Rants & Raves

Christmas Day comments from our readers:

I WOULD LIKE TO thank the gentleman who brought me and my wife a beautiful live Christmas tree to Redd Drive. We could not afford one this year. I pray God will bless you as we celebrate Jesus’ birthday. My faith in fellow man has been restored.

RAVES TO MISS EVA GENE HARRIS, of Harlem, Ga., one of the most kind, caring people you would ever want to meet. She always looks out for senior citizens. God bless her and her family.

SINCEREST THANKS to the fine couple dining at a local Chinese buffet. After you left the manager told me you had paid for my lunch. This older lady in the purple pullover thanks you very much. Next time it’s my turn!

I WOULD LIKE to thank the person who found my driver’s license and turned it over to the sheriff’s office. May God bless you and Merry Christmas.

HUGE RAVE TO Mike at the Richmond County tag office. You get it done, brother. Let’s rave everybody down there for the great work you do. You are professionals and it’s OK to need to go there. Thanks.

RAVE TO THE young lady who purchased my groceries for me at the North Augusta Bi-Lo. This is a perfect example of what this season of peace and goodwill toward men is all about. I would like to wish that young lady and her family a very Merry Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year.

A HUGE RAVE to the employees at Washington Road, Evans and Furys Ferry Publix for the wonderful Christmas party they hosted for the special-needs students at A. Brian Merry Elementary.

Your generosity and gift giving is very much appreciated by all of us. Merry Christmas!

A RAVE TO National Hills Elementary PTA volunteers and their fearless leader, Alexis Moss. My wife and I attended the school’s Christmas concert to enjoy our grandson and his school mates. The PTA volunteers worked constantly to make the night a success.

RAVE FOR Dr. David and the staff at Augusta Oncology. They have been beyond wonderful in helping me battle my cancer.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year to everyone reading this. To those of a different faith, Happy Holidays and Season’s Greetings, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Kwanzaa. That should about cover it all.

cytoranger
cytoranger 12/24/11 - 06:08 pm
It is heartwarming to see all

It is heartwarming to see all raves and no rants on this blessed eve of Christs birth. I now ask for a.favor.4 years ago I lost a grandson to intersitial pneumonitis he was.10weeks old and passed away ay our home sleeping while his daddy was.in Iraq. The.docs at a local military hospital missed his illnesses and sent m away the day before he passed. I now have another mancub o MCGs CMCC with many of the same symptoms. I need prayer. Prayer I don't lost my faith in Gods power and prayer he will survive and come home healthy. This grandpa baby take another loss and. Neither can my family. It's hard for me to be the shoulder and not break down right now God strenghten my heart so the.kids don't see the fear in my eyes. Again, please pray for us and .Christmas miracle. Thanks.to all and have a.BLESSED Christ mass.

allhans
allhans 12/25/11 - 10:45 am
This is a terribly sad

This is a terribly sad article but confusing. Thank God the child is improving.

happychimer
happychimer 12/24/11 - 06:43 pm
ranger I am praying for your

ranger I am praying for your family and your grandbaby.I know you are hurting a lot. Try to be positive, and know that others do care, even if we don't know you.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 12/24/11 - 08:21 pm
Prayers are powerful, Ranger!

Prayers are powerful, Ranger! Never give up hope. You have my prayers as well!

cytoranger
cytoranger 12/24/11 - 09:18 pm
Thanks to all for prayers.

Thanks to all for prayers. Much appreciated

happychimer
happychimer 12/24/11 - 11:26 pm
ranger keep us updated.

ranger keep us updated.

cytoranger
cytoranger 12/25/11 - 12:29 am
Thanks.to all went to church

Thanks.to all went to church tonight and.asked the big guy.for a little help Got a call while I was there . My son said they.took our little mancub off O2 and he was doing ok without it. Praying the miracle continues. I told God I couldn't bare to lose another gramdchild . I think he heard me. Keep praying guys and thanks for the support. I'll post again soon. Cytoranger out.

happychimer
happychimer 12/25/11 - 01:07 am
ranger YEAH!!!

ranger YEAH!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/25/11 - 03:50 am
MERRY CHRISTMAS AMERICA and

MERRY CHRISTMAS AMERICA and to all my AC friends that I have meet or not meet. I want to thank B4, WB, Literallyamerian, KSL and eagle for the words of support which makes sad moments in life a little easier. I wasn't looking for it when I posted and in a way feel bad that I did. I was lucky enough to see your post befor you pulled it, Augustanative1969 and took it in no other way than from a person with a good heart.

