Rants & Raves

FOR ALL YOU Obama haters, why don’t you just go ahead and suck it up? He’s our president. You should respect him. He has a term, and he’ll be there until his term is over. If I have anything to say about it, he’ll be president again next term.

WHAT’S WRONG WITH this picture? We are sending our kids overseas to fight a war to get killed. While they’re gone, there are thieves who break in and steal everything they have. The police will keep them in jail overnight, and the judges turn them loose. They act crazy. They get a crazy check and go home to their moms, who are on welfare. They have no initiative to work if they can get more for not working.

LIES, LIES, LIES. That’s all you hear on that blasted television anymore. Everybody is selling something and advertising this and advertising that. None of that stuff works. It’s all bologna. Those people are just actors doing advertisements. They are not real people who have really experienced those losses on that diet stuff. You know very well if you eat or overeat, you’re going to gain weight.

I AM A PSYCHIATRIST. I have been to these convenience stores and grocery stores from time to time. I have seen people use their major credit cards and their debit cards to write off $4 items or $6 items and charge it. These people need to call me and make an appointment because we need to talk. They have lost it. Anybody that will put $3.45 worth of items on a charge card should be in debt, and that’s exactly what they are, in my opinion, in debt.

IT SEEMS THE amphitheater in Columbia County might have been poorly thought-out. Crime and traffic are going to really increase. Perhaps the county commission should have thought a lot more about this, and Lady Antebellum is way too new of a group to be naming anything after.

I REFUSE TO PATRONIZE any business establishment on a Saturday that has kids outside waiting to accost me for money for one cause or another. Enough is enough.

FROM THE CONSTANT negative comments, opinions, editorials and cartoons aimed at the Democrats, it appears that someone on the staff of The Augusta Chronicle is running for president. Good luck.

A RANT ABOUT the bicyclists' situation in Augusta. I drive Walton Way and Wrightsboro Road frequently, and bicyclists run the red lights and almost get hit by cars almost daily. They don’t obey the traffic laws and act as though they were vehicles, which is what they are supposed to do, according to the Georgia State Patrol. They don’t stop for red lights, they don’t yield; they just take the road and say get out of my way I’m coming. That’s not good.

dougk
dougk 08/23/11 - 05:41 am
It's frightening that a

It's frightening that a person who calls him/herself a psychiatrist can be so out of touch with reality.

charlie marlow
charlie marlow 08/23/11 - 06:17 am
I use a credit card for many

I use a credit card for many day-to-day purchases. I, also, pay the card off, in full, each month. For me, that is more convenient than carrying cash, plus, it allows me to tell the truth to pan-handlers on Broad Street when I say I have no spare change.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/23/11 - 06:54 am
I'm sorry, Ranter #1, but I

I'm sorry, Ranter #1, but I do not respect Marxists.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/23/11 - 06:56 am
Ranter #5 is way too

Ranter #5 is way too paranoid. The newest amphitheater in Evans is not going to increase traffic or crime. It will sit empty, dark, and cold 98% of the time.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/23/11 - 07:09 am
For all you Bush haters, why

For all you Bush haters, why don't you just go ahead and suck it up? He's not the president any more. Obama is our president. Obama has had over 2 1/2 years to get the economy going again and it hasn't happened. If I have anything to say about it, he won't be president after this term.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/23/11 - 08:00 am
We need 2 Presidents.....one

We need 2 Presidents.....one for California & New York & another for the REST of the country...lol...dreaming

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/23/11 - 08:07 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/23/11 - 08:37 am
GOOD NEWS......Ford & Toyota

GOOD NEWS......Ford & Toyota will work together on a gas-electric hybrid engine to power pickups & suvs....make it more affordable & bring it tothe market sooner.

allhans
allhans 08/23/11 - 08:44 am
Rant # 1..We all, at times,

Rant # 1..We all, at times, place our faith in a losing horse.
You can't blame others because your horse is running behind, or can you?

