Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I AGREE ABOUT stray animals but I have more of an issue with pesky children who come and go onto others property. Definitely up to no good most of the time. Keep them in your yard. They don’t need to irritate other people.

THANK YOU FOR for printing the pro-Occupy guest editorial in Monday’s paper. Even if you disagree with the Occupy movement, it is good to listen to their logic, and then you can reject it with knowledge of their point of view. I definitely support the printing of alternate points of view on the editorial page of any newspaper.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN: Belair Road and Washington Road, people turn left on red lights when green arrows are in my lane. You missed dying by six inches.

WHERE CAN ONE FIND the schedule for concerts at the new Columbia County amphitheater? How often will they be scheduled? Who knows? The check’s been signed and deposited by someone. Who?

INTERIM FIRE CHIEF Chris James has spent his career here in Augusta. He knows the bad, the good and the ugly and has not shied away from making hard decisions necessary to correct a multitude of problems. He is qualified, caring, competent and educated, hard working dedicated, and honest. We already have in house, the best man for the job.

RAVE TO THE person in the red car ahead of me in the drive-through at the West Town McDonald’s for paying for my order on Saturday morning. I paid for the person behind me and hope the spirit of Christmas continued.

TO THE RANTER about cats in their yard: Your rant was something to see at Christmas. Did you stop to think the cats that come in your yard might need help or be hungry or lost? Have you ever looked at a tag and called anyone about their cat?

IT IS SUCH A traumatic and sad time now that former Mayor Scott Dean is in all this trouble. It is a sad day in Harlem. I have seen him in town, and he is always respectful to me. He even offered me a ride. He and his family are just wonderful people. God can forgive us. Even if he did this he can still be forgiven by God. I hope the judge will have some leniency and mercy on him.

GOV. NIKKI HALEY does not speak for the entire State of South Carolina regarding the next president of the United States.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/22/11 - 07:25 pm
I didn't write the first

I didn't write the first rant, but I feel your pain, so to speak. I had to put up no trespassing signs to deal with people, minors and adults, that don't understand what boundary lines, fences and locked gates are for.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 07:38 am
I agree the Chief knows the

I agree the Chief knows the good -bad & the ugly.....heh....maybe the reason they are looking elsewhere.
Yeh...I hate it when pets mess in my yard----but walking through no problem....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 07:41 am
Just wondering---if a person

Just wondering---if a person comes in your locked backyard & gets hurt----by dog or falls & breaks leg----would you the homeowner be responsible?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/11 - 08:57 am
A rant for those who have

A rant for those who have others give them their vacation time so they can enjoy more time off at Christmas. These selfish people cajole others until they finally give in. I mean who doesn't like time off? Do they think those with the vacation time won't eventually use it? The height of selfishness.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 12/23/11 - 09:01 am
Good Morning sceenit and

Good Morning sceenit and River, River I followed you to CCNT, but didn't get why you invited us over? Clarify. ("There's that word again", H.Cain) Ya'll behave today and here's why.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWv72L4wgCc

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/11 - 09:08 am
Good morning, Willow. Sorry

Good morning, Willow. Sorry for the confusion, but my post on the CCNT got pulled again when I tried to correct a typo. I suppose the filter gets it for some reason. It's kind of a lengthy post. Maybe it will show up again later today. I actually answered you over there.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 09:21 am
Hiya WB..... It is more fun

Hiya WB.....
It is more fun being naughty......Santa has delivered already....heh

Yesterday Gob & I just said ........Instead of buying gifts or giving $$$...why don't we just pretend that you gave me a fat check & I gave the same amount to you....so yesterday we cancelled out a $500. check to each other w/o actually writing a check...soooo now I feel rich with my own money in the bank....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 09:27 am
Only along time married

Only along time married couple would understand that logic.....
& if you saw the traffic around the malls here...you would say Way ToGo!

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 12/23/11 - 10:07 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 10:19 am
wonders..They should have

wonders..They should have thrown him in jail right away...I have a French friend & she says things are crazy with the nonesense like that..
coming soon to a neighborhood near you Americans!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 10:21 am
Did anyone see ABC news last

Did anyone see ABC news last night-----thousands thanking Americans for buyng USA products....they now have a job thanks to Americans buying American goods.

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/23/11 - 10:28 am
You'se and your cat exuses:

You'se and your cat exuses: Keep them in YOUR yard ONLY!!!!!!

David Parker
David Parker 12/23/11 - 10:52 am
Yard Kitty say ROAR!!!!

Yard Kitty say ROAR!!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/11 - 11:46 am
To the cat ranter: You could

To the cat ranter: You could no more keep a cat in your own yard than you could keep Mayor Copenhaver-Boardman in Augusta when there's trouble here.

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 12/23/11 - 12:00 pm
Seenit, I've said it before

Seenit, I've said it before and say it again; I wish there was an easy database that cross referenced products made in America, or at least benefitted American workers (example: a product assembled in China from parts made in America). You could type in TV and it would give you the brands that involved American workers.
Wouldn't it be neat if manufacturers just put a big red dot or something on the package that indicates American made.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to favor American junk over foreign quality, but I would like to give my fellow citizens all the support I can.

