Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A BIG RAVE TO THE young man who found my diamond ring in the parking lot at Kroger. His mom was so perceptive when she recognized my distress. I did not get their names but it’s a blessing to know parents who instill good values in their children. I experienced a miracle today. God bless you!

THE IRAQ WAR COST at least $300 billion, over 4,000 brave soldier’s lives, and after eight long years what do we have to show for it? I’ll tell you: absolutely nothing. I said this would happen five years ago. Do not know how George Bush can sleep at night, that’s right, it was his fault.

TOO BAD THE paper has shrunken, including valuable text like the puzzle. At least restore the size of the puzzle so people can read them!

FOR THE SUPPOSED bad smell of the Dumpster near the Peach Orchard Road post office: Is everyone sure there’s not a dead body in there?

WE DO HAVE SOME sloppy landlords in Richmond County, but do you realize that people can get three of four months behind and you have to go down and pay $72 for an eviction notice to get them out? Then you have to wait and pay $27 more dollars to get a writ against them, and then they still give them more time. You go to court and you don’t get a dime.

I’M GOING TO pray today and be thankful that I don’t have to deal with an abusive man. I hope my relative can find a way out of this awful situation and other women, too.

RAVES TO MY SON Johnny T. Hampton for his accomplishments. He got out of the Air Force honorably, and now he is an author with his own book. I am very proud of him.

I REALIZE Herman Cain has been criticized for his 9-9-9 plan, lack of political and foreign affairs experience, and the recent harassment charges, but, I like him and especially the way he stands tall and has the look of being a proud American.

IN RESPONSE to the rant about the roadside memorial on Wheeler Road, you don’t know anything. A young man lost his life, a young woman that did not even get to celebrate her first anniversary lost her husband, an unborn child never got to meet his father! I am one of those people that “drive by there everyday” and I say a prayer for this young man’s family and in the future I will say a prayer for you to learn some COMPASSION!

RunningMan
RunningMan 11/29/11 - 06:35 pm
I REALIZE. I will pray for

I REALIZE. I will pray for you. Apparently you have lost your moral compass. I feel sorry for his family but not the man.

THE IRAQ WAR COST. Could not agree more. Lets bring them home and close the book on this big mistake.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 11/30/11 - 05:10 am
I really thought Herman Cain

I really thought Herman Cain would have been good for the country due to his non-political experience, business experience, can do attitude, etc. but can no longer support him as a candidate. His actions were bad enough but his failure to be truthful to those who supported him bothers me even more. Everyone makes mistakes and forgiveness is possible but repeated and numerous actions of the same nature followed by denial, etc. is not the leadership we need, it is the leadership we currently have.

The Iraq war was started after their leader continued to state that they in fact did have weapons of mass destruction and would not allow inspectors to do their jobs. Demands were made by the administration and the congress and they were not met. Hindsight is clearer than the picture they were looking at when the decision had to be made. 99.9% of the Congress voted to send us to war, including all who had seen the same information provided to President Bush. I don't care for the war either and I certainly don't care for the billions in restoration spent afterwards that should have been paid by their country through the sale of oil or by others means but you simply can't legitimately place all of the blame on President Bush - even President Obama kept our troops there over 2 more years.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/11 - 08:09 am
Some money people really

Some money people really wanted ole Cain out of the way....they finally got that....
I wonder about the Iraq war too.....but sometimes I think that was the first domino to cause the fall of the outlaw countries......it would only take a few bombs in a couple of cities to wipe out our government....hey...they haven't given up yaknow.....
I wish we could unite like we did after 9-11 .....I wonder what President could actually make that happen...

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/11 - 08:12 am
Would someone with the Post

Would someone with the Post Office take care of that dumpster on Peach Orchard.....that rant is on here every week!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/11 - 08:27 am
Ever notice how hard work is

Ever notice how hard work is a cathartic? I worked almost 16 hours yesterday of intense work. I forgot what today is. I really did. I had to look at the calendar a long time to figure it all out while drinking two big cups of coffee. I didn’t believe the date on the computer.

I mean hard work purges the bad. I wake up and can’t remember the day, where I am or who I am sometimes. It takes me a while to remember that I’m Riverman. I forgive myself of all my negatives because I paid the price yesterday. Know what I mean?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/11 - 08:37 am
Your box is drying

Your box is drying now......maybe you did get a little wet......soon you will be back to normal.....I think we all missed you yesterday..

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/11 - 08:41 am
SeenIt, ever notice how the

SeenIt, ever notice how the comments lag about this time in the morning? Everyone is driving to work or something. I wonder how Sean handles it? Does he take one last look at the comments, jump in his car and hurry to work, all the while worrying what us out of the box commenters will say? I bet when he finally checks the comments again at work, he goes whew....sometimes....heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/11 - 08:43 am
So where is this retired

So where is this retired general who is going to be the next Chronicle president? Is he awol already? Somebody warn him to be careful with us bloggers. The last president of the Chronicle who attempted to hang with us only lasted two weeks.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/11 - 08:49 am
Yep....I have thought the

Yep....I have thought the samething about Sean.....(dang we do think alike at times)..there are some on here who make or break his day...:)
Lately I have gotten so tame..... not even like me....I don't know if it is the blood pressure pills or the fact that I really like 99% of the posters.....& he has weeded out most trouble makers....we don't even have HEATED conversations like in the past....could we be drugged & don't know it??

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/11 - 08:54 am
LOL...I wonder if he is

LOL...I wonder if he is somehow slipping us drugs via our computers? Have you clicked on any strange links recently?

But I bet I still make his delete finger itch now and then. Two this morning had it jumping I bet. The one right above your last one for instance. You have to be careful messing with his bosses.

