Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

GEORGIA GOVERNMENT is broke; Georgia citizens are broke. Yet Azziz insists on increasing spending. Just exactly whom does he work for?

ODD THAT SCHOOLS lack money for Bible classes, yet they seem to have an abundance of classes that teach sex-ed and other anti-Bible stuff.

RANT TO THE CHRONICLE sports writers. Georgia Tech will never have their respect. Instead of high praise for a Tech win against a highly rated team, Clemson gets the headline as having their season crushed. In addition, no matter what Tech does, Georgia always has top billing.

HERMAN CAIN HAS one main problem. He used to be president of a Federal Reserve Bank, a power center for the power elite. That’s super bad. It appears the powers-that-be are manipulating both sides, so no matter who wins the election, the power elite will be in charge.

APPARENTLY commissioners say they got lied to about parking lots. If they got flim-flammed, they’re stupid. And if somebody lied to them, lock up the liar!

HOORAY FOR THE ladies and their features of their breast cancer stories for October! So good to know of some of their steps and positive outcomes. Bravo to the staff for the stories and photos.

A BIG RANT against the original people of the Angel Food program that paid themselves each a half a million dollars and up. When I donate, I expect most of my monies or foods to be passed along to the ones in need right here in the CSRA. Golden Harvest has been the most honorable I’ve known in town, so a big rave to them!

FIVE YEARS AGO, I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I’m a survivor! I also feel that The Chronicle should dedicate some space/color/etc. to all the other cancers.

HISTORIC OCTOBER snowfall in the North­east. Gotta love this global warming thing.

MR. MAYOR, IT’S TIME to stop talking about a new baseball stadium and get the police these protective vests that are needed. That’s important to the taxpayers.

THERE AREN’T MANY positive things talked about in the Augusta community it seems. However, the outpouring of support for Officer Paugh is unbelievable and heartwarming. It makes you proud to be from the Garden City. A salute to Sherriff Strength and all of the police officers.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/06/11 - 07:03 am
I'm a little tired this

I'm a little tired this morning. I had to wake up at 2 AM to set all my clocks back to 1 AM. (Hope I got that right.)

Frankie-B
Frankie-B 11/06/11 - 07:33 am
Lest we forget: the most

Lest we forget: the most recent American Cancer Society estimates for male breast cancer in the United States are for 2011:

- About 2,140 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed among men

- About 450 men will die from breast cancer

- Breast cancer is about 100 times less common among men than among women. For men, the lifetime risk of getting breast cancer is about 1 in 1,000. The number of breast cancer cases in men relative to the population has been fairly stable over the last 30 years.

The prognosis for men with breast cancer was once thought to be worse than that for women, but recent studies have not found this to be true. In fact, men and women with the same stage of breast cancer have a fairly similar outlook for survival.

Frankie-B
Frankie-B 11/06/11 - 07:42 am
Lest we forget: The most

Lest we forget: The most recent American Cancer Society estimates for male breast cancer in the United States are for 2011:

About 2,140 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed among men

About 450 men will die from breast cancer

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/11 - 08:13 am
River you might be kin to

River you might be kin to GOB....he wanted to change the clocks in midday on Saturday & get it over with he said....what does a clock store do?? :)

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/06/11 - 08:17 am
I like that idea of just

I like that idea of just changing the clocks early and get it over with. Like on Friday to get you used to it by Monday. But the age old question, why not just keep it DST year round? Huh? Why not?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/11 - 08:19 am
I think what stood out about

I think what stood out about Officer Paugh was...
He wasn't on duty but he stopped anyway..
He had just finished a job & was probably tired but he stopped anyway..
He didn't think about danger......he just stopped to help others..
All of these things stand out in my mind .....the pay for these guys should increase ......if we really want to honor them
PAY THEM what they're worth.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/06/11 - 08:21 am
I really have a fake Rolex,

I really have a fake Rolex, but it doesn't allow you to set the time on it without the face falling off, springs popping out of everwhere and an oil geyser shooting up out of the stem hole. I just leave the old time on it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/11 - 08:23 am
Arizona and Hawaii are the

Arizona and Hawaii are the only two States that don't observe Daylight Saving time. However, there are other American territories that don't observe it as well. that would be Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, and America Samoa.

