Rants & Raves

I WORK TWO JOBS to keep health insurance on my family. My wife works full time, too. I did not graduate from high school or college, but I always knew I would have to work to make it in this life. No, I don't have a house full of children that I expect the government to take care of. My three are my responsibility, not the government's.

THIRTY MILLION in this country will get free health care. It will be paid for with higher taxes and cuts to Medicare and Medicaid and other programs. When you get your paycheck next week, look at the taxes you paid and say, "I hope they enjoy it. They will get the same care that I get, but I work and pay for mine. Now I have to pay for theirs, too."

IF YOU GO OUT and buy a car, can you pay the payments, put gas in it and pay the insurance? Why don't people put as much thought into bringing kids into the world they can't afford or be responsible for?

THE KIDS THAT wrecked the mall should serve time. Period. Their parents should pay for the damages. Period. It is time the system make people have some respect for other's property instead of slapping them on the hand and calling the parent to come and get them. I am sick of the free rides people get.

ENOUGH ABOUT the city of Augusta. We have read it all, seen it all. Get over it. Many cities have problems. Wonder if they put Rants and Raves in the papers?

TEACH A MAN TO FISH, he feeds himself a lifetime. Give him a fish, he eats for a day. You have to keep giving him a fish for him to survive. That is the mentality in this country by many ignorant people. Just keep giving them the means to survive and don't expect anything back.

TIRED OF RELIGION being pushed down my throat by those who are such hypocrites. I know who God is, and we have a close relationship. If I don't go to church, is it your business? Last time I checked, it wasn't.

I GO INTO A FAST food place for a burger, get in line to order, a teenager comes in with his pants hanging to his knees. He orders, gets his food, goes and sits in a booth. I left. I could not eat there. How unsanitary is that? When do Richmond and Columbia county make an ordinance to make it an offense to dress that way? Or why can't a business refuse to serve someone walking around in their underwear? They should not be allowed in the mall, either. What happened to all the people that spoke up at one time? Take back your country.

INSTEAD OF SPENDING all that money on coffee, send it to Augusta to repair all the roads they use going and coming to work and all the other times they come in to shop, go to church, eat in our restaurants and attend the concerts.

IT'S UNFORTUNATE that nearly all schools are ultimately doomed to be defined as failing under NCLB. Aside from a few, select magnet schools, 100% graduate rate (and pass rate on the standardized tests) is just not a reality.

Tell us what you think
Techfan
Techfan 07/09/11 - 04:45 am
Teach a man to fish, and he

Teach a man to fish, and he sits on a boat all day drinking beer.

Willow Bailey
20606
Willow Bailey 07/09/11 - 06:31 am
And purchase his beer with

And purchase his beer with his own money, not mine.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/11 - 07:00 am
This is rants &

This is rants & raves.....that's why you hear rants on here...geeez

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/11 - 07:02 am
Take back our country...you

Take back our country...you say....

Well read the posts on here....many are trying....we aren't happy either.

WW1949
WW1949 07/09/11 - 07:20 am
The people who walk around

The people who walk around with their pants down past their waist have no respect for themselves or others. Say it is a cultural think if you want to but I say it is a stupid thing. Same with all the piercings and tattoos. They do nothing but mark you for life and lower your standings in the eyes of others. Wake up and make yourself presentable to all and in the normal ways of society. To the person who holds two jobs-Good for you. I did that also-sold carpet for one company in the day and another at night. Too many people want the fish from my labor and want to do nothing to get them. I give them nothing because I owe them nothing. My family gets it if they need it but to their credit they all have good work ethics.

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/09/11 - 07:18 am
Apparently it is THEIR

Apparently it is THEIR country and we are just here to pay for it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/11 - 07:42 am
Hi ww1949....I saw that you

Hi ww1949....I saw that you said that nudity was a natural thing between men & women....hah...I know some females that won't let their husband see them w/o makeup much less w/o clothes..LOL

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/11 - 08:14 am
I see Atlanta has made the

I see Atlanta has made the national news again...the testing scandal....also the late night comics are chiming in.....
I have never liked the NCLB idea...or tests coming out the ying-ying ...we are teaching kids or they are (I'mnot) who can't speak english...some under nourished....some drug infested homes.....& we want them to all to behave-test the same????INSANE----stop the crazy test brigades.....we have big problems in the school systems...work on them. JMO JMO

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/11 - 09:40 am

For all the shut-ins this am....I would say for someone on here too....but his feathers are ruffled enough....lol

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/09/11 - 09:45 am
Dang, a record that only has

Dang, a record that only has a boogie woogie guitar for music. The good old days.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/11 - 09:53 am

You want boogie-woogie.......here ya go!
Love this music.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/11 - 10:10 am
Have a good day ----got a big

Have a good day ----got a big fat paper to read... seeya.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/11 - 10:12 am
tnt----love Tippen ...great

tnt----love Tippen ...great song!!

