Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

CONGRATULATIONS to the coaching staff and to the young men of the Burke County High School football team for an incredible victory in the Class AAA championship game!

Congratulations are also due to the cheerleaders, advisers and parents. Additionally, of all the halftime performances, the Burke County band was the best I saw; I was able to hear and recognize the songs being performed.

I do not live in Burke County, but I was very proud for the school, the families, the fans and of the support shown by the residents of Waynesboro and surrounding area.

Well done! You did the CSRA proud!

TO THE PERSON WHO has a barking dog in Sumter Landing: Please shut him up.

AS I WAS driving into North Augusta I witnessed a young mother driving a black Honda. In the back seat were two child seats occupied by very young children. As I rode alongside the Honda I observed the mother texting all the way into town.

I tried to alert her to stop and concentrate on her driving and protect her children. She totally ignored my warning and went back to her addiction of texting.

I wonder what she will have to say when she plows into the back of a stopped vehicle and her children are hurtled through the windshield?

LOCAL BUSINESS would be more successful if they were open hours when people could use them. If I work 8 to 5 and you are open 8 to 5, then I can’t go to your hardware store, dry cleaners, ink refiller, etc. Maybe be open 11 - 7 and you will have more business.

RON ‘GRINCH’ CROSS just needs to go. He and all the good ole boys in Columbia County. There are more outsiders who live there and need to take over with experience from military, government and other fields.

I SAW A driver run the red light at Belair and Washington roads when I had the green arrow. I don’t expect cars to be running the red light from their side. I would have lived; you and your kids would be dead.

DOES THIS NEWSPAPER not know that there are many Georgia Southern fans and alumni in the CSRA?

They are advancing to the football playoffs and they get one article on page 8!

UGA gets three front-page articles this week, two of which are about the tailback position. We would like to have some front-page coverage on our Eagles.

painfully honest
painfully honest 12/17/11 - 11:08 pm
To the third ranter, you

To the third ranter, you should spend more time paying attention to the road and less time being nosey. What if you would have rear-ended a car while trying to bark orders while driving down the road.

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 12/18/11 - 01:56 am
What did the Richmond County

What did the Richmond County Board of Education attorney do to earn $608K in legal fees in FY2011, a budget year during which all teachers were furloughed and instructional supply budgets were cut?

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 12/18/11 - 04:21 am
Craig, pretty much the same

Craig, pretty much the same thing who always does...tells them they need to study it more, take the safe route, dumb down discipline and education, etc. His legal fees are an absurd waste of our tax dollars.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 08:06 am

It's so hard to wake you folks in the morning....
Maybe this showman can do it!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/18/11 - 09:53 am
I completely agree that the

I completely agree that the coverage of Ga Southern in the play-offs was slim. Especially last week.

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/18/11 - 12:03 pm
ANY cellphone use, in a

ANY cellphone use, in a moving vehicle, needs OUTLAWED, Nationwide.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/18/11 - 12:08 pm
Good morning Awguster

Good morning Awguster

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 12:53 pm
Good am to you RK..... I'm

Good am to you RK.....

I'm reading the AJC & it sez we have a good possibility of a 3rd party bid in the election next year....wellwellwell....Bloomberg & Patreaus......Trump & ????

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 12:58 pm
Ron Paul & Trump could be the

Ron Paul & Trump could be the odd couple.....

or maybe we can convince Riverman to run with Trump....heheehh

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 12/18/11 - 01:37 pm
"ANY cellphone use, in a

"ANY cellphone use, in a moving vehicle, needs OUTLAWED, Nationwide."

