Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT TO OBAMA for continuing to blame the Republicans for what his Democrats have failed to do. For the first two years of Obama’s reign, his House, Senate and of course, the Executive Office were all dominated by Dems. Yet they failed to pass a budget, they did not accomplish anything other than create chaos with the health care bill, create regulations that stifled the growth of jobs, throw taxpayer money at “green” industries that are going bankrupt and pass a useless waste of taxpayers’ money called the stimulus bill.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO the kind lady at Krogers on Columbia Road on Wednesday for giving me a 10 percent off of my whole order, which was a substantial amount. May God bless you and I will pass on the kindness to another senior citizen. You are tops in my book.

POLITICIANS FORCED banks to make loans to unqualified borrowers. Then when the unqualified didn’t pay what they owed, the politicians punished the lenders. What a scam!

THE AUGUSTA PUBLIC TRANSIT System service has not changed a bit since the new company took over the operations. Administrator Fred Russell, the Augusta Bus Riders Association has not complained yet because, out of respect, we were waiting to see what changes, if any, the new company would bring about. We will be watching the Board of Commissioners’ list of recommendations closely when you meet in January.

I CAN’T BE THE only person who is fed up with all these punks running around with guns terrorizing our communities! I propose that we pass a new law immediately that would add a mandatory 50 years, with NO chance of parole on top of any sentences given to felons caught with guns. It should be called J.D.’s Law.

I FEEL FOR THE person who wrote about others tramping all over their yard. We have had the same problems with grown boys, 16- to 20-year-olds, vandalizing our property, mailboxes and paper boxes. We even put up “no trespassing” signs, and that did not stop them. The law enforcement here where we live does nothing. I wish I could catch them in action; I would stop it for good!

A HUGE RAVE for the three teens from Country Place that brought my family cookies. We really enjoyed them! Thank you so much!

pdixiedog
pdixiedog 12/27/11 - 09:25 pm
I agree that the government

I agree that the government should block the EBT card from being used to purchase junk food. If people on food stamps want to purchase junk food, they can either use their own money or don't buy it at all. Taxpayer money should only be used to purchase wholesome and nurishing food - not junk food!

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 12/28/11 - 03:45 am
We actually already have

We actually already have enough laws. Most repeat offenders should be in jail under the 3 strikes laws now anyway. The real problem is the court system, DA's Offices working plea deals and dropping the 3 strikes laws, etc. to plea out cases (easier for them, etc.).

Enforce the existing laws and give mandatory sentencing for all violent offenders. And, remove any/all loopholes in the 3 strikes laws - 3 felonies and go to jail for the rest of your live with no parole, period, end of story.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 12/28/11 - 07:54 am
Put 'em in Jail... Put 'em in

Put 'em in Jail... Put 'em in Jail.. well, there isn't money to keep them there. If they haven't killed anyone yet then we can't afford to house them in jail. We need to quit these tax cuts and re-fund these departments so that law enforcement can do their jobs effectively. Also, we should find one of these small isolated downs that have died out, put a fence around it. Have a community garden where THEY grow and tend their own food, have work release projects to do these jobs that nobody seems to want and kept track of... no more roaming the streets at all hours of the night. Make them pay their way without living in a cell.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/28/11 - 08:39 am
The problem is the jails are

The problem is the jails are full, the prisons are full and there's no money to build more. We have to find ways to decrease crime. That means decriminalizing drugs and using a small portion of the money to educate the public against their use.

We are in the throes of the worst Prohibition like crime wave since the 30's. We have Al Capone's everywhere running crime syndicates pushing drugs and every other type crime they can make money on.

copperhead
copperhead 12/28/11 - 09:11 am
I only earn about $22,000 per

I only earn about $22,000 per year,do y'all think i should buy a $350,000 house? The feds say i can afford it and will approve the loan.

firstamendment23
firstamendment23 12/28/11 - 09:12 am
The U.S. Constitution is the

The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land and it gives everyone the "right to bear arms" therefore any existing law that prohibits anyone from carrying a gun is a violation of the U.S. Constitution.

constituent
constituent 12/28/11 - 09:22 am
You've watched in horror over

You've watched in horror over the last year, as the most extreme congress in history made one nauseating vote after another. Many of the Tea Party - affiliated House Republicans were elected in 2010 with the help of millions of dollars in spending by political groups associated with Karl Rove and the Koch siblings. So the most odious members of the congress have behaved as if they were above accountability. But they aren't. And we're going to take them down House Republicans in Congress come the 2012 election, for all the delayed tactics against the working middle - class and our president to jump start our derailed economy.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/28/11 - 09:37 am
Constituent, you are a little

Constituent, you are a little off on that. Karl Rove was anti-Tea Party candidates.

You say you want candidates who will work with the president to be elected. I can understand your disappointment. It's like that misguided soul who said she voted for him because she wouldn't have to pay for her house anymore and wouldn't have to worry about gas or food.

Y'all better do the mmmmm chant louder this time because things are getting harder to believe.

allhans
allhans 12/28/11 - 10:31 am
For those who aren't

For those who aren't up-to-date on the members of Congress - there are 535 total members and 58 are said to be members of the TEA Party.
Now..How on earth can 58 people stop the other 477 from conducting business. They can't!!

A few, not many thank goodness, hear the talking heads like those on mSNBC spouting whatever sounds good to help their cause and never take the time to check it out for themselves.

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 12/28/11 - 11:11 am
Another $1.2 TRILLION is

Another $1.2 TRILLION is going to be added to the budget.....

