Rants & Raves

SINCE I HAVE BEEN a subscriber to The Chron­icle for 21 years, I have seen a lot of changes. Now it’s a “skinny” paper; even the inserts are wider than the only local paper. But please, make the crossword puzzle clues large enough to read! I do not understand “CAPTCHA” and I am not an alien visitor to this world.

OCCUPIERS DON’T EVEN know who the real 1 percent is. This is a solid, left-wing, communist, socialist and anti-Semitic movement that is only looking for a handout by working, taxpaying individuals.

THANK YOU TO the two young ladies who picked me up after I fell at the dinner theater at Fort Gordon.

APPEARS WE HAVE an “Occupy The Chronicle” group writing in to tell us what the American people think. Sorry, but most Americans know that businesses create jobs, not governments.

A COMPANY CALLED Pliant Corp. (Berry Plastics Corp.?) fired a guy who didn’t want to wear a “666” sticker for religious reasons. The fired guy is a Christian. If he’d been fired for Mus­lim reasons, the government would have been up in arms. Leaders continue to grow more anti-Christian by the day.

SAM STEPLIGHT cruelly murdered an old, partly paralyzed woman and got convicted. Judge Annis even called it a “horrible, horrible crime,” but he didn’t sentence Steplight to death. He sentenced him to life. That means Steplight will go right on living and taxpayers will feed, house and clothe this murderer.

WE CANNOT LAY OFF any police officers. We need all of these committed individuals here, especially in Richmond County. Make a law on no cell phones while driving, then you will get your money. Charge $500 if caught using your cell phone while driving. That might help with the budget. Also, impound vehicles with no insurance. If they don’t pay, auction the vehicles off. Stop laying off workers we need. Think defensively.

THIS IS FOR THE inconsiderate person who hit my cat on Wagener Road in Aiken. You didn’t stop and move her out of the road, much less see if she was still alive. ... How would you feel if someone had done that to your animals? She was my baby, and you just left her in the road like she was nothing. What is wrong with you? You couldn’t even have the courtesy to knock on someone’s door.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 11/29/11 - 07:52 am
My baby (dog) is in the house

My baby (dog) is in the house or the fenced in yard where pets belong, not running around in traffic where they can cause accidents. The person that hit your pet may not have been inconsiderate- but a human's safety is more important.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 11/29/11 - 08:57 am
I have a rant on why the

I have a rant on why the Ginger White story about Herman Cain are almost hidden from view online.

seenitB4
131982
seenitB4 11/29/11 - 09:27 am
WE CANNOT LAY OFF any police

Yep...I agree with that....

Jane18
Jane18 11/29/11 - 09:30 am
I have a 'rave' because the

I have a 'rave' because the 'money-hungry, can't hold a job or apartment, 15-minute fame seeking ****' is NOT right out in my face! Ginger white is just like her predecessors. and that ain't much!

seenitB4
131982
seenitB4 11/29/11 - 09:31 am
Someone sure doesn't want

Someone sure doesn't want Herman Cain to be President---I've never seen so many come out to talk about past sex affairs......if we knew the truth about congress we would be shocked senseless.......

seenitB4
131982
seenitB4 11/29/11 - 10:05 am
Headline in the AJC.....Cain

Headline in the AJC.....Cain denies 13-year affair....ooops...she has records of over 60 calls & texts from Cains phone#.....
do yathink another book in the making here...

For his age he sho could get around..

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 11/29/11 - 11:01 am
Holey Moley!!....Is there a

Holey Moley!!....Is there a morally and ethically acceptable fiscal conservative politician out there???? Will the Republican voter be stuck with Mitt Romney the way we were stuck with Mcain?? It looks like another presidential election cycle of gloom, agony and despair for conservatives.

