Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS FOR Blue Ridge Ele­mentary car riders loading at 3:30. Why don’t you load two lanes at once? You could load 18 cars at one time the way we do it at Martinez Elementary. Thanks to our new principal, Mr. White, it takes no time at all.

A LETTER WRITER mentions “... the now-defunct global warming argument ... .” Global warming is a fact. This finding is recognized by the national science academies of all the major industrialized countries and is not disputed by any scientific body of national or international standing. Tea party people seem to live in an imaginary world.

AS A MAN OF FAITH, I always try to look on the bright side when I look around and I see what is happening now. Our country is going in the wrong direction, and I don’t see what is going to stop it. I pray every day because I have daughters who I’ve raised and educated and I want them to be successful. When I look around it is just depressing.

IF JASON HEYWARD really wants to help the Atlanta Braves, he needs to go play for the Philadelphia Phillies.

THE WJBF ANCHORWOMAN who laughed her way through a very serious story needs to find another line of work.

WHEN ARE THEY going to close the Peach Orchard Postal Service branch? From my understanding, the entire Postal Service is in dire straits, but this one needs to be closed early. It is a biohazard. It is an EPA nightmare with the stench of the trash bins that are lining the parking lot where Subway restaurant is.

IF YOU PERSIST and remove the daily TV guide from your “newspaper” I will be forced to cancel the subscription I have had since moving to Augusta. Please keep it in; as it is one of the nice things I can read over morning coffee. Hope the rest of the town agrees with me.

THE INTENTIONAL sneaky Saturday delivery of our annual property tax bill is almost here again. Because of upcoming USPS delivery changes, this may be the last Saturday tax bill delivery perpetrated on us by our tax office .

I HAVE A RANT about Georgia outclassing the other team. I think they had better look at those hideous Power Ranger uniforms that coach Richt allowed them to wear before they start making comments about other teams. You need to look in your own backyard before they start making comments.

RANT TO THE Georgia Bulldog uniforms last Saturday night. They were awful. Goodbye, coach Richt. No discipline leads to failure.

A RANT TO THE Richmond County jail phone system with money grams. You can overspend on the courthouse, but us taxpayers have to buy money grams to talk to loved ones. No wonder Augusta is broke.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 09/08/11 - 08:45 pm
Man of Faith, I agree this

Man of Faith, I agree this economy is frightening, but don't be discouraged. Our idea of success and God's idea of success are diabolically opposed. He has promised to meet all of our needs and some of our desires. Continue to encourage your children toward doing their best and to place their focus on eternal treasures, and God will supply the rest. It helps me to remember that God's heart is always good towards His people.

tcowan13
tcowan13 09/08/11 - 08:52 pm
This is for all the UGA and

This is for all the UGA and Coach Richt Nay Sayers and Bad Remarks People. I think that Coach Richt is a Great Coach and A Great Man. I am and I will be a Dawg fan till the day that I pass from this world into the next one. God Bless Coach Richt and The Georgia BullDogs!! 'Nuff Said

raul
raul 09/08/11 - 09:34 pm
Does anyone know the story on

Does anyone know the story on the WJBF anchorwoman the ranter is referencing?

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 09/08/11 - 09:37 pm
raul, it was reported as a

raul, it was reported as a rant earlier referring to Jenny Montgomery.

Pu239
Pu239 09/08/11 - 09:52 pm
Man made global cooling is

Man made global cooling is for real....(snort) 63 degrees Fahrenheit is the overnight low! That would be 17.2 degrees Celsius for all of you scientific types like ranter #2. I think I saw a Polar Bear chillin' at the Rapids!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/09/11 - 12:50 am
I like coach richt too.

I like coach richt too. Unfortunetly he will be 0-2 after Saturday's game.

bclicious
bclicious 09/09/11 - 02:50 am
IN RESPONSE TO THE FOLLOWING:

IN RESPONSE TO THE FOLLOWING: "A RANT TO THE Richmond County jail phone system"

A phone call is not a right or privilege that is guaranteed anywhere in our system of laws; therefore, I am glad that it causes you and other criminals elements, hardship and discomfort while you are in Jail.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 09/09/11 - 04:55 am
Jane18
Jane18 09/09/11 - 04:58 am
Anyone want to guess who the

Anyone want to guess who the author of R&R #2 is? So familiar!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/09/11 - 08:27 am
Ok....We are all tired

Ok....We are all tired oftalk-talk-talk...we want to see results....I doubt O will be elected again BUT if the Reps. don't get on board about the job "thingy"....guess who will have egg on their face....
So...I give credit where credit is due....O has thrown the ball in their court..the GOP can either fight everything OR get with the program & try to work with points they can agree on.....I'm thinking they are smart enough to know that working together on job creation is the ONLY way to go right now..
When you are losing your house-job-retirement-401k-----you really don't care about that D or R when you're voting...I hope both sides can work together on this.JMO

Goodmorning-goodmorning ....nice weather...cool....just right!!

