Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

A RANT FOR the Atlanta Braves. We need to sell them to the Philippines. Then there name could be the Manila Folders.

YOU COULD NOT pay me to move back to Disgusta. The corruption. The incompetence. The trashy appearance of the city I grew up in and used to love? Sorry but no thank you.

RATHER THAN relieving Mark Richt as UGA head coach, the position should be combined with that of the president of UGA with Richt in both positions. At least we would have man of character in the new position.

I AM CURIOUS AS TO how President Obama and his staff continue to blame President Bush for all of his problems. In my opinion, he purchased those problems for $650 million dollars. If he is so smart, then why did he purchase the problems and blame it on Bush?

I’M SO GLAD TO SEE stores like Shoe Carnival pressing charges on shoplifters. I’m tired of them getting away with a slap on the wrist.

POLITICIANS HAVE proven they cannot run the government or the economy. Why not let a good, hard working, smart and hopefully honest businessman see what he can do to get our nation on the right track? Give Herman Cain a shot at the job.

DO YOU FEEL Obama was sincere when he said the following remarks: “GOD Bless America, One Nation under GOD” and “Made in USA?” Or, was Obama trying to impress and win over the citizens of this country because he seems desperate to be re-elected? Maybe Obama has made a complete change from the 20 years he spent attending Jeremiah Wright’s anti-America speeches.

SERENA WILLIAMS JUST needs to get a grip. She’s just not as good as she thinks she is. She’s always blaming others for her shortcomings. She’s a bully when she doesn’t get her way.

THIS IS FOR Commissioner Mason. Keep going after those raises because those people did not deserve the raise they got especially the ones in the engineering dept.

A RANTER BLAMES Repub­licans for the country’s financial mess, saying we need more regulations and not fewer. A precise reading of the Constitution makes clear that, other than keeping commerce flowing among the states, the federal government has nearly NO authority to regulate “the states and the people.” But greedy politicians, over the years, replaced that good idea with their own idea of total control of the people. Each new regulation both steals a little more freedom and destroys our economy a bit more.

TAKING 10 YEARS AND still not executing a confessed murderer and rapist is a pathetic joke on America and on justice.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/22/11 - 12:20 am
I went to see the Braves play

I went to see the Braves play and i thought I was at a Billy Graham Crusade. The stands were full of people and everone was yelling JESUS CHRIST!

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 09/22/11 - 06:40 am
As for the raises that were

As for the raises that were so freely handed out by Fred Russell, I wonder if some of the Water Works employees were involved - they are so efficient.
Last week when I passed by the Works on Highland Avenue, 3 workers were standing around a hole at the corner of Highland and Central, one guy was in the hole, the other two watched.
Yesterday I passed by the the same corner and the number had increased to 5! But again only one was working on the hole - the other 4 were watching! Still did not have it fixed and needed more help?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/11 - 06:56 am
Funny shrimp...heheheh Rant

Funny shrimp...heheheh

Rant 2---Speaking of trash in Augusta....just read that some ticked off folks are taking trash bags & dumping them at the home of the Pres. of Bankof America ...it seems too many foreclosed (of BofA) have piles of garbage....

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/22/11 - 07:41 am
Removed before Mods get it.

Removed before Mods get it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/11 - 08:06 am
Prank will cost

Prank will cost firefighters...
In theAJC ---1 firefighter will lose his job----(about theMacon video firehouse prank)
1 fire sergeant will be demoted to private----& 4 will be suspended w/o pay for 10 days..the video was posted online & millions saw it..

the new world of todays 24/7 entertainment sites .....

Jane18
Jane18 09/22/11 - 08:34 am
Re:#6-----Yeah right!.....

Re:#6-----Yeah right!..... When pigs fly!

drivenslow
drivenslow 09/22/11 - 10:10 am
i cant help but laugh for

i cant help but laugh for hours over people like ranter #2 i mean if you hate augusta and we couldnt pay you to live here theN WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU ACTUALLY TAKE TIME OUT OF YOUR SAD LITTLE LIFE TO ACTUALLY POST ABOUT IT ....geez what a loser

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/11 - 10:29 am
The 6-ton satellite will fall

The 6-ton satellite will fall friday somewhere over the Pacific...
Whew.....we can all take a breather now....:)

BamaMan
BamaMan 09/22/11 - 12:12 pm
Rant for Richmond County

Rant for Richmond County police this morning. The accident on Washington Rd close to the golf course SHOULD HAVE been moved after deputies arrived! Do you have any idea how far back traffic was backed up because of that?

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 09/22/11 - 12:35 pm
seenit - Tell the truth, is

seenit - Tell the truth, is this you in an old video I found? It sure made me think of you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/11 - 01:51 pm
You BETCHA cass....If I could

You BETCHA cass....If I could only sing country......:)

It does look like my Aunt....no fooling....honest injun...

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/22/11 - 01:59 pm

Speaking of country.....2 of the greats...Jim Reeves & Patsy Cline

interesting old video.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 09/22/11 - 02:01 pm
I knew it was you! Has your

I knew it was you! Has your sunny personality :-D

kmb413
kmb413 09/22/11 - 02:20 pm
Was tailing me through a

Was tailing me through a school zone then cutting through the gas station this morning for a whole 2 car spots really worth it? You still had not turned onto the interstate at Belair when I passed you and turned onto the rd I was going to.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 09/22/11 - 02:55 pm
seenit - my mama was a big

seenit - my mama was a big fan of both of them, though they weren't really considered country at the time, they were "rockabilly", lol. My favorite Jim Reeves song was on an album she about played to death, "Chattanooga Shoe Shine Boy". Jim Reeves's version was far superior and much faster, but here's a version by Leon McAuliffe. We always made our own music in our house and you should have heard my daddy play this on a fiddle.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 09/22/11 - 02:56 pm
kmb413 - It's not about

kmb413 - It's not about getting there, it's the power trip that counts.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 09/22/11 - 11:14 pm
Just hope one of the

Just hope one of the gravity-affected 26 pieces of the satellite doesn't cause a mistaken terrorist alert. And no, I'm not hoping one will land on my ex. I would like him to live long enough to grow a conscience and some repentance.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/11 - 06:42 am
Great music cass.....my

Great music cass.....my parents loved it too.