The grant presentations were made during a ceremony Wednesday at Beasley Broadcasting. The charities that received grants are:
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Augusta
• Center for New Beginnings
• Child Enrichment
• Children’s Miracle Network
• Children’s Place Inc.
• Easter Seals East Georgia Inc.
• Georgia-Carolina Council of Boy Scouts
• Junior Achievement of Georgia Inc.-Augusta district
• Julie’s House
• Storyland Theatre Inc.
• The 12 Bands of Christmas
• The Community Foundation of the CSRA
• United Way of the CSRA
• Walton Foundation for Independence
Border Bash, Augusta’s annual pep rally before the University of Georgia-University of South Carolina football game, has raised more than $600,000 for local charities since starting 18 years ago, Simmons said.
– LaTina Emerson,