Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHAT HAPPENED WITH Solyndra and Fast and Furious?

PRESIDENT OBAMA was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his “efforts to enhance international diplomacy” and his vision (and efforts) to achieve a nuclear-free world. If you disregard Obama’s increased drone attacks that have killed both terrorists and innocent civilians in six or seven countries, “leading from behind” in overthrowing Qaddafi while ignoring Syria’s revolution, and also ignoring Iran and North Korea’s growing nuclear programs that threaten the entire world, President Obama has done a remarkable job at earning the prize and proving the Nobel Committee made a wise selection.

I PREDICT 2012 will bring more of the same incompetent and arrogant leadership in both Democratic and Republican political parties, and an absurdly apathetically uninformed voter will facilitate more of the same.

UNITED WAY DATABASE features 1,000 (local) agencies “offering resources.” How can 1,000 legitimate even exist? Something about all this “help” just sounds suspicious.

ISN’T CLONING DIFFER­ENT from plastic surgery? I know they are 30 years apart, but Dolly Parton and Joan Rivers are starting to look identical. One more face lift and they will be each others granddaughters.

I’M NOT YET a senior citizen, but I can remember the time not too long ago when having a baby outside of marriage was not something to be proud of. Now, it is front-page news in the local paper and is something to be celebrated.

SO SOMEONE CALLS THE area by the municipal building high crime? I find that funny that once the courts move off several blocks away, the former court building is now labeled a high crime place.

THERE IS $150 MILLION of SPLOST money in the bank. This is proof the money needn’t ever have been taxed out of our pocketbooks. It’s earning interest for politicians rather than for those who earned it.

GEORGIA IS GETTING $5 million ($296 million to 23 states) from the feds for “making it easier for children to enroll in PeachCare for Kids.” In other words, Washington is taking our money and then giving some back to state governments as bribes when they follow the unconstitutional, communist line.

RunningMan
RunningMan 01/07/12 - 04:28 pm
The President's leadership

The President's leadership regarding war and peace is a lot better than the shoot now, ask questions later approach of the previous President. Things sure does seem a lot more peaceful to me. There will always be some country out there flexing there muscles, but I doubt if they can afford to enter into a war with the US. One thing we don't need now is another war. It amazing how the folks writhing this nonsense probably never served a day in their life, and probably look at war as some kind of game. Trust me, its not a lot of fun when our service members are being killed for nothing.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/07/12 - 06:36 pm
Where is eveybody?

Where is eveybody?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/07/12 - 06:47 pm
shrimp, I'saaa here.

shrimp, I'saaa here.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/07/12 - 06:52 pm
I was going to yank

I was going to yank Runningman's chains.....but FORGET IT.

jbl19584
jbl19584 01/07/12 - 08:11 pm
It was nice getting a raise

It was nice getting a raise on my SSA but did I have to lose $15.00 from my food stamps? I've been on SSA for 3 years and this was my first raise. Makes you wonder why even give us the raise if we are to be penalized for receiving it. Just wondering what the government is thinking???

allhans
allhans 01/08/12 - 12:01 am
F-35B Ship Suitability

F-35B Ship Suitability Testing

"Charlie, fill me in on the hydraulics of this open hatch tomorrow morning. Pressures must be awesome.

"I don't understand the open hatch over one of the turbines right behind the cockpit, especially with it facing forward??? It's open on every takeoff. I assume somehow it closes shortly after take off, right? What happens if the hatch flies off during takeoff, is the flight aborted? I suppose most carrier launches w/b conventional takeoffs...ie catapult?

Beautiful....Watch the testflight of this plane...

allhans
allhans 01/08/12 - 12:04 am
I think rant 3 is intended

I think rant 3 is intended
for the Obama voters.

treetopyoung
treetopyoung 01/08/12 - 12:00 am
I agree with number

I agree with number three...this country is just a big pile of well nothing...it is crazy..no one gave obama a chance to do much..he tried to fix what he could but now we have to start over with someone else because no one wants to give him a 2nd run like they did Bush....I wonder what we would be like today if we would not have had Bush in there the 2nd time around!!!!

allhans
allhans 01/08/12 - 12:20 am
'WHAT HAPPENED WITH Solyndra

'WHAT HAPPENED WITH Solyndra and Fast and Furious?'