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 08/23/11 - 09:52 am
Don't underestimate this

Don't underestimate this president. He leashed Hillary, killed Bin Laden, and now poor ole Qaddafi is being hunted down like a dog. O's backers on Wall Street, in the unions and the military industry will make sure he has plenty of money to handle dissenters.

Perry and Romney should watch their backs.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 08/23/11 - 09:59 am
I AM A PSYCHIATRIST, what do

I AM A PSYCHIATRIST, what do you think is at the root of your hostile feelings towards this matter?

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 08/23/11 - 10:37 am
LL, may be right about it

LL, may be right about it sitting empty except for local congregators a large portion of the time. I think it will increase traffic periodically, as to crime; we have to wait and see. One really good thing about it is the close proximity to the CCSO and their attitude towards keeping CC safe.

They really have done a beautiful job on it and I am looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with it. I hope it does boost the economy for the local restaurants and that it helps Stonecrest to find a new buyer.

All the new growth on that end is bitter sweet for many us. We look forward to the progress, while we are sorry to see all the beautiful land developed.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/23/11 - 10:35 am
Mr Psychiatrist, if I could

Mr Psychiatrist, if I could get funds from my account without using a debit card I would. Besides a debit card is not credit. You are simply using electronic means to transfer funds. Please give us your name. If I do need a psychiatrist I prefer to talk to one that is in contact with the real world.

emergencyfan
emergencyfan 08/23/11 - 10:58 am
To the psychiatrist #1, I

To the psychiatrist

#1, I think plastic is safer to carry than cash. I pay off my credit card every month and enjoy using my accumulated miles for vacation--not that it's anyone's business how, when, and where I spend my hard-earned money.

#2, Why would you think anyone would consider making an appointment with someone as judgmental as you?

P.S. It also allows me to shrug and say, "sorry no cash" when those kids accost me outside the store. ;)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/23/11 - 11:04 am
The psychiatrist is angry

The psychiatrist is angry when he/she sees people paying for food with credit cards. I am angry when I see people paying for food with EBT cards or WIC vouchers.

Last week I saw a woman plunk down two WIC vouchers that paid for eight (count ’em) bottles of Hunt's catsup. That's all she got; eight bottles of catsup. What child needs eight bottles of catsup?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/23/11 - 11:21 am
VINEYARD HAVEN, Mass. — The

VINEYARD HAVEN, Mass. — The White House is announcing plans Tuesday to end or cut back hundreds of government regulations, an effort the Obama administration says will save businesses $10 billion over five years.

The administration says many of the regulatory reforms focus on small businesses. Those include accelerating payments to as many as 60,000 small businesses that have contracts with the Department of Defense, and requiring the Small Business Administration to adopt a single electronic application in order to reduce paperwork burdens.

Cass Sunstein, head of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, wrote in an editorial in the Wall Street Journal that the reforms will "reduce costs, simplify the system, and eliminate redundancy and inconsistency."

After his party's sweeping defeats in the 2010 elections, President Barack Obama launched a concerted outreach to the business community, vowing to scrutinize federal regulations that companies consider to be an excessive burden. Obama said at the time his goal was to scrap "dumb" rules without weakening ones that are needed to protect consumers and the environment.

WOW_WOW......could the last elections have "sumthin" to do with this??

happychimer
19396
happychimer 08/23/11 - 11:52 am
My check card has Visa on it,

My check card has Visa on it, and I can use it as debit and get cash back; or I can use it as credit and sign my name. The money comes from the same place- a checking account. When I use it as credit, it is the same as writing a check, except the cashier does not have my info when I slide the card.

Cadence
Cadence 08/23/11 - 12:01 pm
*People buy things such as 8

*People buy things such as 8 bottle of catsup with WIC or EBT then they sell or trade them to their own "customers." There is a flourishing cash-less economy going on in some areas.
*You may be seeing people use their EBT card rather than credit.
*Someone I know puts all purchases on her VISA then pays it off at the end of the month. It helps her track where her money goes.
My 2 cents

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/23/11 - 12:56 pm
Just felt an earth movement.

