Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT TO THE CITY employee in the white truck who sat behind the office of the cemetery near Lake Olmstead talking on his phone for over an hour on Friday afternoon. As bad as that place looks, and given the fact that most of the graves are perpetual care, you should have taken some of those yard tools off your trailer and actually done some work.

TO THE INDIVIDUAL or individuals in the 200 block of Walker Street who threw bricks at a passing truck: Do understand that your maker saw what you did, and you caused the property damage that occurred? I hope you never experience that same frightening event. That was one of our neighbors that you did that to.

A BIG RAVE TO all of the store employees who actually wished me a “Merry Christmas” this year.

PETA SEEKS memorials to cows killed on Illinois roads. PETA is definitely a bunch of nuts.

MY DAUGHTER IS getting married. Her dad never offered to pay anything towards her wedding; it’s up to Mom again. I hope I can keep my mouth shut when I see him there!

IF GOVERNMENT WOULD get out of the medical business, the business aspect would eventually reconcile the system and things would balance out. As with all business, it can’t run reasonably with politicians constantly, forcibly interfering, doing things that benefit only those politicians.

MANY THANKS TO THOSE who donated to the Emp­ty Stocking Fund. Your kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated.

THIS IS A RANT for the
person complaining about cute little basset hounds. You contacted Columbia County Cares, Animal Control and CCSD, with no help because they saw that you were not truthful in your accusations. Maybe the dogs aren’t the ones with the incessant barking and howling problem.

HOW FAR HAVE we sunk? Unwed mothers in color news photos announcing shows about their upcoming weddings on TV.

IF ALVIN MASON IS allowed to stay, that sets the example for Augusta to the rest of the state. Atlanta already thinks we are dumb and backward; there’s no need to prove it.

RANTS TO COLUMBIA COUNTY! We don’t need another stupid traffic circle. Why waste money when the flashing red light works?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 01/04/12 - 09:28 pm
Tips to children at the

Tips to children at the library (school age). You are not supposed to be chewing gum, never mind popping it at the library. You are not supposed to bang the computer keys so hard the desks shake up and down the whole row. It is not only annoying; it may damage the keys. Wondering why library staff doesn't seem to notice these things when they are so loud and intrusive? I am not taking time I need at the computer to make a complaint. It is the staffs job to be pro-active in consideration of their patrons. If a parent isn't supervising a minor child's library etiquette, shouldn't the library staff step in and educate that child for the benefit of the other visitors using the library?

countyman
20725
countyman 01/05/12 - 01:33 am
When did Alvin Mason get

When did Alvin Mason get convicted of a crime by a judge?? You're also exaggerating the attitude of the average person living in metro Atlanta.. Augusta and Savannah always fight over who's the true second city in Georgia..

I mean even the diverse, artsy, gay, etc crowd of Decatur and Avondale Estates likes Augusta.. Usually New Orleans, Savannah, and Charleston headline these type of articles.. They mentioned Artist Row on Broad street, Riverwalk, Patridge Inn, Augusta Canal, several restaurants downtown, etc..

Multiple scandals including getting caught cheating on AYP scores have took place in Atlanta.. I don't see how this is any worse, and the man hasn't even been convicted yet..

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 01/05/12 - 02:38 am
I have waited a long time to

I have waited a long time to say this...Countyman, I agree with you on this.

And, to the mom...do what is right for the right reasons and worry less about what he decides to do. Parents (especially divorced ones) should simply do right by their children, continue to teach them, love them, hold them acountable, etc. and not be so concerned about what the other parent does or does not do, encourage your child to love them all the same.

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 06:52 am
Well ole Perry will go to

Well ole Perry will go to South Carolina ...I guess he was told..."Boy git on down thar---you know ya have to dilute that vote count.
Pat Robertson says he was told who the next President would be by the heavens above ....but he's not saying...I betcha riverman was told too & he's not saying either..:)
Now that I know that certain posters have a "certain"mindset---heheheh--I will try to avoid them---BUT that will be hard to do cause those posters are funny-smart & can see the humor in life---& they show more LOVE for others than most on here.....:)
Don't you just love it!!!
I betcha river has that mindset...:)

Goodmorning to all.

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 07:23 am

For all my classic country lovers---yeh...you know who you are.

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 07:33 am
Alvin will probably stay &

Alvin will probably stay & they might even get back together---I hear ole Arnold & Maria are seeing each other again...
Love is funny sometimes...you know what they say about that thin line between love/hate.....funny how that works.......the very person you lovvve is also the very person you could #%$^&*&& sometimes..

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 07:35 am
Peta wants memorials to

Peta wants memorials to COWS??? I betcha they went out & had juicy steaks after making that announcement.

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 07:39 am
asitis....Once in awhile I

asitis....Once in awhile I agree with countyman too...but don't tell him I said that.....he might start following me on here..

Street smart
Street smart 01/05/12 - 07:56 am
Local Augusta Attorney Joseph

Local Augusta Attorney Joseph Neal Jr. is listed as a suspect in a rape case. The 18yr old accuser claimed they smoked marijuana and used other illegal drugs at Attorney Joseph Neal's house. Gov. Nathan Deal and Georgia state lawmakers need to come together and pass a bill that require attorneys practing law,and judges,state lawmakers in Georgia must pass a drug screen and be subject to random drug testing.

