Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHY DON’T THE protesting creatures pull up stakes and head to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue? That’s where they belong to get their so-called message across. The group can camp out on the WH lawn, sleep in their nasty sleeping bags, carry signs, get a band together and use the shrubs as a bathroom area. In other words, the protesters can take their grievances and filth to Washington.

VERY RARE THAT I can find anything made in our country but I bought an inexpensive plastic container which had “Made in USA” on the bottom. I forgot to mention that the container came from a dollar store.

HOW CAN THE president of a major nation and society, the one with the most successful economic system in world history, stand and talk about business when he’s never worked for one?

EVERYDAY THOUSANDS of innocent plants are killed by vegetarians. Help stop the violence.

AMERICANS: QUIT buying Chinese goods. Each time you buy something with the ubiquitous ‘made in China’ slogan, you are supporting the communist Chinese government.

I LIKE THE SIZE of The Chronicle. It’s easier to hold as I do not fold the newspaper when I read it. Especially thank you for keeping the TV listings.

LET’S REMEMBER to be thankful in good times and bad times. Be thankful always. Be blessed.

THIS COMMENT IS for Larry Rogers on his letter to the editor “Quarterback president fumbled chances.” The best quarterback in the world doesn’t stand a chance if the whole team is not pulling with him.

I TOOK A UTILITY bill to the Hephzibah Post Office last month on the 9th. It didn’t get to Greene Street until the 14th. Someone there is not doing their job. I could have walked it there quicker.

I LIKE THE SMALLER version of the newspaper. It makes it easier for me to hide from my boss.

KATHRYNTHIGPEN
KATHRYNTHIGPEN 10/23/11 - 08:55 pm
This is a giant rave for the

This is a giant rave for the Aiken County Fair Grounds. We took our grandchildren there on Friday evening and we were astonished at how CLEAN the grounds were. Even the restrooms were spotless, thanks to the attendants and the class of people who attended that night. Benches are everywhere, almost every inch of ground is covered with grass, the flower beds were beautiful, the vendors were extremely pleasant and it was an enjoyable experience we did not expect. Not that they were not there, but we did not witness even one pair of pants sagging to the ground. The young people were very neat, polite and considerate of the other visitors. We didn't even hear any foul language. How can Aiken County, which is probably smaller in population than Richmond or Columbia, present such an outstanding event and the others can't??? Thank you to All of Aiken County, we certainly enjoyed our visit to your wonderful fair.

KATHRYNTHIGPEN
KATHRYNTHIGPEN 10/23/11 - 09:05 pm

Thank you to all of the Richmond County Sheriff's Department for putting your lives on the line everyday for the protection of the citizens of this area. We all need to remember these men and women don't make a big pay check and the rewards are few and far between, but everyday they are out there to make sure our laws are upheld, and to help where ever they are needed. May the comfort of God's arms surround the family and friends of the Deputy who lost his life in the line of duty today. God bless you and all your brothers joined by that badge of courage.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/23/11 - 09:18 pm
"How can Aiken County, which

"How can Aiken County, which is probably smaller in population than Richmond or Columbia, present such an outstanding event and the others can't??? "

That used to bother me too and I cried myself to sleep for days because the Columbia County fair wasn't up to my standards. Then I got over it.

Those are volunteers running the fairs, you know. What in the world was so wrong at the Columbia and Richmond County fairs in the past to provoke your complaint? What do you want volunteers to drive you around in a golf cart and give you gobs of free pink cotton candy?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/23/11 - 10:40 pm
I agree these vegetarians are

I agree these vegetarians are murdering beautiful things like pretty yellow squash not to mention all the other colorful vegetables. Someone needs to pass a LAW!

Jake
Jake 10/23/11 - 11:15 pm
I recently bought a radio

I recently bought a radio that was made in the USA, a Stewart Warner 1932 Cathedral radio. It plays wonderfully. There is nothing like listening to old time music and news played from an old time radio. Too bad we are not still manufacturing quality radios and electronics. Time to move on I guess.

countyman
20236
countyman 10/24/11 - 03:14 am
2010 Census Richmond 200,549:

2010 Census Richmond 200,549: Aiken 160,099: Columbia 124,053

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/24/11 - 08:00 am
I have trouble sometimes

I have trouble sometimes finding made in America products BUT I still look & ask the manager to buy more USA products....many laundry items aren't made here anymore....I pass them up & buy American made.
allmost gone......I saw your post of last night about American workers versus illegals....I agree some contractors are greedy & only want cheap labor but in many cases what he said to me was the truth---for instance...if the workers here are so willing to work why do we have so many crops dying in the fields??There are some jobs Americans feel are beneath them ....when you are hungry-----you will work for food---my point is ...any job is better than no job....Ga is in trouble now trying to repay the Feds for unemployment payouts....I didn't get unemployment years ago----I had to cut back when out of a job....I can see a problem that the contractors have & the Federal government doesn't help solve it either.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/24/11 - 08:18 am
"I especially get mad at

