Rants and Raves

A ‘KEEP ON DANCING’ rave to the Little Caesar’s employee at the corner of Washington Road and Alexander Drive. Every afternoon, he brightens my day with his dance moves and enthusiasm. Keep on shaking your groove thing.

NEWT GINGRICH’S “compassionate conservatism” is just as big a socialist buzzword as it was when Bush used it.

WHY IS HIGHWAY 56 getting blamed for the accidents where it’s the driver’s fault for pulling in front of other vehicles or crossing the yellow line? Learn how to drive, and leave Highway 56 like it is. The danger is the log trucks. I drive it every day and log trucks pass me speeding.

RANT, RANT, RANT to the hunter who shot the beloved horse of Lisa Doker. No amount of money or time in jail will ever replace this beautiful animal, but a hefty compensation should be paid and a lengthy stay behind bars.

DOES OBAMA SPEND any time in Washington? Seems like he is mainly traveling or campaigning.

THIS IS A RANT for the person who had their beautiful German shepherd riding in the back of a truck, with a leash on, on Interstate 20 westbound. You didn’t even care that the dog is lying dead on the interstate and you left it there. You really ruined everyone’s day. To those of you who put your animal in a truck bed, please put it in the cab, or leave it at home.

I AM REALLY disappointed with the coverage of high school basketball. I’m looking at an article about the Academy of Richmond County playing Cross Creek, and I see nothing about Cross Creek. ARC won the game by one point, but there is nothing about Cross Creek. This shows bias.

DR. CONRAD MURRAY did not kill Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson killed himself by getting all of those surgeries.

SMOKERS, PLEASE STOP smoking at the entrances into restaurants. People who do not smoke do not want to smell or breathe your bad habit; learn common courtesy.

WHERE IS ALL THIS traffic coming from? Don’t people work anymore?

TO THE UNKIND MAN WHO got mad at me for stopping on Petersburg Road to remove a young live turtle trying to cross the street, MYOB. Some people have a heart.

gabgab
gabgab 12/13/11 - 04:12 am
Primal scream RANT to freight

Primal scream RANT to freight train outfit with LOUDLY IDLING DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES emitting far reaching, resonant, pulsating hums of horror hour after hour after hour -- at all hours. Particularly maddening when the hours are middle-of-night. Any readers aware of Noise Violation Ordinances in 30904 and/or contact persons? (Have pity. I've been up since midnight. Earplugs don't touch this low-frequency invasion of peace and privacy.)

myopinion3
myopinion3 12/13/11 - 06:29 am
Elected one year try to

Elected one year try to accomplish something for year and a half and spend the rest of term trying to get re elected. Thats the way it is for all the elected people. Thats why we need term limits. Maybe a six year term for President then thats it for you. Let some people get elected who want to do some good for the country instead of just trying to set up their own good thing.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/13/11 - 08:13 am
I don't drive a log truck and

I don't drive a log truck and I do not travel Hwy 56 on a regular basis. I do drive a truck and do drive Hwy 56 frequently. Seems to me I get passed by just as many speeding cars as I do trucks. It isn't ALL the trucks fault.

And Good Morning Awguster.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/11 - 08:28 am
Why not shorten the campaigns

Why not shorten the campaigns to 6 months...I'm already sick of the dance & the debates are the same ole garbage...spewed in different ways......let's have fist fights...yeh....that should liven up the debates...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/11 - 08:37 am
I hate to see animals

I hate to see animals mistreated ...especially riding in the back of a truck on I-20....
On the other hand last night I could have kicked a little snot that lives in this house because she decided she was not coming back in at 130am....I called & called BUT NO she had other ideas....didn't want back in....wanted me to hollar & wake the neighbors....sooo I just went back to bed & told GOB it was his turn to wake neighbors.....then he called & called ....so we ended up giving HER her way.......around 330am she decided it was a good time to come in soooo she barked til GOB let her in again.......soooo guess who is still sleeping in this am???

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/11 - 08:55 am
itsanotherday.....said I

itsanotherday.....said I should watch GOB that he could be hitting on nurses...heheh....flirting is his middle name...I would think something was wrong with him if he didn't...

Good am CSRA

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/13/11 - 09:00 am
Good Morning America. Rant 6,

Good Morning America.

Rant 6, There is no doubt someone seen the dog fall out of the truck and did nothing about it. To me, they are as bad as the one that caused to dogs death.

Rant 11, I have a better name for that "Unkind Man" (((((filtered))))

DamnYankee
DamnYankee 12/13/11 - 09:48 am
Speaking of driving ~ I am

Speaking of driving ~ I am tired of the public safety risks of those who run red lights constantly. It's not orange/yellow ~ it's red. They don't care, and I see cops sit and watch. Then I see the cops doing it. I hate gov't intrusion, but I would love to see some red light cameras at some intersections especially on Wrightsboro road!

BamaMan
BamaMan 12/13/11 - 10:09 am
I think it's against the law

I think it's against the law to have an animal in a truck bed UNLESS they are strapped down. I saw a dog go over the side of a truck one Saturday in front of Club Car years ago, very heavy trafffic, you get the picture...a sight I will never forget. Thank you, uncaring owner. Love your dog? I agree; put it in the cab or leave it at home!

