Rants & Raves

IF YOU ARE in politics and you have to run for office on your own money, you ain’t no politician. Politicians run on the other fellow’s money.

CHRONICLE HATES UGA football. Why?

I CALLED Augusta Cares complaining about a dog chained to a tree, and I was sent a letter saying that no cruelty was involved. But the dog was chained to a tree and left out in freezing temperature without shelter. If that is not cruelty than I don’t know what is.

HOORAY FOR the North Augusta student with the Confederate flag. Keep flying your flag and be proud that you are an American and a Southerner.

WHERE IN THE world has the darling of the GOP been these days? My guess is that Sarah Palin is counting her money laughing at all you Republicans.

RAVES FOR corrections Officer Westbrook at the Charles Webster Detention Center. Her firm but fair, innocent-until-proved-guilty policy concerning inmates is the epitome of genuine law enforcement. Officer Westbrook is well-respected by inmates and her character is above reproach.

PEOPLE NEED to be warned about con artists. I received a call this week. The man spoke in broken English. He was saying all senior citizens were being issued some type of card, and he needed to know my bank account number. I hung up. Please beware of these con artists who are targeting senior citizens.

DFCS IN AUGUSTA says they are here to put families back together. I am a veteran trying to get my family back together. They did everything in their power to keep me and my kids apart.

MY GRANDCHILDREN have all taken dance and I love to see the children dance and have a good time, but some of the suggestive moves that some of the small children made in the parade in the past, I have been unable to look at. The morals of the people who are teaching them to do this are not up (to) the standards they should be. This is not right.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/12/11 - 01:57 am
"I PREFER TO catch the bus

"I PREFER TO catch the bus sometimes because $1.25 (one way) is a lot cheaper than running my car, but if you decide to save money this way you might want to invest in some books. You can know the schedules perfectly but you are going to wait – and wait and wait. I’ve never seen anything like it. I must say the drivers are very courteous, though."

I sent in this rant. I actually like catching the bus. Like I said it saves me a lot of money and I don't have to park. My only beef is that I looked up all the schedules so I would know what time the bus I want to catch will be at the bus stop of my choosing. Well it turns out the times they have online mean absolutely nothing. I caught the Augusta Mall bus to a Doctor's appointment on Wrightsboro Rd. The bus was twenty minutes late. Not too bad. After my appointment I waited to catch the same bus home. They say the Augusta Mall bus runs every 15 minutes. After waiting an hour and ten minutes I decided to walk. It took me an hour to walk down Wrightsboro Rd. to Highland Ave. I never saw the bus. That's 2 hours and 10 minutes without hide nor hair of the Augusta Mall bus.
This is not an isolated incident. I caught the Walton Way bus down to the Hospital area. I waited 1 hour and 45 minutes before the bus FINALLY showed up going the other way.
The Augusta Mall bus is supposed to be at Daniel Village at 10:15am and usually is pretty much on time. I try to get to the bus stop by 10am to give myself plenty of time. It's a good thing I did this last week because the bus showed up at 10:02am.
i usually bring a crossword puzzle or a book or at least something to pass the time because I can assure you you're going to wait no matter what the schedule is.
Again I must admit that the drivers are very couteous and treat you like gold. I have lived in many cities but the drivers here are by far the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. They go out of their way to make you feel special and that's a darned rare thing these days. It's worth waiting on the bus knowing that once you get on the drivers are sincerely interested in how you're doing and I love talking to them.
Southern Hoapitality at it's FINEST!!!

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 12/12/11 - 05:52 am
shrimp, I have 2 comments on

shrimp, I have 2 comments on your comment. First, the things you mention directly contradict the "findings" that are mentioned in today's article about the new bus service! No, I'm not saying you're wrong, but the early and late bus arrivals don't jive with the on-time goals that the new bus service set for themselves and have supposedly met....even without any "fines" for untimeliness. Interesting your rant and comment are here today...and that's a good thing. Another question...and I'm just throwing it out there because you mentioned it...do you think that the great kindliness and the going-out-of their-way of the bus drivers might be contributing to the lateness of their schedule? I don't know, that's why I'm asking. Sometimes giving too much time and attention to one person will take away the time that should go to another. In other words, is the time the driver focusing on his new riders taking time away from meeting his schedule goals? Like I said, I honestly don't know, so I'm just throwing the question out there for folks like you who do use the bus system. I'm glad they were so nice to you, though.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 07:58 am
Yep WB you can trust

Yep WB you can trust Roadkill......but RM......dunno....he is a dangerous poster....heheheh....:)

Trouble
Trouble 12/12/11 - 08:05 am
hmmmm, lots of bait up there

hmmmm, lots of bait up there this morning, let the whining begin............

