Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

NOW THAT JENNIFER Keeton has got her answer from the federal court system, she needs to move on with her life. Since she will never be able to handle interfacing with the general population she needs to find a different career to that which she is pursuing.

MY RANT IS IF you do not like where this country is headed then come next year, vote the Democrats out. It’s a change that we can live with.

A RANT FOR people who don’t pay the small contractor. My husband, an honest contractor, just finished a job for a fellow. The final amount due was $1,279, and he decided he would only pay $400. So, right here at Christmas, my husband is out $879 while this fat cat income property owner has a great Christmas with his money.

OK, GEORGIA LEADERS; excuse me, I should say politicians, you have the farmers mad because they don’t have enough immigrant workers to harvest their crops and the taxpayers mad because they are tired of paying endless unemployment to thousands of jobless people, so .... let’s see, unless you are a progressive or socialist you should see the answer to two big problems. Now lead us or get out!

A RANT TO THE ranter who stated gas stations should be set up to reject junk food purchases by EBT cards. Anyone qualified to have an EBT card deals with enough poverty and misery. Are you really in favor of barring the poor from eating potato chips? When the card runs out, that’s it for the month; what food the bearer purchases with it is none of your business.

A RANT FOR THOSE drivers who stop in through-traffic to let some bozo turn left and cross two lanes of oncoming traffic. All it does is cause backups and folks hitting their brakes to keep from plowing into your rear end not expecting you to stop in the middle of the road because you want to be polite. You are not being polite; you are being a road hazard.

A RANT FOR STORES who don’t open enough cash registers for the holidays. I see 32 checkout lanes, but only 10 are open. What time of year other than Christmas would they all be open? Now might be that time. If I have to wait too long to check out I just put my stuff down and leave. How many others do the same and how much money are you losing in sales?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/26/11 - 10:47 am
With all the information that

With all the information that came out, including some info in the CCNT involving others that didn't make it to court, I say he needs help. One thing Judge Blanchard could consider is if Dean admits he needs help and agrees to seek it when he's released from prison, I'd be happy with a couple of years.

But if he is going to keep denying his character traits (regardless of whether they should have been admitted in court), keep him locked up for decades. There's just too much of an escalating pattern with him not to have professional help. And that takes him admitting and trying to improve.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 10:51 am
I'm with WB on this----not

I'm with WB on this----not sure what really happened either----40years seems too much but what amount I just don't know---many never overcome their desire for that----so I would say he would have to have restrictions.

anyhooo----I have been told we have business to take care of right here & now ---men are soooo bossy...seeya

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 11:11 am
This will be interesting to

This will be interesting to be sure. Judge Blanchard is in a tight place; he doesn't want to send the wrong message to others and wants to do what is just. I do know that he is a compassionate man. I wouldn't want to be in either Dean's or Judge Blanchard's shoes.

As to getting help, I do hope that Dean is willing to allow that to happen. All of them need help, girls and Dean's wife. This doesn't have to ruin their lives. I feel for all of them.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/26/11 - 11:16 am
Judge Blanchard could have

Judge Blanchard could have two sentences before him and be ready to use one or the other depending on what Dean says before sentencing. If there were ever a time for contrition in a courtroom by a defendant, this is it.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 11:22 am
Agreed, river. Will the

Agreed, river. Will the sentencing date be preannouced?

carcraft
carcraft 12/26/11 - 11:29 am
The small business owner who

The small business owner who got stiffed can file a mechanics lien and tie up the property title.

proud2bamerican
proud2bamerican 12/26/11 - 12:16 pm
I agree with WB re Dean's

I agree with WB re Dean's sentence, and believe that counseling should be 'mandatory', not something he might "agree" to do. The only thing I don't agree with River about is that any weight should carry based on what "Dean says before sentencing". Forty years is way to extreme, but the decision needs to be somewhat firm prior to Dean's final comments; he must be primarily judged on what he did and not the drama he may perform for the court's benefit at closing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 12:34 pm

hahah---Secrets from our government---eyes in the sky in the70s---we knew even then what other countries were doing---amazing how many held the secrets for so long...

Cirroc2012
Cirroc2012 12/26/11 - 01:09 pm
@ILove what I think many are

@ILove what I think many are upset with is how people are abusing the system. There are people who need a helping hand in difficult times, but to purchase a $300.00 cake is absurd. If spent right $300.00 can get you what you need for a month. We all have heard of people sell their EBT for cash, but our government cannot catch them. People need to work for government assistance if they are going to receive it, this one way for them to give back. They should have them working in state buildings cleaning bathrooms, nursing homes assisting with minor activities with elderly, and other odd jobs that does not require training. I realize that there are many who are employed receive assistance, however we have a great amount of our population who are not employed and are receiving $1000.00 or more each month not to include that their rent and utilities are paid. There should also be contract signed that additional pregnancies after enrollment may terminate you of the program. As far as what people can or cannot buy if they can make a list for WIC they should do it with EBT. Remember this anyone can qualify for EBT all it takes is telling a few lies, but choices has consequence. There are no haters or envy

