Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

NOW THAT JENNIFER Keeton has got her answer from the federal court system, she needs to move on with her life. Since she will never be able to handle interfacing with the general population she needs to find a different career to that which she is pursuing.

MY RANT IS IF you do not like where this country is headed then come next year, vote the Democrats out. It’s a change that we can live with.

A RANT FOR people who don’t pay the small contractor. My husband, an honest contractor, just finished a job for a fellow. The final amount due was $1,279, and he decided he would only pay $400. So, right here at Christmas, my husband is out $879 while this fat cat income property owner has a great Christmas with his money.

OK, GEORGIA LEADERS; excuse me, I should say politicians, you have the farmers mad because they don’t have enough immigrant workers to harvest their crops and the taxpayers mad because they are tired of paying endless unemployment to thousands of jobless people, so .... let’s see, unless you are a progressive or socialist you should see the answer to two big problems. Now lead us or get out!

A RANT TO THE ranter who stated gas stations should be set up to reject junk food purchases by EBT cards. Anyone qualified to have an EBT card deals with enough poverty and misery. Are you really in favor of barring the poor from eating potato chips? When the card runs out, that’s it for the month; what food the bearer purchases with it is none of your business.

A RANT FOR THOSE drivers who stop in through-traffic to let some bozo turn left and cross two lanes of oncoming traffic. All it does is cause backups and folks hitting their brakes to keep from plowing into your rear end not expecting you to stop in the middle of the road because you want to be polite. You are not being polite; you are being a road hazard.

A RANT FOR STORES who don’t open enough cash registers for the holidays. I see 32 checkout lanes, but only 10 are open. What time of year other than Christmas would they all be open? Now might be that time. If I have to wait too long to check out I just put my stuff down and leave. How many others do the same and how much money are you losing in sales?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/26/11 - 07:19 am
Good mourning Awguster. Two

Good mourning Awguster. Two shot while delivering Christmas gifts. Gimme a break.

EBT's for junk food. When I have to tell my kids that we can't afford ice cream and I am paying for the junk food, and things like a $300 wedding cake you buy with the EBT, yes I have a big problem. . I have errands to run today so I won't be here to defend this post but I have the utmost confidence in some regulars who can handle my light work.

Good morning SB4, WB, CG, Sarge, and what's her name. I gotta remember before I get in trouble:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 07:27 am
Goodam RKill...yep...I will

Goodam RKill...yep...I will defend you..I feel the same way----$300 for a wedding cake on ebt??Now that makes me mad.
Out of control with freebies.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 07:32 am
I'm sorry for all you Bass

I'm sorry for all you Bass Pro lovers---not good news---not even on the list anymore-----Gob's favorite store --& 4 1/2 miles from here.....also 2 Home Depots near & Lowes.....He makes 4 to 5 trips a day to HD...what is it about that store that attracts you guys so much?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 07:36 am
Also I want to thank all the

Also I want to thank all the big 18 wheelers on the road yesterday-----many on I-85 yesterday......some with Christmas designs on them...:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/26/11 - 07:55 am
If we told ya what was

If we told ya what was special about Lowe's Depot, you probably wouldn't let us go any more. It's a guy thing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 07:58 am
I hope it doesn't have

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the female reindeer!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/26/11 - 08:08 am
I didn't say anything about

I didn't say anything about dears.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 08:17 am
"Dears"....heheh

"Dears"....heheh

David Parker
David Parker 12/26/11 - 08:42 am
Just leave the EBT system

Just leave the EBT system alone right?

I'm sure it's fine and working per design. Nobody abuses it by purchasing junk food over nutritional items of sustence, and NOBODY absolutely doesn't sell their EBT dollars to others for pennies on the dollar. Just doesn't happen.

right?

proud2bamerican
proud2bamerican 12/26/11 - 09:13 am
Re the EBT card

Re the EBT card comments...where does this person think the money comes from for the EBT cards they use??? There should be a LOT more control over the use of them as well as financial counseling and accountability for how to quit living off of them!

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 09:21 am
Good Morning seenit &

Good Morning seenit & roadkill, Lowes!!! One of my most favorite stores.
Home Depot is okay; have boycotted the one in Augusta for the last 20 years, but since they opened one in Evans, I have been working on forgiveness for them. But Lowes, is the best.

iLove
iLove 12/26/11 - 09:24 am
EBT envy? Why not get upset

EBT envy?

Why not get upset with the sellers of the 300 dollar cake and the sellers of the junk food....your anger is ill placed...heck boycott their places of business until they sell what YOU want them to, if it's such a big deal.

Re: Your tax dollar.... Do we choose to pay taxes? In turn, do we choose where those tax dollars go?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 09:26 am
Just read about the honor

Just read about the honor killings of 3 teenage girls & 1st wife of Mohammad Shafia....a Toronto businessman from Afghanistan......he says his honor is more important than anything else in life---more important than life??

