Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A RANT to the people that block Gordon Highway trying to get onto Fort Gordon. Stop it! There are three inbound lanes. Use the far right lane to get out of the way then merge when that lane runs out. Other people are trying to get to work, too.

DEATHS IN SYRIA are now over 5,000. How many more deaths will have to take place before the world reacts to stop this carnage? It’s time for the USA to show some real leadership in the matter.

DR. CONRAD MURRAY received the maximum sentence of four years for the involuntary manslaughter of Michael Jackson. I think the judge should have sentenced him to two years and Michael Jackson to two years because both were responsible for his death.

THERE ARE MORE than 11,000 lobbyists in Washington. Lobbyists for defense contractors give campaign contributions to senators and representatives. Moreover, America has fought five undeclared wars, but Congress did not approve funding to pay the expenses.

PHOOEY. DEMOCRATS in D.C. are whining about tax cuts. They are only attempting to garner votes. If they remain in office during 2013, the tax and spend mentality will be uncontrollable.

IN REGARD TO the person who called Augusta Cares complaining about a dog chained to a tree without shelter: Call Animal Control. It is the law that the dog has shelter.

I AM APPALLED TO see teachers let children release balloons. They pollute God’s landscape, rivers, lakes, ponds and creeks. They kill fish, birds, wildlife and domestic animals who think they are edible. Please stop this practice.

A HUGE RANT to Richmond County for towing the vehicles of hunters parked well beyond the federal DOT guidelines on the side of Bobby Jones Expressway while hunting in Phinizy Swamp. According to the way the Georgia Code is written, in this case, it is only illegal Richmond County posted the signs.

HAVE YOU NOTICED that the gas pipe line runs from Alaska straight through the United States and goes to the Gulf of Mexico? The politicians plan on shipping our oil to foreign countries and keep America dependent on Arabian nations.

SHARE YOUR OPINION with other newspaper readers. Call the Rants & Raves line at (706) 823-3397, fax your comments to (706) 722-7403 or send an e-mail to newsroom@augustachronicle.com.

carcraft
carcraft 12/22/11 - 06:43 am
To the last person ranting,

To the last person ranting, the pipeline runs to the gulf because that is where most of America's refining capacity is located. The truth of the matter is the US has not built a new oil refinery since 1976, and I doubt under Obama you could get one built today so or processing capacity is stagnant. http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/analysis_publications/oil_marke...

wickedtimes
wickedtimes 12/22/11 - 07:21 am
Why is the Chronicle NOT

Why is the Chronicle NOT writing about female sex offenders? Did you know that women get less time (if any) in jail for sexual crimes against a child. What is that? I would really like to see a story about why women are not held to the same standard as men.

There is a female sex offender going to trial 01.09.2012 does Augusta know this? Has this paper written anything about her? Remember Augusta? The woman in Burke County sexually assaulting a student....she lives in Augusta! Do you have sons?

I hope to read about this court case. It should not be swept under the rug because she is a woman.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/11 - 07:48 am
Warning for Men! > Clever

Warning for Men!
> Clever Scam...warn your friends!!
> This is very serious stuff!
> Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and
> in dark parking lots, etc. this is the first warning I have seen for men.
> I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it. This will only
> become more commonplace as the holidays get closer. This is a 'heads up'
> for those men who may be regular Lowe's, Home Depot, or Sams Club
> customers. This one caught me by surprise.
> Over the last couple weeks I became a victim of a clever scam while out
> shopping.
> Simply going out to get some simple Christmas gifts has turned out to be
> quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to
> you or your friends.
> Here's how the scam works:
> Two seriously good-looking 20-something girls come over to your car
> dressed as Santas Helpers as you are packing your shopping into the trunk.
> They both start helping you pack your stuff into your vehicle. What
> catches your eye is the very short bright Red Santa helper miniskirts they
> are wearing and the tight fitting Deep neck red top shirt with their
> breasts almost falling out. It is impossible not to look.
> When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask
> you for a ride to McDonalds to get some hot cocoa and a snack.
> You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start
> undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts
> crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet. I had my
> wallet stolen Nov 24th, 26th 28th 29th, 30th, twice on Dec 1st, 2nd, and
> 3rd, and very likely again this upcoming weekend.
> So tell your friends to be careful!! What a horrible way to take
> advantage of older men during this holiday season. Warn your friends to
> be vigilant. These girls will not give up, they have proven it over and
> over again with me.
> By the way, Target has wallets on sale for $2.99 each. I found cheaper
> ones at Wal-Mart for $1.99 and bought them out.
> Also, you will never get to eat at McDonald's. I've already lost 14
> pounds just running back and forth to Lowe's, Home Depot, Sam's Club,
> Wal-Mart, and Target.
> So please, send this along to all the men that you know, and warn them
> to be on the lookout for this scam.
> (The best times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)
> BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
Now we all know who needs the warning on here---don't we..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/11 - 08:02 am
Speaking of hunting..... I

Speaking of hunting.....