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/09/11 - 09:05 am
Ranter #2.....I believe the

Ranter #2.....I believe the issue is MAN-MADE global warming and there are lots of scientists who take exception to that theory. The earth has warmed and cooled many times and a lot of them happened before man walked the earth and learned to make fire. As for the TEA Party, I don't think there is an official TEA Party and to my knowledge the non-existent TEA Party headquarters has not put out a policy statement concerning global warming. I do believe that many TEA Party supporters disagree with Al Gore and friends on the point that we can just stop using carbon based fuels when there is nothing, absolutely nothing, available to replace them in any usable quantity and at an affordable cost. If you think alternative energy is currently viable, please send you contribution to pay back the 1/2 $billion that Obama gave to the solar panel company that just closed it's doors and fired 1000 people. The bottom line is there is no proof that the current degree or two of warming is man-made. It has happened before and it will happen again. And there are no viable alternatives to carbon based fuels at this time. I guess we could all go back to riding horses to work but I am sure we would probably be forced to pay some kind of EPA methane tax when our horses passed gas and the global warming freaks would want to outlaw them too.

emergencyfan
emergencyfan 09/09/11 - 09:56 am
Yes, there are established

Yes, there are established cycles, temperature over the history of the planet has gone up and down, however, if you look at graphs, you will see that the temperature for the 21st century is substantially higher than it has ever been. Gotta go with the man-made, myself.

Even if you don't believe the science, why would you knowingly pollute and trash God's world? Destroy the wonderful plants and animals he created, the air we breath, and water we drink? To make more money? Why? So you can drive a nicer car than your neighbor? So you can own a bigger house than your co-workers? So you can wear nicer clothes than the other people at church?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/09/11 - 10:18 am
Just read that 20,000

Just read that 20,000 patients in a hospital in California had their emergency room info.posted on a web site for all to see...does anyone think we will have private medical records any longer??
The computers are a wonderful invention BUT privacy will go bye-bye..

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/09/11 - 10:47 am
Have no fear you Wally-Mart

Have no fear you Wally-Mart people,...I see they are going to revive their layaway program...they say because the country is struggling...I think THEY might be struggling some too....but it is nice to see how fast they can change when necessary....too bad our government can't.

IamNewToComputers
IamNewToComputers 09/09/11 - 10:47 am
tcowan what world do you and

tcowan what world do you and Richt currently live in? One of fiction? lol

BamaMan
BamaMan 09/09/11 - 11:16 am
I had to laugh about the

I had to laugh about the comment of Georgia's uniforms. They DID look like Power Rangers! I'm glad it was a one-time thing. I think they looked awful.

Jake
Jake 09/09/11 - 11:29 am
In an effort to distract the

In an effort to distract the Gamecocks, the Dawgs will be wearing see-through uniforms tomorrow. So will the cheerleaders. I hope it works.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/09/11 - 12:07 pm
George Jones the country

George Jones the country singer will turn 80 next week....dang ...he doesn't look it...I last saw him in Hiawassee about 2 years ago...he still had the voice.....looked dang good for his age....what a life he has had...I never thought he would live this long----I guess drinking-women-& dangerous driving won't kill you after all....
seeya later!!

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 09/09/11 - 12:11 pm
SeenitB4, that will be

SeenitB4, that will be some kind of expensive HIPPA violation! I think it is $10,000 per violation with each day counting as a separate violation.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 09/09/11 - 01:02 pm
Jake, not a football fan, but

Jake, not a football fan, but I just might have to make it to that game, lol.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/09/11 - 02:06 pm

For all you country music fans.....the Great George Jones..

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 09/09/11 - 04:52 pm
Well, my original comment on

Well, my original comment on the first rave about Martinez Elementary School must've been too personal, so I'll try it again. If I my memory serves me correctly, it was Mr. Ellis (the previous principal) who came up with the idea of having 2 lines for the drop-offs/pick-ups, not Mr. White. From what I've been told by several teachers at MES, Mr. White is responsible for many other exciting, ingenius, inspiring, developmentally innovative, and fun ideas. Yup. I am so glad my child goes to MES.

batya
batya 09/09/11 - 07:47 pm
Are you aware that we have

Are you aware that we have had true records of temperatures for the less than 100 years (per a local meteorologist)? And furthermore, the "official" temperatures that are recorded for research are done so in an area of pavement, which increases the temperature reading (per a local meteorologist). I don't believe a scientific hypothesis can be made from such a short time, and in skewed results. There are just as many legit scientists, if not more, that do not agree with the global warming theory. Why is that people take the word of one group of scientists (of whom they have never met, or do not know) over another? I'll tell you why.....to fit their own opinion/agenda. It's not about truth anymore....

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs