Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta man indicted in sex transport scheme

POCATELLO, Idaho -- An Augusta man and another man were indicted by an Idaho federal grand jury on charges they tried to transport minor girls across state lines for sex.

James Russell Ashley, of Augusta; and Wayne Allen Ginnis, of Seattle, were indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury in Pocatello.

The 46-year-old Ashley pleaded not guilty.

Ginnis, who is 28 years old, is in custody in Texas and hasn't made an appearance.

U.S. Attorney Wendy Olson says the men bought bus tickets to Hollywood, Calif., for two Pocatello girls who were just 12 and 13 years old.

She says the men aimed to have sex with the girls after meeting them on an Internet site.

The girls were intercepted by police in St. George, Utah, and returned to their homes.

Mr_nowhere_to_be_revealed
Mr_nowhere_to_be_revealed 08/25/11 - 07:36 pm
Get a rope...

Get a rope...

columbiacountynative
columbiacountynative 08/25/11 - 08:07 pm
Mr...... A freezer and a

Mr...... A freezer and a chipper-shredder will do just fine, after the rope.

InChristLove
InChristLove 08/25/11 - 09:07 pm
Okay, I know sometimes I'm

Okay, I know sometimes I'm dense but someone please explain. One man from Augusta, one from Seattle, buys bus tickets for two minor females to Hollywood California. They were stopped in Utah, and an Idaho grand jury charged the men. How many states are involved here? Geeze. Why is Idaho the one charging the men, if they were (I'm assuming) waiting in California for the girls to arrive?

These girls need to have their butt tore up and hopefully the parents take away their computers and as for the men......well I hate to say what should happen to them....sick, just sick!

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 08/25/11 - 10:22 pm
InChristLove, I agree, this

InChristLove, I agree, this is way too confusing but yes the girls need exactly the punishment you say. How about no trial, no jail, just turn these nuts over to the girl's fathers for some justice. If they're not available, the first two posters can have dibs on them.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/26/11 - 09:26 am
ICL I'm just as confused as

ICL
I'm just as confused as you. I also agree with you that these girls need some major disipline.
Kids these days just boggle my mind. The men on the other hand make me sick to my stomach.

Concerned Citizen 51
Concerned Citizen 51 08/26/11 - 10:43 am
People need to remember that

People need to remember that everyone is innocent until proven otherwise.I have known the Augusta man personally for over 30 yrs. He would never do such a thing .He is not a child molester or would
be sexually involved with under aged girls.

surfwaxmax
surfwaxmax 08/26/11 - 08:07 pm
So... how about we NOT place

So... how about we NOT place the blame on 12 year old girls for almost being raped?

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 08/26/11 - 09:18 pm
Indictments? Big deal. It is

Indictments? Big deal. It is a truism a dishonest (like there's another kind not trying to notch up enough convictions to run for office) prosecutor can get an uninformed grand jury to indict a ham sandwich. Show me more before we break out the pitchforks and ropes.

Concerned Citizen 51
Concerned Citizen 51 08/27/11 - 10:39 pm
All I can say is my girls

All I can say is my girls were 10 and 13 when I met him and he never touch or attempted to touch either one of them in all the years that we knew him.If he wanted children the why was his ex-wife of 23 yrs 13 yrs older than him.