I had a very neat email about wild deer...
It seems 4 wild young bucks were lost swimming in the icey cold waters up in North Alaska ..... they had been swimming forever.....they spotted a sight seeing boat & circled it with urgent-desperate eyes...asking for help......the Captain had never seen anything like it------the Captain released the side ramp & they all climbed aboard---exhausted & sunkdown on the boat in a heap.....grateful to be alive.......he released them on the land dock (far away from this) & off they went looking
back as saying thank you...there were pictures of this as it happened ---wish I could put that on here...I'll try

Trouble
Trouble 12/22/11 - 08:09 am
ok people, it is time that we

ok people, it is time that we all band together to stop all the senseless destruction being wrought upon this wonderful planet by all these evil balloons. everyone grab something sharp and follow me......

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/11 - 08:20 am
Good am

Good am trouble...heheheh----I'll bust all the balloons up this way---GOB sez I'm good at busting his balloon...heh

Trouble
Trouble 12/22/11 - 08:23 am
morning seenit

morning seenit

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/11 - 09:24 am

The link with pics of the deer....it seems humans aren't the only ones with unruly teens...

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 12/22/11 - 09:30 am
Morning seenit, quite on

Morning seenit, quite on here this a.m.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 12/22/11 - 09:30 am
Did you check out Rae's for

Did you check out Rae's for Wednesday? I have two rsvp's.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/11 - 09:37 am
Hi WB......I have reserved a

Hi WB......I have reserved a room for Wed 1130am.....thanks to all for responding ......:)

justthefacts
19951
justthefacts 12/22/11 - 09:49 am
"Former President Jimmy

"Former President Jimmy Carter has sent North Korea a message of condolence over the death of Kim Jong-il and wished "every success" to the man expected to take over as dictator, according to the communist country's state-run news agency." Surely this is just N. Korean propaganda...right??

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/22/11 - 09:55 am
To all the ranters about the

To all the ranters about the traffic/driving habits in Awguster. Come ride with me a couple of weeks. You will soon see Awguster is no worse than any other are. Bad news is it isn't any better either. Find a new subject to repeat daily for a while.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/22/11 - 09:59 am
And good morning to all my

And good morning to all my girlfriends, especially....um.......errr........ahem.......ahh....... I'm gonna be in TROUBLE if I can't remember her name, y'all say a prayer for me.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 12/22/11 - 10:04 am
Good am Roadkill, you can

Good am Roadkill, you can request prayer from us, but you can't have control over what we pray!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/11 - 10:05 am
RK....I have to hand it

RK....I have to hand it toya...you make all feel special..:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/22/11 - 10:09 am
And I should be home Wed,

And I should be home Wed, expect at least one party crasher.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/22/11 - 10:10 am
WARNING: Ladies, I is a

WARNING: Ladies, I is a hugger!!!

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/22/11 - 10:10 am
See ya at lunch seenit

See ya at lunch seenit

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/22/11 - 10:11 am
Why does the US have to do

Why does the US have to do something for Syria. Let them worry about themselvs. We have enough to worry about.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/11 - 10:12 am
And1 of the best huggers I've

And1 of the best huggers I've ever hugged!!...Hope to seeya..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/11 - 10:13 am
Thanks JRC!

Thanks JRC!

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 12/22/11 - 10:14 am
jtf, former President Carter

jtf, former President Carter has over stepped his bounds since he was booted out of the WH. We can only hope future exiting presidents don't take a page from his playbook.

I do like what Franklin Graham had to say on Fox last night. The problem being, who is the best person (s) to extend the invitation and have that dialogue with him. It is certainly a matter of utmost importance and the timing is now.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/22/11 - 10:20 am
Well, it ain't Jimmy

Well, it ain't Jimmy

justthefacts
19951
justthefacts 12/22/11 - 10:25 am
Willow, I know, overstepping

Willow, I know, overstepping bounds is one thing. But, expressing sorrow over Kim Jong-i's death? Of course, this hasn't been verified by President Carter's people.

TheArmyWife
TheArmyWife 12/22/11 - 10:26 am
seenitB4, thank you for the

seenitB4, thank you for the laugh! Ranter #1, I watched it happen every weekday morning for two years. They will not stop unless they get a very expensive ticket or (better) revoke their on-post driving privilege for thirty days if caught creating gridlock. Arrogance abounds at Fort Gordon.

boomhauer
boomhauer 12/22/11 - 10:50 am
Re: DEATHS IN SYRIA... Ok

Re: DEATHS IN SYRIA...
Ok every time we (USA) get involved we get trashed and bashed by other third world countries that hate us unless we're giving them money. Frankly I think it's time we (USA) stop playing world police. Furthermore, we (USA) have our own problems that we need to tend too. There are other countries in the UN that can step in if needed in Syria or any other place in this world.

Thank you very much!

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 12/22/11 - 10:57 am
jtf, you know one thing for

jtf, you know one thing for us to consider is that the son might actually be relieved. Daddy isn't a tyrant at work and then suddenly becomes all warm and fuzzy at home. I haven't read anything about the son, hoping and praying that he is not looking forward to following in the same footsteps. You know everything about Daddys' rule was based on tremendous fear. So the son, is ripe, for healthier relationships.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/22/11 - 10:59 am
This is the way foreign aid

This is the way foreign aid SHOULD work. Instead of the "undocumented workers" sending a check to a foreign country to aid their family, they should send a check the the US government to help pay for all the free stuff they get.