Rants & Raves

CONGRATULATIONS TO 96-year-old blood donor Joe Johnson. How inspiring! More people should be willing to volunteer to donate blood to save lives while you have the health to do so.

YOU PEOPLE ARE WORRIED about Magnolia Trace resident incomes? You should be worried about criminal background checks, track the reason for the low income and check for known criminal associates.

I SAW AN AD by University Hospital that babies prefer University. Babies don’t know squat!

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT a chicken has to do with selling glasses? Please Stanton, fricassee that bird. It sure doesn’t make me want to do business with you if that’s the best as you can come up with.

CHRISTIANS IN PAKISTAN are suffering. I hope the missionaries who converted these people from Islam are happy. They forced their religion on these people and left them there to be discriminated against and even killed. It’s best to just stay home and stay out of other people’s business. What good did you do?

I FOUND THE COLUMN by Mr. Robert Ringer and his reference to the President of the United States of America as a “ne’er-do-well” to be the height of distastefulness and utter disrespect. There will one day be another person in the White House, and this continued denigration of the individual and personal attacks are setting a negative template for generations to come. Don’t be surprised that the youth will hold this office in utter contempt; adults such as Mr. Ringer have left a great example.

COMPLETELY TIRED OF THE pop-up auto ad on The Augusta Chronicle homepage as well as screaming car commercials on the radio.

WHAT A TERRIBLE TRAGEDY WHEN a police officer is killed in action. But why does the community think that we owe their children an education? Military personnel are killed every day and no fund is set up for their children’s education. It is their choice of jobs.

I HAD A LAUGH about the guy who spent $1 a week for a whole year and only won $2 in the Georgia Lottery. This is why the lottery is called a tax on people who can’t do math.

I LIKED HAVING ONLY ‘‘raves’’ on Christmas Day. Thank you. You made a lot of people happy.

Martinez
Martinez 01/01/12 - 09:17 pm
Tragedy comment .... check

Tragedy comment .... check your facts. There is an education fund for the children of military members with service related disabilities or death. It's called VA Chapter 35. There is not a fund however for service related police or fire disabilities or deaths, thus the public outcry and desire to do so on their own.

scgator
scgator 01/01/12 - 09:18 pm
why does the community think

why does the community think that we owe their children an education?

As unpopular as it may be; I have to agree. It is not that I do not care, but people are killed every day somewhere in their chosen vocation. Life is not fair, and it can be cruel......it is a compassionate thing by all means, but "who" decides who we will help and who we will let suffer? I cannot think of a greater tragedy for a family than losing its "leader", but, this happens everyday through accidents, heart attacks, etc.

scgator
scgator 01/01/12 - 09:28 pm
They forced their religion on

They forced their religion on these people

Christian missionaries do not FORCE religion on people; Salvation is an act of one's OWN free will; while it is true that some countries do not tolerate Christianity, its benefits FAR OUTWEIGH any persecution or even physical death. You must look and question the attributes of "other" religions who will not tolerate those who disagree with them. Christianity is the only "religion" that is tolerant of ALL others. I know that some people still say that there is more than one way to reach God; however, God says different. But, if you don't believe the Bible; then the last statement is irrelevant to you.

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/01/12 - 10:06 pm
"CHRISTIANS IN PAKISTAN are

"CHRISTIANS IN PAKISTAN are suffering.....What good did you do?"

Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3

They have introduced them to God Jehovah, the creator of this earth, the giver of life, not only physically but spiritually. They have shown them the path to eternal salvation. That's the good they have done. Praise God!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/01/12 - 10:50 pm
Good response scgator &

Good response scgator & ICL.
How sad Ranter 5 does not know the Lord. I would rather be killed for following Christ, than glorified on this earth and die without Him.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/01/12 - 11:08 pm
Giving to others is an

Giving to others is an individual decision.

KSL
KSL 01/02/12 - 12:30 am
@scgator at 8:18. I agree

@scgator at 8:18. I agree with you. I feel for the family, but for the public to come forward with money for education? What happened to the personal responsibility I and my husband were taught by our parents.
We have made certain all of our adult lives that we covered life, health, home and car, etc insurance, just like we were responsible for our food, shelter, clothing, and transportation.

augustarookie
augustarookie 01/02/12 - 04:01 am
Agree with ranter about

Agree with ranter about Stantons obnoxious chicken ad. It may be one of the worst ever. Makes me not want to watch shows when it runs.

augustarookie
augustarookie 01/02/12 - 04:15 am
It is no wonder that Best Buy

It is no wonder that Best Buy is on the endangerd list. They have the most terrible customer service. Too few cashiers and the ones they have are terribly slow. Same clerks working pick-up for online orders and returns. No manager in site to help fix long lines.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 06:26 am
The pop-ups get on my nerves

The pop-ups get on my nerves too....I haven't seen any good-- funny adds in a long time......years ago I would laugh out loud at some on tv.....not lately though.....I might check some & put them on here.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 06:37 am
Dang...I was just

Dang...I was just sidetracked listening to this song....