Both were hastily shoved under the rug to remain along with others (See: Chevrolet VOLT -7,000 sold, 8000 recalled. Yep, sounds backwards doesn't it..Strange things are happening) .
Our tax dollars at work the Obama way.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/08/12 - 01:46 am
CG it looks like it's just

CG it looks like it's just you and me. Think we should play a practical joke on seenit and river?

carcraft
carcraft 01/08/12 - 02:16 am
Treetopyoung- Obama had a

Treetopyoung- Obama had a super majority in the House and Senate and could pass any bill or legislation he wanted for two years. The Democrats in the House and Senate could pass any bill they wanted and the other house would pass it and Obama would sign it. They rammed the health care bill down our throats. Ten years of taxes are going to pay for 6 years of care (sorta like Solyndra, costs six dollars to build a solar cell and they were selling it for 3 dollars and solar cells were available from China for 2 dollars). Now hospitals are having to merge, private practice Doctors are going bankrupt and the whole mess is tied up in courts and most states can't afford to implement Obama care. The Democrats (with Obama cheering) rammed the porkulus bill down our throats. Money was spent to, among other things, teach african men how to wash their genitles, build windmills in china and spain, pay for people to develope skills at "green jobs" that don't exist. Money went to high speed rail system nobody wants and labor union jobs and labor union fat cats. Unemployment was around 7% when Obama said, "If we pass the stimulus bill unemployment won't reach 8%". Unemployment has been over 9% for over two years and just recently droped to 8.6%. Many of those jobs that droped unemployment to 8.6% are going to go away because Christmass is over and I haven't heard much about the seasonaly adjusted unemployment rate. Obama and the Demorats have wasted billions of dollars on "green energy". Fisker motors got about 1/2 billion dollars to PRODUCE ELECTRIC CARS IN FINLAND! Solandra got 1/2 billion dollars to go bankrupt! Tesla motors got 1/2 a billion dollars to produce electric cars. Chrysler has spent 3 billion tax dollars on the Chevy Volt and it catches fire, 7 thousand sold but 8 thousand have been recalled. I am sure that the Chevy Volt reduces green house emssions, until it catches fire. Guess what, there is very limited demand for electric cars because they go about 40 to 50 miles on a charge unless you want to spend around $60,000 for one, then you go 200 miles on a charge. The Democrats set it up so we are now spending 1 trillion more a year than we take in taxes. Any time the Republicans try to cut spending the Democrats squeal like little children who had their lunch money stolen. You really think four more years of this type of garbage would be good for America? Obama had a chance to do what ever he wanted for most of his adminisrtation and wasted it on his left wing idology instead of trying to fix things.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/08/12 - 06:25 am
Add Bruce Jenner to the Dolly

Add Bruce Jenner to the Dolly Parton, Joan Rivers look alike contest with all the facelifts.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/08/12 - 06:27 am
SeenIt, wake up and laugh at

SeenIt, wake up and laugh at my jokes, please.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/08/12 - 07:02 am
I've decided, along with

I've decided, along with guffaw, there are certain words I won't use again..."though, however, thus" come to mind right now. There will be others.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/08/12 - 07:05 am
I've also decided that any

I've also decided that any "but" has to be accompanied by a "wait a minute."

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 01/08/12 - 07:22 am
This country is not a "big

This country is not a "big pile of nothing" and Obama had more of a chance to "do something" than he should have ever been given.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/08/12 - 07:35 am
I'm up and laughing River!

I'm up and laughing River!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/08/12 - 07:35 am
I need about three more cups

I need about three more cups of coffee though!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/08/12 - 07:38 am
Well....someone has had some

Well....someone has had some coffee this am...heh..ya funny too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/08/12 - 07:43 am
shrimp...about that 146am

shrimp...about that 146am post..
Now you know it's not nice to fool Mother Nature....don't make me put a HEX on you....that will make your hair fallout (all of it)---your toenails turn up & you will go around singing "Please Help Me I'm Falling"

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/08/12 - 07:49 am
Please help me I'm falling in

Please help me I'm falling in love with you
Close the door to temptation don't let me walk thru
For I should't want you
But darling I do
Please help me I'm falling in love with you
Please help me falling and that would be sin
Close the door to temptation don't let me walk in
Turn away from me darling
I'm begging you true
Please help me I'm falling in love with you

Just in case someone needs a reminder...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/08/12 - 07:51 am
Now THAT was too much

Now THAT was too much information, Seenit.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/08/12 - 07:51 am
Seenit I already have a hex

Seenit I already have a hex on me!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/08/12 - 07:53 am
My favoirite country song is

My favoirite country song is ... "I have tears in my ears from lying on my back crying all night over you."

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/08/12 - 07:53 am
How do you get a drummer off

How do you get a drummer off of your front porch...
Pay him for the pizza.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/08/12 - 07:53 am
Nahhh....some still won't get

Nahhh....some still won't get it..a mind is a terrible thing to waste....:)

I've wasted too many brain cells----on soooo many things..

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/08/12 - 07:55 am
Tell us about your hex

Tell us about your hex shrimp......I'm interested..

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/08/12 - 07:56 am
"I've wasted too many brain

"I've wasted too many brain cells----on soooo many things.."

Hahaha, me too.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/08/12 - 07:58 am
Did I say HEX? I meant SEX.

Did I say HEX? I meant SEX.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/08/12 - 08:00 am

GRU researching liver cancer target

A new clue in a centuries-old debate about the role of inflammation in cancer could provide a unique target for deadly liver cancer and potentially other cancers as well, a researcher at Georgia ...