Rants & Raves

THANK YOU FOR THE great coverage of the South Carolina baseball team. How proud we all should be of Augusta State golf and South Carolina baseball. These young men are definitely wonderful role models for our youths.

THE JURY FOUND Casey Anthony "not guilty," but I found her "guilty" and I'm giving her a "life sentence" for the death of little Caylee. I want Casey to be reminded each and every day for the rest of her life of what she did to Caylee. Casey knows the truth of what happened, and I want her to live with that truth every day as her "life sentence."

THE ARTICLE ABOUT Wayne Eggins Jr. and his fiancee, Ms. Johnson, runs the gamut on emotional response for me and probably most readers. I do feel for Mr. Eggins and admire his response to his challenge. The problem I have with the story is the fact that they chose to bring a newborn into the equation. As taxpayers, we know that there are medical expenses incurred at a huge level that taxpayers will have to pay. Then on top of that, they choose to bring into the world another dependent that will be a longtime expense to the Medicaid and other types of public support system. We should not have to bear an expense that should have been avoided.

RICHMOND COUNTY gets more fragile every day because of crime and blight. We need a mayor who has a backbone, who will do for Augusta what Rudy Giuliani did for New York.

LET'S BE HONEST. Augusta is not much of a minor league ball supporter (or any sport besides golf) so there's no point in building an even bigger stadium. Use the money to fix up the riverfront like Savannah; now there's a logical thought.

AS FAR AS I'M concerned, people can have all the same-sex relationships they want. But to biologically produce a child, it takes the opposite-sex relationship. In other words, the male sperm and female egg relationship. That's the way God created it.

THIS IS A RANT to our youths. Several years ago our youths trashed Regency Mall. Now, years later, your sons and daughters are doing the same to Augusta Mall. This is all a reflection on the home base and religion and upbringing.

WITH SO MANY CATS being put to sleep every day, more should be thought about fixing and releasing these animals, having feral colonies where they can live.

THIS IS A RANT TO all employers who hire illegal immigrants. They are criminals and are breaking the law, and you are criminals for hiring them.

IT'S RAINING. I guess the lights and cable will be off any minute now. Only in Augusta.

WE MAY NEVER know the truth of the Caylee Anthony case, but there is one who knows the truth and that someone is God. God knows the truth and nothing but the truth. Amen!

Tell us what you think
seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/11 - 08:01 am
I have tried to hire

I have tried to hire Americans....the contractors are legit , from the USA...I'll ask them to be sure American workers do the work & usually they have said if they could get Americans to work they would....
Sad......when freebies come in the mail the desire to work goes out the back door.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/11 - 08:01 am
Yes...Richmond county needs a

Yes...Richmond county needs a Rudy!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/11 - 08:04 am
I'm not going to bore ya'll

I'm not going to bore ya'll today with my posts....(cough-cough)....I'm turning on my country classic & doing my work......so have a good one!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 07/07/11 - 08:18 am
Good Morning seenitB4! You,

Good Morning seenitB4! You, are anything but boring. I love your cheer and wit so early in the a.m... ; a wonderful start to my day. I'm going to hug my dog now.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 07/07/11 - 10:41 am
Next to last ranter: NO..

Next to last ranter: NO.. not only in Augusta... We have Comcast in North Augusta too! (sometimes)

whyme
whyme 07/07/11 - 12:06 pm
So...the stadium-good

So...the stadium-good comment...people barely go there as it is. If it was a major league stadium that was run down, I could see it. We have the James Brown Arena and the Bell plus other smaller halls. So there's no Chastain Park-like place...again, do we really think that if we build it they will come? Prove it first with what we have!
As for the mall situation...just like we have higher income and lower income areas in the CSRA, we had the same thing with the mall set-up...until the lower income mall closed...and then the same unfortunate situation which happens in these living areas is now in Augusta Mall...and those people who are afraid are eager to have some other place to shop where they can feel safe, away from the attitudes...is it right? No. But that's the reality and I'm saddened by it.
I agree about the illegal immigrant issue...on the other hand, when I read of the plight of a person who has had to flee for his or her life from another country, I feel bad but get right on becoming legal asap.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/07/11 - 12:30 pm
Ok...Didn't I predict inner

Ok...Didn't I predict inner body searches at the airport....well it's coming...now they say the new terror attack will be from bombs inserted inside the body..surgically....sooo I say we have a wing at the airport staffed with doctors & nurses...Just B4 boarding we can get our colonoscopy check....2 birds with 1stone.....we need the check every so often anyway-----& we will be drugged & that will make the flight even easier .....

Thanks willow......I must say you do have good taste...:O)

daphne3520
daphne3520 07/07/11 - 01:04 pm
Next to last Rant: North

Next to last Rant: North Augusta, too!!!!!

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 07/11/11 - 12:37 am
If the baseball stadium is

If the baseball stadium is such a profitable idea why aren't private investors investing in it? Why does the taxpayer have to pick up the tab for all the millionaires? Could it be SOME millionaires think the taxpayers are just a bunch of suckers?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/07/11 - 08:39 pm
TNT,,,,,You right again, as

TNT,,,,,You right again, as always...

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 07/11/11 - 12:31 am
Until we get crime under

Until we get crime under control the visitors coming that get mugged, carjacked, raped, robbed, and murdered could claim Augusta suckered them into coming downtown to an attractive nuisance and we all know how fast Augusta loses every time we get sued. It's not their money, they can give our money to their billionaire buddies all day and there is no accountability.

Checked out their “WEED ERADICATION PROGRAM” and it looks like Augusta got suckered A-G-A-I-N for $50 G-R-A-N-D on the river weeds. NOT ONE WEED IS GONE. NOT ONE!

The ONLY thing we KNOW our taxes got done this week, was for a county employee to use our tax money to run off a multimillion dollar deal that could have Solved all kinds of crime, brought in MILLIONS, employed bunches of locals in hi tech jobs and brought money to Augusta from all over the world for the rest of our time, but not now. RC BUNGLED the deal because some big dog county employee didn't get a bone he wanted. We are working to salvage the deal, please pray for it to go on through in spite of the folks we pay our taxes to...