Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT for Spirit Creek Middle School. People seem to think it's funny when a girl beats up a boy. I raised my son not to hit girls, but if he turned around and flattened a girl, it would be a big thing. Girls, you know boys aren't supposed to hit back, so you need to keep your hands to yourself, or you will get hit back.

RANT TO THE COUNTY: We are broke and you are still spending money. We are on furlough days and you are still spending money. We have systems working for HR, Payroll, etc., and you are still spending money Keep what you have and use the W eb-based systems. QUIT spending money - money we do not have!

BOEHNER CLAIMS, re: the debt mess, "We got 98 percent of what we wanted." He's an idiot AND a liar. Both parties are hopelessly corrupt.

THE U.S. CONSTITUTION
says we must keep an army, i.e., self-defense. Good. It never says to spend a nickel on Marxist programs. Yet, politicians now speak of cutting spending on the army but not cutting the trillions we spend on marxism. That's backwards. And it's treacherous.

YES ON TERM LIMITS. Did anybody know that in the original democracy, a long time ago in Athens, Greece, the head man was elected to serve ONE DAY in office.

WE NEED TO BRING our men home. There's no reason why we have to have three wars going, plus. This is absolutely unacceptable.

AS I WATCHED coverage concerning the debt reduction deal, the commentators talk about winners and losers and whether the Democrats or Republicans won. Well, as usual, the politicians won, the American people lost.

I WOULD LIKE to thank the lady from Grovetown who stayed with me when I fell at the airport last week. I didn't realize how much she had done until I got where I was going. Please thank her for me. She did so much and I appreciated it.

NO MATTER WHAT you may think about SRS, one thing is for sure and that's SRS has no one on site to fight for jobs. Upper management don't make this area their home. They really don't care what happens in Aiken/Augusta area because they will just go to another DOE site .

A RANT FOR THE commissioners. Why are the employees at the transit department being treated like sheep to the market? We go home everyday wondering if we are going to have a job or who we will be working for. Not one person from downtown has come to the transit and talked to the workers. Our job is already stressful and now this. How would you like it if you had to read the newspaper for information on your job?

I'D LIKE TO
know what the mothball property ordinance is? I've lived in Augusta 63 years and I've never heard of it.

Tell us what you think
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/11 - 07:57 am
I agree with the ranter about

I agree with the ranter about the transit system....someone needs to talk with them ...stress can cause accidents....will they have a job??? TALK WITH THESE PEOPLE ...

Did anyone feel the debate last night was like watching actors on stage...both sides give off planned statements & bit points just like a staged show/........when will we get the real deal candidate....I'd rather see someone flub sometimes than see actors reading a play.
Do we have the real deal anymore.....C Christie seems like it at times..

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/11 - 07:58 am
At least Rick Perry will add

At least Rick Perry will add some spice.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/11 - 08:04 am
I noticed how old Obama &

I noticed how old Obama & Hillary Clinton look in the last weeks.....a lot of stress makes you age faster....I can understand why some pass up on the chance to run for President.....football & baseball players make much more than they do.....even ceos of big companies have huge paychecks.....so should the President make more $$$$ ...would that give us better candidates?? just wondering..

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/12/11 - 08:07 am

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/11 - 08:15 am
Well what in your "opinion"

Well what in your "opinion" would work??

allhans
allhans 08/12/11 - 02:12 pm
Rant 8 "THIS IS A RANT for

Rant 8 "THIS IS A RANT for all the rich people. Please do not cut the senior annual Medicare and Medicaid."
Rich people won't be cutting your Medicare benefits unless you mean by 'rich', the rich politicians.
We don't know if benefits will be cut, some say Obamacare lowers payments to medical providers, the White House denies it, but not many have read the huge document so that we could "know
what is in it", the date proposed will be Jan 2012, so we will soon find out.. Obama says no "guaranteed benefits will be changed" - but what part of our benefits are "guaranteed"?
Obama did recently say that will be no increase in social security checks, so buckle up, the going will be tough.

