Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHY DO SO MANY people here drive in the fast lane when they’re not passing anyone? Even with several cars behind them, most people absolutely refuse to move into the right lane to let them pass. This is driving 101, people. Please be courteous to your fellow drivers and move over.

PARENTS, PLEASE STOP smoking around your babies! It’s not fair to them and they stay sick all the time.

HOW CAN EVERYTHING KEEP going up except your paycheck?

IN RESPONSE TO the person “enjoying” and advocating the provocative dancing by the high school marching bands. It’s no wonder there is so much lust in this world. It is rather disgusting, and people like you wonder why there are a lot of teens having sex and getting pregnant. I think the parents that allow their kids to go out dressing like that and acting like that ought to be held accountable.

BIG RANT TO the blonde driving a white SUV at Barney’s Pharmacy on Peach Orchard. You kept sitting so I thought you wanted my parking space, then when I started to back out you laid on the horn. When I come up beside you at the light I saw the problem, a cell phone stuck to your ear.

RAVE TO WESTMINSTER for the way they handled the on-campus sex abuse. They could have handled things “in house”, but chose the right way by calling in the police. Two lives will never be the same, but the school did the right thing. If only Penn State and Syracuse were this smart and ethical.

IF MY TAX DOLLARS are going to stabilize Europe, then I want Scotland.

IS IT POSSIBLE PEOPLE quit buying houses because there are just too many houses?

A GIANT RAVE to The Augusta Chronicle. I missed my paper delivery Dec.1, called, and had it within 30 minutes. Thank you a bunch.

I’D RATHER BE cold on a motorcycle than warm in a car.

HILLARY, RUN AGAIN; you’ve got my vote.

cytoranger
cytoranger 12/13/11 - 09:26 pm
While I'd rather see Hillary

While I'd rather see Hillary than Barack, I would prefer just about anybody than the nobody weave now. I prefer a solid strong willed ethical conservative. That being said and knowing its a total pipe dream ,with.Cain out I am left with Meet so there is where ky boyd goes. I would also lobe it if Pelvis.and Reid would drivel up and fade.away. They are a lot of what's wrong with this country right now. Go home and party with Barney Frank so we can start rebuilding this once great country.

cytoranger
cytoranger 12/13/11 - 09:29 pm
While I'd rather see Hillary

While I'd rather see Hillary than Barack, I would prefer just about anybody than the nobody we have now. I prefer a solid strong willed ethical conservative. That being said and knowing its a total pipe dream ,with.Cain out I am left with Newt so there is where my vote goes. I would also love it if Pelosi and Reid would dry up and fade.away. They are a lot of what's wrong with this country right now. Go home and party with Barney Frank so we can start rebuilding this once great country.

Patty-P
Patty-P 12/13/11 - 10:05 pm
Rant 1: I drive in the fast

fftaz71
fftaz71 12/13/11 - 10:40 pm
If you want Hilary, go to

If you want Hilary, go to NY...but make sure you go to NYC because she sure hasnt done much for the rest of the state. I can say this b/c I am a NY resident. She only got the senator position b/c of NYC's vote, without it, she lost. She has ties to the Black Panthers and both Clintons are involved in corruption. A good True Crime book to read is The Boys on the Tracks. Lots of names were brought up in that book...all b/c 2 boys stumbled upon a drug running cartel sponsored in part by our own government....during Clintons years as a governor. It will open some eyes...

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/13/11 - 10:47 pm
People who drive and talk on

People who drive and talk on the phone at the same time make me very angry. Georgia needs to pass a law against this. Not only is it dangerous but it's tacky to boot.

cytoranger
cytoranger 12/13/11 - 11:31 pm
FF I can assure you I don't

FF I can assure you I don't want her. I want as I said a conservative with some intelligence and back bone. However, after seeing what Obama has done I would prefer The dems at least try to improve on who they have now. Not sure she would be an improvement but can it seriously be any worse. I know she is an *#&$3 but is that worse than someone who has taken is so far down.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/14/11 - 04:14 am
Patty-P That was funny! I

Patty-P
That was funny! I laughed out loud!

tmyboy6988
tmyboy6988 12/14/11 - 06:54 am
To Ranter #1, Since they are

To Ranter #1, Since they are so knowledgeable about driving 101, they should also know that by law you are not suppose to go pass the posted speed limit to pass someone. So really left or right lane, the speed limit is the same. Just leave earlier and you will get there on time where ever you are going.

bubbasauce
20619
bubbasauce 12/14/11 - 07:01 am
I still say the C.S.R.A.

I still say the C.S.R.A. drivers are the most unqualified drivers in the entire U.S.A. Most people any more, especially young drivers, are too lazy to use their blinkers or maybe they do not know what they are for. People are running red lights because they are always running late where ever they go and yes, maybe the law has changed, the left lane is now the slow lane and right lane is the passing lane. Some people truly amaze me here in the Augusta area!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/14/11 - 07:18 am
Good morning-----wake up &

Good morning-----wake up & smell the coffee..

