer since at that point, he’s just playing games. Then, a lawyer is just playing confusing games with the system and is not seeking justice.

A RANTER SAYS Christians “force” Christianity on some Pakistanis. Despite occasional efforts (using Christianity for political reasons) in history, true Christianity is always voluntary, never forced.

GE, THE BIGGEST U.S. corporation, made $14.2 billion in profits and paid zero in taxes and cut 20 percent of its American jobs. So, why do Republicans in Congress refuse to make millionaires and billionaires pay their fair share of taxes?

A BIG RAVE to Mr. Johnson for defending himself, his business and customers against armed robbers.

THIS IS A rant to all the businesses, hospitals and any other company that does not accept hard-copy job applications. I agree to the previous rant about this. Not everybody in the U.S. has a computer and sometimes they “crash.” Paper doesn’t, it will last and last until it is thrown away.

THIS IS A RANT against the personal attack ads against Newt Gingrich. So what if Newt’s a pompous, self-centered, lying, deceiving adulterer who abandoned his wife and kids shortly after he arrived in Washington? That’s his personal business and no concern of ours. So what if his net worth was $15,000 the year he entered Congress and over $30 million the day he left 20 years later? Again, that is his personal business. What does the fact that he led the move to impeach Clinton for committing adultery during the same period he was committing adultery himself have to do with his presidential candidacy? We need Newt to take our country back.

TO THE FALLEN safety officers, in my hometown two officers and the people in neighborhoods got together and set up blue lights for their officers. Maybe the people in Augusta and Aiken could do that next year at Christmastime. What a great thing to do for them and their families. Happy New Year!

RAVE, RAVE AND Rave for “Momma Doc.” What a wonderful lady. Those children have been so blessed to have such a mentor. May we all learn from her unselfish dedication in giving them a better life and reach out to someone in need this coming year.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/09/12 - 02:26 am
‎"I think that the president

‎"I think that the president – and for the good of the country, forget Democrats, Republicans – for the good of the country, I think it's really important for the president to make the race that he is running against a do-nothing Congress," Pelosi told CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley.

There ya have it folks, the former Speaker of the House admitting that Congress which also includes the Democrat controlled Senate is doing nothing. I think we should take her advice and vote the Democrats out of Congress. First sensible thing she has said in years.

Note: Both houses of Congress were majority Democrat for Emperor Obama's first two years.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/09/12 - 07:29 am
Good am--goodam.....Finally I

Good am--goodam.....Finally I got some sleep...thank goodness....you know sometimes you can post crazy things when you need sleep...I will try to release the HEX I put on shrimp yesterday....it usually takes a week to work but in his case it probably is working right now !!!

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 01/09/12 - 07:30 am
Haha Roadkill, so true.

Haha Roadkill, so true.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/09/12 - 07:32 am
I like the rant about

I like the rant about Newt...you would fit in with the posters here...we like strange sense of humors....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/09/12 - 07:36 am
Roadkill...Don't you just

Roadkill...Don't you just love the pics of Pelosi....she looks big eyed & startled ..like she just realized she left the restroom & the toilet paper is trailing behing her..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/09/12 - 07:47 am
I've always wondered why

I've always wondered why humans need sleep.....because the mind never stops.....never...never....
They say a human goes mad without sleep...& that technique is used to torture.....I've even read that some humans can't sleep---noway-nohow---& eventually they die in just a few months...they look like a concentration skeleton.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/09/12 - 08:02 am
Abbynoll
Abbynoll 01/09/12 - 09:26 am
Seenit... I know humans need

Seenit... I know humans need sleep, when I go too long without sleep I get purely evil. Just curious, are we talking about "sleep" like "watching TV"?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/09/12 - 09:31 am
When I go too long without

When I go too long without sleep I get, well, sleepy.
Good mourning Awguster

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/09/12 - 09:37 am
hahah abby.....It's about

hahah abby.....It's about time ya'll showed up....I'm getting ready to exit....this time it is REAL sleep.....for some reason I haven't been able to for 3 nights ---just off/on...off/on....that drives me crazy!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/09/12 - 09:56 am
Sometimes I have great

Sometimes I have great dreams....some I can't put on here..:)

But there is a dream I love to have (thanks to M MitchellGWTW)..remember the scene when Rhett grabs Scarletts head & says he could crush it between his hands & then he grabs her & runs up the staircase??? Well you get my drift...:)
I will give Mitchell credit ....she nailed it! Especially the next morning when Scarlett has that catty grin & then acts like Rhett was a scoundrel for everything....while secretly wishing he would continue with that...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/09/12 - 10:15 am
doggone....all the comments

doggone....all the comments disappeared on the article about man watching tv & then robbed by 3men???

