Rants & Raves

TIFFINY ROBINSON SHOULD have known that her behavior was totally wrong and that sexual relations with a minor is a crime. She deserves punishment but not 18 years in prison. This was not a fair sentence. Far too many have gotten less time or none at all and they were involved in horrific crimes.

THANK GOODNESS, COOLER temps are a-coming! Push those 90’s and 100’s goodbye for the year.

GLAD TO HEAR there is a reindictment on former commissioner Scott Dean on the child molestation charges. We need to get that case on him settled one way or the other ASAP. Too much time has been permitted to lapse. Why?

MANY GOOD FRIENDS and colleagues dismissed from their jobs at Georgia Health Sciences University. It is with great sadness that I admonish the administration for such a despicable way to pad your bottom line, thus your pockets.

ALBANY, GA., PASSED an ordinance banning the saggy pants so popular with young men these days. Who do we talk to get a similar ordinance passed here in Augusta?

RAVE FOR FLORIDA, a state requiring all people on welfare to take drug tests. If you are not on drugs, you have no reason to refuse. If drug tests are used on working people, why not on nonworking people?

RANT FOR THE sports section of the newspaper. I can understand the coverage of the Bulldogs because Augusta is indeed in Georgia. But on the other side of the river, the coverage you are giving Clemson versus the coverage of the Gamecocks seems a bit unfair. And when I go into a grocery or retail store I see 4-to-1 Carolina shirts versus Tiger shirts.

LEWISTON ELEMENTARY IS a wonderful school. Their car rider system is fantastic. The police do a very good job directing traffic there, but sometimes they have to leave and there gets to be a bottleneck. It sure would be nice if they could put a traffic signal there. It would help with the traffic, and the police could be elsewhere catching the bad guys. Think about it, commissioners.

I WOULD LIKE TO thank Lt. Reynolds for the excellent customer service she displayed toward me on Sept. 30 at Gate 5. I lost my wallet at the commissary and therefore had no identification to get through the gate. Lt. Reynolds was very compassionate and assisted me in recovering my wallet from the commissary. KUDOS from the lady in the burgundy Mercedes!

THIS IS TO THE inconsiderate person who forcibly pushed a shopping cart into the side of my car at Walmart in North Augusta on Sept. 22. I have two big dents in my front fender now that will cost me $425 to fix. One day someone will see you do this to their car and I hope they will “put you in you place!”

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/09/11 - 06:59 am
"She deserves punishment but

"She deserves punishment but not 18 years in prison. This was not a fair sentence. Far too many have gotten less time or none at all and they were involved in horrific crimes."

There must have been more to this case than we know. If there wasn't then I agree that 18 years is really harsh.
Personally I didn't even know it was possible for a woman to take advantage of a teenage boy. From what I remember about those days growing up this guy would be envied by his peers.
I'm not saying it was right by any means but 18 years doesn't sound right either.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/09/11 - 07:23 am
18 years is a little

18 years is a little much....are we missing some facts here I wonder...
I like the cool weather too....my cup of tea & I can get more work done.

Baggy pants look so uncool to me...how can they possibly be comfortable....how would the young like it if we oldies but goodies let our undies show...depends undies too....we already forget the zipper needs to come up after bathroom visits..heheheh

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/09/11 - 07:24 am
Granddaddy John
Granddaddy John 10/09/11 - 08:05 am
I see the same thing over

I see the same thing over here in Walmart,Kmart crap even in Bi-Lo all that Georgia Bulldog crap,how about GEORGIA TECH with a better record that the bull pups i might add and just as many National titles.

myopinion3
myopinion3 10/09/11 - 09:34 am
ranter number one: you

ranter number one: you write as though you think she didnt know it was wrong...She knew...I think part of the sentenceing involved not only the crime but also the fact she thought she would get away with it..She Knew...anyway Georgia doesnt have enough money to keep her in jail that long..LOL...we will be lucky if we see her do 3 yrs

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/09/11 - 09:36 am
Yea seenitb4 I just can't see

