Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

THANK YOU TO my father and my three brothers who served in the war. It’s a blessing; all have made it home safe.

THE FLYOVER INTERSECTION at River Watch Parkway and Reynolds Street needs attention. The weeds are so high they block the view of drivers merging onto River Watch Parkway. Send the mayor over there and let him see how bad it looks.

I HAVE NOT ATTENDED the Arts in the Heart of Augusta festival since they started charging admission. I’m sorry, but I’m not going to pay $7 just for the privilege of walking down Broad Street and being able to buy overpriced street food.

IF WE KEEP GETTING taxed, it won’t be long before all our service transactions will be in cash and under the table, as in Greece.

BIG RAVE FOR THE improvement to the e-edition. It’s so much easier to navigate and so much faster. Kudos to the management for stepping up and installing this.

RAVE TO ALL THE stores that provide in-store carts for the handicapped. Thank you. Most have wheelchairs, but someone has to push me. I like to shop by myself.

OK, FOLKS. LET’S get on the same page. Either we believe in our justice system and want criminals dealt with or we want to save them from their fate. You can’t have both.

I JUST READ THE COMMENT in today’s paper about shortening Bill Kirby’s column and cutting out his old jokes, etc. I want to say that he is my favorite thing in The Chronicle to read. It’s nice to have fresh news about people that is pleasant and a little humor now and then. Thank you.

THIS WAS THE best Arts in the Heart of Augusta ever. The weather was fantastic, and the layout was much improved. Keep the vendors under the trees again next year. Now, if the food tents can just stock enough food …

THE REASON THE president will never get any respect in this country is that there is too much hatred and bigotry and racism, including The Chronicle.

EVERY PRESIDENT has been badgered and bashed. If they can’t stand the heat, why do they spend millions to get elected?

I PRAY TROY DAVIS’ soul can now rest in peace. All the people who were begging for his execution, I hope they can rest easy now. That did not bring back the officer’s life. When Jesus walked the Earth, he abolished an eye for an eye, and I’m sure that God is not pleased with people’s wrath against this young man whether he was guilty or innocent.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/28/11 - 08:24 pm
Yea don't mess with Bill

Yea don't mess with Bill Kirby's column. I like it just the way it is!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 07:56 am
hahah...A lot of our service

hahah...A lot of our service transactions are already under the table...keep taxing us & even more services will be traded off....& people wonder why some put their money in other countries..

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 07:57 am
Do you think the mayor is

Do you think the mayor is worried about the weeds on Riverwatch Pkway?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 08:00 am
Most Presidents have to take

Most Presidents have to take a lot of gruff......this one is no different.....can anyone remember what was said about Bush......they spend a lot of money to get that job...is it worth it?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 08:15 am
Headlines in the

Headlines in the AJC...
Atlanta area leads nation in job loss-not cool
Mentally ill inmates lanquish in local jails--well where do they go when the state dumps them out of the hospitals....not cool.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 08:36 am
RTTNews) - Saudi Arabia's

RTTNews) - Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah has overturned a court decision to subject a woman to 10 lashes with a whip for defying a law that bans women from driving in the conservative Islamic Gulf kingdom, reports quoting an unnamed Saudi official said Wednesday.

Although the King's intervention in the case of the woman driver Shaima Jastaina is yet to be officially confirmed by the government, a Twitter statement posted by a Saudi princess suggested that the reports were true.

"Thank God, the lashing of Shaima is canceled. Thanks to our beloved King," Saudi Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel tweeted on Wednesday. "I'm sure all Saudi women will be so happy,I know I am."

A day earlier, a court in the Saudi Arabian city of Jeddah had sentenced Shaima Jastaina to 10 whip lashes for violating the law that prohibits women from driving in the conservative Islamic Gulf kingdom.

Bless their heart.....they won't whip her for driving a car.....
Sometimes I wonder if we are in a make believe world....could we all be idiots living in the twilight zone...& nothing is really real.
How many years ago was it that we burned witches at the stake...
Amazing that humans seem to go backwards in evolution.
Don't forget we have "prophets"marrying 13 year olds ..(WarrenJeffs)
the idiots don't just live in other countries.

Dudeness
Dudeness 09/29/11 - 08:57 am
Such a simple mind it takes

Such a simple mind it takes to blame criticism of Obama on racism. I suppose that is easier than putting any thought into the issues whatsoever. Thinking is just so hard for his supporters.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 09/29/11 - 09:35 am
Raver 1, I am grateful to

Raver 1, I am grateful to your father and three brothers as well. May God continue to bless them in miraculous ways.