Window Up Above....by Wanda Jackson.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 06:53 am

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 07:29 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 01/02/12 - 09:48 am
I had an interesting

I had an interesting exchange with a "paid political consultant" over on the CCNT last night. If she gets paid for throwing out the things she was saying, I'm in the wrong business. It was easy as arguing with our worst poster...and y'all know who that is.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 10:24 am
Headlines in AJC.. Iran fires

Headlines in AJC..

Iran fires missle they say it is designed to evade radar..

ParkRanger is gunned down in Mount Rainier NationalPark...:(

Legislators will target tax overhaul----GOP leaders back higher sales taxes in exchange for lower income taxes... well anyway that would insure ALL pay something......even the fingernals-hairdos--& shiney hubcaps..

allhans
allhans 01/02/12 - 10:30 am
A headline from the AP:NEW

A headline from the AP:NEW YORK (AP) — An off-duty federal law enforcement agent who died while confronting a pharmacy robber was picking up his elderly father's cancer medication, a New York congressman said Sunday.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 10:46 am
Ok now.....I put some funnies

Ok now.....I put some funnies on here-----put the music for country lovers----some headlines from AJC----my work here is done ..:?

Send the check AC...
Now ole River will have to take over...my STRONG STRONG coffeee has faded.....seeya

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/02/12 - 10:46 am
Tell you what if I'm ever in

Tell you what if I'm ever in the drug store and some drug crazed person is robbing it, I'm not about to get involved. Bullets don't even affect these crazies. They are like zombies and keep coming.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/02/12 - 10:47 am
SeenIt, now go think about

SeenIt, now go think about Perry and that picture.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/02/12 - 10:54 am
Ever see how you have to

Ever see how you have to fight zombies in the movies? You can't just shoot them. They fall back a minute, but then keep on coming. You have to do something that destroys the body like dump them in some kind of acid or blow them up somehow. This one movie I saw the guy was chopping them up into little pieces, but as the movie was ending, I saw those little pieces starting to move. You can't beat those things.

fftaz71
fftaz71 01/02/12 - 11:26 am
The guy killed in the drug

The guy killed in the drug store incident was with the ATF. The robber was confronted by him, an off duty LEO, a retired LEO and the pharmacist. The ATF agent trained military servicemembers- US, Iraqi and Afghanistanis- how to investigate blasts. Sad story all the way around. http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s2434895.shtml

fftaz71
fftaz71 01/02/12 - 11:31 am
As for giving a police

As for giving a police officers kids an education when they are killed in the line of duty...those who would complain about this small sacrifice have no idea what the impact of that Line of Duty Death has on a family. For the community it is but a small, insignificant price to pay. For the family, it is HUGE. The very least the community could do when a PUBLIC SERVANT is killed doing his/her job or just because of who/what they are/represent is take care of their family. Yes, people die every day in accidents and such, but when the cause of death is directly related to public service this doesnt even, shouldnt even, deserve to be debated. Would you rather your tax dollars go to support the ones who are smoking/selling crack and perpetuating crimes while they sit home on welfare (and not all welfare recipients do this I know) or to support a kids education so that hopefully he/she doesnt end up in the first situation? I think you know what Id say...

allhans
allhans 01/02/12 - 11:57 am
fftaz..I can see your point,

fftaz..I can see your point, but it is hard to be selective in those we choose to help.
Some families would prefer not to take charity. Your condolences and caring is enough for them.

drivenslow
drivenslow 01/02/12 - 12:10 pm
christian fruitcakes

christian fruitcakes

drivenslow
drivenslow 01/02/12 - 12:10 pm
christian fruitcakes

christian fruitcakes

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 01/02/12 - 12:21 pm
SeenitB4 asks: "How many

SeenitB4 asks: "How many people really have this.....mybe a few on here....I once had it & hope to again one day..."

Are we truly ever satisfied mentally? As for me, I have to count my blessings every day to achieve mental satisfaction. There are always things in our lives that make us feel like we can't be comfortably satisfied, but if you are living for Christ, and doing as He asked, what more satisfaction could we have? No matter what problems we have, as long as we live as God would have us live, speaking for me and Precious, we're completely satisfied.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 01:45 pm
Well GOB is set up for the

Well GOB is set up for the games now.....I cooked his soups-cornbread--promised to keepout of his way---turn the vacuum off--answer all phones & say he is unavailable--now on with the games...lol

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/02/12 - 04:44 pm
augustarookie, Best Buy is on

augustarookie, Best Buy is on my list of never to shop. The service is beyond horrible and the attitude is militant in nature. One of the guys at the door, actually threw a ballpoint pen at my friend and hit him in the back of the head in a fit of anger. Don't make the mistake of disagreeing with them.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/02/12 - 04:48 pm
Ranter 6, your fears are

Ranter 6, your fears are unwarranted regarding the Obama remarks, Clinton takes the award for permanently disgracing the oval office.