Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

ANDY WILLIAMS HAS bladder cancer. It can be taken care of with medicine and treatment. I have been battling bladder treatment for four or five years. I couldn’t get the chemo that the doctor wanted me to have because I couldn’t afford it. But the good Lord had taken care of it, and now they say I have no cancer. One way or another, it can be taken care of if you believe in God.

A RAVE TO journalist Don Rhodes and Chronicle staff photographer Michael Holahan for their outstanding feature in the Applause section regarding the Eryn Eubanks and the Family Fold music festival, which was a great success in part because of their efforts in publicizing the event.

EVERY TIME Georgia Tech wins a game, they are on Page 5 or 6 in Sports. After their biggest game, against Clemson, they got a little spread on the side of the page. But Georgia can lose and they are on the front page of the paper and Sports. You are continuously shoving Georgia Tech like they don’t even exist.

I DO LIKE THE smaller newspaper. I would like it to be shorter in length, too, because it is still a little unwieldy.

I absolutely hate the layout for the crossword. It is long and bulky. It needs to be square so you can fold the paper in half.

ANYONE WHO IS able to work should be working at some kind of job. This country is broken financially, partly because able-bodied people are on welfare. We cannot continue as a country like this. We will fall.

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE considering taking their own precious life; please don’t. Someone here loves and needs you. Go to church and find a church family to call your own. God has you here for his purpose, not ours. There are people on this world who need you, like me.

A RANT FOR THE Columbia County Sheriff’s Office about the immigration bust. There are 10 million illegal immigrants living in the United States, and you are going after one man. I’m glad you have nothing better to do with your time. You need to be solving murders and child abuse cases and not something as stupid and petty as this.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/18/11 - 01:02 am
Ranter #8, you wasted your

Ranter #8, you wasted your wrath. Columbia County is not the investigating or arresting law enforcement in this case. It is a federal matter. CC was allowed escort and media relations which is the general protocol between agencies.

Commenter #6, you have a beautiful heart.

Raver #1, you are right. Whether He chooses to heal us, or to take us, it's ALL good with God.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 11/18/11 - 05:41 am
To the person complaining

To the person complaining about the Georgia Tech coverage...it's funny you say this because I really believe it's all about perception. I'm a Georgia fan, and, at the beginning of the season when we were doing so poorly, I thought the paper treated us like a red-headed stepchild also! And it seemed Carolina was all over the first 3 pages! But one thing I realized is that if you have a game that ends late at night, you probably won't make the front page of the paper...and I guess that's because of them having to set the layout for the front page of the sports section sooner. And don't forget, Tech has already had 2 late Thursday night games a couple of late Saturday night games. Besides, who cares about Georgia Tech??? (kidding!)

Techfan
Techfan 11/18/11 - 06:01 am
"ANYONE WHO IS able to work

"ANYONE WHO IS able to work should be working at some kind of job" Of course, if you have no car and have to rely on public transportation, you have to find a job that allows you to only work from around 7:00am-6:30 M-F, 11:00-6:30 Sat., and off on Sundays, holidays, Christmas Eve, and the day after Thanksgiving.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/18/11 - 08:13 am
"IT SEEMS THAT EVERY time a

"IT SEEMS THAT EVERY time a waterworks employee is caught doing something illegal, my water bill goes up."

Now that's FUNNY!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/18/11 - 08:18 am
I can't concentrate on the

I can't concentrate on the r&rs for that muscleman pic on the right side of this page....what were we saying?

Jane18
Jane18 11/18/11 - 08:39 am
Someone, please tell us what

Someone, please tell us what is stupid and petty about trying to find some "illegal"? This ranter should know by now, a number of illegals ARE murderers and child abusers. I think sometime people have heard the phrase 'illegal immigrant' so often they have forgotten what 'illegal' really means. I haven't......................

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/18/11 - 09:29 am
A number of legals are

A number of legals are murderers and child abusers as well, Jane18. Just a thought worth pondering...

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/18/11 - 10:48 am
Seenit, Good Morning. Did

Seenit, Good Morning. Did you catch the exchange on "Judge rules for Augusta in Baptists Ministers thread?" Got interesting. Of course nothing competes with muscle man this a.m.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/18/11 - 09:39 am
Ok now that I know Cgee

Ok now that I know Cgee wasn't caught up in that shooting in Appling I can concentrate again....well kinda....
Yes we know all able-bodied people should work...back in my younger days that was a given...they worked.....one of the reasons they did is because they wanted to eat-live in a house-buy a car...hey-----that's the answer ...STOP giving the freebies & people will have to WORK again....
Dang----I need to run for political office......just wonder if they will dig up all my past loves & questioned them...heheheh.....
Heck... THAT might get me elected.:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/18/11 - 09:42 am
YepWB...that did get

YepWB...that did get interesting.......see the ladies on here are tame compared to the men posters.........
hehehh.....when is the last time I asked another lady if she was threatening me???
Gets heated sometimes....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/18/11 - 09:45 am
Come to think about it....law

Come to think about it....law could be a judge ....I wonder if river knows .......??

allhans
allhans 11/18/11 - 09:52 am
I really did like those

I really did like those fighting back against the OWS holding the signs saying "we are the 53%", looked much better than those saying
"I am one of the 99%".