The daughters had disobeyed him....they wanted to date & were becoming more westernized...imagine that....they were normal teenage girls acting like a normal teen....why come to this country or any other country if you want to keep your 1600 year way of life??
We stopped burning women at the stake many years ago----why do we have to re-live insanity with anyone?
I'm sick of trying to understand insane laws from mid eastern newcomers------either adapt or LEAVE.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 09:28 am
Rant 1, It's not your

Rant 1, It's not your decision.
Rant 2, good advice.
Rant 3, Don't take that treatment. File a lien, go to small claims court, and change the way you do business; in the future only perform services with a written and signed contract. But DO NOT let that go!!
Rant 4 -7, for the most part, agreed.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/26/11 - 09:34 am
SeenIt, absolutely.

SeenIt, absolutely. Immigrants should be informed when they arrive that they have to leave the old, illegal ways behind.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 09:38 am
But River---no one listens to

But River---no one listens to us...we are blowing in the wind on here...just wasted keystrokes ....if only we had some "pull"..or knew someone important.....maybe WB is that someone...Hi WB!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/26/11 - 09:44 am
WB has power. She is

WB has power. She is connected. All you and I can do is throw out a few words and you know that means nothing. How many times have we been told to get out and do something if we believe something is wrong? Heh.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 09:52 am
Hey, River, how about that

Hey, River, how about that PM? (notice, no initials,not p.m. seenit!!) I don't know what it is, but I wanted to send him one. Check out my post before this one on another thread. It is 4U.

proud2bamerican
proud2bamerican 12/26/11 - 09:58 am
iLove..."EBT envy"?? Are you

iLove..."EBT envy"?? Are you kidding? I am so thankful that I do not have to use other people's money to pay my bills! There is NO envy there for me at all!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/26/11 - 10:01 am
Hey Willow. I left one email

Hey Willow. I left one email address on the CCNT under the last editorial, but you can also get another address from SeenIt. I'm on her email group thing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 10:05 am
RM...Be thankful that you are

RM...Be thankful that you are on my email list thingy------& you told me that email was just for ME!!
:)----I might share with her though----she is powerful.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 10:10 am
river, never did see your

river, never did see your post on CCNT, do you spend much time with that edition? Do you think we should? Interestingly, one of the regular posters on here, takes on a more open personality on that edition.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 10:12 am
U can trust me seenit:)

U can trust me seenit:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/26/11 - 10:15 am
Willow, the post is back up,

Willow, the post is back up, finally, under Barry's Dec. 21 CCNT column. You will like it, I believe. Ummm, I wonder what poster uses another open name over there? I'm getting some mail from folks whose names you would recognize, by the way.

nadps53jrt
nadps53jrt 12/26/11 - 10:20 am
If I see I have no traffic

If I see I have no traffic behind me and I see that there is a load of cars behind a vehicle turning left, I let them turn left. That is if I am turning right at same intersection and it is two-lanes not four.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/26/11 - 10:20 am
We try to save the world but

We try to save the world but will they listen---river & I both stay up at night just thinking of ways to make a difference---we pound our fingers on here everyday---we could be out making Millions..yaknow whattamean.

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind,
the answer is blowing in the wind.

How many years can a mountain exist,
before it is washed to the sea?
How many years can some people exist,
before they're allowed to be free?
And how many times can a man turn his head,
and pretend that he just doesn't see?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind,
the answer is blowing in the wind.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/26/11 - 10:22 am
Know what about this Scott

Know what about this Scott Dean thing since it's pretty much over for him? I really don't wish him 40 years or a severe penalty like that. What he did was bad, but it could have been much worse. Know what I mean?

He displayed a degree of public normalcy and could seek help. I guess what I'm saying is a few years would be fine, but I really don't think he deserves the maximum 40 years. How do y'all feel? What should the judge give him?

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/26/11 - 10:23 am
ilove, why would I have EBT

ilove, why would I have EBT envy. I don't. If they blow it on stupid food then that is their problem when they are hungry at the end of the month. Why would I get upset at the merchants because they are working to make a living. I just get upset when I and many others pull out cash to pay for what we worked for and the other person pulls out the free card that was given to them for doing nothing.

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 12/26/11 - 10:39 am
INRE Scott Dean. I had enough

INRE Scott Dean. I had enough concerns about the whole ordeal with the lying and so on, that I wouldn't go that harsh on him. Too many men have done time or been forcibly estranged from their children because of vindictive lies. I'm sure many more get away with it that are never reported, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/26/11 - 10:45 am
river, I don't know him. But

river, I don't know him. But I can say, from what I have seen, that I believe to be true, I don't like some of his behaviors and attitudes. After, the trial, I still have no idea what actually happened. I think allowing those two women to testify was wrong. I think he did something... I just don't know what . I have never met him. Don't know any of his family. And I would not be in favor of a long term sentence for him. I am in favor of long term mandatory counselling, registering as a sex offender, community service and probation. As to jail time, I just don't know.