"I especially get mad at department stores....clothes made from everywhere BUT here...uuuugggh...I don't buy clothes like I did in the past either...." seen it, you live in the ATL, head on over to Nordstoms. I bought some blue jeans made in America there last week.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/24/11 - 08:29 am
Thanks JTF....I will do

Thanks JTF....I will do that....bluejeans made in America...an oddity...maybe the stores are getting the message.
I hear some stores are cutting back on robot cashiers because people want the human contact.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/24/11 - 08:33 am
I saw a funny email recently

I saw a funny email recently about a walmart in Alabama...The sign in the express lane had three handprints displayed---saying "This is 15 items"........:)

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/24/11 - 08:42 am
seenit, I should warn you,

seenit, I should warn you, they were a $124 bucks.

allhans
allhans 10/24/11 - 09:07 am
In response to the comment

In response to the comment regarding quarterbacks, he will have to admit that an inexperienced quarterback is a liabilty to his team.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 10/24/11 - 09:55 am
Why do they make jeans with

Why do they make jeans with the waist the same size or larger than the hips?
....a good fitting
pair of jeans,
priceless...

Good Morning Everyone.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/24/11 - 09:56 am
Yikes JTF....quality isn't

Yikes JTF....quality isn't cheap...

That just about does it for me this am---now I have to catch up on stuff I didn't do yesterday because I was on here frolicking with Ya'll.....but hey it was worth it!!!

God save America
God save America 10/24/11 - 02:24 pm
how about those Clemson

how about those Clemson Tigers 8 and 0 and number 5 team in the nation. go DaBo and the team all the way without a loss. Go Tigers.

God save America
God save America 10/24/11 - 02:40 pm
O'Reilly sends other things

O'Reilly sends other things to the troops than books . he is always getting money to help the wounded and returning troops . he is a true Patriot

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/24/11 - 04:52 pm
I'm going to bring up a

I'm going to bring up a controversial point here because some are saying veterans of Vietnam and the Mideast wars are soft compared to WWII vets. These uninformed people really don't understand what Vietnam vets went through or Iraqi vets.

In WWII it was a war of big battles and then long periods of breaks. In Vietnam and Iraq there was constant tension with daily skirmishes almost for the entire tours of a year or longer. It's disgusting to hear some who should know better slam these vets. Pathetic.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/24/11 - 05:41 pm
Many thanks, Riverman1!

Many thanks, Riverman1!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/24/11 - 07:11 pm
Riverman1....I second the

Riverman1....I second the word "Pathetic"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/24/11 - 07:15 pm
I'm glad to see someone

I'm glad to see someone having feelings for beautiful vegetables. Many are eaten before they have a chance to reproduce. Almost like being aborted.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/24/11 - 07:20 pm
Eat more Chikin! I dunno, I

Eat more Chikin! I dunno, I think I'd rather have beef or pork....especially pork. Pork can be used as a repellant, but it's best used as BBQ!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/24/11 - 07:22 pm
I almost became a "vegan"

I almost became a "vegan" once, but I heard I would have to give up meat! No way, Jose!

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/24/11 - 07:28 pm
Sarge, I went the opposite

Sarge, I went the opposite way and decided to just eat all meat. I wonder what they call that?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/24/11 - 07:30 pm
Y'all pray for me, I'm off to

Y'all pray for me, I'm off to watch Chris Matthews.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/24/11 - 08:27 pm
Riverman, that makes you a

Riverman, that makes you a total All-American meat eatin Man! Like me, I guess we're gonna die from something, so let it be from good ole American Beef or pork!

Prayers offered up!

Vito45
Vito45 10/24/11 - 08:52 pm
Riverman1 Riverman1 Monday,

Riverman1
Riverman1
Monday, Oct. 24 7:28 PM
new

* Ignore user

The South Beach Diet?

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/24/11 - 08:58 pm
Vito - I think you mean the

Vito - I think you mean the Atkins Diet. South Beach includes veggies and starches. River the word you're looking for is carnivore. I'm a predominantly herbivoric omnivore. In other words I am a vegetarian who eats some dairy and unfertilized eggs. If it is an animal with a true brain and you have to kill it to make the food, then I don't eat it. I'll drink milk and eat certain cheeses.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/24/11 - 09:08 pm
hahaha two posts have been

hahaha two posts have been grabbed by the spam monster. I'm assuming it's because they contain the correct name Atkins of the diet that River was talking about. I split the words up so let's see if it goes through this time. The diet called South *Beach also contains veggies and starches.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/24/11 - 09:09 pm
AC I've got to give it to

AC I've got to give it to you, your SPAM filter cracks me up. ROFLOL