Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT TO ALL the drivers who do not turn their lights on when it rains or it’s foggy. This includes law enforcement.

A RAVE TO the Obama administration for offering states protection from the abusive No Child Left Behind miscreation. Now there will be an opportunity for real educational improvement in America.

SOME OF THE professional parasites among the Republican leadership have never held a real job outside of politics, much less produced anything of consequence; yet they whine about “class warfare.” Those political drones have no class. If class warfare were indeed declared, a victory would be won every time one of those ninnies got voted out of office by Americans with real class who consider work for pay to be honorable.

FEAR MONGERING POLITICIANS again predicting a government shutdown. Great! Government shuts down, so government won’t be able to collect taxes. Government then won’t pay the politicians, so they’ll have to starve; and people can once again carry on as normal.

THE GEORGIA government environmental manipulators claim that a Screven County factory caused the death of 38,634 fish in the Ogeechee River. Did they actually count right down to the 34? It’s time to get government out of their “save the environment” scam for power grabbing.

FORMER STATE SEN. Walker was convicted of 127 felony charges and he has the gall to claim his sentence was “unreasonable.” He should have been sentenced to 127 years.

I MUST SAY that I really like the new location of the Arts in the Heart festival along Broad Street, but why do they need to charge $7 to stroll down a street market? I’ve been to many art markets and this is the only one that charges admission. What’s next, an entry fee to go to the Saturday farmers market?

SOMEBODY IN Columbia County needs to wake up and realize Marty Jackson has got to go! The Evans Knights are too full of talent to be coached by someone with a two-play playbook! Run to the left and run to the left!! For the sake of the boys do something!!

A HUGE RAVE TO Dr. Christina Maddox, of Augusta GYN, and all the outpatient nurses of University Hospital’s Women’s Center. I had a procedure the 23rd of September and was treated like gold by all the doctors, nurses and the rest of the staff at University Hospital.

I MAY BE WRONG, BUT it seems to me that I read the same news over and over again for two or three days at a time. Does anyone else see it that way?

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 10/02/11 - 03:05 am
Do government officials in

Do government officials in A-RC and CC appreciate that WALKING and BIKE-RIDING are also forms of TRANSPORTATION?

If not, we need to get some who do. If yes, why haven't they acted upon that appreciation.

etlinks
etlinks 10/02/11 - 06:34 am
Last rant,yes I do. Its going

Last rant,yes I do. Its going to be another beautiful day, love this 46 degree temp.

trwillis
trwillis 10/02/11 - 06:34 am
u are right -some of the news

u are right -some of the news is in the news for 2or3 days-tv news is getting as bad

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/02/11 - 07:21 am
Wow...this weather is soooo

Wow...this weather is soooo nice.....I even had to snuggle up with GOB (goodoleboy) this am....
He is a country boy so this weather puts him in the "hunting"mood....sons just killed some deer near Crawfordville so yeehaw we won't go hungry.....:)
I hope they keep their hunting skills up to date...you just never know....according to the talking heads on tv...the bottom could fall out at any minute...we could go back to the frontier days----wow---Do they ever say anything positive??
Where is Chet when you need him.....or Captain Kangaroo...

Good am CSRA!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/02/11 - 07:27 am

For some special people.....in South Richmond county..(vet & friends)

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/02/11 - 07:49 am
"SOME OF THE professional

"SOME OF THE professional parasites among the Republican leadership have never held a real job outside of politics, much less produced anything of consequence"

Oh, you said Republicans. I thought you were talking about Obama, Biden, Pelosi, and Reid.

copperhead
copperhead 10/02/11 - 08:59 am
Would one of the hussein

Would one of the hussein worshippers please tell us about all the business experience that obama,reid,pelosi,and biden possess?

copperhead
copperhead 10/02/11 - 09:14 am
At least one of them had a

At least one of them had a lemonade stand or SOMETHING?

copperhead
copperhead 10/02/11 - 09:23 am
To ANY hussein worshipper,"I

To ANY hussein worshipper,"I worship hussein because_________!"

copperhead
copperhead 10/02/11 - 10:12 am
Blind worship....SO SAD!

