Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A RANT to our local advertising executives. Who ever came up with that eyeglass commercial with the yelling of the martial arts sounds? I can’t see where it is even related. Can you come up with a better commercial?

ON CHRISTMAS EVE at the Waffle House in Evans, two young ladies came in and delivered some Christmas spirit. They came from New Hope Life Worship Center. They gave everybody a purse full of goodies. We really appreciated them. That is what Christmas is all about: love, appreciation and giving.

I LOVE TO begin my day watching the news on Channel 6. I end my day watching the evening news on Channel 6. I’m very happy that the lady has a knee replacement, but I think it is a little bit overboard to watch the same lady express her happiness over her knee replacement 19 times in three days.

A RAVE TO Walmart and Murphy Oil for giving us a 10-cent discount for several months by using a Walmart gift card. A class act.

I HAVE A KITTEN that has been stuck up a tree for many days, and it was too high for the fire department. But they did come out, and I would like to thank them. I called a couple of tree companies who wanted
a lot of money to do it, but then I found Stallion … Bobby Stallion is a great humanitarian who offered to get her down for free. There are still good people in this world.

FOR THE PAST two years, the Senate had failed to pass a federal budget requiring continuing resolutions to finance daily operations. Now it appears that this same tactic is being applied to extending the payroll tax reduction. Senators left on Christmas break without resolving differences between their version and the House’s version. How much more damage to this great nation will be done while Congress twiddles its thumbs?

LOTS OF PEOPLE don’t have computers. Don’t we count? Stop ignoring us.

THIS IS A RANT FOR our illustrious, socialist, communist president who sometimes occupies the White House. He did not take time off from his Hawaiian vacation to attend the funeral of our fellow comrade in arms Kim Jong Il II. What a shame.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 04:14 am
I'm the first poster. I win.

I'm the first poster.
I win.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 04:27 am
Good morning everybody! Let's

Good morning everybody!
Let's see...
Rant #1.-- I agree 100%. That is the most obnoxious comercial on the airwaves. I also hate the J.G. Wentworth ads.
Rant#3.--- That is really funny!
Rant #7--- That's right. If you don't have a computer you don't count. You'll never see this comment though because you would need a computer to do that. I am also kidding. You count.
Rant #8--- Socialist and Communist? Is that even possible? If I was in Hawaii I wouldn't want to be in the White House, blue house, brick house, out house or any other house. I'd sleep on the beach!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/04/12 - 07:21 am
Good Morning America. For

Good Morning America.

For those that complain about any commercials, It caught your eye, Right. That is their goal.

Rick, I am still ROFL from today cartoon....Good one.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/12 - 07:31 am
Cgee & river....You two are

Cgee & river....You two are very "cleaver" this morning....my jaw hurt from laughing last night....something about that story last night just gave me the funnies.....GOB was curious LOL.....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/04/12 - 07:54 am
Off Topic AC: Some of you

Off Topic AC:
Some of you know I have been the guardian and caring for a Veteran who has no next of Kin for 22 years. He passed on 12/14/2011. I was told to dispose of his personal property as I saw approiate. The only real item he had of value is a 32" flat screen TV purchased in Sept. 2011. I was going to donate it to some organization but realized that it may fall into hands of someone to make money or had 3 other TV's. I know he would like to give it to a fellow struggling Veteran who does not have one and can't afford one. If anyone that knows of such a Veteran, please contact me by going to my Avatar contact info.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/04/12 - 08:03 am
Hey, SeenIt, you cleaver

Hey, SeenIt, you cleaver lady. I swear the KKK must be doing the spell checks around here.

CG, I know some families just give things to the VFW. Some take TV's and stuff to the VA or the Veterans' Home.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 08:06 am
seenit you must not have had

seenit you must not have had coffee yet. It's Shrimp. River's not here yet. hehe

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 08:07 am
I speakited to soonly. River

I speakited to soonly. River bez here

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/12 - 08:10 am
shrimp....river is

shrimp....river is EVERYWHERE....
Thanks for letting me know your "real" email shrimp....maybe you can make the next get-together...missed you.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/04/12 - 08:12 am
Hey, Shrimp, I drove quickly

Hey, Shrimp, I drove quickly down East Bay St to get here in time. (Only Shrimp will get that.)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/12 - 08:14 am
We aren't stoopid ya

We aren't stoopid ya know......Charleston SC.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/04/12 - 08:15 am
Riverman, I have considered

Riverman, I have considered the Veterans Home and may still do it, but was looking at something more personal. Thanks.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/04/12 - 08:16 am
CG, I totally get the idea of

CG, I totally get the idea of personally giving to someone you know where it's needed. I don't trust ANY organization totally.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/04/12 - 08:31 am
Did y'all hear about the

Did y'all hear about the recent court case in Columbia County?

