Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WE HAVE A mathematician in the White House. He has divided the people, multiplied the debt, added massive regulation burdens and subtracted from jobs and our respect in the world.

A RANT FOR THE church on the corner of 10th and Telfair. Just because low-income people live next door, you have NO right to keep ringing those loud bells.

COUNTRY SINGER Hank Williams Jr.’s shot at the nation’s first black president compared to Adolf Hitler was completely petty and unnecessary.

RANT FOR THE driver of the bright yellow Jeep that laid on the horn as we were turning into church a little before 10 a.m. off Washington Road. My son has had his permit for less than two months and might have turned a little slower than others. Give people a break!

HOPEFUL PRESIDENTS keep talking about their plans to “create jobs.” Don’t believe anybody who says that.

AS I LISTEN TO THE GOPs dig dirt and poor-mouth each other, I would vote for Charles Manson before I would vote for anything I have seen on TV....including our president.

THE RICHMOND COUNTY school bus service is in very poor condition as are the schools...so don’t you think we should give our superintendent a big bonus for poor performance?

FOR ONCE I AGREE with what Iran is saying: this assassination plot has been fabricated – not by the United States but by our president, to make him and Eric Holder look good.

WITH THE SIZE OF the new Chronicle, I feel like I am reading the Enquirer. I don’t like it.

ISN’T IT PITIFUL that John Barrow needs to call and aggravate people at 8 at night? He is killing his votes. I hope that other people agree with this.

I HAD TROUBLE with cats and other animals until I called Augusta Animal Control. The courtesy and speed with which they took care of the situation was the best thing I have found in Augusta. Thank you.

BRING BACK THE draft and more of the protesters will try to stay in school to avoid the draft. Less protesters, more jobs.

MY RANT IS in regards to Wall street protesters. Where were you a few days before the state put Troy Davis to death? You all are protesting and some of you don’t vote.

RunningMan
RunningMan 10/29/11 - 04:18 am
"He has divided the people"

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/29/11 - 06:04 am
The best thing you found in

The best thing you found in Augusta was the Augusta Animal Control....wow...how long have you been in the CSRA?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/29/11 - 06:08 am
Well the GOPS are going at

Well the GOPS are going at it...no doubt....makes it ugly for next years election....the Dems will use all of the negative remarks again & again...haven't we seen this movie b4?

Why are the Richmond county schools & bus service in bad shape ...could it be money & attention are spent in "other" places??

nannygoat
nannygoat 10/29/11 - 07:42 am
How does the church bell

How does the church bell ringing distress you? If this is your only complaint, you are truly blessed!! Make a joyful noise; God is good and spreading His love is Good News!!

Techfan
Techfan 10/29/11 - 07:43 am
#10-If that's your criteria

#10-If that's your criteria for not voting for someone, you may as well stay home. The season has barely started. Trust me, you'll get plenty of calls over the next year from all sides.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/29/11 - 07:55 am
RunningMan Geez, ""He has

RunningMan Geez, ""He has divided the people" Now just how did he do this? What polices did he implement that has caused so much tension against each-other?

Could it possibly be his drive for "Distribution of Wealth an his establishment of the "Class Warfare" has anything to do with it?

allhans
allhans 10/29/11 - 08:14 am
Rant #..6 here we have a

Rant #..6
here we have a typical Obama voter. I couldn't decide if he is equating Manson with his hero or not.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/29/11 - 08:15 am
This King SMCICBHO has

This King SMCICBHO has divided the True Americans of this great nation more than any other person in history and he goes to bed every night proud of it.

allhans
allhans 10/29/11 - 08:18 am
rant# 3..If you do your

rant# 3..If you do your research and listen to Hank, Jr you will see that he is not comparing Obama to Hitler...and then again, maybe you wouldn't recognize that.

allhans
allhans 10/29/11 - 08:23 am
The division has been created

The division has been created and gets more so at every stop Obama makes on his campaign tour. He makes no secret of his intentions and pulls no punches. A divided country will fail, so here we go, just as planned by our elected one.
The "minorities" have been forgotten completely while the Democrats pander to Hispanics and other immigrants to the country.
So it is today - So it will be tomorrow.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/29/11 - 08:27 am
yes allhans, just look at the

yes allhans, just look at the ones that voted him in, so sad.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/29/11 - 09:25 am
AJC sez... Okefenokee

AJC sez...

