Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A RANT FOR the person who complained that her daughter was picked up for a DUI. I am thankful that the police did catch her before she had the chance to kill someone. I hope it is a nightmare; it should be.

I am sure the families of drunken-driving victims will extend their deepest sympathies that your daughter is living a nightmare.

IT’S INTERESTING that an editorial writer bemoans the state of society two days after The Chronicle promoted an Augusta RiverHawks hockey game with a picture showing two players fighting. The next day, the leading page of the sports section showed referees separating fighting players.

A BIG RAVE TO ALL who came out and supported Laney High School for the dedication of the new gym last week in honor of coach Bonner and coach Smart.

WAKE UP, Columbia County parents. Your schools have been affected by Section 8 housing the past several years.

A RANT FOR the irate shopper who went off on the staffers at Bed, Bath and Beyond. She thought they orally greeted a customer and skipped her. Lady, get the chip off of your shoulder; you embarrassed your daughter.

RANTS FOR THE Bulldogs: Playing LSU is a little different from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, New Mexico State, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, etc. They played three good teams all year and got spanked each time. They still had two articles on the front page and four on Page 6. Georgia Southern won its playoff game in the second round and was on Page 7 with one article.

RANTS TO THE Dawgs: Sanders Commings should learn not to run his mouth before the game.

DON’T BLAME ALL the denizens of the Cherry Tree community for the crime. There are many fine people there who had children who got out of those projects. The Augusta Chronicle has written stories about them. It’s the bad ones there that need to be rooted out. I say that for public housing, there ought to be drug testing and searches of all facilities for illegal weapons and any drugs. Get metal detectors and drug-sniffing dogs in there.

museofsatie
museofsatie 12/09/11 - 07:10 pm
"IS THERE ANY PLACE that

"IS THERE ANY PLACE that wants old Christmas ornaments, trees (artificial, of course), etc.? It seems a shame to throw them out, and many older people have too many."

I'd imagine that Salvation Army and/or Goodwill would accept such things.

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 05:02 am
Upset because you are not

Upset because you are not greeted at Bed Bath & Beyond!!!
WOW....what an empty life you must have....

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 05:05 am
I'm glad your daughter was

I'm glad your daughter was picked up for dui...that probably saved her life..
Goodwill would be a good place to give your old Christmas thingies..

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 05:29 am
seenitB4 12/10/11 - 05:34 am
seenitB4 12/10/11 - 07:04 am
I wish I could put some pics

I wish I could put some pics on here this am....but alas...they would really push Sean over the edge I'm sure...so only my email friends will see them......heheh....hahha....
hohohohohahahah.....if only AC would give us a FREE day to post anything-----oh the fun we could have!

allhans
allhans 12/10/11 - 07:42 am
Those must be some good

Those must be some good photos!

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 07:50 am
Some would just complain

Some would just complain allhans.....they would say they are obtuse-vulgar & not pc ......you know the ones w/o a sense of humor...the rest would just laugh their hiney off!!!

But I will check to see if I have something I can post..:)

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 08:00 am
The secret to success is

The secret to success is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it
made."

"Always borrow money from a pessimist -they don't expect to be paid back.":

"Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!!"

"The hypochondriac's epitaph: NOW do you believe me?????"

"I once wanted to become an atheist but I gave up the idea - they have no holidays."
(Henny Youngman)

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours."
(Yogi Berra)

"Roses are red, violets are blue,
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesn't."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." (Yogi Berra)

"I have enough money to last me for the rest of my life - unless I buy
something."
(Jackie Mason)

"There are three kinds of people in this world: Those who can count and
those who can't."

"There are two rules for success: Never tell everything you know."

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did -in his sleep.
Not yelling and screaming - like the passengers in his car."

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/10/11 - 08:27 am
SeenIt, your opening line is

SeenIt, your opening line is the best. One of the biggest political office holders in Macon once told me her secret was being a sincere BS'er.

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 08:37 am
almost gone said... WOW I

almost gone said...

WOW I come on here and say 1 word about Mexicans or Foreigners and you clowns turn me into AC, You all are nothing but Bible Thumping HYPOCRITES.

I didn't report you---say what you feel....:0) Preach on brother

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/10/11 - 08:47 am
I am a Bible thumping

I am a Bible thumping hypocrite, even if I didn't report AlmostGone. We all can't be perfect.

bjphysics
bjphysics 12/10/11 - 08:53 am
What did AlmostGone post that

What did AlmostGone post that was so over the top that it provoked deletion? I didn’t report AlmostGone, I never report anybody for anything; free speech and all that.