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/12/11 - 08:52 am
SeenIt is right. Willow, I

SeenIt is right. Willow, I don't blame you for not coming to the Commission meeting and saying hey to me the other night. I have no respect for anyone who will meet Riverman.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 08:57 am
The bobblehead has

The bobblehead has spoken.....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 09:07 am
GOB is going for a bottom

GOB is going for a bottom check this am....the kind where there is an insertion after much fluid flushhing of bowels.......need I say more...heheh
I will have to drive him back home because he will be in a twilight daze in lala land......sometimes I think he just likes the twilight daze & actually enjoys it....hehehh......
I just wonder if I could buy some of that twilight med ...& if it is related to profofol...the stuff MJackson was taking....can we buy it over the counter????? Maybe some would be better off than the drugs like meth.....hummmmm just thinking out loud....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 09:34 am
I am sitting here thinking

I am sitting here thinking and your thoughts make me
feel so sad
I am sitting here thinking and your thoughts make me
feel so sad
I've searched eleven long years for love, yeah,
searchin' for something I already had
When I think of what the old folks say, I can't help
but cry
When I think of what the old folks say, umm, I can't
help but cry
They have told me so often, you never miss your water,
'til the well goes dry
From now on, I'll try and do the things I should
From now on, I'll try and do the things I should
Let's take a chance on that old sayin', it's never too
late to be good

It's so hard to be good on here....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 09:42 am

Reba at her best....

gotta run.....testing time --lalaland here we come......:)

sassylassie
sassylassie 12/12/11 - 10:09 am
To the ranter about the

To the ranter about the dog--call Animal Control about the situation. I did for a similar situation and they came out. You need to call someone who has authority to issue citations. Bless you for taking an interest in the dog-you have a good heart! DON'T GIVE UP! Keep calling and trying. You are doing the right thing by that dog. Too bad the owner has no sense and obviously doesn't need a dog if they are treating it this way!

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/12/11 - 10:52 am
Cut the chain on the dog and

Cut the chain on the dog and let it loose. I have no sympathy for anyone who would treat an animal bad. To put the person on a chain would be just treatment.

raul
raul 12/12/11 - 11:44 am
@ShrimpforBreakfast. You

@ShrimpforBreakfast. You should definitely file a complaint. If the company is not getting factual, well documented complaints about timeliness problems, they aren't going to take any action to correct it. That is great that the drivers are courteous, but timeliness is an integral performance factor that impacts all the riders, e.g. getting to appointments, arriving at your job ontime, etc. I lived in Germany for several years, you could set your clock by the bus and train schedule. In Italy, you didn't know if the bus or train would even show. The drivers may be on strike that day. Amazing difference.

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/12/11 - 12:29 pm
"Southern Hoapitality at it's

"Southern Hoapitality at it's FINEST!!!"

Yep, and, "We dont care how you did it up North," problem is, you forgot to add this: No matter how much more expeditious it is!

harley_52
harley_52 12/12/11 - 01:36 pm
Raul said "In Italy, you

Raul said "In Italy, you didn't know if the bus or train would even show. The drivers may be on strike that day."

We'd better get used to the Italy model. Not just with buses, but with police, firemen, and other public services. We now have more public sector then private sector employees unionized and their power is in slowing, or stopping, the services they're supposed to provide. Of course they can also negotiate far greater salaries and benefits packages than those who pay their salaries get for themselves, but nobody seems to mind that either.

Why can't we all just get along?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/12/11 - 03:23 pm
I agree with the above writer

I agree with the above writer about the parade's dancers. This has been a problem for years. That is why I stopped taking my children to the parades and I no longer go even without them. Those movements should not be in the choreography. They are morally offensive and these parades should be family-friendly. Whoever is teaching the children these moves should be instructed to cease setting a bad example for their student/dancers and those impressionable youngsters that are watching the parades. What has happened to common sense and decency?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 03:33 pm
answer to ALeaves... GONE

answer to ALeaves...