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 12/13/11 - 10:46 am
Yank, intersections with red

Yank, intersections with red light cameras have a higher incidence of accidents. Probably exacerbate traffic congestion as well.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/11 - 10:51 am
Ok ...I have work to do soo

Ok ...I have work to do soo stop with the funny jokes....goodmusic(RK)
& all the interesting conversations on here...I don't want to leave good company but life is calling & it is saying GET BUSY--CLEAN up this mess--pull away from the computer---prove that this addiction doesn't have a grip ----ok now....seeya!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/11 - 10:54 am
southern
southern 12/13/11 - 11:59 am
When you pass a smoker hold

When you pass a smoker hold your breath problem solved!!!!

Me
Me 12/13/11 - 12:01 pm
The MOST scary thing that

The MOST scary thing that happens on 56, and I see it at least twice a week, are the cars and trucks making U-turns on it!! My Gosh, people are ignorant!

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/13/11 - 12:02 pm
PsychoBabble about Conrad

PsychoBabble about Conrad Murray is just that!

drivenslow
drivenslow 12/13/11 - 12:21 pm
sorry i pay just as much for

sorry i pay just as much for your food and actually i pay more taxes as a smoker than you so quit whining or just stay home....free country at least for now........geez somehow our parents and grandparents made it through life when you could ACTUALLY SMOKE INSIDE A HOSPITAL

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 12/13/11 - 12:26 pm
"When you pass a smoker hold

"When you pass a smoker hold your breath problem solved!!!!"

The stink still clings to your clothes and hair.

allhans
allhans 12/13/11 - 12:27 pm
DamnYankee..I don't know

DamnYankee..I don't know where you are traveling. I am around town every day, have been for over 30 years, and I don't recall ever seeing a driver run a red light...Maybe years ago, at some point.

allhans
allhans 12/13/11 - 12:28 pm
I can put up with smokers

I can put up with smokers outside. Doesn't bother me.

bjphysics
bjphysics 12/13/11 - 01:17 pm
Anything for

Anything for ratings

"Talk-show host offers Newt Gingrich $1 million to drop out"

allhans
allhans 12/13/11 - 01:20 pm
bj..Michael Savage has a

bj..Michael Savage has a right to his opinion. If he wants to pay a million dollars to get rid of the Newt it is his money, ( maybe, who knows?).
I don't care for Gingrich either but that doesn't mean I will vote for Obama. You see?

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 12/13/11 - 01:32 pm
How long are uninformed

How long are uninformed climate change deniers going to hold sway and block efforts to mitigate the worst effects brought about by unrestrained use of fossil fuels and unregulated emissions of green house gasses including carbon dioxide? "Shock as retreat of Arctic sea ice releases deadly greenhouse gas" - http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/shock-as-retreat...

bjphysics
bjphysics 12/13/11 - 01:26 pm
But $1 million is like the

But $1 million is like the first Austin Powers movie; Savage should make it 20.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/13/11 - 01:46 pm
I read that link that Rev.

I read that link that Rev. Cain provided. It is from The Independent, a sensationalistic rag from Britain. The Independent is the poster child for yellow journalism. They do indeed use the word deadly in the headline, but I did not find that word in the article. The scientists cannot use the word "deadly" when referring to methane because it is not deadly in the concentrations they are finding it. Methane is only deadly when it displaces other gases in a closed atmosphere and prevents respiration in animals. So methane is deadly in the same sense that nitrogen is deadly when it displaces oxygen in a closed atmosphere.

Maybe an intrepid entrepeneur will find a way to capture the methane and sell it for fuel.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/13/11 - 01:49 pm
I stop for turtles, too, but

I stop for turtles, too, but it can be dangerous if you don't pull your car off the road first.

iLove
iLove 12/13/11 - 01:52 pm
"No amount of money or time

"No amount of money or time in jail will ever replace this beautiful animal, but a hefty compensation should be paid and a lengthy stay behind bars"

Dudeness
Dudeness 12/13/11 - 02:04 pm
I see people run red lights

I see people run red lights all the time around town and it is becoming more frequent that we will already be stopped at the light and someone will decide to take off through the light to make a left turn. I always wonder whether they thought it was ok to turn left on red or if they just didn't care.

Jake
Jake 12/13/11 - 02:17 pm
If you are not witnessing

If you are not witnessing people run red lights then you are not paying attention.

bjphysics
bjphysics 12/13/11 - 02:18 pm
“Gary Busey Endorses Newt

“Gary Busey Endorses Newt Gingrich For President”

But does not counter Michael Savage offer.

DamnYankee
DamnYankee 12/13/11 - 02:20 pm
I agree I am not sure Red

I agree I am not sure Red light cameras are effective(I am going to have to research that). To those wishing to see the rare phenomenon, just visit any stoplight around the Bobby Jones and Wrightsboro especially during peak travel times. Or try Washington Road anytime. It must be acceptable if I see Richmond County cops doing it, right?