Rants & Raves

Holiday comments from our readers:

A RAVE FOR Comm­issioner Wayne Guilfoyle. Recently after spending more than four hours on the telephone trying to resolve a problem with one of our county officers, one call to Mr. Guilfoyle and the problem was taken care of in short order. My question is why is it necessary to go through all of this to get something done in Richmond County?

I WOULD LIKE to give a huge shout-out to the Richmond County deputies who helped me. My fiance had a bad drug reaction to some new medication. My fiance was unsure of where he was and who he was and Richmond County deputies were able to find him and get him to the hospital to get care. Thank you again for all the help.

THANKS TO THE Lakeside High School band and the choir from First Baptist Church in North Augusta for the wonderful, patriotic service. The program was so moving as they honored the men and women who have served to protect our country. God bless those who took part in that service and God bless America.

THANK YOU, Augusta Chronicle, for helping me find my little tan pit bull. I am happy to have my pet back. Thank you very much.

A RAVE FOR Deputy Sheriff Christie (Columbia County) for helping me resolve a license plate issue in Washington, D.C. He went out of his way to uncover the issues.

RAVE TO journalist Don Rhodes and Chronicle staff photographer Michael Holahan for their outstanding feature in the Applause section regarding the Eryn Eubanks & The Family Fold Music Festival.

MY NAME IS Sarah. My husband and I were the victims of a recent house fire on McDowell Street. We want to thank all those who came to our rescue. The fireman worked hard to save our home. Family rushed to our side and actually took the shoes and socks off their feet to help keep us warm. Our neighbor not only called 911, but gave me a robe to wear. They brought out chairs, offered us tea and even allowed us the use of their bathroom. Another neighbor brought by a bag of munchies, water and even treats for our dog. Still another neighbor offered to allow us to stay with him while we figured out our next step. Even in the face of such tragedy, we have seen the hand of God in those around us. People spend so much time thinking that no one cares. We found out that kindness, mercy and faith are alive and well in the CSRA.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 11/23/11 - 11:58 am
Beautiful comments Sarah,

Beautiful comments Sarah, thank you so much for sharing. You truly get it. May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded with those you love and those who love you. May God continue to bless and enrich you.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 11/23/11 - 04:46 pm
What a heartwarming story by

What a heartwarming story by Sarah in this dreary time for them and many others. Thank God that nobody, including your precious pet, were hurt.
Love, kindness and caring are still alive - what better proof could one ask for than Sarah's story - but what a terrible way to have to find out!
Love and kindness to one another can go a long way. May God bless one and all - especially our troops in harms way and all those that are suffering. Let us all be thankful and spread love, kindness and help all year long - Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/23/11 - 05:17 pm
#1. I don't know how this guy

#1. I don't know how this guy is allowed to stay on the public computers for as long as he does at the library. Everyone else has a limit. #2. I found a computer on a different FLOOR than he did because he is sniffing twice a second every second that he is here. It's just one noisy and annoying among of a couple of others he has, which is why I went to a different floor to work in the first place. #3. So why did he have to take his next session on the computer on THIS floor, NEXT to mine when he finished on the other floor? (Murphy's Law, I guess). #4. If he's sniffing twice a second for the last hour and half, what is he doing here in the first place, SICK, especially without TISSUES TO BLOW HIS NOSE!!! #5. Could he at least bring some hand sanitizer or something to clean the keyboard off after he is done?? Yuck!!! Please people, if you're noisily sick, don't irritate everyone within hearing range. Go home to get better instead of spreading whatever you've got on every keyboard you use in the library! No wonder everyone is getting sick!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/23/11 - 05:20 pm
Was there any public notice

Was there any public notice that 401 on Walton Way would be closed early today? It is really frustrating to drive down there after being told you can pick up something from the records department ANYTIME and find the whole BUILDING locked up. Good grief!

