Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A RANT TO THE people living in the Manchester neighborhood that told my children were too big to trick or treat. I think that if my kids are still school age and love the holiday then let them celebrate it.

THANKS TO THE idiot who put a dog biscuit with purple icing in my grandson’s trick or treat bag. Probably would not have hurt him but that is just gross and it scary to think that weirdo lives in the neighborhood.

I AGREE WITH THE ranter about the need for “blue” recognition of men who fight cancer. I would really like to know what all they go through for the breast and non-breast type cancers. How about some articles there in honor of male cancer survivors, please?

A BIG RANT to the mother who dragged her little boy around in his costume on Sunday to solicit for candies from homes.

HUGE RAVES TO THE Chronicle for going to Reuters News Service “to diversify the political news coverage”. I do not know if Reuters will more “fair and balanced” than the Associated Press but is obvious that the AP is slanting all their reporting to ensure Obama’s re-election.

TO THE WOMAN who ignored the stop sign and pulled out right in front of me on Mike Padgett in not only her pickup, but with trailer in tow, if the left lane had not been clear for me to swerve to avoid hitting you, there may have been another senseless death due to your actions. My child was in the car with me so learn how to drive with some sense or get off of the road!

YOU KEEP ON CUTTING the paper and you will cut yourselves out of business. Not everyone has computers.

ANOTHER RANT against the editorial page. I guess you have nothing else to do except report on Coach Spurrier. He had every right to ban Ron Morris from their press conferences. He is a very biased reporter just like The Augusta Chronicle.

Comments (66)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/03/11 - 05:51 am

"TO THE (OLDER) teenage thief

"TO THE (OLDER) teenage thief who stole the werewolf hand plasma globe off our front porch on Halloween – you can explain to the over 100 kids who come by each year, why there will be no more Halloween handouts at the cool house on Jamaica Drive next year or any other."

Come on man, don't make 100 kids suffer because of the low life thief who stole your property. It wasn't the 100 kids fault. Don't you see that if you don't participate in Halloween (which you obviously enjoy) then not only do you and the kids lose but the low life thief wins. Take the year to think about it but the kids need a "cool house on Jamaica drive". Do it for the kids. It will make you happy!

avidreader
avidreader 11/03/11 - 05:57 am

Halloween is NOT a holiday.

Halloween is NOT a holiday. It just a fun day.

LadyS
LadyS 11/03/11 - 08:19 am

@Shrimp Don't make the kids

@Shrimp
Don't make the kids suffer - just monitor the happenings in your area so no one can steal from you again. Esp some little delinquent.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/03/11 - 08:52 am

Good Morning America, Another

Good Morning America,
Another comparison about the conversation on our children. Here is some that have problems but can deal with it and seem happy.I don't think there is much bulling going on in their world.

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 11/03/11 - 09:07 am

SFB n your city this

SFB n your city this beautiful a.m. having Shrimp and Grits for breakfast. How could you leave this place?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/11 - 09:09 am

Beautiful video Cgee.....just

Beautiful video Cgee.....just goes to show what kids can do.

Last night I saw a program about kids in Shanghai...VERY smart kids wanting to learn---their school had few resources but it didn't matter to them....9 hours a day in school-most of summer-weekends & they are on the top level in every subject....not all of China has this quality of learning BUT they are striving toward that....we on the other hand are trying to catch up.......crazy isn't it---we better WAKE UPB4 it's too late.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/11 - 09:12 am

WB....Ya making me jealous

WB....Ya making me jealous girl---one week in Florida--next Savannah---now Charleston.....next it will be NEW YORK CITY...:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/03/11 - 09:15 am

Going for a Pre-Op. I would

Going for a Pre-Op. I would like to say, IMO, that this great nation is being destroyed plus all the issues discussed here was caused by "Political Correctness."When are we going to realize to speak and act the truth.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/03/11 - 11:23 am

Huge rant for Economy

Huge rant for Economy Sanitation of Martinez and a warning to Columbia County residents. Avoid using this company. It has been 3 week since my trash was picked up despite repeated calls to them. I was always promised "somebody will go by today". Well it ain't happened. I am sure some other company will appreciate my business.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/11 - 09:34 am

What Cgee....going for a

What Cgee....going for a preop??????...take care.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/03/11 - 09:35 am

Willow I always tell people

Willow I always tell people "Temorary Insanity"
Actually we did for my wife's carreer although I go back almost once a month. I'll be there next week for a few days!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/11 - 10:17 am

AJC sez...4 accused by feds

AJC sez...4 accused by feds don't fit the profile...heheh...no joke!!