BUT

Today is Christmas, a day to remember and show love to our Lord Jesus, A day to place all hate aside, A day to be with families and friends and be happy for all the good that he has given us, A day to look at all the bad things in our lives as the road he has chosen for us to meet him.

I just may open up and partake in a few shots of my rare "Reserve XL" and Wish you all a Happy Christmas Day.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/25/11 - 03:53 am
My Heart, feelings and

My Heart, feelings and prayers are with you, Ranger.

Trouble
Trouble 12/25/11 - 06:33 am
Merry Christmas to all.

Merry Christmas to all. Ranger, your family and especially your grandson are in my prayers this Christmas.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 12/25/11 - 07:46 am
Merry Christmas to

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers for your Grandson Ranger............................................

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/25/11 - 08:34 am

Hey ....you are living in DIXIE.....what more do you want for Christmas....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/25/11 - 08:41 am
So CG has been holding out on

So CG has been holding out on us with his "rare" Reserve XL....heheheh

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/25/11 - 09:02 am
Now GOB is feeling a little

Now GOB is feeling a little guilty about the pretend checks we gave each other 2 days ago----I said--ok---instead of $500.00 checks--let's just say we gave each other $10,000.00 & maybe he would feel better...he went back to bed to think about that one.... :)
Sooo while he is thinking I'll be cooking the rest of the veggies---cleaning--etc.---in a little while----now I'm thinking I should take advantage of his guilty feeling .....maybe.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/25/11 - 09:08 am
Funny how GOB & the dog get

Funny how GOB & the dog get up & go right back to bed at the same time....they are soooo much alike!

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/25/11 - 09:21 am
CG, "Reserve XL", bourbon?

CG, "Reserve XL", bourbon? Not familiar with it. Merry Christmas.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/25/11 - 09:34 am
CG, Merry Christmas and to

CG, Merry Christmas and to all the other regulars. Since I decided to start to drink a little after my year off the booze, I've discovered Pinot Noir wine. I had never liked wine in the past, but this works for me. A friend even explained the right way to pronounce it to me.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/25/11 - 09:48 am
justthefacts, Crown Royal

justthefacts, Crown Royal sold their last barrel of the Reserve XL for $180.00 per bottle. Now they have only Crown Royal, Crown Royal Black and Crown Royal Reserve.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/25/11 - 09:50 am
Riverman, just say P No More

Riverman, just say P No More and you will be close enough, Merry Chirstmas.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/25/11 - 09:52 am
CG, ha...yep. I'm too

CG, ha...yep. I'm too Southern to say something like that outloud, though. It would come out wrong and I might be cussing them out in French or something.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/25/11 - 09:54 am
PNoMore------at first I

PNoMore------at first I thought you were talking about bathroom trips made at night---heheh----come up with a solution for THAT & make a fortune.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/25/11 - 09:55 am
SeenIt, LOL. Now that was

SeenIt, LOL. Now that was good.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/25/11 - 09:56 am
Okay...actually it is said

Okay...actually it is said like this: P-NO Nawh, I think. Sort of the way people in New Orleans say Nawlins.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/25/11 - 09:58 am
OK CG thanks, learn something

OK CG thanks, learn something new everyday. Scotch man myself...and wine...and yes, beer. But, always have some Crown around the house. Please tell me you won't mix it with Diet Coke....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/25/11 - 10:00 am
Just give me a martini or

Just give me a martini or Budlight---I know how to say that...It would take tooo long to say the other.:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/25/11 - 10:14 am
I have a feeling SeenIt is

I have a feeling SeenIt is going to get a little liquored up at our Chronicle get together.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/25/11 - 10:24 am
RM.....If I do you all would

RM.....If I do you all would send me thankyou notes the next day-----:).........but I have to save myself.....will be seeing family later in day.....another get-together w/drinks..
but 1 day-----maybe CGee will plan a get together at his shooting range-----we can shoot-drink-cuss-& yeehaw..LOL

seenitB4