I've learned....that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
I've learned....that when you're in love, it shows.
I've learned.... that just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day.
I've learned...that having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
I've learned....that being kind is more important than being right.
I've learned...that you should never say no to a gift from a child.
I've learned....that I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
I've learned....that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone
needs a friend to act goofy with.
I've learned....that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
I've learned....that simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.
I've learned....that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
I've learned....that we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
I've learned....that money doesn't buy class.
I've learned....that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
I've learned....that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
I've learned...that the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
I've learned....that to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
I've learned....that when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
I've learned....that love, not time, heals all wounds.
I've learned....that the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround
myself with people smarter than I am.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/14/11 - 08:07 am
Today I hope we can finish

Today I hope we can finish Christmas shopping hehehh...easy to do because we are giving $$$ & gift certificates to restaurants....I'm trying to keep the bucks in the USA......NOT CHINA.....I'm thinking at reastaurants the owner-waitress/waiter-food supplier will be Americans or mostly Americans....might give movie cert. for the youngones...
Do you all realize what a difference it would make if most Americans gave USA goods for Christmas??
We could make a big difference in jobs here if we only tried....jmo

Ideas for gift certificates..
Hair salons
lawn work
pressure washing
massages

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/14/11 - 08:11 am
Hey Seenit you made my

Hey Seenit you made my day!!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/14/11 - 08:19 am
shrimp...I try to surround

shrimp...I try to surround myself with folks like you!!

I throw in a strange fish (riverman) now & then...just to make it interesting...:)

Good morning RIVER..

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/14/11 - 08:23 am
I think I'm going to buy a

I think I'm going to buy a giftcard for Bonefish and take you and River out to dinner.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/14/11 - 08:24 am
We'd probably get thrown out

We'd probably get thrown out before the appetizers arrived!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/14/11 - 08:28 am
shrimp...Bonefish is one of

shrimp...Bonefish is one of my favs......next time I'm in the area I will let you know...
Don't think they will throw us out---they like strange folks...we entertain the normals in there..
YeeHawww...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/14/11 - 08:30 am
Hey, SeenIT, the person who

Hey, SeenIT, the person who keeps me normal. But it was Shrimp's offer of a free dinner that got my attention. Of course he is right we would get kicked out after we started commenting on so many things we would find wrong.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/14/11 - 08:31 am
As a matter of fact the local

As a matter of fact the local Bonefish at Mallof Ga...keeps asking me to bring my daughters back in----he said they were VEEERY entertaining...heheh...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/14/11 - 08:34 am
Naah....Give me their saucy

Naah....Give me their saucy shrimp & bang bang shrimp---cosmo-lemon drop martinis...& I'll be happpie-happpie--happie...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/14/11 - 08:36 am
Of course the t-totalers on

Of course the t-totalers on here don't need to come at the same time cause the noise-laughter -fun we would make would annoy them...
shrimp--you are making me want some shrimp...

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/14/11 - 08:38 am
What we should all do is go

What we should all do is go to Hyman's in Charleston, right Shrimp?

Okay, guys, this morning I'm going to attempt to go out in the upper world we've heard rumors about where there is a an orange ball in the sky called the sun. They say there is another civilization out there besides the internet and I'm going to attempt to find it and bring home some much needed supplies for the people of the underworld.

I'm armed with all my LOL's and heh, heh, heh's in addition to knowing the physical martial arts Sean taught me at the black belt level as he was throwing me off the boards now and then. Later....today.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/14/11 - 08:42 am
A great day to be out &

A great day to be out & about---nice weather today...almost 70 I hear..

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/14/11 - 08:46 am
Yea River I know Aaron and

Yea River I know Aaron and Eli very well. They still wouldn't give us a discount though.

DamnYankee
DamnYankee 12/14/11 - 08:56 am
Continued from Redlight

Continued from Redlight cameras

Modest improvements mostly with right angle crashes but increases rear end crashes.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/14/11 - 09:13 am
It's about time for a shrimp

It's about time for a shrimp omelette!!!!!!!!!

cytoranger
cytoranger 12/14/11 - 10:07 am
Hymens in Charleston is

Hymens in Charleston is awesome, well worth the wait to get in.

stillamazed
stillamazed 12/14/11 - 11:56 am
I say get out of the left

I say get out of the left lane and let all the speeders get tickets.....I do get irritated with the lefties who are going under the speed limit though.

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 12/14/11 - 12:08 pm
"Rant 1: I drive in the fast

"Rant 1: I drive in the fast lane without passing just to make other drivers angry. Apparently it's working."

And if you do, you should be cited. There are very good reasons road signs instruct "slower traffic keep right". The signs don't say "those running under the speed limit", they say slowER, period.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 12/14/11 - 12:19 pm
Good Morning Seenit!! Spent 3

Good Morning Seenit!! Spent 3 days in beautiful Charleston and then 3 days in bed with a light flu; the trip was worth it. Loved your "I have learned"s, this morning. Wanted to add another one to it.

I have learned that I will never make it to the milestone UNTIL I MAKE IT THROUGH THE MOMENT.

bubbasauce
20619
bubbasauce 12/14/11 - 12:20 pm
I have been buying gift

I have been buying gift certificates for everyone in my family now for five years. Lot less stressful, avoid the traffic and done in less than an hour!

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...