The article goes on to say that castor beans dried down will only create a powder that isn't the killing type....so the plan is not as deadly as first thought......
Gingrich is saying it will end up with Gingrich & Romney in the election...I just wonder if he is going for the VP slot...
Fed advises growth forecast downward...jobless rate Bernake said.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/03/11 - 10:23 am

Remind me never to eat castor

Remind me never to eat castor beans...whatever they are.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/03/11 - 10:31 am

Cobalt, git-er-done, Brother!

Cobalt, git-er-done, Brother! The sooner you repair the problem, the sooner we can do some "plinking." Thoughts and prayers go out to you, CG!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/11 - 10:33 am

For river.. Deaths caused by

For river..

Deaths caused by ingestion of castor plant seeds are rare, partly because of the indigestible capsule, and partly because ricin can be digested (although it is resistant).[7] The pulp from eight beans is considered toxic for an adult.[8] A solution of saline and glucose has been used to treat ricin overdose.[9] Rauber and Heard have written that close examination of early 20th century case reports indicates that public and professional perceptions of ricin toxicity "do not accurately reflect the capabilities of modern medical management."[10]

Nahhh.....I don't think castor beans will take you down river...

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/03/11 - 10:41 am

SeenIt, are the castor beans

SeenIt, are the castor beans used for anything? Not in any foods I hope?

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/03/11 - 10:46 am

I just read castor beans are

I just read castor beans are where they get castor oil from. No wonder it tastes so bad. It's doggone poison. Heh.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/03/11 - 10:47 am

Hey Riverman. Don't eat

Hey Riverman. Don't eat Castor Beans.
Just reminding you like you asked us to. hehe

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/03/11 - 10:51 am

Catch you with castor beans

Catch you with castor beans and they label you a neoconfederate terrorist.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/11 - 10:54 am

I really learn a lot each morning just reading the r&rs.....
The plant looks like a maryjane leaf to me..but hey....what do I know...just an innocent granny typing away .....heheheh

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/11 - 10:57 am

If the seed is swallowed

If the seed is swallowed without chewing, and there is no damage to the seed coat, it will most likely pass harmlessly through the digestive tract. However, if it is chewed or broken and then swallowed, the ricin toxin will be absorbed by the intestines.

Just DON'T chew.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/11 - 10:59 am

My hubby wanted to cook some

My hubby wanted to cook some lima beans yesterday....he did....can I say the aftermath of lima beans can be deadly too!!!! Yikes.

happychimer
happychimer 11/03/11 - 11:11 am

seenit some men don't even

seenit some men don't even need beans to be loud.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/03/11 - 12:16 pm

Food talk has me thinking

Food talk has me thinking about supper (you are from the south if you eat breakfast, dinner, and supper). I am leaning towards pork chops baked with apple sauce, tater salad, and string beans with a hint of vinegar and just a little sugar. I was informed earlier I am the designated cook for tonight.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/03/11 - 12:19 pm

I'll bet GOB eats supper

I'll bet GOB eats supper too!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/03/11 - 01:11 pm

Cobalt back, Good news from

Cobalt back, Good news from that there Pre-Op talk meeting. ( My first one ever). Walked in with no pain except when trying to reach above my head and this sweet lady said I will be in extreme pain for 3 to 5 days after they hook up the rubber bands that I tore 3 1/2 months ago. Are you smart to go from no pain to extreme pain. Don't make sense to me.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/03/11 - 01:13 pm

OH, I will be in a sling for

OH, I will be in a sling for about 6 weeks....one finger typing, I will have to cut my comments down from 10 words to two.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/03/11 - 01:15 pm

I just thought of something,

I just thought of something, got to get stocked up on Crown Royal Reserve.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/03/11 - 01:18 pm

Have to do some real

Have to do some real practicing to shot my guns with one hand....darn.

Vito45
Vito45 11/03/11 - 01:54 pm

CobaltGeorge Thursday, Nov. 3

CobaltGeorge
Thursday, Nov. 3 1:15 PM

"I just thought of something, got to get stocked up on Crown Royal Reserve."

You have good taste my friend! I don't drink it because it is TOO smooth, and I have a tendency to overindulge. I stick with something with a little more bite that I will just take small sips, eat ice, etc.