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 01/09/12 - 10:16 am
Even with the technically not

Even with the technically not correct rant about Newt he's still better than the sorry excuse for an American that's currently/temporarily holding down the White House.

The rant about "Republicans" allowing GE not to pay any taxes exposes yet another uninformed Obama voter who gets information from Obama news outlets/web sites and talking papers. Such a shame people like that are allowed to vote.

Nobama 2012.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/09/12 - 11:21 am

Maybe they couldn't sleep either when they wrote this beautiful song....

gotta exercise-----seeya.

justthefacts
19980
justthefacts 01/09/12 - 11:25 am
Newt's doesn't figure to be

Newt's doesn't figure to be the GOP nominee, but it certainly would be worth the price of admission to watch him debate President Obama.

daphne3520
daphne3520 01/09/12 - 11:42 am
Rant # 3,,,As a GE Retiree, I

Rant # 3,,,As a GE Retiree, I guess "Lobby,: is the catchword. Hope this helps.

justthefacts
19980
justthefacts 01/09/12 - 11:59 am
Don't worry Ranter 3, the

Don't worry Ranter 3, the President has put his best man on the case. Jeffrey Immelt, C.E.O. of, you guessed it, G.E. “He understands what it takes for America to compete in the global economy,” Mr. Obama said of Mr. Immelt, on his appointment in January, after touring a G.E. factory in upstate New York that makes turbines and generators for sale around the world.

allhans
allhans 01/09/12 - 12:05 pm
January 2011, the Republicans

January 2011, the Republicans took over the House while the Democrats retained control of the Senate. The year G.E. paid Zero taxes was for 2010...so

Blame the G.E. fiasco on both parties plus Obama. Changes should have been made to the IRS BEFORE - After is too late.

allhans
allhans 01/09/12 - 12:57 pm
From the above mentioned

From the above mentioned video;
"President Obama's action … is a blight on his legacy because he will forever be known as the president who signed indefinite detention without charge or trial into law," ACLU Executive Director Anthony Romero says in a statement.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 01/09/12 - 01:49 pm
GE seems to be the most

GE seems to be the most popular company to pick on for those who have not paid any income taxes, but they are not alone. Did you know Wells Fargo and Verizon where on that list too? Why just single one out when you can pick on more? Duke Energy, Boeing, Mattel and Honeywell are a few more, expand your horizons. Complain about those companies also! It should also be noted, most of the companies on the of non income tax paying companies are energy companies........

iLove
iLove 01/09/12 - 02:16 pm
allhans - What are your

allhans - What are your thoughts on that video? I wanted to hear other people's opinions before I form my own.

Congress also passed the bill with 97% approval rate . . . but I didn't hear anything in the media. It's like this Bill was passed so quick and under the radar, you HAVE to ask the questions, if you are looking for the answers.

kmb413
kmb413 01/09/12 - 02:21 pm
When I read the GE rant I

When I read the GE rant I really thought I missed something there. Last time I checked GE was a corporation. What does that have to do with individual millionaires and billionaires paying their fair share. Plus, my mom always told me life isn't fair. What exactly would be a "fair share"?

happychimer
happychimer 01/09/12 - 02:26 pm
So are you saying that

So are you saying that corporations should not have to pay taxes? They give CEO bonuses out of this world, so I know they can and should pay taxes.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 01/09/12 - 02:28 pm
Ranter 5, Let's reelect

Ranter 5, Let's reelect Obama, and LET THE PEOPLE EAT CAKE.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/09/12 - 03:04 pm
Please exempt Donald J.

Please exempt Donald J. Schneider from the list of millionaires you want to take all the money from. If you take all his money he will have to cut my pay.

happychimer
happychimer 01/09/12 - 03:33 pm
Where did I say take all of

Where did I say take all of anyone's money?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/09/12 - 03:42 pm
For those that think

For those that think millionaires don't pay taxes. There is this government entity called the Internal Revenue Service which requires all Americans to fill out tax returns each year. The bonuses paid to CEO's must be reported on each years tax forms. So how do you figure that that money isn't taxed. Unless of course you are a member of Emperor Obama's cabinet.

kmb413
kmb413 01/09/12 - 03:46 pm
Where did I say corporations

Where did I say corporations shouldn't pay?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/09/12 - 03:55 pm
A fair share. Every adult

A fair share. Every adult pays 15% of whatever income they receive, no matter the source. Even better would be a national sales tax. That way EVERYBODY pays, even hookers and drug dealers would be paying taxes on condoms and rolling papers.

Marijuana-based drug works differently

Georgia Regents University and the state of Georgia have worked for months to land a marijuana-derived drug clinical trial for children with difficult seizure disorders.