Rants & Raves

PEOPLE OF “Occupy” movements, enough is enough. You can use your voices and show your fists if you don’t pollute your protest areas and can police all your own people. Otherwise, don’t expect to get free food and provisions in a public area for endless time. Enough already.

THERE WERE comments made that a multiple murderer like Gadhafi “cheated” people out of the justice of a trial. I think it was more of a blessing we are not subjected to years of him hanging around, lying about the murders and fighting the trial. Also a big savings from having to house, feed and protect him in a prison.

RAVES TO OUR community for giving Officer Paugh all of the honor he rightly deserved.

SO CALLED “scientists” are claiming the speed of light is faster than it is. Huh?! Typical modern “geniuses” love to claim discoveries that no one can prove, or disprove. But none have the guts to admit that while they claim to know the speed of light, no one claims to know the speed of “dark.” As soon as light goes away, dark appears and was there already; thus dark is faster than light and is faster than itself. This is the theory of irrelativity. See how easy it is to be a modern scientist?

BECAUSE POLITICIANS won’t stop overspending, just cut off their money. Then government will be forced to get smaller, thus more like the Constitution requires.

I FEEL THAT police officers who pull over vehicles would be safer from ambush if the tinted window law was STRICTLY enforced.

A RANT FOR THE Richmond County school bus system. It was known that the school bus system had experienced problems at the beginning of the school year. However, it’s the second grading period and Spirit Creek Middle School along with other schools in the Richmond County School District are still experiencing problems. I am just wondering whose responsibility is it to get this transportation problem on track.

MY SISTER FOUND OUT last year she was diagnosed with breast cancer. The doctor also found a tumor on her kidney. I told her if I ever have to go through this, I hope that I can be as strong and brave as she is. This year is the first time our family and friends walked for breast cancer, and it won’t be our last. It was just wonderful to see so many people out there for such a good cause, and the money stays right here in our area.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/14/11 - 12:05 pm
What was all the gunfire

What was all the gunfire terrorizing citizens from Windsor Spring/Meadowbrook area all the way to subdivisions around Walmart at Deans Bridge and Lumpkin Road two nights ago? And yes, it WAS reported to dispatch, by multiple persons.

drivenslow
drivenslow 11/14/11 - 01:32 pm
oh tinted windows and ambush

oh tinted windows and ambush eh well how dark were the windows of that cadillac when the officer was shot

BamaMan
BamaMan 11/14/11 - 02:00 pm
Any question why the people

Any question why the people that DON'T burglarize, rob, gunfight, are continuing to leave Richmond County? I wish we could put them all on an island together and let them fight it out to the end. They obviously have no respect for anyone or anyone's property. "I want it, so I'm gonna take it" attitude.

allhans
allhans 11/14/11 - 02:17 pm
This shoild make rant #1

This shoild make rant #1 happy.

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Riot-clad law enforcement officers cleared out Oakland's weeks-old anti-Wall Street encampment just before dawn Monday, arresting Occupy demonstrators and removing tents from a downtown plaza after issuing several warnings over the weekend.

Mac
Mac 11/14/11 - 02:54 pm
What was it? I'll bet I can

What was it? I'll bet I can guess .... drugs, gangs, bad guys. I don't care what it was, I'm just thankful I wasn't a part of it.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/14/11 - 02:57 pm
SeenitB4 & Riverman, where

SeenitB4 & Riverman, where are you? Got something good for two grits lovers today...from Garden and Guns. It's so gorgeous out today, having a hard time deciding what I want to do first, right after a late lunch on the porch.

Greg’s Shrimp and Grits
(Serves 4–6)

3 cups water
1 cup Geechie Boy stone-ground grits
1 ½ cups half and half
Salt to taste
Dollop of butter
Handful finely chopped tomatoes and onions
1 lb. peeled shrimp
½ cup white wine

Bring water to a boil, and add grits slowly. Cover. Reduce heat to low, and stir occasionally. As grits thicken, add half and half. Continue to cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

Shrimp Gravy
Put dollop of butter in frying pan, and sauté tomatoes and onions over medium-high heat until they begin to caramelize. Toss in shrimp. Using a wooden spoon, continue to stir shrimp, tomatoes, and onions until shrimp turn pink. Splash in ½ cup white wine, and continue to stir until shrimp are done and wine has reduced.

Plate grits. Pour entire shrimp and gravy over grits, and serve.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/14/11 - 03:34 pm
The "occupiers" who are so

The "occupiers" who are so against big Wall St. opened and account with Wells Fargo. Makes perfect sense to me.

Attacking a camera crew for "portraying them in a negative light" also makes perfect sense.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/14/11 - 05:14 pm
Hi Gang, What problems are we

Hi Gang, What problems are we solving today?

Also, gotta say a big HELLO to Mac. Great to see you here, Mac. Hope you are well and thriving!

Willow, thank you for the great recipe. I saved it to my recipe foulder.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/14/11 - 06:04 pm
Love the recipe WB...but cook

Love the recipe WB...but cook for 1 hour....that's a looong time to wait for grits.......:)
RM could be anywhere.......right now I'm trying to stay out of goodoleboys way...he is trying to put something together & doing it w/o reading directions & everytime I say something he tells me to butt out..MEN!
They won't READ directions if their life depended on it!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/14/11 - 07:01 pm
You know the ole joke on why

You know the ole joke on why it takes a million sperm to fertilize one egg....They won't stop & ask directions.....I have seen proof today....3 hours & hubby has 2 sides together...heheh....of course I can't say anything :(:("(:(-----seeya in the am!!!

Frankie-B
Frankie-B 11/14/11 - 07:37 pm
Ok, this is simple, but a

Ok, this is simple, but a staple. Marinate tender-sized pieces of chicken in 3 parts milk to one part soy sauce overnight. Dust with rice flour, dip in beaten egg, then roll in panko. Fry golden in peanut oil. Dip in soy and/or hot Asian mustard. To go with, roll a good melting cheese in small wonton wrappers, and also fry golden. Same dips. Wash down with an Asahi! Snack food from Northern Japan!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/15/11 - 12:44 pm
Okay, Mac, good for you, if

Okay, Mac, good for you, if you DON'T LIVE in 30906 you can be thankful. Otherwise, IF YOU LIVE HERE, you are part of it, like it or not! I am thankful when the projectiles are not hitting my pets, home and/or property. So far I haven't been hit but there have been a few close calls that included my home being damaged. I'm not waiting for them to get that close again before calling in a report. Those of us that don't have our heads in the sand while living here are going to continue to report the problems until we don't live here anymore or have family here anymore. If you don't report what you observe, there isn't ANY chance of getting something done about it!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/15/11 - 12:45 pm
Okay, is anyone else having

Okay, is anyone else having their comments queued for moderation? Any idea why?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/15/11 - 12:46 pm
If you write anything in

If you write anything in capital letters, does that automatically queue your response?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 11/15/11 - 12:47 pm
Because all of my other

Because all of my other comments are going through just fine.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 11/15/11 - 01:15 pm
AutumnLeaves, capital letters

AutumnLeaves, capital letters don't have anything to do with it. the spam filter has gotten very sensitive lately for some reason. I'm looking into ways to improve it. If one of your comments is caught, we will repost it as soon as we are able.