Between Bush and Obama America will be in Chapter 11 before much longer.....Since we've tapped out China you think the Drug cartels will loan the U.S.A. some money to go to war with Iran?

fftaz71
fftaz71 12/28/11 - 12:10 pm
Falsehope...if you dont think

Falsehope...if you dont think that the government is already in tight with the cartels, you might want to read a true crime book called The Boys on the Tracks. Its an eye opening read....trust me. Many names are mentioned and had this book gotten more publicity, this country's past 15-20 yrs might have been radically different.

Discussionstarter
Discussionstarter 12/28/11 - 01:14 pm
We saw CCSO running radar

We saw CCSO running radar last night on Furys Ferry near Westlake; thank you. Don't forget the other speeding area on Furys Ferry near the Richmond County line near the gas station new dance studio.

allhans
allhans 12/28/11 - 01:30 pm
Good video False Hope

Good video False Hope

harley_52
harley_52 12/28/11 - 02:23 pm
constituent said "You've

constituent said "You've watched in horror over the last year, as the most extreme congress in history made one nauseating vote after another."

Hoo boy, do I ever agree with that. The Senate votes Reid allowed were real stinkers alright. No matter the stacks of sound, sensible legislation the House produced, nothing could get through the do nothing Senate.

I don't want Congress to support the President in destroying our Constitution and our Economy. The Tea Party is our last great hope, no matter how the democrats have vilified it and its supporters.

Elect Conservatives in 2012 to the White House and both houses of Congress, or pay the price.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/28/11 - 03:15 pm
Well, it was so nice to meet

Well, it was so nice to meet you Chronicle posters over at Raes’. Especially you, countyman. Your personality was so different from what I expected from your posts – charming, witty, gracious. Hope to see you again sometime.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/28/11 - 03:27 pm
Little Lamb, if there were

Little Lamb, if there were anyone there witty and gracious, it was you. Countyman, I'm not so sure about. Heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/28/11 - 03:31 pm
By the way, SeenIt, Happy

By the way, SeenIt, Happy Chimer, KSL and Willow are everything anyone could have hoped for. I always knew we had the best women in the good old CSRA right here on these very boards. Guys, too.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/28/11 - 03:35 pm
Sorry I missed it. I was at

Sorry I missed it. I was at work. Hope I can go to the next one.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/28/11 - 03:39 pm
BTW, second to the last rant

BTW, second to the last rant was so much like my own experience in 30906 I did a double-take when I read it. But I didn't write that one. And I don't believe I had the pleasure of meeting Riverman1 at any of the previous get togethers. Maybe next time.

happychimer
happychimer 12/28/11 - 04:23 pm
I really did enjoy meeting

I really did enjoy meeting seenit& G.O.B., Willow,and Riverman for the 1st time. Everyone there today were kind, friendly, and very good company. Thanks for inviting me. I certainly made a grand entrance!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/28/11 - 08:46 pm
I'm not surprised everyone

I'm not surprised everyone there today was kind, friendly and good company at the gathering. The ones that attended behaved quite nicely in person the last times I went to these gatherings, too.

happychimer
happychimer 12/28/11 - 09:12 pm
The ones there today are nice

The ones there today are nice online too.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/28/11 - 09:36 pm
Stop calling me nice. Ruins

Stop calling me nice. Ruins my street cred. Seriously, it was a great get together. It was a nice group. I wish all of you could have been there...including the REAL Countyman. Thanks to SeenIt for arranging it and the great people at Rae's for putting up with us. Know who really surprised me? Little Lamb. Heh, heh, heh.

happychimer
happychimer 12/28/11 - 09:45 pm
It was great, except when I

It was great, except when I fell. I bet they mark that step so others don't fall. My knee is swollen some and aches, but I'll be ok. yes countyman needs to be there next time. He would have been welcome.

KSL
KSL 12/28/11 - 09:53 pm
Me too, Riverman.

Me too, Riverman.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/28/11 - 10:30 pm
Thanks to bad ole Riverman,

Thanks to bad ole Riverman, we had a good time with our infamous mystery guest. He had me going, when I introduced myself to "countyman"! (I'm not telling the response I received.)

seenitB4, was our beautiful and gracious hostess and GOB was her sidekick, when he wasn't being mine. (Boy, are you in trouble.) Thanks to her, I had an opportunity to get to meet all of you and I look forward to the next time. We really can't wait another year; let's plan a Spring Thing and I hope others will join us.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/28/11 - 10:34 pm
Well, all I can say is, guys,

Well, all I can say is, guys, make no mistake, Willow is a knockout in everyway. Now back to our Bible discussion. Ha.

happychimer
happychimer 12/28/11 - 10:45 pm
Willow I really had a good

Willow I really had a good time and glad to meet you and seenit and G.O.B. and River. I had met the others before. Little Lamb gave us a beautiful cat that did not work out, but he and his wife are such good people.billyjones had checked our roof and said we did not need a new roof. He could have taken our money and put on a new roof, but he was honest.Of course I have met KSL and her husband before. She and I have had our rounds, but turns out she is good people too.We are all different, but alike in a lot of ways. Hey. I think I was the only democrat there today!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/28/11 - 10:58 pm
There was an article in Sept

There was an article in Sept that said Fort Discovery had been sold and the new owners would be announced in a month. Meybohm still has it listed. Anyone know what happened?

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/28/11 - 11:02 pm
Who says dems and repubs

Who says dems and repubs can't be friends; thank you, happy & River, see you soon!

Partnerships needed in cyber sectors, NSA director says

Adm. Michael Rogers, director of the National Security Agency, said the nation's security rests on breaking down bariers between private and government sectors specializing in cyber defense. ...