You could always live in Arizona....Hawaii.....Virgin Islands..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/06/11 - 08:25 am
Who cares about time in

Who cares about time in Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, and America Samoa? It's all one big beach with sunlight and warmth coming down on you with a drink in your hand.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/11 - 08:29 am
Haheheh....My daughter has a

Haheheh....My daughter has a real Rolex......I beg her to stop wearing the dang thing in todays economy .....do you know many females are leaving their nice jewelry at home ...
maybe she just needs a fake!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/11 - 08:33 am
Well if you do go to Hawaii

Well if you do go to Hawaii you would have to brace for the "stuff"coming from the earthquake in Japan...I hear the mass is as big as Texas...now someone needs to find a way to recycle that.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/11 - 08:37 am
Tripbase is starting a

Tripbase is starting a community: Apply to be a Founding Member.
Top 10 Happiest Countries in the World
by Katie

Money, love, freedom – happiness means something different to everyone. But where in the world are we most likely to find it??

I often wonder if certain countries are simply happier than others. Yes, is the answer to this question!

Check out this list of the Top 10 Happiest Countries in the World, based on a recent study.*

And if you fancy setting off on a quest for true happiness, our tip is to head for northern Europe…

Who is the Happiest of Them All?

1. Denmark
2. Finland
3. Netherlands
4. Sweden
5. Ireland
6. Canada
7. Switzerland
8. New Zealand
9. Norway
10. Belgium

Now what makes these people happier than most??

I always thought it would be the tropics....sun & with a drink in your hand!

allhans
allhans 11/06/11 - 08:51 am
I saw a program a few days

I saw a program a few days ago where a guest was laughing at American for clinging to their Rolex and Cadillacs. To the Brits that is old hat, and I never yet owned either. So now the time is past and before I ever got there ...or something like that.
Another dream bites the dust. :)

allhans
allhans 11/06/11 - 08:55 am
I watched a show when they

I watched a show when they were interviewing people on the strreet in Denmark in regard to the happiest issue. The answer was that they receive 50% of whatever they earn. They know that the level they are on, they will stay on. No worrying about advancing or such, just live each day, knowing nothing will change.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/11 - 09:00 am
Even Canada is on the list..I

Even Canada is on the list..I just don't think cold weather would make me a happy camper....
I still love the SOUTH...they can have the ice & snow.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/11 - 09:24 am
The Broken Window

The Broken Window Theory....

The broken windows theory is a criminological theory of the norm setting and signaling effects of urban disorder and vandalism on additional crime and anti-social behavior. The theory states that monitoring and maintaining urban environments in a well-ordered condition may stop further vandalism as well as an escalation into more serious crime.

The theory was introduced in a 1982 article by social scientists James Q. Wilson and George L. Kelling. Since then it has been subject to great debate both within the social sciences and in the public debate. The theory has been used as a motivation for several reforms in criminal policy

Something has always puzzled me...why is it that we have time/money to repair a country after a war BUT we can't find the money/time to repair our own broken bridges-streets- waterlines--sidewalks---etc.
IMO we need to repair/replace all of this in the USA .....some cities have been going bankrupt...some are in dire straits of natural disasters.....I think it's time we made America work again---like it did in the past ...show me a politician who thinks like this...I'll vote for him

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/11 - 09:47 am
river said.. SeenIt, yep.

river said..

SeenIt, yep. When Rudy Giuliani became mayor of NYC he used the theory by going after those who jump subway turnstiles and so on. He said you had to stop the small lawbreaking to prevent the big ones. It works.

We need Rudy in the WHouse....I don't care how many times he was married.

Broad Street fire still investigated

Downtown streets were closed for several hours Tuesday as firefighters worked to put out a blaze in a Broad Street building.