Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

TO THE PRESIDENT OF Georgia Health Sciences University: If you want to cut expenses not salaries, stop needless spending and stop the ridiculous amount paid out on travel expenses. Too many people going to one seminar. Reduce your salary.

GOD BLESS LITTLE Shane Johnson. How tragic that this precious 3-year-old boy lost his life because of an overdose of methadone. It breaks my heart when children have to endure abusive conditions. Children do not deserve such treatment. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you had to earn the right and privilege to be a parent?

TO THE PERSON who ranted about the comic Cul de Sac being “below professional level”: It might be a simple comic, but it’s twice as well drawn as Overboard, which is an apparent favorite of many Chronicle readers, and is three times as funny. Perhaps Cul de Sac is just over your head?

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE Atlanta Braves. It has been a long season with a lot of injuries. They had a really bad September, but we have a very good youth movement in the organization and a good manager so I think we will be doing fine. I want to say kudos to the Braves, and hopefully next year we will do well. Hopefully, Chipper will retire so we can address third base.

CHILDREN NEED TO BE protected. Every day, principals and teachers should ask students whether they are safe or being physically harmed or abused. This city needs a safety for kids campaign giving every child a resource safety card.

I THINK TOM BLAYLOCK has been there long enough on the Harlem City Council. My vote is for C.D. Morris. I hope he will be nice to the senior citizens of Harlem.

PRESIDENT OBAMA gave a speech telling Europe how to run their countries while President Obama runs ours into the ground. Everything Obama has ever said has been both arrogant and absurd.

THE REASON THAT President Obama is not considered a good president is because the unemployment is higher than it’s ever been. He doesn’t know what he is doing.

EVEN WITH THE NATION drowning in debt, two loans worth more than $1 billion have been approved for two energy companies for solar projects. Waiting in line for loan approval are seven more projects with a price tag of $5 billion. Where’s the money coming?

FIRST PRESIDENT CLINTON taught that oral sex was OK; now our president is telling illegal immigrants that it is all right to be here and to be on welfare. Can’t the Demo­crats find someone with morals?

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 10/08/11 - 03:37 am
Obama has been the most

Obama has been the most divisive, non-transparent, argumentative, arrogant and demanding president we have had in my lifetime. Pretty much everything he preached against, he has become.

He has failed to change any international policies for the positive that Bush had, in fact, he has made it worse.

And, within the US, he took what Bush had done and spent more than double what Bush spent in 8 years in less than 3 years to no avail. His policies are disasterous, unemployment is out of control and yet he does nothing but point fingers in other directions.

He MAY have been a good democratic president had he been better prepared but unfortunately, he is worse than Carter. Those who supported him for change have hopefully woken up and will not do so again. Those who supported him for race only (and many did) have certainly seen that it doesn't matter what race a person is, only how ethical, moral, honest and trustworthy they are and this administration is lost on all counts.

Techfan
Techfan 10/08/11 - 07:05 am
Made up that bit about

Made up that bit about spending more than double in 3 years, but don't worry, the right wing mantra: Repeat a lie loud enough and often enough and people will belive it.

copperhead
copperhead 10/08/11 - 07:49 am
Techfan, would you tell us

Techfan, would you tell us why you worship hussein?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/08/11 - 07:52 am
A President with

A President with morals....heheheh....next thing you will want is intelligence ...good looking & a sense of humor....did we ever have a Pres with a sense of humor...some of their kin had a sense of humor...Nixon didn't have any at all...sourpuss look most of the time..did Lincoln have any humor....nah...probably didn't have time to laugh.

Jane18
Jane18 10/08/11 - 08:52 am
I believe Techfan is"the pot

I believe Techfan is"the pot calling the kettle black'. And before any of you can hit those keys, No, I am not making a racist statement, I do not do that! So, erase that little cancer of hate in your brain!

allhans
allhans 10/08/11 - 08:56 am
Democrats might slow down and

Democrats might slow down and listen, really listen to Obama when he is making a speech. He wants to do what he has done since he took office, help big business, and the big bosses in the unions. The few pennies he has dribbled out to help the little man is so small you never realized you were "helped".
The "jobs" plan is the same, it is for the big guys. It won't reach the South.
Union construction , union teachers.....That's the rest of the story.

dougk
dougk 10/08/11 - 09:05 am
Hmmm, I thought oral sex was

Hmmm, I thought oral sex was OK even before Clinton.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/08/11 - 09:42 am
Just out of curiosity, do the

Just out of curiosity, do the folks whose comments are only posting on the "Discussion" thread and not the thread they are commenting on not realize their posts aren't posting? Maybe they post so their posts will be seen at least by the few who follow the Discussion thread, if not by those who read the page. Hint, if your posts aren't showing up on the page, it's time to check your e-mail or Sean.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/08/11 - 09:52 am
"And before any of you can

"And before any of you can hit those keys, No, I am not making a racist statement, I do not do that! So, erase that little cancer of hate in your brain!"