Slip Sliding Away....

allhans
allhans 08/12/11 - 10:34 am
The debate last evening was

The debate last evening was boring, I was hoping for some good stuff, like in-the-face kind of stuff , but nah!

happychimer
happychimer 08/12/11 - 12:41 pm
Indrid Cold good post. I

Indrid Cold good post. I agree with you.

allhans
allhans 08/12/11 - 02:09 pm
Come now. Do you know the

Come now. Do you know the history of socialist nations? Not pretty.

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 08/12/11 - 01:45 pm
I love me some of that

I love me some of that 'Euro-socialism'. The Intelligentsia, like government always knows whats best for the huddled masses yearning to suck up all the free stuff they can get without paying for, or earning it.

Just ask yourself what all them happy socialist in Europe do when the government goes broke trying to keep the free stuff flowing......

clayhill
clayhill 08/12/11 - 03:01 pm
To the ranter to the rich

To the ranter to the rich people. Congress has said that Medicare and Medicaid will not be affected. Try watching Fox News to get the facts.

allhans
allhans 08/12/11 - 05:14 pm
My TV is on MSNBC (my bad)

My TV is on MSNBC (my bad) and the 3 men on duty are tearing Rick Perry and the grand state of Texas down to the point you would think Perry is Satan and Texas is Hell.
What a bunch of losers (they are on the bottom of the ratings charts)....I hope lots of people are listening because this bunch is delivering more and more voters to the blessed conservative cause.

IT has started, they are scared of him..what a hoot!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/11 - 05:30 pm
They are skeered of

They are skeered of Perry....lol.....he does keep a gun close by his side...wears boots......lol

FalseHopeLooseChange
FalseHopeLooseChange 08/12/11 - 06:34 pm
I get all my fair and

I get all my fair and balanced social justice news, opinions, and latest breaking Democrat talking points from MSNBC journalists Chris Matthews, Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Ed Shultz, and now, the Reverend Al Sharpton.

I can't wait till they get the truth out there on Rick Perry! He's a gun tot'n Christian with Tea Party backing. And he's a WHITE guy from TEXAS!!! Help MSNBC spread the news....

happychimer
happychimer 08/12/11 - 10:00 pm
So what happened to Indrid's

So what happened to Indrid's comment? I guess someone at AC could not take the truth.There was nothing in that comment that was inappropriate.Like I have said before, free speech is gone.

Vito45
Vito45 08/12/11 - 10:49 pm
happychimer; I think the AC

happychimer; I think the AC moderators can be capricious in their enforcement too, but it is THEIR board and forum. You have all the freedom of speech you ever had, as long as someone else doesn't own the space you are speaking in. The constitutional guarantees never intended that.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/12/11 - 11:28 pm
Just finished with the late

Just finished with the late news; every channel is the same: Michelle Bachman's 'submissive' question. Funny thing, each talking head says the same thing; when you're a candidate, everything in your background is fair game. Hunh. Is that starting with this election cycle, 'cause I have about a dozen or so about the present officeholder.

bushwhacker
bushwhacker 08/13/11 - 08:55 am
Medicare and Medicaid are

Medicare and Medicaid are government programs coveted by the democrats. They were meant to subsidize retirement, not fund it. As good americans we should set an example for the obama clan and refuse these services.

Vito45
Vito45 08/13/11 - 11:53 am
TheChronicleStiflesFreeSpeech

TheChronicleStiflesFreeSpeech sez:"Repubs were all over Clinton for saying the country got "two for the price of one" with him and Hillary."

You are correct sir. After seeing the old tape and the context of what she said and how she said it, I think the question was fair game. When women see that clip they will flee from her like the plague. My wife and I are both conservatives, but I can't print here what she would tell me to do if I tried to coerce her to do something she didn't want to do. She will defer to me for decisions on some things and I do the same with her. That is just mutual respect for each other's intellect and knowledge.

happychimer
happychimer 08/13/11 - 02:52 pm
bushwhacker refuse medicare?

bushwhacker refuse medicare? I most certainly will not refuse it in the near future.I paid into it for yrs. Part of medicare I will have to make monthly premiums. It won't be free. You refuse all you want, but I sure won't.