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 12/23/11 - 12:28 pm
S

S

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/11 - 12:11 pm
I'm doing my share, only

I'm doing my share, only California wines since I started drinking again. Nothing from France. Maybe some Georgia peach wine now and then, but nothing foreign. Quality is debatable and in the eye of the beholder. If a Ludowici wine is available who needs a Bordeaux?

Pu239
Pu239 12/23/11 - 12:26 pm
ahhh.....a magnum of

ahhh.....a magnum of Ludowici's finest....a mess of biscuits......and my faithful companion phydeaux!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/11 - 12:44 pm
Pu239, ah the company of

Pu239, ah the company of faithful phydeaux as you swirl the Ludowici, capturing its bouquet, while staring out at the sailboats on Thurmond Lake. Who needs foreign anything?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 01:05 pm
Why is it some live up to

Why is it some live up to their posting name & some don't??

just wondering out loud......like river lives up to his---coablt does too---but some with sweet titles.....just don't.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/23/11 - 01:23 pm
I live up to mine. I am

I live up to mine. I am headed to the house for Christmas. If ya don't get outta my way, you just may be......................me!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 01:23 pm
Cgee....I like to be around

Cgee....I like to be around loving people---don't you?

Not just folks who talk the talk----but folks who walk the walk....

You know sometimes loving people come in all flavors-shapes & sizes...their actions make their point day after day....we have many on here...some do good deeds all the time & we seldom hear about it..
like you for instance.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/23/11 - 01:24 pm
Seriously, I try to drive

Seriously, I try to drive safely all the time. After all, the idea is to get home.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/23/11 - 01:32 pm
itsanotherday, This is for

itsanotherday, This is for you.

The whole world is scared of China made 'black hearted goods'. Can you differentiate which one is made in the USA , Philippines , Taiwan or China ? Let me tell you how... the first 3 digits of the barcode is the country code wherein the product was made.

Sample all barcodes that start with 690.691.692 until 695 are all MADE IN CHINA.

This is our human right to know, but the government and related department never educate the public, therefore we have to RESCUE ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products 'made in china', so they don't show from which country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the barcode, remember if the first 3 digits is 690-695 then it is Made in China .

00 ~ 13 USA & CANADA
30 ~ 37 FRANCE
40 ~ 44 GERMANY
49 ~ JAPAN
50 ~ UK
57 ~ Denmark
64 ~ Finland
76 ~ Switzerland and Lienchtenstein
471 is Made in Taiwan (see sample below)
628 ~ Saudi-Arabien
629 ~ United Arab Emirates
740 ~ 745 - Central America

All 480 Codes are Made in the Philippines.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 01:37 pm
RK....you can love your way

RK....you can love your way in/out of everything...:)
Gotta go---cooking a ham for GOB.....& you know how you guys can be when hungry----
btw we have out grown the small meeting room at Raes...we have been bumped up to the big dining room on the left as you walk in.....come if you are interested ---meeting of the minds..meeting of the brains...comics...and entertainers...:0 seeya'll later

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/23/11 - 01:41 pm
Part of the problem with

Part of the problem with foreign goods starts with our own government and the "free trade" agreements. Look at NAFTA which stated that Mexican drivers could pickup and deliver freight in the US of A. If they weren't allowed to the Mexican government was going to charge tariffs of up to 50% on goods going south. Well now, if the US of A would just put a 50% tariff on goods headed north I wonder just how fast GM (Government Motors) would have moved that load of car engines I just delivered back to a factory here. Don't take my word for it. Obviously you have access to a computer, look it up.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 12/23/11 - 05:33 pm
cobalt the bar code post is a

cobalt the bar code post is a mixture of true and false. Look it up.

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/23/11 - 09:02 pm
An update to another article,

An update to another article, just in case there are those who don't see it. Concerning the article Kelly Jasper wrote about the church paying towards or off completely layaways and for those so adamant about the church broadcasting their "good deeds". According to Ms. Jasper, the store (Reuben's) contacted the AC to report such a wonderful thing, not the church. So before you condemn the church or the Christians who are out there showing the Love of Christ, please get the facts straight first.

cytoranger
cytoranger 12/23/11 - 09:26 pm
As I read these rants I was

As I read these rants I was amazed at how trivial they are on comparrsion to the tragedies that are present all around us. My daughter intrupted my reading to tell me a.story. a young couple she knows found an 8 yo girl sleeping on the streets in the harrisburg neighborhood. She was sleeping with 4 dogs to stay warm. It seems her mom is a method addict and no where to be found. They took the child home and filed a report. They are going to keep her and care for her. These things are all around us everyday, right here, right now. Now, do blinkers and cats in your precious yard seem so major now.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 12/23/11 - 09:52 pm
ranger that is so sad.My

ranger that is so sad.My heart goes out to that little girl.Is there any way any of us can help?