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 10/08/11 - 10:07 am
Perhaps there are those who

Perhaps there are those who should check their....... "I have founds" also................

dougk
dougk 10/08/11 - 10:15 am
You've mentioned that before

You've mentioned that before C. Harris. And, I don't get it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/08/11 - 10:15 am
Most pots & kettles are black

Most pots & kettles are black cass...so no race involved imo...

I wish I could put an email on here about a German storefront-----out of this world clever, amazing & spellbounding........while we sit here & fight the civil war (in words) over-over & over....other countries are passing us by with new inventions & ingenuity....enough already.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/08/11 - 10:21 am
doug..what she is saying is

doug..what she is saying is YOUR posts don't show up on this page to all of us...it might show to you & on the discussion page but not to us...

Vito45
Vito45 10/08/11 - 10:33 am
"I find that people who

"I find that people who qualify their statements with "I am not a _______ are usually making a confession, especially in a situation where _______ is not even mentioned."

No, people have just been conditioned by the knee-jerks with a shirt pocket full of race cards to anticipate it.

dougk
dougk 10/08/11 - 10:43 am
well, maybe that's good. I

well, maybe that's good. I can get things that really need doing done.

Willow Bailey
20606
Willow Bailey 10/08/11 - 10:53 am
Good Morning all, what a

Good Morning all, what a beautiful fall day! Just got back from seeing Blowing Rock on the back of a Harley...what a way to go!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/08/11 - 10:56 am
On the back of a harley

On the back of a harley heh...that's one way to keep the tush in shape.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/08/11 - 10:57 am

Try to watch this----amazing storefront in Germany..
seeya later!

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/08/11 - 11:34 am
Vito - funny you should

Vito - funny you should reply. Very funny indeed. The person who made the initial statement was commenting on a post in which there was no mention of race whatsoever. Like I said, those (if you feel you are part of this then I guess it counts for you also) who feel the need to begin a statement with "I'm not _______" are confessing that they know their statement is most likely _______ and should either not make it at all or should reword themselves.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/08/11 - 11:36 am
seenit - I'm not the one who

seenit - I'm not the one who felt the need to bring up race where no race was mentioned or needed. Only making an observation.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/08/11 - 11:39 am
dougk - check your posts from

dougk - check your posts from a different computer or log out and check your posts ON THE THREAD that you posted. They are not showing on the thread, as are several other people's not showing. If they are not showing, then there is either some sort of glitch (as happened with seenit one time) or you are in hot water with Sean. Either way, you will want to check the e-mail you have as part of your account with the AC or get in touch with Sean.

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 10/08/11 - 11:42 am
The new Obama campaign theme

The new Obama campaign theme song....(in honor of the 'Obamawinter of his discontent', despair and declining poll numbers)

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/08/11 - 11:51 am
Anybody know what channel the

Anybody know what channel the UGA game is going to be on? I'm on Knology.

daphne3520
daphne3520 10/08/11 - 12:17 pm
I happen to agree,

I happen to agree, wholeheartedly, with Clinton's Teachings!

Willow Bailey
20606
Willow Bailey 10/08/11 - 01:46 pm
That remark is so disturbing

That remark is so disturbing on multiple levels.

dougk
dougk 10/08/11 - 01:09 pm
OK, CH, I post from two

OK, CH, I post from two different computers all the time...?? And, I have not heard from Sean in quite awhile. Like I said before.....having a glitch or whatvere may be my lucky break from this nonsense.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/08/11 - 01:20 pm
dougk - are you seeing your

dougk - are you seeing your posts on the threads? They are not showing here. Seenit had this happen before. Send Sean an e-mail (address up top of page under staff) and just ask him what's going on. If you are on his "naughty" list, he can tell you why and what's going on. If you are not on his list and it's just a glitch like it was with seenit, he can fix it.

Willow Bailey
20606
Willow Bailey 10/08/11 - 02:01 pm
Clinton did much more

Clinton did much more teaching than the commenter gives him credit for. Clinton was not a sex educator, he was much more about cigars, perversion, lying, covering up, adultery, disloyalty, self centeredness, egotism, rationalizing, justifying, fooling and disrespect for his wife, the office of Presidency, for the American people, and for the intern that he made notorious, not to mention the long string of needy women that trail behind his antics. What a great guy to admire.

He has never honestly taken any responsibility for his behavior and continues to crack jokes about it. When I look at him, I see a sick pervert.

fftaz71
fftaz71 10/08/11 - 04:29 pm
willow I agree with you whole

willow I agree with you whole heartedly about Clinton. Not only did he defend himself for 7 months against what was (also in my opinion) a witch hunt with taxpayer money, he lied to boot. Anyone who wants a good eye opening read about the Clintons (Him, her and his mother), Noriega, Oliver North and George Bush Sr. should read a book titled "THE BOYS ON THE TRACKS". Its a true crime story that took place in Mena, Ark back during his days as governor.

Willow Bailey
20606
Willow Bailey 10/08/11 - 08:53 pm
fftaz71, I will take a look

fftaz71, I will take a look at it. Thanks for telling me about it.

Doctors Hospital sues state

Doctors Hospital of Augusta is suing the state over its decision to award a license to build a hospital in Columbia County using a rare exception to the license standards.