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 01:10 pm
Agreed proud2b, what a person

Agreed proud2b, what a person says to the court walks a fine line between manipulation and true humility. I do know that it is important to admit our wrongs, as it is the first step to recompense and true repentance. I learned there are two different sorrows, one is: Sorry that I got caught; the other: I truly see my wrongs, am heartsick over them, and I desire to change my life. The later one, usually takes a good deal of pain to come to.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 01:27 pm
River, if I had a dime for

River, if I had a dime for every time, I looked at that article for your post, I'd have a dollar. Just copy and paste and email to me. I want to see the thing!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 02:26 pm

She didn't want to show her receipt so she punched the 70year old Walmart greeter...what has happened to good old common sense?

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/26/11 - 02:35 pm
Next to last Rant.....NO

Next to last Rant.....NO doubt, you are correct!!!!!

Last Rant: Thats the oldest trick in Sam Walton's book....Witness ANY Wally World ANY time!!!!!!

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 02:49 pm
Forget sense, seenit, what

Forget sense, seenit, what happened to sanity!?

harley_52
harley_52 12/26/11 - 03:36 pm
Still right here, Willow

Still right here, Willow Bailey.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 03:59 pm
Hey, harley, I've missed you.

Hey, harley, I've missed you. We've been on different threads for a while now. Sending mail to you.

Dipshot
Dipshot 12/26/11 - 05:15 pm
Can someone tell me what that

Can someone tell me what that cooked cabbage smell was coming from today? Pretty strong odor of it coming from around Jackson Rd. Someone must of been cooking up a mess of cabbage, you could smell it almost by the mall.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/26/11 - 05:21 pm
Afternoon everyone. Hope you

Afternoon everyone. Hope you all had as nice a day as the CIC and I did. All members of our genes, Wives, Grandsons, and My Beautiful Grandgirl all within our hearts and eyes at the same time. So great a feeling to see, hear and and enjoy how they are dealing with life.

I would like to share an email with you all from a very nice lady who has email me in the past. Came in two days ago and I waited to get her permission to post it. I think you would be interested to know we have unknown followers,

"Maybe you don't remember me but way back in 2010 on Veteran's Day I sent you an e-mail, you responded with a kind and thoughtful comment.
You see I used to live in Augusta was born and raised there, now live in WI. I'm 87 yrs. old and a WWII Navy vet. I log on the the August paper each day to see what's going on. And read with interest the Rants and Raves comments. I've been following this group for over a year now and look forward to reading each day. Wish I could attend the luncheon planned for next week. Please give my regards to all who post.
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your son and in such a tragic way. My thoughts are with you and your family. I have my WI family who live near-by and visit often. They will be coming over tonight for dinner. I wish you with all my heart, Peace and forgiveness. Have a wonderful Holiday with those you love.

Claire

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 05:41 pm
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing CobaltGeorge, what a precious lady. Just goes to say what ICL is always saying...we never know who is reading this. We have a responsibility.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 06:28 pm
What a great letter CGee....&

What a great letter CGee....& HI from seenitB4 to the letter writer....maybe 1 day you can come to a get-together ...:) we promise we will be goooode..heheheh...
Speaking of the lunch---try to wear a tag with your poster name---if you don't want to disclose your real name---ok too---those with bags on their face ....kindly let us know if you are a man or woman so we can say miss or mr....& wear clothes.....:)
Looking forward to meeting/greeting & the weather should be nice....it is a little tricky with the twists & turns with the roads so pull up on google & get the real directions---some signs after turning off Walton Way...

I will try to have some appetizers ...waiting or as soon as possible---we will put the rest of the bill on Sean & the AC--hehha just KIDDING SEAN--- Wed. 1130am----Raes Coastal Grill---

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 06:39 pm
Goodnight ..

Goodnight ..

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/26/11 - 09:49 pm
Interesting that the TEE

Interesting that the TEE parking deck is complete and the Morris owned company can use it while the TEE is now said to be behind schedule..since no events are scheduled. I wonder why construction has been delayed when it was previously reported to be ahead of schedule. We haven't had much rain. There's a 14 inch shortage for the year. It has been warm. Interesting delay.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/26/11 - 10:09 pm
I thought Walter Sprouse said

I thought Walter Sprouse said there would be retail space in the parking deck? Maybe he meant the ticket booth?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/26/11 - 11:41 pm
Dipshot, last time I smelled

Dipshot, last time I smelled something like that on Jackson Road (over 10 years ago, I think) one of the horses had died on that property at the bottom of the hill while the owners were out of town. I could see the horse from the road and went and told as gently as possible, the elderly person that answered the door, that was at the house at the time what happened and I was assured the owners would be notified (as they were). Considering it's the holidays, I hope that is not what has happened again. Sadly, horses do die, just like the rest of us, and not always at propitious times, just like the rest of us. If that is not the case, there is always the possibility of a gas line problem, or an ill-wind from one of the sulfurous plants in the industrial areas.