Okefenokee smolders to the tune of $52 million...still burning they say underground now...& taxes still pay for this...
Well ole Cain was kinda clever with his add...he has gotten millions in free airtime over the dang thing....smoking chief of staff stoked the free airtime...
Energy loans are under review now per WH....they have ordered an independent review....a little late isn't it?
Chase & Wells Fargo reject the debit card fee....might as well reject it..
PBS have executives making in the 6 figures.....they say they deserve it!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/29/11 - 10:10 am
SeenitB4 I was thinking the

SeenitB4 I was thinking the same thing about the rave for Animal Control! I mean I laughed out loud when I read your comment!
This person definitely needs to get out of the house!
I can see her/him now on the phone to their cousin in another state. "Hey Luther you need to move on down here to Augusta! You wouldn't believe their Animal Control!"
Funny stuff!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/29/11 - 10:24 am
shrimp...It just shows that

shrimp...It just shows that eating shrimp for breakfast makes us smart & alert....everytime I see your name pop up I imagine I'm in Destin eating their fine fancy fresh shrimp.:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/29/11 - 10:37 am
Epistemology is the study of

Epistemology is the study of the nature, origin, and limits of human knowledge. The field is sometimes referred to as the theory of knowledge. Epistemology has a long history, beginning with the ancient Greeks and continuing to the present. Epistemology (how we know things) is combined with ontology (what things exist) to constitute the branch of philosophy known as metaphysics. The other three branches of philosophy are ethics (which attempts to understand and prescribe conduct), politics (which attempts to describe how we should interact with one another), and aesthetics (which discusses questions of beauty and taste).

thanks bj for making me look up words of interest...I just wonder if there is a limit to human knowledge.....

RunningMan
RunningMan 10/29/11 - 11:40 am
Anyone who think President

Anyone who think President Obama has divided this country, should go back to school and read their history books. As I have said on here before, the only thing he did was get elected. Those folks like the Tea Party, Rush, Fox News, Palin, and others has done the rest. They preach more nonsense than anyone, and their only agenda is to promote the so called "true american" interests. I guess that means everyone else might as well move over and them have their way with things. The President is not the problem, its the same folks that has for years wanted only to get ahead while keeping someone from having the same basic rights as themselves. Not again, not now, not ever. Get over it and stop blaming the President from all of you issues in life. Look in the mirror and yourself first regarding dividing this country. What have you done lately? Surely your posting has done nothing to help the situation. If you are really serious about bring this country together, try posting something positive, and stop badmouthing others not like you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/29/11 - 11:43 am

WOW...what an article by Rhonda Rich in the Gwinnett Daily Post

a woman kind of thingy...:)

allhans
allhans 10/29/11 - 11:50 am
Oh my..Obama

Oh my..Obama supporters....
It is a crying shame that Obama is not returning the favor. He takes his supporters for granted and doesn't bother to acknowledge them or offer help. College loans help beginning in 2 years , green energy union jobs..all these things aren't helping the poor and middle class survive NOW when it is needed. 3 years on the jobs and the downward spiral goes faster and faster..
He promised that he would work with the other party, he would bring hope...I would laugh at his unkept promises if it wasn't so tragic.

allhans
allhans 10/29/11 - 11:50 am
I was ready to vent about the

I was ready to vent about the size of the paper but I have been pleasantly surprised. I really like it.

bjphysics
bjphysics 10/29/11 - 11:54 am
RunningMan: “Anyone who think

RunningMan: “Anyone who think [sic] President Obama has divided this country…”

You have disputed fundamental conservative catechism and offended the forces of rightwing nature…

allhans
allhans 10/29/11 - 12:15 pm
Not much to hear on that.