cytoranger
cytoranger 11/23/11 - 09:37 pm
Sarah, as someone who watched

Sarah, as someone who watched their house burn as a child I understand the loss. As someone who's father in law perished in a fire I am rejoicing that ur family is safe. We lived and still live in rural Columbia county. You know , Gods country. We started the Winfield fire department after the loss of my wifes dad. Concerned members of our small community band together for more than two decades managing as best we could. My dad waste chief, my wife , myself, brothers and sister were all members. We, with the help of the amazing Winfield community family worked and trained and got up at all hours to render what aid we could. I am pleased the county finally stepped.in and took over. While some feelings were hurt , I saw itbas blessing. To have trained firefighters and EMS 24/7 is much better . As my father health faltered , these guys came again and again to assist in his care and transport. When my grandson passed away at try weeks from respiratory failure, I watched as they tried to bring him back. I saw the pain and tears in their eyes as they told us he was in Gods hands. I later went to the station and thanked the guys that came. They said they felt shame for not being able to help. I assured them the medical examiner tole us there was nothing they could have done. I guess, Sarah what I'm thing to say is there week't enough people in this world who take the time to thank others. We need more people like you, who in the mist of their own tragedy stop and thank those who help. god bless and keep you. Jim Best from Winfield says thanks to all who step in harms way to help others. Happy thanks giving

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 11/24/11 - 09:02 pm
A RAVE FOR Comm­issioner

YES! "Why is it necessary to go through all of this to get something done in Richmond County?"

Last thing we got RC to do took 3 yrs.
HAPPY Thanksgiving EVERYBODY:o)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/24/11 - 07:58 am
Lets have Thanksgiving

Lets have Thanksgiving everyday, Nothing but Raves today...Rare.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/24/11 - 08:04 am
I thought that too

I thought that too Cgee...rare but good.....Happy Thanksgiving to you btw....love & kisss sent your way....

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/24/11 - 08:07 am
Today & for a few days I will

Today & for a few days I will be in the CSRA.....I will check for trash on the highways....heheh.....new growth that cman has been talking about----Appling land ----making a list & checking it twice as they say...:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/24/11 - 08:16 am
Back at you B4. Have a good

Back at you B4. Have a good one.

etlinks
etlinks 11/24/11 - 08:44 am
Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, slow down and enjoy the view.

KSL
KSL 11/24/11 - 09:02 am
A huge rave for all of my AC

A huge rave for all of my AC friends, and especially for those I've had the extreme pleasure of meeting. And Happy Thanksgiving!

Tots
Tots 11/24/11 - 09:38 am
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Sarah,your story was very touching and proof that there is good people all around us..You sound like a very loving person ,therefore i believe you bring out the kindness and goodness of those around you..May God bless us all .

Tots
Tots 11/24/11 - 09:48 am
I'm thankful for getting to

I'm thankful for getting to know and meet so many of you this past year.
The AC was like therapy for me and others,so many of us became friends..I'll also take time to remember those that passed away this past year; and those who are still fighting an illness..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/24/11 - 09:58 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 11/24/11 - 10:25 am
Okguys.....try to be safe on

Okguys.....try to be safe on the highways cause the car next to you could be ME!!
I will check for the growth & new building that someone braggs about all the time....:)

Seeya later.

Vito45
Vito45 11/24/11 - 10:28 am
Travel safe seenit. Happy

Travel safe seenit. Happy Turkey Day to all my fellow bloggers.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/24/11 - 04:25 pm
There is so much to be

There is so much to be thankful for, so I will start by thanking God for a Savior, and His gift of life. I'm thankful for my family, and I am most thankful for all my friends, and for your prayers and support. I'm thankful for our Military, and our Veterans, and the gift of living in the greatest country in the world. Thank you all, and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/24/11 - 09:41 pm

Thank you to everyone that makes Thanksgiving Day special for their loved ones, families, friends, and others.... Today was a wonderful Thanksgiving for us and I hope it was for you, too.