Help! The country cannot withstand another term of Barack Hessian Obama.......

fftaz71
fftaz71 11/29/11 - 11:02 am
To the lady on Wagener

To the lady on Wagener Rd...with rabies known to be in the area, unless the cat had a collar on with ID and a current rabies tag, Id be very unlikely to stop either. Im sorry your cat got hit, but at the same time, being owned by 3 cats, I have to wonder was the cat allowed to roam around the neighborhood at will? Anyone who says cats have to be outdoors to be happy are welcome to meet my 3 rescue/adopted cats...one lived outdoors the first 6-8 months of her life and after we brought her in has not once tried to go back outside. She runs from the door as a matter of fact.

BamaMan
BamaMan 11/29/11 - 11:03 am
I am sick and tired of these

I am sick and tired of these pink-wrapped worthless newspapers that are thrown, not in the yard but right at, or in the streets every Sunday morning. People don't read these, they don't even pick them up. They deface the neighborhoods, and are a waste of time - heads up to whomever advertises in them.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/29/11 - 11:03 am
Last "ranter," I don't know

Last "ranter," I don't know about Aiken, but Evans has a leash law. In short, that means the pet owner is responsible for their pets. I'm sorry for your loss, but you have no one to blame but yourself

allhans
allhans 11/29/11 - 11:08 am
The piece on Cain is no

The piece on Cain is no longer of any importance. So it is where it belongs.
The woman is trying for her own path to fame but it took her too long to get her story together and now nobody cares. Cain is not only down, he is out. Leave him alone.

happychimer
happychimer 11/29/11 - 11:42 am
Whoever hit the cat should

Whoever hit the cat should have at least tried to find the owner. They could have knocked on a few doors.

What4
What4 11/29/11 - 12:03 pm
Sorry about the cat..but,

Sorry about the cat..but, suppose it had caused the driver to swerve and a serious accident occured? If the owner truly cared for the animal, it would not have been out in the road. Cats are covered by the leash law, too; even thought inconsiderate pet owners alow them to roam wild.

happychimer
happychimer 11/29/11 - 12:37 pm
Don't say the owner did not

Don't say the owner did not care for the cat. You don't know why the cat was outside.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/29/11 - 02:09 pm
On your 11:37, HappyChimer,

On your 11:37, HappyChimer, it doesn't matter. The law is the law! The owner is ultimately responsible. That's the law as well.

allhans
allhans 11/29/11 - 02:21 pm
I stopped once on Wheeless

I stopped once on Wheeless Road to remove a small poodle. Other cars never slowed and I was lucky to get him moved without being hit myself.
I knocked on the two nearest doors and no one answered. The poor little dog was dead. I took a plastic grocery bag, and placed him on someone's lawn, hoping that at least some owner would know what had happened.
My point is, it's dangerous. Other cars will run you over!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/29/11 - 03:06 pm
1st rant... I'm used to the

1st rant...
I'm used to the size of the paper and it doesn't bother me but I have to admit you're right about the crossword clues. I have to put on extra strong reading glasses for those but the answers to the WORD WARP are ridiculously small. I would need an electron microscope to read those.

happychimer
happychimer 11/29/11 - 05:26 pm
Sarge trying to find the

Sarge trying to find the owner,and trying to help the animal, is the right thing to do.

Dudeness
Dudeness 11/29/11 - 06:28 pm
If I run over an animal in

If I run over an animal in the road, I am not going to stop. The road is for driving, not a playpen for your pets. I refuse to take on even more responsibility because of someone else shirking theirs. I will try to swerve around the animal, but I will not stop and go door-to-door trying to find the person who put my life at risk by not watching their animal. I have other things to do and apparently you did too.

happychimer
happychimer 11/29/11 - 09:09 pm
You can tell a lot about a

You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals. Dudeness your comment tells a lot about you as a person.

harley_52
harley_52 11/29/11 - 09:33 pm
I'm amused by all these newly

I'm amused by all these newly sanctimonious liberals who were fine with Clinton's sexual dalliances, but are now somehow shocked by allegations being made about Cain. I'll bet they'd really have a hissy-fit if one of the ladies could produce a cigar and a blue dress.

bjphysics
bjphysics 11/29/11 - 09:54 pm
harley, a rich and powerful

harley, a rich and powerful Republican man had squeezes on the side? It’s outrageous I tell you, simply outrageous! No rich and powerful Democrat male would do such a thing, unheard of, never happens. It would be as if a young virile half-black, half-Cambodian, world famous golf prodigy had dalliances on the side. Never happen; I’m shocked, simply shocked.