Blind worship....SO SAD!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/02/11 - 10:21 am
SeenitB4, been missing you,

SeenitB4, been missing you, but that's my fault. Surgery set me back for a few weeks, but hopefully, I'll be getting back into the swing of things, that is, when there is something worth commenting on. Too bad there seems to be nothing but gripes and complaints. Life is precious....live it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/02/11 - 10:45 am
Life is an opportunity,

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

Mother Teresa
Catholic Nun, Missionary

A poem just for you Sarge----you will be swinging again (soon)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/02/11 - 10:50 am
happychimer
19537
happychimer 10/02/11 - 12:57 pm
It's a beautiful day, and I

It's a beautiful day, and I love this cooler weather! I have a lot to be thankful for, and I will not spoil it by complaining all the time about anything I have no control over.Sarge it's good to hear you are on the mend. Welcome back.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/02/11 - 01:24 pm

This will be very interesting to see what congress does on this---some say passing this will bring millions of jobs to the US.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/02/11 - 01:27 pm
In addition, the Obama

In addition, the Obama administration, like the Bush administration before it, doesn't like the bill, saying quiet diplomacy is a better way to influence Chinese policy and warning that overt penalties could lead to a destructive trade fight.

Sens. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., along with others, have tried for at least six years to pass legislation making it easier to impose higher tariffs on Chinese goods. That would help compensate for what they say is Beijing's effort to keep its currency, the yuan, undervalued against the dollar.

Under U.S. pressure, China did take steps last year that allowed for some flexibility in the exchange rate. But the yuan has risen only a few percentage points since then, and economists say it is still undervalued against the dollar by as much as 40 percent.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/02/11 - 04:00 pm
Sorry I'm late, but thanks is

Sorry I'm late, but thanks is in order. To SeenitB4 and HappyChimer, God bless and thank you for your kind words. I'm not quite 100% yet, but as treatment progresses, I expect to get much better in the near future.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 10/02/11 - 08:08 pm
Sargebaby, So good to see

Sargebaby, So good to see your post, I think of you often and am praying for your health to be restored. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 10/02/11 - 08:13 pm
happychimer, I thought about

happychimer, I thought about you today as I spent my afternoon holding my daughter's new baby kitten while he/she slept. I have never been a cat person, so this was not my norm. I think I am falling in love... that is, with the kitty, happy:).

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/02/11 - 08:58 pm
Willow - you made me smile.

Willow - you made me smile. Up until Master's week of 2006, I had never owned a cat in my life. While I have a fondness for all animals, I had never had a particular love for cats, never desired to own one. My eldest dog, BigFoot, who weighed over 100 lbs but was gentle as a lamb, gently carried in a starving, sickly, tiny, flea infested kitten of about 4-5 months one day. He gave it a big lick that pushed the poor little thing into the floor, wagged his tail and gave his blood hound pack bay, as if to say "Can we keep him?" I had never had a cat before and was determined I wasn't going to keep him. I put him over the fence on the side from whence BigFoot had come, without holding him close. in hopes his mother or owner would claim him. BigFoot brought him right back.

Needless to say after a few times at this, I brought BigFoot in for the evening, went to bed and thought that was the end of it. Imagine my surprise when the next morning I awoke and found BigFoot sleeping in front of my recliner with the kitten curled up in the seat purring happily. The back door was still wide open from BigFoot opening it after I had forgotten to lock it. I could not find the kitten a home and he is still a happy member of my household. I can't imagine what life was like without him. When the old man died last Thanksgiving, Bootsie grieved something awful. It was only when he chose to bond with the other large dog that he started to come about, some 6 months after BigFoot's death. I never knew what special and loving creatures cats could be. Don't tell the dogs, but Bootsie has become my favorite of the pack.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/02/11 - 09:03 pm
Is the AC holding all posts

Is the AC holding all posts now? I posted the beautiful story of how I came to be a cat lover in response to Willow's last post which made me smile, and it just disappeared. What's up? There was nothing in the post that should have triggered spam and nothing offensive in the post whatsoever as it only talked about my pets and no humans at all. This is just plain silly.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/02/11 - 09:12 pm
hmmm....well that post

hmmm....well that post posted. Something weird is happening.