Yea seenitb4 I just can't see the "coolness" in letting your pants hang letting half of your rear end show. It is just so STUPID! My parents thought my long hair was stupid back in 1975. They also called Rock&Roll "noise". But...
I see young girls with all the tattoos or "body art" and think to myself, "When these girls are 60 years old I wonder if their wrinkles will make the "art" look ridiculous.
Guys will be the same way but a tattoo on a guy doesn't seem strange.
I consider myself fairly openminded and I know that each generation needs to express themselves in a way that sets them apart from their parents but I just can't get over the absolute silliness of the saggy pants. I'm glad I have daughters because if I had a son who let his pants hang down showing half of his butt he would hate me because I would laugh and laugh and laugh. I was at a wedding this past summer where I saw a young man of 25 or so wearing a suit and he would have looked pretty sharp except for his pants sagging which made it look like the legs were about a foot too long the way the extra fabric was bunched up around his ankles.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

daphne3520
daphne3520 10/09/11 - 10:04 am
Rant 1: IF the victime were

Rant 1: IF the victime were female and the perp male, you would NOT have the same philosophy about the sentence, I'll wager.

Rant 4: Cause the authorities are too scared of the backlash to this ridiculous habit.

Jane18
Jane18 10/09/11 - 11:07 am
Come on Georgia and other

Come on Georgia and other states, start drug testing welfare recipients(and other "entitlers"). Just think of all that $$$$$$$$$!! If my husband must be tested ever so often to keep his job, what is the difference between him receiving a check and welfare people receiving one? At least he works for his!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/09/11 - 11:45 am
AJC sez we will spend 2$

AJC sez we will spend 2$ Billion on Halloween candy this year....WOW

Techfan
Techfan 10/09/11 - 03:30 pm
Also outlaw socks with

Also outlaw socks with sandals.
Jane: Mainly because the number of positive tests are so low, it costs more to do the testing than the states are saving.

Vito45
Vito45 10/09/11 - 03:46 pm
Techfan, it is more than just

Techfan, it is more than just upfront dollars and cents. The accompanying crime associated with drug use is huge. I wouldn't necessarily drug test recepients, many are senior citizens or disabled and it would be pointless. However, I WOULD have some very strict rules about housing. If you live in public housing and drugs are found on the premises, you are OUT. Then I would police it with heavy surveillance and undercover. Put a few grannies in the street because of their shiftless, no count children and grandchildren, and I think you would see a difference in the housing projects. There would be a whole lot more self policing and voluntarily turning them in when the roof over their heads is at stake.

catawba7
catawba7 10/09/11 - 04:03 pm
On Monday October 10th Corey

On Monday October 10th Corey Johnson will attempt to bring the Hyde Park situation forward on the agenda. Mr. Johnson wants the city to purchase the Hyde Park area for a retention pond for the city of Augusta. The city cannot afford this purchase and any monies available should be used to tear down abandoned homes in that area as well as cleaning overgrown lots. Just these two initiatives would greatly improve the neighborhood. It is troubling that the city wishes to spend money they don't have to buy out 112 familes who will relocate with a mortgage rather than enforcing laws on the books to make the neighborhood more tolerable. Most of the residents own their homes with no mortgage, if moved they would be relocated with a mortgage because they will not get much money for their homes due to the property being devalued by the city of Augusta. I hope all citizens will call their Commissioners and ask them not to support Mr. Johnson and his efforts to relocate Hyde Park at this time.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/09/11 - 04:10 pm
catawba7......according to

catawba7......according to countyman that is almost a done deal......his post just a short while ago said....

Goodbye Gilbert Manor, Underwood, and probably Hyde Park, Sunset aka Cherry Tree, Dogwood Terrace.. Not to mention the rising cost of housing coming to Harrisburg and Laney Walker because of the ongoing construction.
amazing insight.......????

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/09/11 - 04:11 pm
Where will these people go?

Where will these people go?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/09/11 - 08:43 pm
"Where will these people

"Where will these people go?"

Wherever the government pays their phone bill, groceries, and
gives them free rent. Which is increasingly too often next to people who have to give up their hard earned money not only for mortgages, but also to subsidise these generational leeches and provide them a mailing address for their rebate check for the taxes they never paid, I expect.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/10/11 - 07:22 am
stewart......they are coming

stewart......they are coming to YOUR county according to countyman....

Raul... Alot of the people living in the housing projects around Augusta will be moved to the surrounding counties. The rest will move into the older neighborhoods around Augusta offering section 8..

Seems Rcty has found a way to unload projects to"other"counties....