Geez, life on the edge. Don't give me the dull, everyday folks. Give me those who look at the fireworks in the sky, the orange tracings that turn into dark blue lights that suddenly explode...and the crowd goes aaahhhhhh. (Thanks to Jack Kerouac.)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/11 - 08:58 am

We are living on the edge.....this video reminds me of a poster....

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/11 - 09:07 am
We say this in jest but the

We say this in jest but the day will come that they will find a way to program us from the computer..we won't feel a thing....you know like the flavors in food that makes us want more & more...like the gps on our cars & in our cellphones......everything will be bugged...
We might have to start meeting on your timber land in Aiken just to have a confidential conversation or Crawfordville to get away from prying eyes....
I kinda feel sorry for the ole guys in North Ga....caught in some terror ring ....they are old& sick....just running their mouths in some waffle house & BINGO now they are terror threats in jail...

That could be us one day...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/11 - 09:18 am
SeenIt, funny. I can see us

SeenIt, funny. I can see us being accused of being in a cyber terror ring. But I have no doubt the day of influencing you electronically is here. Heck, Madison Ave and all that. A company has to stake its entire existence on public perceptions these days.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/30/11 - 09:24 am
I worked for communications

I worked for communications ....it is amazing what they can do.....
mum--mum---mum---

Have to run now.....business is calling......you will have to hold the fort down..
We would have been great in the cia...:)

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 11/30/11 - 09:54 am
Have no fear you guys...trust

Have no fear you guys...trust me Sean is quite active in the AM....I hear from him on a regular basis......he be's my cyber stalker..LOL..that's a joke Sean......

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/30/11 - 10:43 am
Good Morning seenit,

Good Morning seenit, reference your 7:09 a.m. I luv ya, but they can't find it, if you haven't done it. Herman isn't honest. And quite naive and arrogant to think his stuff wouldn't emerge and bite him. It's really no loss other than to his family. I do hope none of the women profit financially.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/30/11 - 10:48 am
River, I can relate to the

River, I can relate to the perfomance track.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/30/11 - 10:50 am
Good Morning

Good Morning wondersnevercease, what's in the garden?

kmb413
kmb413 11/30/11 - 11:02 am
I was a Herman Cain

I was a Herman Cain supporter. I am so angry and dissappointed. As a woman, I think I would have known if my husband had a 13 year affair.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/30/11 - 11:41 am
Maybe you would, maybe you

Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't know if your spouse had been cheating for 13 years.

The degree to which a woman is knowledgeable in this area is related to her own experiences. A woman who has never cheated or been exposed to cheating through a significant relationship such as a father will have a much more difficult time seeing it in her own husband.

Cheating is far more prevalent than many choose to believe.
It is primarily related to three main issues: one's own inner satisfaction, personal character and OPPORTUNITY. Modern technology has drastically changed opportunities. Likewise, that same tech, has greatly increased one's chance of being caught.

A husband or wife who had cheating parents, are more likely to cheat than those who did not. I consistently tell my daughter to take a good look at the fathers of the young men that she chooses to date.

If you think there is no one out there with eyes for your spouse, you may be living in denial; many, many needy people.

The best way to prevent living this is to educate yourself on the subject, choose your partner carefully, and invest in your marriage.

Bruno
Bruno 11/30/11 - 11:45 am
Has anyone else noticed that

Has anyone else noticed that all of the allegations are coming only from his time at the restaurant association? Also as to the latest accuser she once sued a former employer for sexual harassment, single mother of two with numerous evictions on her record, had a protection order against her by a former business partner who also successfully sued her for libel. Thus far there has only been allegations with zero proof.
Granted even if/when these are found to be baseless, Cain is done.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/30/11 - 11:51 am
Willow, isn't Cain supposed

Willow, isn't Cain supposed to be a pastor, too? I'm not slamming religion, but I also know a local preacher who broke-up a friend's marriage. It makes you wonder.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/30/11 - 11:53 am
Bruno, her credit rating

Bruno, her credit rating isn't the issue; she wasn't applying to Cain for a loan. As to proof, it will not be hard to establish. Any divorce attorney worth a dime can document it in just a few short hours. Stick a fork in Cain, he is done.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/30/11 - 11:57 am
River, I don't know about

River, I don't know about Cain's religious views or credentials since I didn't support him to begin with. As to the local preacher, not shocking at all. Christians have the same dysfunctional family backgrounds as non christians and we all struggle with the need for significance. I sincerely hope that Cain, who did not have a chance of being elected to begin with, will resign and place his attention and focus on his own recovery and that of his family's.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/30/11 - 11:59 am
I have absolutely nothing to

I have absolutely nothing to rant or rave about!!!
This is serious. These anti-depressants have got to go!

Vito45
Vito45 11/30/11 - 12:24 pm
KMB, maybe she is like

KMB, maybe she is like Hillary; knows but doesn't really care as long as she can ride the train with him to the Whitehouse or Statehouse.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/30/11 - 12:33 pm
Vito, I certainly didn't get

Vito, I certainly didn't get that impression of her.

allhans
allhans 11/30/11 - 01:00 pm
seenit..The dumpster on Peach

seenit..The dumpster on Peach Orchard Rd has no connection to the post office. I don't know why the ranter can't state a better location. The use of "near the postoffice" throws people off.

Bruno
Bruno 11/30/11 - 01:08 pm
Willow, obviously it plays

Willow, obviously it plays into her credibility. None of these accusations have been substantiated. But, Cain is done for.

harley_52
harley_52 11/30/11 - 01:54 pm
Cain is starting to look

Cain is starting to look pretty good again.