Jane18
Jane18 09/29/11 - 10:03 am
Re: Last R&R- Once again,

Re: Last R&R- Once again, someone has proved me correct on people being biblically illiterate. First of all, this person does not know the meaning of "an eye for an eye................". Also,you need to understand what the 6th commandment means and the judgement of it(kill means murder/criminal homicide-Hebrew meaning). Second, JESUS did not change the law, in fact HE said ".......not one jot or tittle(that's a letter or sound).....................". Only some statutes and ordinances(blood) were changed, because HE became the blood sacrifice for us. If this person, or anyone else thinks murder should not be judged a capital offense, you are wrong,! And yes, I believe Davis was guilty, I lived in the Savannah area when McPhail was murdered, and so much was told then that has not been told in the last few weeks. You can pray for Davis' soul if you want to, but know this, he is in the presence of GOD now---on one side of the gulf or the other(check out Lazarus and the rich man). The pleasing of GOD is when HIS children love HIM and obey HIM.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 11:24 am

This is where our money goes.....Judge Judy tells the truth....

CHILLEN THIS IS FOR YOU----I KNOW YOU WILL LOVE THIS VIDEO!!

Chillen
Chillen 09/29/11 - 11:17 am
seenitb4. Wow. He's a

seenitb4. Wow. He's a college student?!!

That's about all I can say about this video without getting an email from Sean.

Thanks for the link. More confirmation. Every liberal should be forced to watch this! Obama should be forced to watch it.

eagle
eagle 09/29/11 - 12:00 pm
Leave Bill Kirby's column

Leave Bill Kirby's column alone! His column is a bright and humorous spark that I (and many others) enjoy.

I hope Troy Davis rots in hell with all the other cop killers...period.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/11 - 02:16 pm
Gee B4, I can't see how in

Gee B4, I can't see how in heck our King SMCICBHO has allowed that video to be shown. He had the Ford video pulled. His goal is the Distribution of Wealth and you aren't helping matters. Isn't that the Change so many one cells voted for?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 02:32 pm
Hi CGEE... I wish you could

Hi CGEE...

I wish you could put the depression day photos on here to show people what hard times were really like....they don't have a clue today....maybe 1 reason we hate to see waste ...I know what my parents had to live through..1 meal a day if they were lucky---home grown food MOST of the time...1 pair of shoes a year..
No cells
No tv
Nocar
No vacations
No new clothes

we might see those days again..:(

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/11 - 02:32 pm
Rants 10 & 11, This may shed

Rants 10 & 11, This may shed some light on your post.....

A doctor had his TV on in his office when the news of the military base shootings at Ft. Hood , TX came on. The husband of one of his employees was stationed there.

He called her into his office and as he told her what had happened, she got a text message from her husband saying, "I am okay." Her cell phone rang right after she read the message. It was an ER nurse, I'm the one who just sent you a text, not your husband. I thought it would be comforting but I was mistaken in doing so. I am sorry to tell you this, but your husband has been shot 4 times and he is in surgery."

The soldier's wife left Southern Clinic in Dothan, AL and drove all night to Ft.Hood. When she arrived, she found out her husband was out of surgery and would be OK.
She rushed to his room and found that he already had two visitors there to comfort him.

He was just waking up and found his wife and the visitors by his side. The nurse took this picture:

What? No news crews and cameras? This is how people with class respond and pay respect to those in uniform.
I sent my cousin in Fayetteville , N.C. (Retired from Special Forces) that picture of Geo. W. visiting the wounded at Ft. Hood . I got this reply:

What is even better is the fact George W. Bush heard about Fort Hood, got in his car without any escort, apparently they did not have time to react, and drove to Fort Hood. He was stopped at the gate and the guard could not believe who he had just stopped. Bush only asks for directions to the hospital then drove on. The gate guard called that "The President is on Fort Hood and driving to the hospital."

The base went bananas looking for Obama. When they found it was Bush, they immediately offered escort. Bush simply told them it was o.k. and to let him visit the wounded and the dependents of the dead.

He stayed at Fort Hood for over six hours, and was finally asked to leave by a message from the White House.

Obama flew in days later and held a "photo opportunity" session in a gym, and did not even go to the hospital.