Not much to hear on that. Comments leaning toward either side.
Some blaming poor, poor Glen Beck. I am not a Beck fan (never was) but granting him so much power is outrageous, he is one man and not even an elected office holder. Now, if he was a president such as Obama, then the shoe might fit.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 10/29/11 - 01:14 pm
Para mi amigo, usted sabe

Para mi amigo, usted sabe quién es usted

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/29/11 - 01:21 pm
bj, read all the comments on

bj, read all the comments on that "whatever" you call that link...

One speaks out my feeling, just had to steal it.

America is what it is. This is probably the greatest country in the world. This country was never designed for people to sit back and enjoy the ride. This country was designed for people to get up and make it happen for themselves. This is a country that hustles. You either hustle or get hustled plain and simple. So if you want to sit and blame everything else for the unsuccesful life you may have shame on you. Foreigners come here everyday and win why cant you after all you were here first.

RatardedGenius 4 months ago

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/29/11 - 03:07 pm
B4, you should have posted

B4, you should have posted that under another thread that is ongoing at this time. ya know, it speaks to intelligence.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/29/11 - 03:12 pm
Ok cgee...I did..:)

Ok cgee...I did..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/29/11 - 03:45 pm
Ok a change of

Ok a change of thought....

For the last couple of days everytime I'm going someplace I marvel at the beautiful colors in the trees...almost like a painting...yellow-golds-reds-roses......thank goodness the builder didn't cut down all the trees around here...I bet Appling area is beautiful too cgee.
One of the attractions to a home are the trees ....

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/29/11 - 03:48 pm
I'm looking at a magazine

I'm looking at a magazine with pics of white oakleaves---red oak--maple---ginkgo--sweetgum ....all are beautiful in the fall..

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/29/11 - 04:03 pm
11 PEOPLE ... ON A

11 PEOPLE ... ON A ROPE
Eleven people were hanging on a rope, under a helicopter.

10 men and 1 woman.
The rope was not strong enough to carry them all, so they decided that one had to leave,
Because otherwise they were all going to fall.
They weren't able to choose that person, until the woman gave a very touching speech.

She said that she would voluntarily let go of the rope, because, as a woman, she was used to giving up everything for her husband and kids or for men in general, and was used to always making sacrifices with little in return.

As soon as she finished her speech, all the men started clapping . . .... . . .

heheheh.....& you men think we are dumb ...:)

painfully honest
painfully honest 10/29/11 - 04:18 pm
Running man, I totally agree

Running man, I totally agree with your previous post. There are some people on here that are so blinded with hate that they refuse to see things the way they are. President Obama has tried for two years to "reach across the aisle" to the republicans and each time they have slapped it away. I think his biggest mistake has been compromising with a party that is determined to make him fail. I put the country's inability to recover on the shoulders of the Republican party, "the party of NO." I think they have done a fabulous job in making sure that President Obama struggles to do anything but unfortunately it has all been done at the expense of the American people. I hope, this mess has been worth all of the "I told ya so's" that they echo so proudly. By the way, I am not a democrat, I am an independent, so don't even go there.

allhans
allhans 10/29/11 - 05:53 pm
Way to go painfully. Keep

Way to go painfully. Keep thinking like that and see how far it gets you. As we all know, the Republicans have only been in charge of the House for 10 mos (Not 2 years. you have the wrong party, that was the Democrats),and the Democrats are still in control of the Senate, even today. Obama had all of Congress, the House and the Senate for his first two years..and what did it get us. A health plan that takes from Medicare and Medicaid recipients (meaning the poor and elderly) and gives to others, including illegals...You must not be in the 17% of unemployed that Obama has helped so much. If he was concerned he would have at least tried to do something about that in his first 2 years with his Democrat controlled Congresss,he had no problem passing Obamacare without republican votes , so WHAT was he waiting on?