It’s as if wealth and power were some kind of amorous flypaper and aphrodisiac; how could that be? I’m shocked, simply shocked.

[This wedgy is killing me]

scgator
scgator 11/29/11 - 10:26 pm
She was my baby, and you just

I ALSO LOVE MY "BABIES" AND I KEEP THEM OUT OF THE STREET; IT IS FOR CARS NOT CATS..........................

scgator
scgator 11/29/11 - 10:30 pm
You can tell a lot about a

happychimer...........I agree with Dudeness, we need a lot more like him; I would not intentionally hurt any animal, but I will NEVER put an animals life above mine or a family members. And as for going door to door to find the owner; how many times have you walked up on a pit bull or german shepard who thinks you are invading "their" space?????

scgator
scgator 11/29/11 - 10:33 pm
happychimer...............do

happychimer...............do you by chance, wear "rose colored glasses?"

happychimer
happychimer 11/29/11 - 11:34 pm
scgator my glasses have clear

scgator my glasses have clear lenses. My parents and grandmother taught me to never trust anyone who who does not like animals. If someone bad mouths animals, I take that as a sign they don't like animals.

Vito45
Vito45 11/29/11 - 11:38 pm
I'm with gator and dude; we

I'm with gator and dude; we have 2 dogs and a cat, all 3 insiders. I'm not a cat fancier, but I'm rather fond of Oliver. I am stupidly attached to Vito, not so much to Gigi. I would run out into the road to grab one of them with a car coming, but I would not expect an stranger to endanger themselves doing the same. As much as I love them, a human life is worth more than theirs (in most cases- there are some worthless people that could die and rot in hades before I would sacrifice Vito).

All that gibberish aside, I will do what I can to avoid hitting a pet, short of endangering myself or others. I've even picked up animals in the country and taken them to a vet for euthanizing; but it isn't someone's responsibility to go door to door trying to find an owner who didn't have their pet secured. And yes, if the pet was out, even if it was accidental, it still wasn't secured well enough.

Dudeness
Dudeness 11/29/11 - 11:40 pm
My dog loves me to death and

My dog loves me to death and I show that I love her by keeping her out of harm's way. If she happens to sneak out when the door is opened, I am hot on her heels to chase her back in. If someone actually cared about their pets, they would try to protect them. My dog knows that I care because of my actions, but I tend to think this cat feels differently about its owner since the owner would rather transfer the responsibility to someone else.

We once had a cat, but had such difficulty keeping her in the house that we felt it was best to give her to a new owner since we were not able to adequately contain her. If the Aiken owner had cared enough about their cat to do the same, she would probably still be alive.

happychimer
happychimer 11/30/11 - 12:03 am
We don't know why or how the

We don't know why or how the cat ran into the road. You don't know. The owner of the cat said that cat was his/her baby, so that tells me the cat was loved.You people can be so cruel, but you don't surprise me. Good night

Willow Bailey
20619
Willow Bailey 11/30/11 - 12:37 am
onlysane1left, I had no

onlysane1left, I had no trouble finding the story on Herman Cain and Ginger White. The hidden conspiracy doesn't hold water.

And Jane18, what?

harley, completely agree.

Good night, happychimer.

Ex-energy secretary backs MOX project

Federal lawmakers should work with the U.S. Energy Department to restructure the mixed-oxide fuel project at Sa­vannah River Site, a former energy secretary recently told the Senate's top ...