Willow - I will again like to tell you that your last post really made me smile. I had never owned a cat in my life, I had always been a dog person until 4 1/2 years ago. My oldest dog, BigFoot, carried in a starved, beaten up, flea infested kitten of about 4-5 months of age one day, dropped him on the floor, wagged his tail, and let out his big blood hound bay, as if to ask "Can we keep him?" I did not hold the kitten and placed him over the fence from whence BigFoot carried him.

Needless to say, this behavior repeated itself a couple of times and finally I brought BigFoot into the house and firmly shut the door. Imagine my surprise the next morning when I awoke and there was BigFoot asleep in front of my recliner with the little kitten happily purring in the seat. I could not find a home for Bootsie (as I named him) and Bootsie and BigFoot bonded. When BigFoot died last Thanksgiving, Bootsie grieved something awful. He only just came around this summer when he bonded with my other big dog (after about 6 months).

I can't imagine what my life was like without him. I never realized that a cat could be so loyal and affectionate. Please don't tell my remaining dogs, but Bootsie has become my favorite pet.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/02/11 - 09:15 pm
Willow - I two times tried to

Willow - I two times tried to tell thank you for making me smile about the cat and tell you how my now deceased dog rescued my cat and how the cat grieved for the dog when he died, but the AC has held both attempts even though they in no way talk about any humans, tells no lies and tell a beautiful story of a gentle dog and a cat and their friendship. Again, thanks for making me smile with the memories. BigFoot is missed, but at least I have Bootsie.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/02/11 - 09:38 pm
OK, just because it is such a

OK, just because it is such a beautiful story, I will tell it in pieces as I suspect the length is what is getting it pulled as spam.

I had never owned a cat in my life until about 4 1/2 years ago. I had always been a dog person. Then one day my eldest dog, who weighed well over 100 lb., carried in a skinny, sickly, flea infested little kitten of 4-5 months old. He dropped him on the floor, wagged his tail, gave him a big lick and let out a long blood hound bay, as if to say "can we keep him?" I placed the kitten over the other side of the fence from whence BigFoot came in hopes his mother or owner would come back to get him.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 10/02/11 - 09:37 pm
Needless to say, this

Needless to say, this repeated itself a few times and finally I brought the dogs in and shut the door tight. Imagine my response upon waking up the next morning and finding BigFoot curled up in front of the recliner chair with the kitten happily purring in the seat. I could not find the kitten a home. BigFoot and he bonded right away. When BigFoot passed away this last Thantksgiving, Bootsie (the cat) grieved something horrible and only came out of it when he bonded with my other big dog about 6 months later. I never knew that a cat could be as loyal and compassionate before I BigFoot brought me Bootsie. I can't imagine what life was like without him now. Willow - thanks for making me smile.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 10/02/11 - 10:08 pm
That was a sweet story

That was a sweet story certainly worth telling. Thanks for persisting until you could get it out. Something about that little motor running that says, you don't need to get up and do anything...let's just cuddle. Thought about sending an email to you today, to see if you wanted to meet at the Sav. Pavillion to bike ride...you up for it sometime?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/03/11 - 11:13 am
South Carolina just moved

South Carolina just moved it's primary up to Jan. 21st to stay ahead of Florida. What the heck got into Florida anyway? Shows them. But if they come back and move there's up again we could start a contest that will have us heading to the polls next Tuesday. By the way, I bet Cain will carry SC. It's time to start taking him seriously.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/03/11 - 11:30 am
I see where Denmark just

I see where Denmark just imposed a tax on fat in foods. Is this a nanny state move or what? If they do that here, I'll grow my own fat indoors under special lights so the helicopters can't see it. I'll be there eating fat and playing video games when they knock my door down. It's the carbs that are messing up our health, not the fat.

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...