Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

To the person that is sick of the H.E.A.T. car in North Augusta. Don't you know that in North Augusta that HEAT stands for Hand Everyone A Ticket?

I'm sure many will say that I should not bring the Bible into the tragic situation our nation is in but in the Book of Nehemiah is the account of how devastation was handled and the perseverance and will to move forward. To begin with you must have the correct leadership and Nehemiah proved over and over again to be that leader. He could not have accomplished the restoring process without the help of GOD and those who were able-bodied and willing to work even in times of wanting to give up. Nehemiah had the qualities to do what was right and what was best for his people. We desperately need the kind of leadership who can do their best and get our nation back on its feet and for the good of the people.

Judge Flanagan, how do you know what the victim wanted?

If the Richmond County commissioners want to do something, let them pass an ordinance that makes these men pull their pants back up to their waist and quit showing their rear ends. Nobody wants to see their rear ends except for the men in prison.

This is a rave for Lori Davis. She is one of the most compassionate, caring, articulate women that I have ever met. She cares about Augusta and she is trying to clean up Harrisburg. Plus she's helped all of the other areas in Augusta-Richmond County. She is one nice lady and more people need to see her, be around her and see what she can do for you. I just wish she had been elected mayor instead of the one that we have. I think she would've been a lot better. But raves to Lori Davis. Keep up the good work.

Generic medicine is fine if it works. I have one that's $400 a month regular and the generic doesn't work.

I have been a Bulldog fan since the early days of Vince Dooley and no matter what the record of Mark Richt is, I will always be a fan of Coach Richt. Coach Dooley and Coach Richt have always had qualities that can't be displayed on a scoreboard - class and professionalism and no matter if they are ahead 40 to 0, or behind 40 to 0, their demeanor and professionalism on the sideline is the same. Some of the players commit to Georgia not because it's Georgia, but for the chance to play for Mark Richt. If the University and some "so called" fans demand Richt's dismissal, then Georgia deserves to sink to the bottom.

Isn't it ironic that the only person who was punished during the Anthony trial was the young man who made an obscene gesture? Is the whole world laughing at the American justice system these days?

Tell us what you think
bclicious
bclicious 08/01/11 - 07:54 am
IN REPLY TO: "Could the

IN REPLY TO: "Could the Sheriff's Department get hold of one of those H.E.A.T. cars and put it in my neighborhood for a couple of days?"

Well, what good would it do? I am assuming that you have a traffic problem in your neighborhood; therefore, you would like someone to run radar and catch those nasty speeders. Well, assuming that I am correct, you need to understand that 99% of all neighborhood roads are not radar certified by GDOT. This means that even if law enforcement wanted to, they would not be able to run radar.

SORRY

Techfan
Techfan 08/01/11 - 08:24 am
#3: Sound like prosperity

#3: Sound like prosperity gospel to me.
#5: Those young whippersnappers! They don't even wear spats on their shoes.
#8: Or it could be just for the tour of the Clarke County Jail.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/01/11 - 08:51 am
Reference the question;

Reference the question; "Judge Flanagan, how do you know what the victim wanted?"

Judge Flanagan is a comprehensive and sympathetic human being, and, an excellent Judge. Comprehensive in that he knows every detail of both victim and the accused. Instead of being sarcastic, why not do some research? I'm positive Judge Flanagan would be more than happy to discuss this issue with you.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/01/11 - 09:02 am
"Generic medicine is fine if

"Generic medicine is fine if it works." I have one that is over $800.00 and fights cancer. It doesn't work, either! However, I have several others that are much cheaper, and work very well. I believe that each individual is a different case, because some work and some do not, depending on the person taking the meds.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/01/11 - 09:15 am
The Anthony trial may have

