Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

I love the rants and raves. But sometimes people just don't know what they're talking about. John Wayne died of stomach cancer. Nothing related to smoking.

This is in regards to Kelly McKnight's being in jail. One thing, he can maybe preach to other prisoners and convert other prisoners while he's serving time.

Sir, I'm so sorry that your wife got knocked down at the mall. I hope that she is doing better. I think mall security should've done something about it and I think they need to have more security at the mall. If the hoodlum children can't pull up their pants they ought to go home.

I hate to rain on the passing parade of CRCT scores in Richmond County schools. However, I cast a suspicious eye on huge one-year gains and losses. I hope and pray that such "miracle statistics" bear (bare) no kinship to Atlanta public schools' shameful spectacle of dishonesty and fraud.

Rants to Augusta for letting the thugs control the riverwalk area, am retired and not willing to go back down there and get robbed or worse. When will police be walking around like the old days? This is a treasure for Augusta and it is being neglected to the point of the Golf Hall of Fame. Shame on Augusta.

Rant to all who are declaring that Casey Anthony is guilty of murder. The legal system has done its thing and if a jury declares Casey not guilty, then so do I. Leave her alone and let her put her life back together with quiet dignity if she chooses to do so.

Isn't it funny that people go to jail for lying to police, but teachers can cheat on tests and walk. The Atlanta school system is following suit with the federal government. All people involved should be fired and prosecuted.

On Saturday, June 10, my husband was up at the CVS Pharmacy up on Lumpkin Road. When he went to get into his truck he accidently fell and fell right on his face. There was a man coming up Peach Orchard Road. He turned around, came back in, gave him something to wipe his face with and asked him could he help him. We did not get his name. Maybe he'll read this and know we thank him. There's still some Good Samaritans out there. God bless him.

Here's to the crazy person who wrote about Wayne Eggins Jr. and his fiance. How dare they criticize that couple. After what that man went through. And if they'd get their facts straight, his fiance was pregnant before this happened to him, so he's not bringing another problem into the world after the fact. She was already pregnant and he was trying to do a good deed when this happened to him. Shame on that ranter about that. People should be behind that man for what he did. If more people did that we might straighten this country up.

Tell us what you think
seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/11 - 07:07 am
Stomach cancer not related to

Stomach cancer not related to cigs......PUHLEEEZE...

Yes the mall should beef up its security....too many free-for-alls at the food court will send shoppers bye-bye....

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/11 - 07:09 am
The testing debacle is a blow

The testing debacle is a blow to the school system......the tip of the iceberg I would say....stay tuned on that...

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/11 - 07:12 am
Thugs on riverwalk...say it

Thugs on riverwalk...say it ain't so....maybe they need a beeeg ballpark to enjoy....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/11 - 07:19 am
Pleeeze let me wake up

Pleeeze let me wake up Tuesday & we are no longer talking about C Anthony ....she doesn't deserve the attention, much less any $$$$.

I wanted to slap her in the lips for the way she talked to her parents.....I think I could wipe that smirk off.....
Let's talk about rivernan today,,,,since he has had such a low profile
lately.....yeh...funny..

You know the nice thing about egotists....they never talk about others..
hahaha
Good am CSRA!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/11 - 07:54 am
river.....after you brought

river.....after you brought it up---I looked it up....

google....books savannah river payday
Interesting......:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/11 - 08:03 am
Techfan
Techfan 07/11/11 - 08:09 am
John Wayne did die of stomach

John Wayne did die of stomach cancer, but he had pneumonectomy in 1964 related to lung cancer.

allhans
allhans 07/11/11 - 09:12 am
Someone just said (here) that

Someone just said (here) that he looked good doing it too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/11 - 10:16 am
We can't insult them but they

We can't insult them but they can insult us...now what's wrong with that picture?

ww1949...sorry about the trouble your mom had last night.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/11 - 10:20 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/11 - 10:43 am

Just for you Sean.....gotta go---I don't have a maid here yaknow.:)

Emerydan
Emerydan 07/11/11 - 11:50 am
stomach cancer is usually

stomach cancer is usually related to alcohol but then I'm sure the cigs didn't help

happychimer
happychimer 07/11/11 - 12:18 pm
Jurors speaking out say their

Jurors speaking out say their not guilty verdict does not mean Casey Anthony is innocent.
We went to Augusta Mall yesterday, and I saw no trouble at all. We had a nice relaxing afternoon.

allhans
allhans 07/11/11 - 01:58 pm
I listened to the first part

I listened to the first part of the Obama speech and that was all I could take, all the trivialities he utters becomes boring, I wish some of his high paid advisers would tell him.

happychimer
happychimer 07/11/11 - 05:47 pm
TNTHOMSON I don't follow

TNTHOMSON I don't follow crowds or bunches.

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 07/11/11 - 06:02 pm
More American males should

More American males should follow Duke Wayne's advice that "a man has got to do what a man has got to do."

ATTENTION: Dead-beat dads

One of the things a man has got to do is to take care of his progeny.

Vito45
Vito45 07/11/11 - 06:17 pm
"This is a warning to the

"This is a warning to the Republicans or any Democrats that think they can cut my Medicare benefits or Social Security. I paid into it. As far as the Medicare's concerned, I'm still paying into it. ... there are lots of us out there. We won't forget."

Whoever you are, please remember that you will collect every cent you paid into SS in a few short years, then you will be living off the contributions of others. We CANNOT continue to pay the level of entititlements paid now and hope for our democracy to survive. As my goos friend Many Arrows has often said: "The math doen't lie."

Will
Will 07/11/11 - 06:31 pm
Here's how you handle the

Here's how you handle the mall confrontation - or any other for that matter: After your assault, say something reeeeal ugly to them. When they turn and come at you, pull a gun or knife and commence to filling them full of holes or carving on them like a Thanksgiving turkey. It'll be self defense then. Don't become a statistic! Stand your own ground!

allhans
allhans 07/11/11 - 06:59 pm
vito..Neither party is trying

vito..Neither party is trying to cut your social security payments.
Both parties have agreed to raise the age to 67 beginning in 10 or more years but that will not affect people drawing social security now or the AMOUNT of any monthly check.
I know you keep hearing this from the MSM but it is NOT true. Check Obama's speech today for the truth. Hmphhh!

SOrry vito...I reread your comment, you didn't originate the paragraph.

WW1949
WW1949 07/11/11 - 10:38 pm
Seenit, thanks for the

Seenit, thanks for the concern. She is ok now and thank goodness she was not knocked down. They did use her cards at 7 places but all have been closed. To you ladies that go to the stores and leave your pocketbook in buggies or open on your side, you are asking to be robbed. My friend is a police officer in Aiken County and he says it is happening all over the county and also doors are being kicked in in the day time when they think no one is at home.

Willow Bailey
20619
Willow Bailey 07/11/11 - 10:50 pm
Neither does the spelling.

Neither does the spelling.

tlcinga
tlcinga 09/13/11 - 03:22 pm
Good news for a change: Kudos

Good news for a change: Kudos to DanceWare on Monte Sano! They have supplied all our dance wear this schoolyear, and I just wouldn't go anywhere else now. Good people, good stuff. Thanks, Alison & DanceWare. Now, stop reading everyone, & go buy your dance stuff there!

Discussionstarter
Discussionstarter 10/09/11 - 12:48 pm
Will someone please STOP the

Will someone please STOP the speeding in West lake!

Keel lone finalist to lead GRU

Georgia Southern University President Dr. Brooks Keel, an Augusta native, is the lone finalist to replace Ricardo Azziz as president of Georgia Regents University.