GONE WITH THE WIND!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/12/11 - 03:42 pm
Margaret Mitchell loved to

Margaret Mitchell loved to dance naughty dances.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 03:53 pm
When I read about Mitchells

When I read about Mitchells private life I realize how much GWTW parallels with her life....She did like to naughty dance---she had a love like Rhett-& Ashley......she ended up married to the Ashley type....she was possibly beaten & raped by the Rhett figure.....her mother visited the big plantations with her in tow....
She knew the history of Atlanta...the good & the bad....

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/12/11 - 03:58 pm
Yep, but remember she was

Yep, but remember she was married to the Rhett guy first. She divorced him. Also, her views on race relations changed as it did for many of us growing up in the south. She gave lots of money to the black college in Atlanta.

But Pat Conroy made the best comment about GWTW. It was the first time the South told its version of the Civil War. That book was the greatest American book of the 20th century and the movie is a classic.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/12/11 - 04:01 pm
On the bus issue. Since

On the bus issue. Since Richmond County and the city of Augusta have merged to become one entity, why doesn't the bus service serve the entire county/city?

Good after sb4 and wb....... from Wisconsin today. And I better not forget Trouble.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 04:10 pm
Good evening RKill....hope

Good evening RKill....hope you aren't freezing in your travels...been missing you on here...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 04:11 pm
Yep...Trouble can be trouble

Yep...Trouble can be trouble when she is overlooked.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/12/11 - 04:15 pm
For you SB4... these boys are

For you SB4... these boys are 9, 12, and 14

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 04:19 pm
OMG--THEY ARE GREAT!!!!

OMG--THEY ARE GREAT!!!! Thanks RK...they for sure have a future in music....better than some pros...:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/12/11 - 04:33 pm
For Ebbybody........ Merry

For Ebbybody........ Merry CHRISTmas

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/11 - 04:41 pm
Well they did give hubby the

Well they did give hubby the propofol & he is twilight land somewhere....smiling chessiecat ....I looked up the drug & found this

How does propofol work in the body?
We don't know exactly how general anesthesia works. This works as other general anesthetics work, acting on receptors in the brain—possibly the GABA [gamma-aminobutyric acid] receptors, because that is a mechanism for a lot of sleepiness in the brain.

What...they don't know exactly how it works!!

seeya later folks...gotta runn

bjphysics
bjphysics 12/12/11 - 04:53 pm
“College Mate: Obama Was an

“College Mate: Obama Was an 'Ardent' 'Marxist-Leninist'”

First, it’s a recycled zombie lie from the past and each time the teller of the tale, tells the tale, the fish get bigger and bigger.

College mate? “John Drew graduated Occidental College in the spring of 1979. Barack Obama entered Occidental the following semester, after Drew had gone off to graduate school on the other side of the country.”

“On February 17, 2010, Dr. Drew wrote on ResistNet:

‘The larger issue is my relationship with Obama. In truth, I only met him twice.’”

As of March of this year Drew’s two meeting with Obama had magically multiplied into 5:

“The large party in June, 1981, was half of the two times Drew said last year that he had met Barack Obama. So now we have a visit to Obama’s apartment and a time they spoke in the student union. I’m not sure what seeing him in a coffee shop means, if it was a get-together or a wave across the room, but Drew has now upped the ante on his contacts with Obama at Occidental, when Obama was a student there and Drew was not.”

Soon I expect John Drew to remember the trip he took to Moscow with young Obama in 1981 to meet with the then Soviet Premier, Nikolai Tikhonov. They ate Beluga caviar and drank vodka as Obama suppressed his secret Moslem beliefs in the name of the greater plan for a one world Caliphate.

By the time this fish tale is finished, Drew will tell the story of how he and Obama volunteered for an Occidental Physics Department experiment, wherein they accelerated a DeLorean to 88 mph and met with Stalin in 1950 to plan the demise of the United States. Heck, maybe we can squeeze a homosexual affair in there somewhere.

Bring on the next Zombie Lie.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/12/11 - 05:41 pm
How do we even know Obama was

How do we even know Obama was at Occidental? He won't release his records?

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 12/12/11 - 06:08 pm
SeenitB4: I also do not know

SeenitB4: I also do not know the actions of propofol, but you need to watch hubby. I am normally very shy and reserved, but when I awoke from my colonoscopy I was hitting on the anesthetist pretty hard. She was attractive and I was letting her know it!