The Anthony trial may have been a miscarriage of justice, but it was carried out properly, and legally. No matter what we think about the guilt or innocence of Ms. Anthony, the jurors came to the only possible verdict based on the actual evidence. This is a point that the majority of passionate people seem to overlook. There was not one piece of "hard" evidence presented that was enough to convict Anthony. The jurors, directed by the Judge, came to the only conclusion they could, based on the actual evidence. Unless new evidence in uncovered, proving beyond the shadow of any doubt, the most infamous “mom” (I use the term loosely), will remain innocent, as determined by a jury of her peers. P.S. I didn’t like the outcome either!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/01/11 - 09:18 am
Sarge, even if evidence is

Sarge, even if evidence is uncovered proving she killed her daughter she can't be tried again. But I agree with you the judicial system is all we have to work with and it did what it was designed to do.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/01/11 - 09:50 am
A rave for Lori Davis....a

A rave for Lori Davis....a very spunky lady...loves her community.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 08/01/11 - 10:49 am
Here's another rave for LORI

Here's another rave for LORI DAVIS... she is a person who speaks from the heart and has actually had her feet on the ground in Harrisburg. I'm sure she can actually name most of the streets in Harrisburg... not the ones in Conifer Place.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 08/01/11 - 10:52 am
I just recently saw an

I just recently saw an article where in the next 14 months or so, there are a good many patents on name brand drugs expiring. For many people this will be a great help. Most generics work perfectly fine as an alternative to their counterparts. I realize that everyone is different and they may not work for them but at least some people will get relief from the gouging pharmaceutical companies.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/01/11 - 11:27 am
In the AJC today----Georgia

In the AJC today----Georgia has 120,000 hispanic kids on medicaid...we will face stiff cuts soon on that program.......what are we thinking...if we can't afford to take care of our own?---I know some will say it's best to treat these kids so they won't spread diseases...but if we don't come up with some money...we won't be able to treat any.
Put the returning soldiers on the border--they are already getting a check.

happychimer
21944
happychimer 08/01/11 - 01:56 pm
Most judges are too soft on

Most judges are too soft on criminals. We need tougher judges to set examples. A year sentence should be a year. A 5 year sentence should be 5 years. The minimum in GA for kidnapping is 10 yrs. with no chance of parole. The whole 10 yrs. has to be served. So what if inmates are miserable behind bars! It is suppose to be that way.

happychimer
21944
happychimer 08/01/11 - 02:01 pm
Today a judge ordered Casey

Today a judge ordered Casey Anthony back to Orlando to serve her 1 yr. probation for check fraud..

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/01/11 - 03:58 pm
Why??? would the library

Why??? would the library allow a mom set down a pitcher of water next to her child at a computer in one of the cubicle's? Each one of the four children has taken a computer (that is fine), but they are shaking the cubicle desks hopping up and down from them. I don't want to be around if that water pitcher spills on a computer.

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 08/01/11 - 04:37 pm
I've served on a criminal

I've served on a criminal jury; from what I observed it consisted of three lawyers (prosecutor, defense and the judge) doing their best using every means of chicanery to keep the facts from the jury. The reason there is such an outrage, I speculate, is we as the public --because of courtroom (over)reporting know more about the actual facts than were placed before the jury.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/01/11 - 05:16 pm
So do county departments and

So do county departments and agencies getting substantial funding from the county have employees spamming the Chronicle comments section? It appears so to me.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 08/01/11 - 07:21 pm
LOL river..you looking for

LOL river..you looking for trouble?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/01/11 - 07:33 pm
Ref. Riverman1 9:18 AM, True,

Ref. Riverman1 9:18 AM, True, Riverman, but apparently, this woman is going to put herself back in the "pokey!"

RogerDavis
RogerDavis 08/01/11 - 08:14 pm
You Rock Lori!!...( and no...

You Rock Lori!!...( and no... I didn't post this rave!!)LOL

iLove
iLove 08/01/11 - 10:29 pm
^ awwwww! :)

^ awwwww! :)

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 08/02/11 - 01:51 am
Apparently many people who

Apparently many people who have begotten children in the last twenty years don't have "the stomach" or "the backbone" or the wisdom to rear them to be responsible, respectful, self-disciplined, productive members of civilized society. Some friendly advice to said procreators: Keep your offspring and their irresponsible behaviors away from me and mine.