Defendant says, "Judge, I didn't know it was against the law and it's a stupid law anyway."

Judge, "Yeah, I know how that works. Just take your name off the form, put someone elses name on it and sneak it back into the state office. Then join the Army."

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 08:32 am
River I drove quickly down

River I drove quickly down East Bay one time after a heavy rain and when I got to East Bay and Calhoun the water was 2 feet deep. My VW actually floated across the intersection.
Did you know they actually installed a pump there so they could pump it back into the Cooper river as fast as it would pool. Anyway it really works. It never floods there anymore. Now if they could only do that for the rest of the city.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/04/12 - 08:35 am
Shrimp, Charleston is so low

Shrimp, Charleston is so low a heavy rain and high tide can be trouble. On that road over by the marina too.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 08:46 am
I grew up on Ashley right

I grew up on Ashley right behind where the old museum stood. My dad said we had riverfront property everytime it rained hard. When I was a kid my friends and I would ferry med students through the flooded area in a rowboat we had. We made a fortune in tips. We even wound up on the front page of the News and Courier one day.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/12 - 08:50 am
Ok let me cover everything B4

Ok let me cover everything B4 I go....

The KKK article is also in the AJC today...kinda funny..
Backers say Gingrich is still standing..
New Year begins with good signs for the economy...(thanks to We the People)
Starbucks will cost more..
shrimp...did you know that river posts at other papers while posting
here ? He probably has 4 puters in front of him right now..:)

Wanda Jackson .....great singer....
I have a new rule for this year ...I have to 1/2 my posting time...I have to get a grip on this addiction.....I'm trying--trying---seeya

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/04/12 - 08:52 am
SeenIt, great comments. All

SeenIt, great comments. All except cutting down on your computer time. I have this analyzed. It's a psychological need that keeps us from being mean to people. We can just be mean here.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/04/12 - 08:53 am
You know all the Columbia

You know all the Columbia County conflict with the judge reminded me of something.

Many years ago, a judge in SC said, "Riverboy, you are in trouble and you know it, but you ain't all that bad. If you join the Army by the end of the week, you won't even have a record."

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/04/12 - 08:58 am
shrimp, congrats on being

shrimp, congrats on being first.....

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 08:59 am
I post in the Charleston

I post in the Charleston paper seenit. The KKK article is in that paper too.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/04/12 - 09:01 am
Shrimp, I get articles sent

Shrimp, I get articles sent to me from the Post Courier. I have to keep up with Keith Summey, Al Cannon and Charlie Lybrand.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 09:02 am
Thanks JTF! Only thing I've

Thanks JTF! Only thing I've won this year! I had insomnia and that's the only reason I was awake. hehe

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/04/12 - 09:06 am
Where is the news about the

Where is the news about the merger of ASU and GHSU? I wonder if the med school will now be ASU Medical School? Kind of fits with Azziz promoting the power of GHSU. Lots of power struggles going on. I remember a while back Joe Bowles said all this would benefit Augusta and I believe he's right.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 09:05 am
My friend's father's name is

My friend's father's name is Al Cannon and River I swear in the phonebook after his name it says (Not The Sherrif).
He would get calls in the middle of the night by a mother asking him to let her son out of jail! Ain't that funny as H#ll

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/04/12 - 09:07 am
insomnia? Surely there's an

insomnia? Surely there's an "app for that".

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/04/12 - 09:08 am
Shrimp. LOL...yeah, that's

Shrimp. LOL...yeah, that's funny. The other Al Cannon had a hook shot playing for Chicora High School that they still talk about.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 09:09 am
Next thing you know Georgia

Next thing you know Georgia and Georgia Tech will be merging too and it will be GAGATHGASGHSU.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/12 - 09:12 am
JTF I'm sure there is but

JTF I'm sure there is but I'll stick with the melatonin. That stuff actually helps. Too bad I was out.

Sickness closes all McDuffie County schools

One day after closing an elementary school because of excessive absences caused by illness, the McDuffie County School System has decided to close all seven of its schools, according to its ...