Just felt an earth movement. Slight quake at approx 1:56.

sdfsdf
sdfsdf 08/23/11 - 12:59 pm
Yes, there most definitely

Yes, there most definitely was an earthquake in Augusta just now. Everyone exited the buildings around me.

orenew
orenew 08/23/11 - 01:21 pm
To The Psychiatrist who

To The Psychiatrist who thinks people need to call and make an appointment to see him for using thier credit or debit card for small purchases, have you ever thought maybe they do that because they don't want to carry cash on them for these useless thugs to steal. At least if they get your card you can report it lost and they have nothing, but if they get your $3.45 you have nothing. Now who needs and appointment?

Patty-P
Patty-P 08/23/11 - 01:24 pm
The psychiatrist says people

The psychiatrist says people need help for charging $3-4 on credit cards. Well I've just about lost it then so I need an appointment. Some people don't carry cash. And what if those people were using a debit card? My only question is...how much will this psychiatrist charge me and throw me further into debt to talk about a $4 charge?

allhans
allhans 08/23/11 - 01:30 pm
5 point earthquake in

5 point earthquake in DC..Have you been watching TV

dougk
dougk 08/23/11 - 02:44 pm
"My only question is...how

"My only question is...how much will this psychiatrist charge me and throw me further into debt to talk about a $4 charge?"

Love it, Patty-P.
Is it possible that the poster meant to say: I'm a psychiatric patient.

IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG
IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG 08/23/11 - 02:46 pm
The psychiatrist needs to see

The psychiatrist needs to see a psychiatrist because his/her rant is nothing more then a senseless rambling. Seriously, reread it, it is terrible. Personally, I pay my credit card balance in full every month and earn 5% cash back on all these “$4 and $6 items”. Over the course of a month, it is not uncommon for me to accrue $25 in returns. Not to mention, since I was robbed at gun point four years ago, I refuse to carry more than a buck or two of cash to give any would-be robber the satisfaction of enjoying anything on my dime. On a side note, I would like to know why some people still cannot embrace the check card in lieu of writing checks.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 08/23/11 - 03:42 pm
If I'm not mistaken, catsup

If I'm not mistaken, catsup or ketchup cannot be bought with WIC, which is for Women Infants Children, and made available through a special program designed for baby formula, milk and dairy products like cheese and eggs...I don't think it can be used for anything but these few items..so sorry, you did not see WIC pay for tomatoes in any form..it had to be EBT food stamps or cash or credit...not WIC..unless someone like the cashier was violating the law by allowing it and checking off the items which are specifically listed on each WIC authorized form stating exactly what is to be bought with that particular voucher. As for credit and debit, is it anyone's business how someone spends their own money? Some folks need to get a life and worry about themselves and not so much about how other people live. Don't like the laws? Fire the idiots in DC and hire new ones that will change the laws. See something you think is illegal? Report it to the authorities and have the cashier arrested, the person using the voucher or the person who works at WIC who gave it to them. But whining about it here only ticks off those who know better.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 08/23/11 - 03:25 pm
Sarge, contact the local news

Sarge, contact the local news people about the quake. They are looking for comments from folks who felt it. I felt nothing down in Natl Hills.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/23/11 - 04:56 pm
Hi Zeno, looks like they

Hi Zeno, looks like they already found someone. I felt it pretty good, because I was sitting in my desk chair. It felt like one of my cats was rubbing their feet on the back of my chair, but then I saw a couple of fan strings swinging, with the fan off! Kinda neat, except that it's also scary.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 08/23/11 - 05:15 pm
Thank you seenit!!

Thank you seenit!!

Patty-P
Patty-P 08/23/11 - 05:34 pm
Rant #2.....I don't

Rant #2.....I don't understand it either. We spend billions to protect people in other countries but can't spend a dime when it comes to our own streets.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen