Rants & Raves

THANK YOU to Mrs. Cart­ledge, who assisted me on Old Sudlow Lake Road on Wednes­day night while helping me find our Pomeranian. She was such a godsend at a very scary moment for us. God Bless you!

ALL YOU DRUNKS need to stop trying to force me to stop smoking in my own car. You all need to get a grip. Focus on something worthwhile like jobs and the national debt.

CASH IS KING. When the stock market crashes, gold will be king when cash is devalued. Don’t sell your gold to those people who will be rich and you will be broke. Keep your gold!

OBAMA NEEDED a 10-day vacation to Martha’s Vineyard because he was all tired out from going back and forth to Dover Air Base meeting those incoming coffins.

I DROVE MY NIECE to school last week and I could not believe how some of those girls were dressed! What’s wrong with their parent’s minds? My mother would turn over in her grave.

WHY DO SECTION 8 and Medicaid people get free cell phones with 200 minutes every month? No wonder the people who really need assistance can’t get it.

DRIVING ON I-520 between Gordon Highway and Deans Bridge Road, it smells awfully bad from the dump over there off Old McDuffie Road. I don’t know what’s going on over there. I’ve already called the EPA. There’re supposed to be dumping trees and limbs into that dump, but it smell very grotesque. The EPA needs to come out.

A RANT FOR the SRNS Dept of Energy at Savannah River Site. They are discriminating against people with their age in their layoffs. And the president is resigning now that they have taken the money from us. And they are just allowing this to happen.

IF A LAW GETS gets passed banning smoking in cars then you (the government) need to park patrol cars outside all bars so you can take care of that problem.

ME AND MY WIFE just moved here from Michigan and I just want to say there is excellent service at the Home Depot in Evans, especially by a young man named Joe. He has always been so kind.

A RAVE FOR Columbia County Board of Education for being fiscally responsible and overcrowding some classrooms making kids stand during class. Continue making kids your No. 1 priority.

allhans
allhans 09/03/11 - 09:08 pm
The free cell phone thing is

The free cell phone thing is call compassionate..It's the Democrat way.
Take from the needy and give to the iwantas.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 09/04/11 - 06:53 am
RE: Parents not watching what

RE: Parents not watching what their kids wear to school. I agree... it's crazy- just watching my own nieces & nephews is astonishing. I make comments here and there kinda picking on them, but they don't seem to care. I'd be happy if public schools went back to some type of standard dress. Pick a type shirt & color (polo style, not brand shirt) and either over the hip jeans or khaki pants. Girls could wear at or below the knee skirts. Back when I went to Evans Junior High... there was no air conditioning there and we could not wear shorts. At least the schools are air conditioned now- jeans/slacks/skirts would be perfectly fine.

seenitB4

6 slices bacon, chopped
4 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup thinly sliced scallions
1 large clove garlic, minced
Directions
Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.

Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.

Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.

For all you never heard of shrimp & grits people.....many good recipes....this is just one......:)

mdb67
mdb67 09/04/11 - 04:41 pm
Get fit!! Why are some many

Get fit!! Why are some many law enforcement officials overweight? Think the department needs to review the dress and appearance standards for all law enforcement personnel…..just saying!!

happychimer
happychimer 09/04/11 - 04:56 pm
seenit that recipe sounds

seenit that recipe sounds good.I will try it soon.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 09/04/11 - 07:52 pm
seenitb4, what happened to

seenitb4, what happened to the Most Popular Story list?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/04/11 - 11:07 pm
seenitb4 I have a pickled

seenitb4 I have a pickled shrimp recipe that's fantastic

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/05/11 - 07:33 am
willow.....I don't

willow.....I don't know

shrimp.....put your recipe on here pleeeeeze

SCEagle Eye
SCEagle Eye 09/05/11 - 09:01 am
Too bad if SRNS is treating

Too bad if SRNS is treating workers badly; tax payers have been taking it on the chin by them and earlier SRS contractors forever. Is the kingdom now cracking as a little ta party takes over or is SRS the kind of big government tea party politicians like Rep. Jeff Duncan love?

emergencyfan