Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A RAVE FOR Dr. Ryals at Warren Road Elementary. You are the type of principal everybody wants and we are lucky to have you at our school. You are sweet and kind to all of us and I want to tell you how much we appreciate and love you.

SO NOW THERE ARE no local candidates for fire chief? City will spend $30K to find a new chief from New Jersey?? Or somewhere like it? Are they just plain crazy? Or egomaniacs?

I WATCHED MY grandson play football at North Augusta’s Lions Field, I noticed the mom in front of me. Her daughter, a cheerleader, was cheering her heart out. Not that mom ever noticed, because Mom was completely absorbed in her phone for the entire game. If a parent can’t give support for her child for the duration of a football game, she really needs to just stay home. I feel sorry for the ignored child.

ESPN MAY HAVE BEEN unfair to Hank Williams Jr. when they suspended his opening to MNF for things he said; but his career is receiving a boost, and that intro was getting tired anyway.

AARP’S LEADERS ARE as bad as the bully union bosses. They are running ads threatening any reform to Medicare but they happily endorsed Obamacare that takes hundreds of millions from Medicare.

WHY ISN’T THERE a blue newspaper for the men like me? I’m a five-year throat cancer survivor. The treatment was terrible. How about the men who have gone through and survived different kinds of cancer? Where is our love and caring?

SOME MAY NOT CARE for Newt, but he is smart, has good ideas and has been very effective in each GOP Debate.

A HUGE RANT to the powers that be planning on searching for a head fire chief out of state.

RANT TO THE Richmond County tag office. I purchased a car in September and bought a tag. My birthday is in October and they required me to buy another tag. I found out that is a state law that all you should have to pay is $5. They never mentioned that. That is not fair.

I HAVE LIVED HERE 14 years. In the past 5 years, this city has changed so much that I am not happy and am considering moving. We have gone from a great city that welcomed tourism to a city that is nothing but hoodlums.

RunningMan
RunningMan 10/30/11 - 07:27 pm
Too bad Newt is not smart

Too bad Newt is not smart enough to stay married.

Vito45
Vito45 10/30/11 - 09:40 pm
If he was a Democrat it

If he was a Democrat it wouldn't be a problem would it? After all, just look at the people in their party they've circled the wagons around for so much more.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/31/11 - 08:35 am
Funny thing about

Funny thing about Newt.....when I look at him I think of the Pillburys dough boy for some reason....
Yeh he is smart but that EGO will get you everytime.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/31/11 - 08:37 am
Searching for a Fire Chief

Searching for a Fire Chief outside of state??? Why....spend money for the search?

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/31/11 - 08:49 am
Newt is smarter than all the

Newt is smarter than all the rest put together. His personal life has nothing to do with how he would perform as president. Too bad the religious right won't realize that the best man in the world can have a bad marriage or fall in love with someone else. At least he married the woman and wasn't just boinking somebody in the back office or something like Clinton. Nobody leads a perfect life and if we keep looking for somebody that is perfect we will never have a good candidate. Oh yeh, and I don't care if somebody sued Cain for sexual harassment either.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/31/11 - 08:58 am
Dichotomy posted: Too bad the

Dichotomy posted:

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 10/31/11 - 09:04 am
Newt's biggest political

Newt's biggest political mistake...getting caught.
New'ts greatest virtue...owning up to it.

To be a republican...expectation of values.
To be a democrat...expectation of nothingness.

Newt could always run as a Dem!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 10/31/11 - 09:10 am
Ranter 3, that mom buggin

Ranter 3, that mom buggin you, could be texting her sister who was undergoing a chemo treatment at the time. You don't know. If you see something and don't like it, find something to change in you. It's the only way that is profitable.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/31/11 - 09:35 am
Newt's biggest problem is his

Newt's biggest problem is his name.
Who in the world name's their child Newt? (Except maybe Lilly Munster.)

I always think "eye of newt" when I hear his name.
Perfect for Halloween though.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 10/31/11 - 09:54 am
Ranter 6, I'll probably get

Ranter 6, I'll probably get into trouble over this, but I agree. Let's have some blue for the boys! and some focus on other types of cancer. Many are unaware of the rise in head and neck/throat cancers. Thyroid cancer is on the rise as well. Breast cancer awareness has done an excellent job with their campaign and as a rsult many lives are being saved. Praying for you, my dad had throat cancer. It's a very painful one. Glad you are doing well.

allhans
allhans 10/31/11 - 11:23 am
If Newt is serious about

If Newt is serious about being president he could switch parties and run against Obama in the Democrat primary. If the smartest man in the room won, guess what?

allhans
allhans 10/31/11 - 11:25 am
BTW..His name is Newton..now

BTW..His name is Newton..now wouldn't you rather be called Newt.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 10/31/11 - 02:34 pm

allhans
allhans 10/31/11 - 02:36 pm
I have a problem with the

I have a problem with the last rant. Most Augusta residents are NOT hoodlums.

Vito45
Vito45 10/31/11 - 02:51 pm
Same here allhans. Hooligans

Same here allhans. Hooligans are among us everywhere, but Augusta isn't much different today than it has been for several years.

Vito45
Vito45 10/31/11 - 02:53 pm
This bears repeating: Little

This bears repeating:

Little Lamb
Monday, Oct. 31 8:58 AM

Dichotomy posted:

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/31/11 - 06:35 pm
O.K. George, I'm here Bro,

O.K. George, I'm here Bro, where are ya? :)

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/31/11 - 06:46 pm
"Also, too bad the religious

"Also, too bad the religious right won't realize that the best man can be a Mormon."

Or a Catholic, or a Methodist, or a Jew, or a nondenominational protestant, or a........well, you get where I'm going with this!

whl81
whl81 10/31/11 - 06:55 pm
To the rude group of people

To the rude group of people sitting behind me in the movie theatre Saturday night- you should be ashamed of yourselves carrying on like you did. The terrible language was uncalled for and if you didn't like the movie you should have left. You were so loud my family and I could not even hear the movie. Not sure if you noticed but going out to the movies isn't cheap these days and some of us would like to enjoy what we work so hard to earn. If you want to socialize try staying outside. You were rude and VERY disrepectful of others. BTW, because of you, I was refunded my money.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/31/11 - 07:27 pm
Warning to Columbia County

Warning to Columbia County residents contemplating using Economy Sanitation.... DON'T DO IT.... It has been 3 weeks since my trash has been picked up. Even after repeated calls with them promising to get it today. Next call will be to the Attorney General for services not rendered and then one more call to Economy Sanitation to pick up the trash can. I wonder if they will do that???

Pu239
Pu239 10/31/11 - 07:36 pm
I sure hope the "Relish"

I sure hope the "Relish" promotion that appears twice as each page loads will soon be over.........very irritating