All this I picked up from two soldiers here who happened to be at Fort Hood when it happened.
This Bush/Obama/Ft.Hood story is something that should be sent to every voter in the US . Those who wanted "change". You certainly got it.

Someone, PLEASE, show me anything that will tell us that Obama has ANY respect for the country he leads! I'm looking for just a little sign of respect

In God We Trust! "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/11 - 02:34 pm
B4, be prepared, It is not

B4, be prepared, It is not far away!

happychimer
happychimer 09/29/11 - 02:53 pm
Cobalt part of your story is

Cobalt part of your story is true and part false. Snopes and the other sites will tell the truth.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 02:58 pm
BOSTON -- The owner of a

BOSTON -- The owner of a small Massachusetts airport has sued the Secret Service for $676,000 for damage he says was caused by President Barack Obama's security detail during a visit last year.

Robert Stetson, owner of the private Marlboro Airport, filed suit Tuesday in federal court in Worcester.

Stetson says in his lawsuit that Secret Service vehicles caused severe damage to the airport's runway and grass apron when the president's helicopter landed there in April 2010. Obama was in Massachusetts to inspect severe flooding in the area.

Stetson says the helicopter had permission to land and caused no damage, but he never gave permission for the accompanying vehicles.

Stetson says the Secret Service has denied causing damage.

A Secret Service spokesman says the agency does not comment on pending litigation.

DANG.....I didn't know you could sue the secret service..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/11 - 03:02 pm
B4, did you check with

B4, did you check with liberal minded Snopes befor posting?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/11 - 03:14 pm
Snopes will debunk this

Snopes will debunk this also.

They want us seniors to pay more so the welfare people can get more. EP

Look out !The per person Medicare insurance premium will increase from the present monthly fee of$96.40, rising to: $104.20 in 2012; $120.20 in 2013; And $247.00 in 2014. These are provisions incorporated in the Obamacare legislation, purposely delayed so as not to 'confuse' the 2012 re-election campaigns.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 03:15 pm
:O) I have corrected B4 & I'm

:O)

I have corrected B4 & I'm sure some will do me the favor again.
(some old posters used to correct me every15 minutes)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 03:17 pm
Almost $250 a

Almost $250 a month---yikes--I feel sorry for some only getting 600 or 700 a month.

happychimer
happychimer 09/29/11 - 03:19 pm
Cobalt that false story has

Cobalt that false story has been around for awhile, and there is nothing wrong with snopes. I have looked that story up on several sites before, and they all said the same. I am not wasting my time helping you find it in order to pacify you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/11 - 03:26 pm
It will go up HC...you can

It will go up HC...you can bet your fanny on that...& some don't get that much on socsec....I know some females on retirement-living alone--& their income is less than 900.00 a month.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/29/11 - 06:21 pm
Yes, we must be tolerant like

Yes, we must be tolerant like our Muslim brothers...........

KSL
KSL 09/29/11 - 06:25 pm
TruthorFiction.com is more

TruthorFiction.com is more reliable than Snopes. Snopes has been known to show a political bias.

KSL
KSL 09/29/11 - 06:38 pm
So now it's xenophobic to

So now it's xenophobic to post a link to a story about a Christian minister who may face execution for not recanting his beliefs.

KSL
KSL 09/29/11 - 06:40 pm
Perhaps he posted the link

Perhaps he posted the link because it's not getting a whole lot of media attention, unlike the 3 American hikers.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 09/29/11 - 07:18 pm
Roadkill - Funny how you pick

Roadkill - Funny how you pick a story about a nation that has an extremist at the helm and is held in contempt even by other Muslim nations. There are close to 2 billion Muslims world wide and most of them do not live in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Our Muslim brothers would be the majority of Muslims that are here in the USA. How about we compare all Christians to those in Uganda, a Christian nation who are pushing for a type of sharia law that seeks a return to the death penalty for things like adultery, homosexuality, people who have AIDS and blasphemy - even if the offense was committed in another country. How would any of us fare under that rule?

happychimer
happychimer 09/29/11 - 07:49 pm
I have a friend who loves

I have a friend who loves snopes, but a lot of times he checks out truthorfiction,snopes, and 1 or 2 more, and compares what each says. Most of the time they say the same.

Morning wreck slows traffic

Expect delays at Peach Orchard Road near Bobby Jones Expressway after a wreck involving an 18-wheeler.