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 09:04 am
Dunno bj....I tend to think

Dunno bj....I tend to think AC pulled the plug...I know you didn't cause you like the debate too much to report....heheh me too..

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/10/11 - 09:20 am
SeenIt, I wonder what

SeenIt, I wonder what happened to the general the Chronicle hired to be its president? When does he show up? I wonder if he will start a blog and comment with us like Don Bailey did?

I want the General to walk in the Chronicle and do what you said a general should do. Start cracking the whip. Straighten Mike Ryan up. Then turn that whip on Sean for stiffling our creativity. Fine people for typos. Make them stay late for stupid headlines. Make them pay to park on the TEE Center ground floor parking deck. Make them all do physical training.

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 09:31 am
RM...Keep posting like that &

RM...Keep posting like that & we will say "Nice knowing ya"

You will be hunting a new bobblehead ...:)
anyway..what is it with this MRyan stuff? Did he rain on your parade?

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 09:36 am
You are so much more than a

You are so much more than a plain bobblehead...
I look at that head & think.....that is not the Real Riverman.....the intelligent- flamboyant--outgoing--humorist--exciting poster we know & love...

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 09:37 am
River---river---calling

River---river---calling river....dang--I hope they haven't deep sixed him!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/10/11 - 09:38 am
Hahaha. By the way, I can

Hahaha. By the way, I can actually tell which bobblehead is which. Each one has its own personality. Yep, I had a surprising e-mail thing with Ryan once, but in his defense he was taking up for Sean...I suppose. But, heck, I wasn't disrespecting Sean really. He wasn't even on duty that weekend. Maybe just a misunderstanding, but I never got an apology. Basically, I defended the Chronicle commenters and he defended his people. Nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't me attacking anyone, on the other hand he.....

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 09:38 am
Or deep sexed him either! :O)

Or deep
sexed him either!
:O)

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/10/11 - 09:40 am
SeenIt, I'm going to report

SeenIt, I'm going to report you.

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 09:44 am
Report away heheh.... I

Report away heheh....
I NEVER disrespect Sean....I ain't duh stoopid....

Hey I don't report anyone ...not worth the hassle & besides I like the give/take action.......what a dull world this would be if we never disagreed. Agree??hah

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/10/11 - 09:48 am
Ha, what would I do without

Ha, what would I do without you? I am an equal opportunity disrespecter....Sean, Ryan, Muslims, Pentecostals, Southern Baptists, Democracts. This new General president of the AC before he gets here.

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 09:54 am
I came on here very early

I came on here very early this am....said I would get off by 9am...& again I'm sucked in by my fellow posters.....funny-amusing-intelligent posters .... I have work to do...& until I win the big one I will have to do IT!!

Oneday I will treat the posters to a big get-together in the CSRA---you can wear a mask if you don't want to disclose your real self...or tell your "real" name..Heheh....ohhh the fun we could have w/o restrictions--heck I would even invite ole Sean....met him once & really do like him..& you could invite all the folks you like at AC....:)

seenitB4 12/10/11 - 10:28 am

I'll be seeing you......ooooh these oldies but goodies...just like us!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/10/11 - 10:29 am
Good Morning Awguster.

Good Morning Awguster.

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/10/11 - 11:07 am
seenit, like your new door

seenit, like your new door knocker. We get those kind around here all the time. And the exercise machine is the invention of the year. Noticed the pink color also-rekon that was by design for certain people. And for those that report commenters, I say get a thicker skin, it will not hurt you. The comments are just someone else's take on the subject and we all have different feeling according to our situation in life. I like all the discussion and the fact that I can see all different ideas on the same subject even though I am a conservative to the bone and that will never change.

drivenslow
drivenslow 12/10/11 - 11:23 am
intelligent as a bag of

intelligent as a bag of hammers the whole group of ya

happychimer
19521
happychimer 12/10/11 - 12:20 pm
seenit that exercise machine

seenit that exercise machine is a riot!!!I am still laughing.

NoSocialism
NoSocialism 12/10/11 - 02:12 pm
If Darrin Bell want to

If Darrin Bell want to express his liberal ideology and support wealth redistribution, he should do so on the Opinion page of the Chronicle as opposed to putting his crummy Candorville in the Comics Section.