Rise From The Shadows
Rise From The Shadows 07/09/11 - 10:30 am
I read an article this

I read an article this morning about how Nikki Haley's Voter ID law is unconstitutional. Can someone here please explain how???

To this day I fail see why so called "Voter ID laws" are so unconstitutional or controversial. What is so hard about showing your drivers license, military ID, or other state issued ID to vote??? I have to show my license for less mundane things than voting almost daily! Again what is the issue with showing an ID card to vote? Can anyone explain this to me???

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 07/09/11 - 10:57 am
Rise... I agree with you. I

Rise... I agree with you. I may be a democrat (for the moment) but I strongly believe in the voter ID laws as well as being tough of immigration.

Patty-P
Patty-P 07/09/11 - 11:26 am
Personally I'm tired of bad

Personally I'm tired of bad juveniles getting a slap on the hand around here too. But I blame that on the juvenile injustice system. They breed criminals.

happychimer
happychimer 07/09/11 - 11:35 am
I have no problem showing my

I have no problem showing my ID when I vote. I read about the SC law, and there are a few changes that need to be made.Brett Bursey, director of the Progressive Network, said South Carolina is set to become the lone state that only recognizes its own state-issued ID to cast a vote. “This is a bridge too high,” Bursey said. “This will keep people from voting.”

Read more: http://www.thestate.com/2011/07/09/1891400/critics-challenge.html#ixzz1R...

happychimer
happychimer 07/09/11 - 11:42 am
There is a woman 59 yrs. old

There is a woman 59 yrs. old who has been voting since she was 18, and the new law might prevent her from voting. Her mother did not put her 1st name on her birth certificate, so SC does not recognize her birth certificate, and won't allow her to get a SC drivers license. She is registered to vote in SC. Will she lose her right to vote? If SC is the lone state that requires a state issued ID, does that mean SC has to be on the ID? No military or passports? Maybe SC needs to copy Georgia's law.

happychimer
happychimer 07/09/11 - 11:50 am
#5 says..I WOULD RATHER build

#5 says..I WOULD RATHER build more prisons and put people in jail than give somebody free health care. At least we would benefit from criminals being off the streets.
You would still be giving them free healthcare.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 07/09/11 - 04:09 pm
Wow I'm sorry my tattoos make

Wow I'm sorry my tattoos make you think less of me. Maybe you shouldn't be so judgemental of others?

allhans
allhans 07/09/11 - 07:09 pm
We are all judgemental about

We are all judgemental about folks who have an opposing view..
I agree with the comment about pants on the floor and those hideous tattoos. We CAn DO BETTER.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 07/09/11 - 09:51 pm
I disagree with your hideous

I disagree with your hideous opinion. I work hard and pay my way if I wanna get a tattoo on my forehead I will. If tattoos make you think less of a person you should be looking in the mirror...that's where the disappointing person is.

lexcabguy2004
lexcabguy2004 07/10/11 - 07:10 am
Okay so I can't go to the

Okay so I can't go to the lake or a back yard pool and have a cookout and sit and eat with girls in bikinis and guys in swimming trucks. Ewww how disgusting. My God people! I don't like to see that look either, I don't allow my kids to do it, and I don't get it, but a law? The police already can't (or won't) enforce the laws we already have. How important would it be to enforce this one? "I am citing you for bad taste and looking stupid"?

I have been at an intersection with a car in front of me with a kid standing up in the front seat and a deputy right next to them. This is a way higher priority than some saggy pants. Will you die if you see saggy pants? No. Will the 3 year old walking back and forth from front to rear in a car die in a wreck? Probably. But the deputy didn't even give a second look, just went on his merry way. They are already understaffed and backed up on calls. They won't care about a saggy pants law.

mtxbass1
mtxbass1 07/10/11 - 07:19 am
"I WOULD RATHER build more

"I WOULD RATHER build more prisons and put people in jail than give somebody free health care. At least we would benefit from criminals being off the streets."

Hilarious. Someone is so upset that they wrote in to say they don't want to give "free" healthcare to 30 million people, yet they have no problem building more prisons where inmates are given free healthcare, shelter, food, and clothing.

david jennings
david jennings 07/10/11 - 10:12 am
I want to know how the

I want to know how the govmint is going to make me buy insurance?If I lose my job my contribution would be 140.00 a week.The govmint might as well order me to buy a mansion.Ill put it this way,if I knew Id be executed next week for non compliance, well,I guess itd be too bad.

WW1949
WW1949 07/10/11 - 01:18 pm
Iwannakno, get all the tats

Iwannakno, get all the tats you want. It matters not to me. Like kind associate with like kind. I choose not to associate with the baggy pants crowd because they have nothing to offer me. They would not fit into my associations and I would not fit into theirs but I bet they would like mine better than theirs. They would have to change their ideas about what is acceptable and what is not.