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/18/11 - 09:56 am
What about the signs saying

What about the signs saying ...Get a Job...

Pretty soon some ad agency will put ads on these ows folks....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/18/11 - 09:58 am

sometimes we don't need answers to every question.....

Elvis .....I miss ya!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/18/11 - 10:08 am
Good morning, Ranters and

Good morning, Ranters and Ravers! To the ranter complaining about the CC Sheriff's Department, one of the reasons you don't read very many articles about murders, child abuse, and other significant crimes is because thankfully, they are doing a great job. You would only have to live here to know that!

BamaMan
BamaMan 11/18/11 - 10:16 am
Millions of illegals in the

Millions of illegals in the country? Well don't you think law enforcement has to start SOMEWHERE? You can't arrest #750,000 before arresting #1!

Vito45
Vito45 11/18/11 - 10:27 am
No need to arrest THEM

No need to arrest THEM BamaMan, just arrest the ones employing them. No job and the majority go back home on their own. Or starve.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/18/11 - 10:38 am
Arrest American citizens

Arrest American citizens regardless of what the current laws are... So not you, Vito45.

Vito45
Vito45 11/18/11 - 10:39 am
Not sure what you mean

Not sure what you mean Willow, could you expand a little bit. Good morning btw.

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 11/18/11 - 10:42 am
"ANYONE WHO IS able to work

"ANYONE WHO IS able to work ...... if you have no car and have to rely on public transportation... you have to find a job that allows you to only work from around 7:00am-6:30 M-F, 11:00-6:30 Sat., and off on Sundays, holidays, Christmas Eve, and the day after Thanksgiving."

WHY should anyone have to work in the rain, cold, heat, wind, a hostile working environment, perhaps be sexually harassed at work, etc. when you can stay home, comfortable in your government provided home, eat government provided food, and if sick, seek and receive free government provided health care?

If the government provides your children a free breakfast, lunch, and soon dinner, why cook?

Why work for $8.50 an hour when you can sell drugs for $3K a week?

Why pay taxes when you can not work and receive a tax refund?

Why work when working people are forced to give up their hard earned money to support you?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/18/11 - 10:46 am
Good Morning, Vito! In the

Good Morning, Vito! In the State of Georgia, there are no laws currently on the books requiring permanent or temporary employers to verify anyone's citizenship. So why arrest them?

allhans
allhans 11/18/11 - 10:49 am
Don't be too hard on the last

Don't be too hard on the last ranter. He feels that he is the only one.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/18/11 - 10:51 am
I think you are right,

I think you are right, allhans. Very kind and perceptive of you.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/18/11 - 10:52 am
Vito, got to go, anyway, not

Vito, got to go, anyway, not important. xxo

Vito45
Vito45 11/18/11 - 11:03 am
There are federal

There are federal requirements to verify immigration status, which is as it should be. However, enforcement is very lax. In my perfect world, there would be biometric identification of all immigrants, which gets verified again at time of employment. Failure to comply should be met with serious consequences for the employer. With that, appropriate taxes could be collected and the playing field leveled a little bit for the citizen worker.

(edit) I would also like to know whyizzit that I have to present a passport at the Canadian border, and you see cars by the thousand lined up at our southern border crossings coming into the U.S. daily that don't have to present a passport to enter. (that I'm aware of. Someone feel free to correct me on that if you know different).

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 11/18/11 - 10:55 am
"Pretty soon some ad agency

"Pretty soon some ad agency will put ads on these ows folks"

The Democrat National Committee (DNC) is in the process of placing OBAMA2012 signs on the back of each of the OWS creeps.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 11/18/11 - 01:16 pm
Time for climate change

Time for climate change deniers like Rush Limbaugh to take a hike. http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/globalwarming/story/2011-11-17/r...

allhans
allhans 11/18/11 - 02:51 pm
JRHC..Just don't listen. I

JRHC..Just don't listen.
I don't. Not that I have anything against him as you do, but I don't want to listen to a steady stream of negativism. It gets me depressed.

drivenslow
drivenslow 11/18/11 - 05:50 pm
ACTUALLY the reason this

ACTUALLY the reason this country is so broke is because of people THAT DO HAVE JOBS the wall streeters the lobbyists the politicians ID SAY WELFARE IS THE LEAST OF OUR PROBLEMS but it gives us a bad guy to blame

drivenslow
drivenslow 11/18/11 - 05:51 pm
most rants i read about

most rants i read about welfare seem more outta jealousy than anything especially when it has been proven that 78% of drug users are EMPLOYED...useful morons lol