Let's don't stop there. Outlaw applying makeup, combing hair, cigarette smoking, eating, drinking, tuning the radio, hauling kids and pets; and all other possibilities of distracted driving. Oh wait! We ALREADY have laws to address that, let's just enforce them!

allhans
allhans 12/18/11 - 01:49 pm
I know that Patreaus is a

I know that Patreaus is a Republican but isn't Bloomberg a Democrat?
A third party run will mean a definite win for Obama. I don't believe that Trump is serious but with Ron Paul, who in the heck knows what the man might do.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/18/11 - 02:07 pm
I thought it hilarious, that

I thought it hilarious, that Trump couldn't get enough of the candidates interested in his debate. What an egotists. Good for Huntsman in setting the pace and putting him in his place. Very telling of Trump's character regarding his explanation and attitude upon calling it off. He's never wrong and it's always all about him.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 12/18/11 - 02:08 pm
IMHO The Chronicle continues

bjphysics
bjphysics 12/18/11 - 03:13 pm
JohnRandolphHardisonCain: “IM

JohnRandolphHardisonCain:

“IMHO The Chronicle continues to languish because of its rigid, ideological editorial policy and because of lack of creative innovation in its online edition. If the entire operation folded we would not miss anything except local news coverage. The Chronicle's failure of vision to make itself a vital source of news and informed opinion for denizens of this area as well as for those with connections to this area is regrettable. The powers that be at The Chronicle have nobody to blame but themselves. I find today's online edition nearly worthless.”

The Augusta Chronicle is either inherently conservative, targeting a conservative audience, or both. What marketing data do you have to show targeting and/or appealing to a conservative demographic is a bad business plan for them? If you don’t have this data your humble opinion lacks foundation.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 03:17 pm
Cain....Why oh why do you

Cain....Why oh why do you lower yourself to even come online here??

.....I kinda like it myself...I'm sure there are other papers that might interest you...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 03:20 pm
I have just finished the big

I have just finished the big fat AJC paper today-----& there is a big article about JamesBrown.....it says that in Augusta at the exhibit for Brown that the guide will only say that Brown is buried BUT not where...

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/18/11 - 03:27 pm
SeenIt, thanks, but the whole

SeenIt, thanks, but the whole thing was weird. They kept him in that room, the undertaker said was cooled down for a very long time. I don't remember him ever actually being buried. Maybe someone still has him?

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 12/18/11 - 03:32 pm
From today's AC story: "To

From today's AC story: "To prepare the home to become a museum, family members are completing repairs. They’re still deciding on major details, such as where to place Brown’s remains, which are now at an above-ground, two-tiered mausoleum in the yard of Brown-Thomas’ home"

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 03:43 pm
What a year---what a

What a year---what a year....

ThePrince was married..
Oprah left the building--(show )
Elizabeth Taylor died & her jewels were sold for $$$$$$
Cain was canned..
Trumps hair was swept over even more..
Beyonce got pregg
Tiger won one
KimK was married & then poofed--maybe not..
We had at least 3 top runners in the Rep.debates..
Perry proved he isn't a good debater..(goodlooking but not a debater)
Gingrich is still puffed up about himself
Obama is still in the WH

last but not least---Riverman didn't get canned from here...wow

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/18/11 - 03:49 pm
Last ranter will be pleased

Last ranter will be pleased to see that Ga Southern got front page, premium spot, coverage in today's paper.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 03:56 pm
Do you know we send

Do you know we send approximately 107 trillion emails each year & 89% of them are spam...unless demand starts leveling off the outages will continue....today I have had more outages than ever...I may have to use the phone...or wait for these busybodies to go to work tomorrow..

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 03:59 pm
Also we need 280,000 new

Also we need 280,000 new jobs each MONTH for 5 years to get back to pre-recession levels......
Ok...someone tell me why didn't we see them go away at that rate???

sassylassie
sassylassie 12/18/11 - 04:07 pm
RaveS to the carolers at the

RaveS to the carolers at the Augusta airport Sunday afternoon. You were appreciated and sounded beautiful!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/18/11 - 04:14 pm
Spam is great... fried with

Spam is great... fried with cheese.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 12/18/11 - 07:08 pm
JRHC sez; "I find today's

JRHC sez; "I find today's online edition nearly worthless."

Must be worth something, or you wouldn't post here!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 12/18/11 - 07:10 pm
RK, don't forget the onions!

RK, don't forget the onions!

KSL
KSL 12/18/11 - 09:00 pm
I don't particularly like the

I don't particularly like the NY Times, so I don't read it.

SC Speaker Harrell quits, pleas guilty

COLUMBIA - Suspended South Carolina House Speaker Bobby Harrell has pleaded guilty to six campaign fiance violations and agreed to resign from office.