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 08:29 am
.....Hospitals Stuck With

.....Hospitals Stuck With Illegal Immigrants, Uninsured ‘Permanent Patients’ at Massive Cost
The Blaze – 8 hrs ago....Email
Share1Print......An unpleasant new report claims that many hospitals in major metro areas are struggling with the growing problem of “permanent patients.”

What’s a “permanent patient”? According to the New York Times they are mostly illegal immigrants or people who lack insurance or their own housing that the hospital cannot turn away.

The Times defines a “permanent patient”:

…[someone who has] been languishing for months or even years in…hospitals, despite being well enough to be sent home or to nursing centers for less-expensive care, because they are illegal immigrants or lack sufficient insurance or appropriate housing.

Of course, having dozens of patients hanging around that long means these hospitals are absorbing the bill for millions of dollars in unreimbursed expenses annually.

Unsurprisingly, the majority of these “permanent patients” are illegal immigrants because, as mentioned in the above, they have no housing or family in the area.

“Medicaid often pays for emergency care for illegal immigrants, but not for continuing care, and many hospitals in places with large concentrations of illegal immigrants, like Texas, California and Florida, face the quandary of where to send patients well enough to leave,” writes Sam Roberts of the Times.

Well this is just peachy....& we wonder why our costs are sky-rocketing.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/05/12 - 08:44 am
Mornin' seenit! Memorials to

Mornin' seenit!
Memorials to cows huh. They probably say "eat mor chikin"
Peta would be actually be a good organization if they weren't so radical.

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 08:58 am
Mawning shrimp.....sometimes

Mawning shrimp.....sometimes I wonder if shrimp really has shrimp for breakfast...:)

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 08:59 am
shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/05/12 - 09:04 am
I've had it many times

I've had it many times seenit. I bet River has too!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/05/12 - 09:06 am
My favorite is "Pickled

My favorite is "Pickled shrimp with grits!

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 09:07 am
You may have to change the

You may have to change the places you frequent, what you do for fun and whom you hang out with. If you are a computer junkie, remove the computer from your house. The best way to stop an addiction is to not have access to it.

ok then.....I might have to change what I do for fun & the folks I hang with....dang....or remove the puter from the house----but wouldn't I go through withdrawal shakes & stuff....I watched Ray Charles get off heroin (in movie) & it was really ugly....:(

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 09:08 am
shrimp....put that recipe on

shrimp....put that recipe on here please....who does the cooking at your place?

allhans
allhans 01/05/12 - 03:33 pm
I wonder that PETA hasn't

I wonder that PETA hasn't shown concern for the bill Obama signed approving the sale of horse meat for food.
I'll bet Obama loves his horse meat.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/05/12 - 09:35 am
We both cook. The kids know

We both cook. The kids know how too. I have some great recipies from some old Charleston ladies. I used to beg this one lady for the pickled shrimp secret and after years of asking she finally broke down.

Boil a pound of shrimp and save the water.
Peel them and put them in mason jars. (fill the jar about half way)
Add saved water + 2 crushed cloves of garlic.
Add 3to4 tablespoons red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
salt and pepper
put in fridge overnight.
Dig in the next morning.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/05/12 - 09:36 am
My fried shrimp will make you

My fried shrimp will make you eat your finger!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/05/12 - 09:39 am
On the History Channel right

On the History Channel right now...Big Shrimpin'. It's actually very entertaining.

BamaMan
BamaMan 01/05/12 - 09:46 am
City employee in white

City employee in white truck......BUSTED!

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 09:57 am
Thanks shrimp....I might try

Thanks shrimp....I might try that this week...:)

For some reason I want steak & fish today----mind over matter----?

seenitB4 01/05/12 - 10:11 am
seenitB4 01/05/12 - 10:31 am
Ok here we go...from the

Ok here we go...from the AJC..

One drops out--others press on...Perry says he will go toSC....& he sees the Iowa process as quirky...heh
Post-Iowa --expect to see less Mr Nice Newt
Bloomingdales will close at Perimeter Mall--sales did not meet expectations..
Iran considers ban on foreign warships in gulf...oohoh---war in the making here..
Aghan women stiill treated like dirt---(no surprise)
Georgians on the hook for failed ethonol facility......to the tune of $70million ....GEEZ...how much more can we take from STUPID decisions by leaders...MILLIONS !!!

ok I have to pull away from this theeeng....

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 01/05/12 - 12:14 pm
Alrighty then...perhaps this

Alrighty then...perhaps this is one way of getting the test results needed..

kmb413
kmb413 01/05/12 - 12:15 pm
It's Girl Scout Cookie

It's Girl Scout Cookie time!!! Yummy, so much for that New Year's Resolution.

kmb413
kmb413 01/05/12 - 12:18 pm
Seenit, see what you think of

Seenit, see what you think of Eddie Bush

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 01/05/12 - 02:55 pm
It would be a lot easier to

It would be a lot easier to look up Mr. Visintainer's obituary if his name is spelled correctly in the heading. Please correct. It says Vistintainer instead of Visintainer. I hope this has not had too many people wondering what happened to his online obituary and guestbook the last few days.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 01/05/12 - 03:25 pm
Thanks AutumnLeaves, I

Thanks AutumnLeaves, I emailed Legacy. They will have to fix that.

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms